Is Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving The View, Too?

Get More: Controversy, News

hasselbeckSoon after Joy Behar announced she’s leaving ABC daytime comes news that Elisabeth Hasselbeck also is not long for The View.

US Weekly reports that Hasselbeck, one of the talk show’s five co-hosts, won’t be back next season because her politically conservative viewpoint doesn’t sit well with audiences.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

When asked for confirmation, the show’s rep tells TVLine, “Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a valued member of The View and has a long-term contract.”

Hasselbeck, who first made a name for herself as a castaway on CBS’ Survivor in 2001, joined the daytime chatfest in 2003.

Behar announced Thursday she’s departing the long-running ABC daytime talk show after 16-and-a-half years to pursue other ventures, including a new interview show. Her contract expires in August.

Comments (147)

• goodbye the most evil thing in daytime,

Comment by Andrew – March 8, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? Because she’s a republican? I don’t agree with her politics but she seems like a perfectly nice girl. You, seem like an ass.

Comment by dude – March 8, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • she isnt a political entity, she isnt condi or chenny, someone who can actually debate on anything with authority. there are good decent republicans, there are also people like her who are proudly ignorant.

Comment by Andrew – March 8, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You are so right. Even if she believed in what the other ladies were saying she would never admit it cause what would the GOP say.

Comment by barbara (@barbara11452) – March 10, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually she’s not a perfectly nice girl when it comes to discussing politics. She’s rude and pushy. I can’t stand it when she talks over those who do not agree with her position, but gets pouty and upset when someone asks her not to do that. She doesn’t know how to discuss or debate politics…..just bark her opinion.

Comment by Alichat – March 8, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ??? Rude & pushy perfectly describe the bear bit#h

Comment by Kevin in CT – March 8, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Surely, you’re talking about the rest of the panel?

Comment by Swearman – March 8, 2013 07:40 PM PDT
        • I agree. There are times when she just blurts out a comment that really doesn’t apply to what they are talking about either. She shouts it out like “I will be heard, dammit!”

Comment by Tammy – March 8, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Elizabeth was a breath of fresh air on The View. She showed concern about the state of America, the condition of our government, and the strength of our nation. Against the overwhelming vulgarity of loony liberalism, where their only debating technique is to shout and yell when their weak arguments are about to be undermined. Elizabeth inveribly nailed them time and time again. It is very sad that her grace and charm will no longer adorn the the table of The View.

Comment by James – August 12, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He could be talking about the show in general.

Comment by Vladimir Nabokov – March 8, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well stands to figure that a “repulcican” would love the most evil creature around! Do you like dragons also? and practice dark magic?

Comment by lacakid – March 9, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Elizabeth does seem to be a perfectly nice girl but her political views are so predictable that she is a bit boring. Someone more flexible and openminded would simply be more interesting and entertaining. I’m just sayin’

Comment by Margaret – March 28, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • no…not because she’s a republican….because she’s a douchebag.

Comment by lise farley – May 24, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s the funniest comment ever @Andrew

Comment by T-L – March 8, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Andrew – I can’t quite tell if you’re referring specifically to Hasselbeck… or to “The View” in its entirety! :-D

Comment by Simon Jester – March 8, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m a little disappointed this bunch is breaking up. Whether you like them or hate them, the addition of the wonderful Whoopi Goldberg seemed to round it out to a well balanced group.

Comment by A VIEWer – March 8, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ew. Whoopi is obnoxious and attacks people if they dont agree with her. Far from wonderful.

Comment by Patty – March 9, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s just patently untrue.

Comment by TV Gord – March 12, 2013 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Evil, really?

Comment by AW – March 8, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are wrong the most evil is JOY….HELLO

Comment by Pat – March 8, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you stupid may we say that the others are evil even more Joy Behar black soul bitch !!

Comment by dd – March 9, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dude. What the hell. You need to get a grip on that.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i will agree have only watched a few times she is ill prepared not researching when guest appear and asking them about there dead wives and other stupid questions whoops

Comment by Peter Gowing – March 9, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With Joy goan there is no reason to watch. But if they got rid of Hasselbeck, I might reconsider.

Comment by barbara (@barbara11452) – March 10, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That response is less “we don’t want her to go” and more “no way she’s getting out of this”

Comment by the girl – March 8, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suddenly Joy Behar decides to stay!

Comment by Jay – March 8, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL – I thought that too! I just hope TVLine or another reputable source can confirm the Hasselbeck story for us, since The View is denying the US mag report.

