May Sweeps Scorecard 2013: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

May Sweeps Scorecard 2013If May Sweeps is just around the corner — and the calendar says it is — that means two things, one even better than the other: 1) TV is about to get good! And 2) it’s time for TVLine’s May Sweeps Scorecard!

Like always, the Scorecard is brimming not only with Sweeps spoilers but also with season finale spoilers! And, same as last year, many of the teasers are hidden beneath a [SPOILER] tag — in other words, you’re gonna have to put on your guessing caps to figure out who’ll be doing what to (and/or with) whom.

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

A few things to remember before you scroll down and read on:

• Firstly, the bulk of the entries below pertain to series regulars or recurring characters from shows that air on a broadcast network (i.e. ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, The CW).

• Secondly, as the twists begin to leak, the Scorecard will be updated (and re-updated… ) until, finally, all the blanks are filled in and/or replaced by even more items! (Mind you, so as not to give away any classified intel, the blanks will often remain blank until after the plots to which they refer untwist on screen.) Regardless, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates.

• Lastly, if it’s on the Scorecard, it happens during May Sweeps, which this year begins April 25 and ends May 22.

OK, now you can go ahead and start reading The Third Annual TVLine May Sweeps Scorecard! Hey, did you already start? Bastards, the lot of you!

Number of weddings: 4
1. AIRED May 9: Will and Emma/Glee
2. Barney and Robin/How I Met Your Mother
2. AIRED May 16: Dwight and Angela/The Office
3. AIRED May 20: Adam and Jennifer/Rules of Engagement
4. AIRED May 20: Russell and Timmy/Rules of Engagement

Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 20
1. AIRED April 29: Kate tells Rick she loves him/Castle
2. AIRED April 30: Jess and Nick have sex/New Girl
3. AIRED May 1: Rayna and Deacon have sex/Nashville
4. AIRED May 1: Will kisses Gunnar/Nashville
5. AIRED May 4: Karen tells Jimmy she loves him/Smash
6. AIRED May 6: Miles and Nora have sex/Revolution
7. AIRED May 7: Nick and Chloe kiss/Grimm
8. AIRED May 7: Wade tells Zoe he loves her/Hart of Dixie
9. AIRED May 8: Oliver and Laurel have sex/Arrow
10. AIRED May 8: Juliette kisses Avery/Nashville
11. AIRED May 8: Dawson tells Mills she loves him/Chicago Fire
12. AIRED May 9: Raj and Lucy kiss/The Big Bang Theory
13. AIRED May 9: Sheldon and Amy have virtual sex via Dungeons & Dragons/The Big Bang Theory
14. AIRED May 9: Arizona and Lauren/Grey’s Anatomy
15. AIRED May 13: Jason and Charlie kiss/Revolution
16. AIRED May 14: Deeks/Kensi kiss (as Deeks and Kensi)/NCIS: LA
17. AIRED May 14: Nick and Juliette kiss for the first time since she lost her memory/Grimm
18. AIRED May 16: Alex and Jo/Grey’s Anatomy

13. AIRED May 15: Jolene/Nashville
14. AIRED May 15: Dante/Nashville
15. AIRED May 20: Michael/Hawaii Five-0
16. AIRED May 20: Jim, Commander Ramsey, etc./Revolution
17. AIRED May 21: Frau Pech/Grimm
18. AIRED May 22: Strauss/Criminal Minds

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR LIST OF GRADUATIONS, RESURRECTIONS & MORE!

GET MORE: Spoilers

1. so says:

What happened to the blind item about a couple breaking up? Ausiello normally, says which spots are blind items, linking to the article. This makes me think that maybe it is not happening anymore, since I haven’t heard any new updates about it in a while. Does anyone know about it?

2. Yasmine says:

‘I love you’ for the first time? It’s definitely Beckett.

• maria says:

they already have said I love you, my guess they are the breaking up couple in MA blind item

• sofia says:

I have no idea what you have been watching but I’m sure it isn’t Castle. Beckett still hasn’t said “I love you” to Castle. She’s shown him how much she loves with actions many times (including just now when Alexis was kidnapped), but those three words are still to be said.
        And do you really think at this moment there can be a show with them not being a couple? Plus, we’ve seen them going separate ways in all the finales until the 4th season, when they FINALLY got together. Season 1 ends with Kate being mad at Rick because he did something she had told him not to, season 2 starts and she’s still mad, season 2 ends with Rick going to the Hamptons with Gina, season 3 starts with Kate mad because he didn’t call in the end of the summer, season 3 ends with the shot and first “I love you” from Rick to Kate, season 4 begins with the aftermath and Kate saying that she needs time and that she’ll call Rick when she feels ready, she doesn’t call and he’s the one who gets mad this time. And in all these times, even not being a couple, it was difficult for them to start working together again, not to mention after Rick finding out she had never forgotten of anything about her shooting. Now imagine them breaking up in the end of this season, how would season 6 (assuming there is going to be a 6th season) be like? How would they even work together?