Comment by april-ann – March 8, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THR is confirming. As is Reuters. I think it is true. I’m surprised as well – I have to think ABC may be trying to reel in their costs – Oprah in 2010, Regis in 2011, now the View in 2013. It is a rough business – the numbers need to match the ad revenue and they need to match the costs. That may not be happening at this point on the View.

Barbara is still sharp – they’ll get this figured out by fall and the new season. A couple of very lucky women are going to get the jobs of a lifetime. All the best to Joy and Elizabeth. I think Joy is going to get the old Larry King spot in primetime on CNN.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – March 8, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If it is being confirmed then I’d be beyond thrilled, Nero. She’s the reason I stopped watching. Piers is a great guy and a phenomenal interviewer. He’s not going anywhere unless it is he who wants to. He’s not being ousted, especially for Joy Behar. She has already had a show over there which was okay but failed. I love Joy Behar, but I seriously doubt she’s taking over for Piers who already got the Larry King primetime spot on CNN, unless of course Piers wants out. That said, I’d watch her, she was always great when she subbed for Larry King. The question of Barbara’s sharpness is up for debate. Lucky yes, but smart, talented, charismatic women will get the jobs if the show continues. They seem to have been grooming Ali Wentworth, good choice. I hope the show will take the direction of smart, talented, charismatic women and never again go with such a stupid, uninformed screeching blond reality show contestant who spews talking points but is unable to back anything up with informed, intelligent opinion. What a mistake that was, they lost so many viewers due to keeping her there for so long that I hoped they have learned something from that. I suggest a panel of Whoopi, Barbara when she’s there, Meredith Veiera, Star Jones and Ali Wentworth. Smart, funny talented women who can offer so much in the way of not only smart, funny intelligent talk and debates but entertainment too.

Comment by april-ann – March 8, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Piers is the most stupid, rude, prepotent, arrogant, kiss queen ass I ever saw!
            He’s not English he’s a plain douchebag….

Comment by Ray Vieira – March 9, 2013 09:48 AM PDT
          • Piers Morgan has a TV show?

Comment by desertman – March 10, 2013 09:48 AM PDT
        • I think Linda Dano would be a great ”elder” gal on the panel, she’s feisty, fun, and can speak well with others, good replacement for Barbara if she scales back. Show is getting way to far left and ethnic and that is a turn off. Elizabeth is rather strident, and won’t miss her, even if she was voice of us 47%’s! Go Elizabeth and take Joy and Sherri with you. Whoopi can do the show alone.
          Or better yet, bring back Meredith, she was classy, smart, funny, and on occasion fill in, get in Ann Curry who got royally screwed by Matt the King over at NBC. I know many who have stopped watching Matt and his 2 daytime interchangeable hair flippers……would miss Barbara Walters, she was and is the heart of the show, and while they are at it, cancel Katie Couric’s show, she stinks at being host…….much better in an ensemble.

Comment by Gzee Tiszaa – March 18, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • In a comment response to Gzee, you said everthing in a nutshell. I hope others read your comment, you are so right. I enjoy hearing from sensible intellegent people. Also, i myself believe the show is getting too ethnic, it seems that the network is trying to apease ignorant sherri.

Comment by ELLE Davidson – March 18, 2013 04:35 PM PDT
    • I sincerely hope not! She an angry evil woman who can hardly say a good word for anyone.

Comment by Naomi – March 8, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has Joy announced on The View she is leaving, or just on her Current Show?

Comment by Karen (@ldylkngb) – March 8, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t mind her having a different viewpoint than the others, it’s just such a MISINFORMED viewpoint.

Comment by Abe Froman – March 8, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What because she doesn’t buy everything Obama and the Democrats are selling? Why is her viewpoint wrong and the other women on that shows viewpoint right? I guess we should all bow down to everything the “Leaders” in Washington say

Comment by Counter Pointe – March 8, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wouldn’t you rather have someone more intelligent giving the conservative point of view? I’m not talking being informed vs. watching Faux, I’m just talking straight up intelligence.

Comment by Josh – March 8, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not her viewpoint that is “wrong,” it’s her “facts”–almost ALWAYS. She is woefully midinformed, and it’s an embarrassment to the show.

Comment by meem – March 8, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Elizabeth bashes Oboma but when he comes on she gushes over him and wants playates at the Whitehouse for her kids.

Comment by Carol – March 8, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • so she just uses it big deal I can’t stand the man and I would take addvatege of it to !!

Comment by dd – March 9, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Misinformed? You know this because you are so well informed? Right (sarcasm)!

Comment by Trista – March 8, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because it’s not yours?

Comment by Kevin in CT – March 8, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is the single reason that I don’t watch. What a troll.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – March 8, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s the only reason I’ve ever tuned into that show. And the occasional interesting guest…

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • sad :(

Comment by dsm – March 8, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Don’t be sad for me. I am perfectly happy. I drink nobody’s kool-aid. But thanks for the show of concern…

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are surely shortsighted if you can’t see how good Elizabeth is on “The View”. I like her just because she has such good family values, not because she is a Republicn, altho I am also. Thanks for the ‘ass’ comment.

Comment by Naomi – March 8, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ME TOO

Comment by Naomi – March 8, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So ABC thinks everyone who watches The View is a flaming Lib like Elisabeth’s co-hosts? I personally like seeing one person on that show who doesn’t worship the ground Obama walks on.

Comment by Joe – March 8, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you don’t drink the kool aid somehow your opinion isn’t valid. interesting isn’t it how Dems are supposed to be so open minded, but if you have a different view point you are the devil.

Comment by Trista – March 8, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re so right. Everyone should worship racist pricks like Rush and Fox news instead.

Comment by Lena – March 8, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yep. Fox is racist. And all their African American contributors and anchors prove that. *ignorant*

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I can’t be racist, I have a black friend!

Comment by Brooke – March 8, 2013 02:53 PM PDT
        • Way to prove her point there. She said nothing about jumping ship to the other side, she’s just talking about tolerance for other people’s opinions. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with them, it just means that you can be CIVIL when hearing what someone who disagrees with you has to say. It means that you can deal with people with differing opinions than yours being on TV without turning into a huge rage monster or accusing them of being “evil.” Everyone needs to grow up. EVERYONE.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is there no middle ground in this country anymore? I refuse to believe that everyone is either akin to Bill Maher or Rush Limbaugh. This is why the two political parties have alienated the very large group of informed yet frustrated voters in the middle.

Comment by Faster – March 8, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ITA!

Comment by Too true – March 8, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Who? Juan Williams? LOL – oh, ok. Fox is just so diverse!

Comment by lovebug – March 8, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If that’s the only name you know then clearly you don’t watch enough and can’t make a credible case.

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 09:09 PM PDT
          • ….and Harris Falkner, Lauren Green, Angela McGowan, Charles Payne and Wendell Goler….you REALLY should be more cognizant of what you post lovebug…you show your ignorance otherwise

Comment by Brenda – March 9, 2013 01:06 PM PDT
        • There really isn’t. Its sad. I can’t stand the super right or super left. I’m very much in the middle and I’m disgusted with both sides. All the time they spend griping about each other is obnoxious and doesn’t solve anything.

Comment by A – March 8, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you. There are some of us, probably more of us in the middle, though our government doesn’t reflect it.

Comment by lori – March 8, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I completely agree! Also, while I don’t agree with many of her opinions, the show does need some balance and feature some women with different political views, and she brought that. Besides, it’s not like she’s Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin. Maybe with Joy (who could be a blowhard sometimes) leaving they’ve decided the show needs more moderate opinions on both ends of the table.

Comment by big cheddar – March 8, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The problem is that the people who are the loudest are the crazy fringes (on both sides) and people like a train-wreck so that’s basically all the media shows anymore. And then you’ve got the “all or nothing” people where, if a person agrees with them on most things, but has a different opinion on ONE point, they’re an evil monster from hell who eats babies for fun. Everyone is insane right now, and it’s depressing.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. So much.

Comment by A – March 8, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yup, us Dems are soo close-minded, that why our policies are full of plans to keep people’s rights away. You’re right, Democrats are the ones trying to legislate gay people, womens bodies and people of colour …… Oh wait.

Comment by mia – March 8, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As a democrat/liberal I completely agree with this assessment. It’s everywhere right now.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good for you! Me, also

Comment by Naomi – March 8, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like her but isn’t she needed? She creates discussions and drama…Without her you just have The Talk.

Comment by Josh – March 8, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed

Comment by dude – March 8, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am a moderate person when it comes to politics, I hope the show gets more balance. I don’t love Elizabeth or Joy’s opinionspst of the time…I won’t miss either of them. I wish they could find women who can offer both sides of issues in a balanced way. Even though I differ from many of Whoopi’s opinions, I still respect her because she is able to present intelligent ideas with a persuasive, but never nasty argument.. Find more people like that who represent all sides of the political spectrum….oh and why the heck is Barbara still there? She is losing it, let her retire, so she won’t embarrass herself anymore.