3. MisterT says:

Best first kiss and saying “I love you” is Vincent and Catherine Jay/Kristin, no doubt!

4. Davi says:

Well, it’s nice to see that after four years of high school, the Vampire Diaries kids are finally going to graduate. All that turning and biting and witchery really took a hit on their grades. Man.

5. Maureen says:

CASTLE: Resurrection – Capt. Montgomery
    Engagement: Laine & Esposito
    Pregnancy: Ryan & Jenny
    ILY: Beckett & Castle – but I wouldn’t be surprised by an engagement either

• May says:

Whoa, slow down there. Capt Montgomery is as dead as one can be, no doubt about that. And since Castle is not a fantasy show, I highly doubt that he’ll be returning. As for Lanie and Espo’s engagement, is not gonna happen. They’re not even really dating, and the season is halfway done. Andrew Marlowe was never one for taking things too fast, so I don’t think it’s happening. However, I do agree with you on the last two items. Jenny and Ryan are most certainly getting pregnant this season, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the season finale brought a Caskett engagement.

6. May says:

Oooh, my favorite time of the year!

7. Jenn says:

Castle has already told Beckett he loves her. Its Beckett who has to tell him.

8. Maggie says:

Question Popping I’m thinking that is Emma to Will on she wants to get married.

I am also thinking that Hook and Emma will kiss on OUAT soon, they’re not setting up Neal/Emma as people wanted it to. It’s all about closure for them.

9. maria says:

my guess, and following my theory about MA break up blind item is one of the break ups is castle and beckett, I hope Brennan popes up the question to booth and the wanna be couples: I hope deeks and kensi are one of them, also avery and april may be one of the reunions

10. Lea says:

Birth: Grey’s Anatomy Meredith

11. Natalie says:

Here’s what’s going down:
    First Time kissing/doing the deed: Sheldon+Amy; Raj+his new squeeze (TBBT); Jess+Nick(New Girl)
    Pregnancies: Bernadette+Howard (TBBT); Cece+Schmidt (New Girl) It only makes sense since Cece just found out she has to have kids ASAP. They’ll probably have sex the night before her wedding. Go figure.
    Deaths: shows like Grey’s + Once have inevitable deaths, but god only knows who will be next.
    Weddings: Will + Emma(Glee); Booth + Brennan (Wouldn’t it be cute if they eloped?)
    Not a category: Neal’s fiance is totally the “Her” from that dude’s(the one hospitalized in Storybrook) phone.

• Sarah says:

@Natalie

“Weddings: …Booth + Brennan (Wouldn’t it be cute if they eloped?)”

That thought has crossed my mind. Either that or Caroline marrying them.

• maria says:

about that I have a theory, pelant is on the finale . may he try to make christine as his daughter and force booth and brennan to marry so as to prove she is booth’s, also booth’s mum is on the finale, it would be nice, and caroline marrying them? I’m totally on it

• amanda says:

Would love to see a proposal by Brennan to Booth but just not feeling it yet. Prove me wrong Hart Hanson…… and the last image I want to see of the series is a happy wedding scene with all their friends and family celebrating. *sigh*

• Kwapple says:

More I think about the more I doubt we see it this season…I know we get something marriage related in the finale, but wondering if it’s more a case of Brennan saying she might want it rather than a straight-up proposal

• Sarah says:

@Kwapple

While I honestly don’t think we’ll get anything more than a further discussion on the engagement/marriage front, I will admit that it’s crossed my mind that they get engaged or skip it completely and just get married because of Pelant.

12. Jo B. says:

I would like the first kiss to be Kensi and Deeks in NCIS LA!! And the big return – I know this is unlikely but I want Elliot Stabler to return to SVU. :-) Changes in jobs? I think Alicia will quit Lockhart Gardner and start her own firm with Cary Agos in The Good Wife.

• HNDavis says:

I didn’t even THINK of Elliot! I filed that away in my too good to be true pile long ago, but that would be a game-changer for sure. Regardless of whether people were for El/Liv romantically or just as partners, not letting them have a proper good-bye was a serious waste of well-built angst.

• Vivi says:

I loved that series until Eliot left.. I kinda miss the dynamic between the characters, besides I always hoped/assumed El/Liv are a kind of OTP.. It was quite a bummer after knowing he left, kinda took out everything I really loved..

• Zoe says:

YES! Elliot coming back would be the best thing. Maybe he’d confess something to Liv, too? …Let me dream!

13. JB says:

Any chance sex might include Sheldon and Amy Farah Fowler?

Probably not, at least until the final year.
    Speaking of which, I bet Johnny Galecki bails as soon as he can. He looks waaaay bored.

• Erin says:

Except this show is going to keep him waaaaay rich for the rest of his life, so he’s probably planning on riding it out as long as possible.

14. Gonna play this guessing game this year.

Since I actually watch like only 5 or so current shows (HIMYM, NCIS, Castle, Criminal Minds, New Girl, and occasionally about 5 other shows), my guesses are mostly gonna be those shows. As I have basically no idea what’s going on other other shows (that these spoilers are most likely actually about)

My wild guesses (read: hopeful wishes at the moment) are the following:

Number of weddings: at least 2
    My guesses: 1. Barney/Robin, HIMYM (even if it wouldn’t have been officially announced, it’s been clear since mid-S7)

Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: At least 7
    My guesses: 1. Castle/Beckett, Castle (I love you); Nick/Jess, New Girl (since first kiss is kind of not an option anymore…2 options left); 3. xx, NCIS: LA; 4. xx, Criminal Minds 5. Ted/The Mother, HIMYM (I would not be surprised if the first words that Ted says to “the mother”, he’ll meet in this episode are “Hey, I know it’s crazy, because I just met you, but…I love you.” lol Would this count if she doesn’t say it back? I wonder… Or he could just kiss her right then)

Number of new pregnancies: At least 2
    My guesses: 1. Jenny/Ryan, Castle (finally!); 2. Breena/Jimmy, NCIS (finally!); 3. Robin/Barney, HIMYM (Yes, I am perfectly aware of the “Robin does never become a pole-vaulter.” thing, but the topic of kids has got to come up this season, so…wouldn’t THAT be the biggest twist ever?) 4. Abby/McGee, NCIS (Hey, I just want to see the bubbly “goth” scientist all hormonal and stuff – it’d be great!)

Number of people giving birth: At least 1
    My guesses: No idea. (Wow! What show is this? A surprise birth that no one knows about 3 months before the date?)

Number of couples reuniting: At least 7
    My guesses: 1. McGee/Abby, NCIS (though I don’t think that’s gonna happen during actual May sweeps, but…perhaps…); 2. Esposito/Lanie, Castle; 3. Schmidt/CC, New Girl

Number of breakups/divorces: At least 6
    My guesses: No idea right now!

Number of fatalities: At least 7
    My guesses: Ziva’s dad’s killer, NCIS;

Number of possible fatalities: At least 8
    My guesses: xx, NCIS

Number of resurrections and/or big returns: At least 2
    My guesses: 1. NCIS ; 2. Bones ; 3. Castle ; 4. HIMYM – is the scene with The Mother & Ted’s paths crossing again considered possibly also as “return”?

Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: At least 6
    My guesses: 1. Gibbs or Vance, NCIS ; 2. xx, Castle

Number of engagements/question poppings: At least 4
    My guesses: 1. McGee/Abby, NCIS; 2. Castle/Beckett, Castle

• HNDavis says:

Way to represent for NCIS! As soon as I read “couples reuniting” I immediately thought of Abby and McGee. After a bit of a McAbby drought, they have been acting so MARRIED lately. The writers have managed to work the word “McAbby” into the script TWICE now (that’s once more than Tiva) and the last time was actually uttered by Abby – “From the ashes, McAbby will rise!” If that’s not foreshadowing, then these writers have achieved a whole new level of evil.

• OK. Updated guesses:

Number of weddings: at least 2
      My guesses: 2. CC/Shivrang, New Girl … perhaps CC’s wedding is still taking place, but I doubt it’ll end with her & Shavi married

Number of new pregnancies: At least 2
      My guesses: 1. So…the “Castle” Ryan & Jenny baby news were announced before May Sweeps, so I got that wrong…not part of this. BUT… still close. // …adding 5. CC/Schmidt, New Girl to the list, cause it looks more and more plausible

My guesses: 3. Eric & Nell, NCIS: LA; Kensi & Deeks, NCIS: LA

Number of resurrections and/or big returns: At least 4
      My guess: 1. as we now know Mike Franks will be a part of the NCIS season finale. I guess even a dream or flashback can be qualified as “big return”… so Franks, NCIS 2. Pelant, Bones

Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: At least 6
      My guesses: 1. It looks like some other team members careers might also be in “danger”, not just the bosses (Vance, Gibbs), so am adding Ziva, Tony, McGee and Abby to the list as well as possibilities, NCIS + adding 3. xx, Criminal Minds & 4. xx, New Girl & 5. Lily, HIMYM … to the possibilities list

Number of fatalities: At least 7
      My guesses: 1. Bodnar, NCIS (among others) 2. xx, Criminal Minds

PS. Thanks, HNDavis

• I guess a few more answers are now revealed:

Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: At least 6
      My guesses: 1. It looks like some other team members careers might also be in “danger”, not just the bosses (Vance, Gibbs), so am adding Ziva, Tony, McGee and Abby to the list as well as possibilities, NCIS; 2. xx, Castle; 3. xx, Criminal Minds; 4. Jess, New Girl; 5. Lily, HIMYM; + adding 6. Leonard, TBBT … to the possibilities list

My guesses: 1. Castle/Beckett, Castle (I love you); Nick/Jess, New Girl (since first kiss is kind of not an option anymore…2 options left); 3. Eric & Nell, NCIS: LA; Kensi & Deeks, NCIS: LA; 4. xx, Criminal Minds 5. Ted/The Mother, HIMYM (I would not be surprised if the first words that Ted says to “the mother”, he’ll meet in this episode are “Hey, I know it’s crazy, because I just met you, but…I love you.” lol Would this count if she doesn’t say it back? I wonder… Or he could just kiss her right then) 6. M&M, Mike & Molly

Number of engagements/question poppings: At least 4
      My guesses: 1. McGee/Abby, NCIS (HIGHLY UNLIKELY); 2. Castle/Beckett, Castle; + as we know now 3. xx & xx, Glee

Number of breakups/divorces: At least 6
      My guesses: 1. Brennan and Booth, Bones (I’ve thought of the possibility, so gonna guess)

Number of resurrections and/or big returns: At least 4
      My guess: 1. as we now know Mike Franks will be a part of the NCIS season finale. I guess even a dream or flashback can be qualified as “big return”… so Franks, & I guess A.J. Chegwidden from JAG-time returning to assist the navy can also be called a return, NCIS; 2. Pelant, Bones

15. vi says:

births is meredith grey

16. Russ says:

Can number of characters being cured of vampirism be a category?

17. Johanna says:

Number of couples reuniting: one better be Lanie and Esposito from Castle! (also, I wouldn’t mind Lanie getting pregnant by Espo!)

18. Emma says:

April/Jackson – Grey’s Anatomy
    Got to be one of reuniting/first time saying ‘I love you’ couples.
    I for one can’t wait!

• ali says:

I’ve been reading all of these comments hoping someone else would say it!! :) I really hope that your right!! They just need to say I love you already!!<3

19. kirads09 says:

I assume the big Adalind reveal at the end of Friday’s Grimm episode doesn’t count here since
    it is not May sweeps yet? Or does it?
    Speaking of Grimm, guessing one of the couples reuniting Nick and Juliette.

20. Wayne says:

Doesn’t JR’s Death on Dallas count as a fatality?

21. Chance says:

No one on Vampire Diaries is going to graduate. Those crazy kids never even go to school (unless there’s a dance)

22. Erin says:

Total shot in the dark, but I’ll guess Snow White/Mary Margaret as one of the pregnancies. And Ann (Parks and Rec) as the second??

and I know Nick and Jess will be in there somewhere.

23. Lindsay says:

Is that final blank graduation spot for Jeff on “Community”, maybe?

24. Steph says:

I swear if Beckett is not one of the 7 characters that might say ‘I love you’ for the first time, I will hurt somebody’s feelings.

25. Erin says:

Come to think of it, Cece makes total sense as one of the pregnancies. And I’d also guess she and Schmidt will be one of the reuniting couples. And I’ll guess Chris and Ann (P&R) in that same category. As far as breakups: Emily and Aiden (Revenge)

26. Susan says:

Birth: I’m hoping it’s Jeff and Audrey’s baby on Rules of Engagement.

27. gatorgal says:

Time Warp is How I Met Your Mother-already spoiled.

28. Marcylle says:

I hope Jane and Lisbon kiss for the first time \o/ AMEM
    I’d love to die fangirling

29. Kaz says:

I’m still traumatised by the first time Lorelai said “I Love You” to Luke….that didn’t go well. I’m pretty sure Caskett are headed in a similar direction….not looking forward to the summer!

30. Once source says:

Based on things I know Neal/Emma is definitely not going to happen but that’s no mystery JMO has even stated that herself multiple times.

From what I am hearing, Neal is going to die at the hands of Regina before the end of the season which will send Rumple over the edge.

• Sana says:

…and kill off a (present) 10 year-old’s Dad? It’s possible but pretty dark for a “family” show.I know they’ve shown it in from the past in previous episodes (Snow’s mum being the latest) but that meant that we didn’t witness whole grief process. I’m calling this Captain Swan ****-stirring. Apologies if I’m wrong but the comment about JMO would hint at this, I also doubt that a) either parts of the finale have been written or b) anyone but the writers or creators know the real truth about what will happen.

31. jenn says:

Just read the paleyfest new girl article and this was a link. This means that New Girl is def. one of the shows concerned;
    Very unlikely but CeCe marrying Shivrang (that’s a stretch but it’s possible)
    Jess and Nick having sex
    Jess and Nick saying I love you (or both)
    CeCe being pregnant with Schmidt’s baby
    or CeCe and Schmidt getting back together

One of these is happening for sure

32. t says:

I really hope that castle & beckett are on of the couples that are going to break, because their relationship is becoming really boring. I love them will all my heart, they are my otp and still.. this season has really disappointed me… so I’m hoping they will break up and then find a way to work out the things in s6, so they relationship will become intense!

33. katie says:

number of couples having sex: Perhaps Sheldon and Amy

34. Annie-Claude says:

The person giving birth has to be Goldie on The New Normal. Unless it happens before sweeps.

35. Vickijbs says:

I think one of the fatalities is going to be Steve’s girlfriend on Hawaii Five-0. I think that’s why they made her a regular this year – so we’d get emotionally invested and be that much more upset when they kill her.

36. May says:

Well, Alaric’s new show is in the crappers, so here’s hoping for a resurrection.

For couples kissing/sex/love you Nick and Jess! And Cary and Kalinda (on screen PLEASE).

Divorces, Alicia and Peter, on The Good Wife.

And reunion, Alicia and Will (please god, please) and Cece and Schmidt.

37. NotBri says:

Resurrection= Irene on Elementary? Does it count if she didn’t die on screen and we haven’t met her yet?

38. Krithika says:

If Castle is NOT in the ‘Number of couples saying “I Love You” for the first time’ category, I’m gonna shoot someone. And if Castle IS in the “Number of breakups” category then…well I’d shoot someone. NO I’d shoot myself. Nah probably not that either, I’ll just stop watching Castle.

39. gatorgal says:

It’s already been spoiled that New Girl’s Nick’s dad dies, but I don’t know if it is during May Sweeps.

40. A.B. says:

I think the last wedding might be Jen and Adam from “Rules of Engagement”. And I don’t know if they are counting “The Walking Dead” but all the deaths are from there.

41. Jj says:

The deaths will mostly be TVD… and at least one of the resurrections. Also one of the couples hooking up. Klaus will get action…

42. Kat says:

Couple kissing for the first time Zoe and George on the Hart of Dixie:( it’s gonna happen, i an feel it in my bones and I am not happy about it…
    Another couple I hope to see getting on is Carol and Daryl from TWD.. And I would love this hook up !!!

43. Kat says:

Also Cat and Vincent from the Beauty and the Beast will have sex

44. Erin says:

I’m thinking the other wedding is Penny and Pete’s on Happy Endings (although I have my doubts as to whether or not they go through with it,) And on the HE train, I predict Dave and Alex will be one of the breakups.

45. blaire says:

you can add Nick and Jess from ‘New Girl’ to the couples having sex for the first time!!!!!

46. Erin says:

I think Nick and Jess are still too up-in-the-air to say “I love you” by seasons end. But I think we’re gonna get some sex! Awkward, hilarious sex.

47. Nonnie says:

I want more Supernatural speculations!!!
    With how season gr8 has been going, I definitely think there’s gonna be idk… an “I love you” (also the shipper in me still has hopes for a kiss) between Dean and Cas.
    Also think they might have a time-warp. They /could/ possibly have a fatality too, but I mean, it wouldn’t be anything permanent.
    I’m also gonna go ahead and guess that “onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes” might be Cas getting his wings clipped, aka falling and becoming human. I guess.. maybe… that could fit in there. Just speculating though!
    As for big returns? You never know with Spn!!

48. madbengalsfan85 says:

Multiple casualties on Bones according to SN…perhaps some possible fatalities as well

49. Cadence says:

After the spoiler about Kensi and Deeks from NCIS: Los Angeles going undercover again, I reckon they might be one of the couples kissing for the first time.

50. Sarah says:

Did they add another “Spoiler” tag under the “Weddings” section? Or am I just imagining it and there’s always been 2 tags besides HIMYM?