Comment by Curly – March 8, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Whoopi and Joy walked out on Bill Oreilly in a middle of an interview because they don’t agree with his point of view. Which was only grandstanding in front of their audience because both of them have been on his show to promote their books. Yeah, very classy and tolerant of them. Bill, on the other hand, has had people on his show tell him to his face that he’s wrong and that he’s obnoxious and he takes it. And yet, these two hags are glorified while Bill gets demonized.

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So true!

Comment by Mary – March 8, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They walked off because of his racist comments, not his calm, objective opinion as you say.

Comment by Series > Sports – March 8, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I would have too.

Comment by Seriously. – March 8, 2013 03:38 PM PDT
          • You are completely missing the point. They showed a lack of poise and tolerance by ignorantly walking out. Even Barbara had to call them on it. In other words, they perfectly illustrate the behavior of those that cry ‘intolerance, racism and persecution’ but lack the common courtesy and intellectual courage to entertain dissenting opinions, thus proving to be the most intolerant and prejudiced people of all. Only children throw tantrums and storm out, not people that want to be taken seriously.

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 09:16 PM PDT
          • You’re the one who’s missing the point, Ana. Were they supposed to just sit there and let him get away with making outrageous and false statements. No, they did what was appropriate, and they took a stand (and a walk). Where are your principles?

Comment by TV Gord – March 12, 2013 12:56 AM PDT
      • Barbara is still there because it’s HER show. She is a woman who has paved the way for women today and she deserves WAY more respect than “OMG she’s so old make her go away”. So you need to shut your mouth and sit down and show some damn respect.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly.

Comment by TK – March 8, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I sure she will be replaced with an other conservative. Hopefully one who is more informed about facts.

Comment by Gail – March 8, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I find it a little concerning that they’re getting rid of the two most opposite people…nobody needs a show where everyone has the same viewpoint. It kind of seems like shutting up the “stupid women” while blow-hard men like Rush Limbaugh are allowed to spew actual hatred for years and years unchecked. People reeeeeally don’t like it when women have strong opinions. Especially other women.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s not leaving…I have a feeling Joy got fired (like Star did but decided to use an excuse which star didn’t) because she’s become so mean the past few years..the only way Elisabeth would be leaving is if they hired someone like Meghan McCain to take her place…who I personally think would be a great person to replace Joy…have a balanced panel and not a one sided Obama worship service

Comment by Billy – March 8, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t agree with her political viewpoints but I like her. She always seemed like a nice person and I liked her on Survivor.

Comment by dude – March 8, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Look, I’m an Obama fan and someone who would definitely vote Democrat until and unless something seriously changes in the Republican party. But to call Elisabeth unintelligent or horrible is just untrue. She is nice AND intelligent, and so are plenty of Republicans who take viewpoints that our left want to label as stupidity.
      Plenty of people on both sides of the political spectrum are guilty of being intolerant bigots. I’m ashamed to say thatthis comments section seems to have brought out plenty of the ones of my side of the spectrum.
      Anyway, if she leaves hopefully she will go on Survivor again! Although I doubt it.

Comment by Ben – March 8, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The only silver lining to this…if it is true…would be if she played again…but it would have to be a celebrity season since she would be a big target otherwise…if it was a celebrity season…bring her Lisa and once of the other celebrities that have played (jimmy Johnson/ Jeff Kent) to be on a respective tribe as a “leader” like they did last season with the injured players :-) it would be great of they did that

Comment by Billy – March 8, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Liberal here, and completely agree.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s a shame if its just because of her political views, hopefully if she is leaving its on her own terms. Not that I agree with her on anything, but it s wrong to judge someone on their political views.

Comment by Mike – March 8, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not necessarily. If their political views cause me to lose freedoms (that Akin idiot comes to mind) then I will be judging away. But Hasselback isn’t affecting policy, she’s just stating her opinion.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her conservative viewpoint doesn’t sit well with audiences? lol Bull crap. If anything, she’s not articulate enough in her viewpoints and they need more liberals. It’s 4 to 1 against her. People won’t watch The View unless all 5 are flaming liberals? Talk about intolerance.

Frankly, if she leaves, they should replace both her and Joy with solid right-wingers to balance the other 3. Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham should do. Some nice headline makers. And would give Whoopi and Barbara some balance to their left-wing soapbox.

Really, what fun is it anyway if everyone on a talkshow has the same view? No conflict? All political hot topics have all 5 hosts agreeing to their same liberal ideology?

Really, all the Hasselback hate exposes the left for their own bigotry and intolerance. Hope Elisabeth stays just to stick it to them. We’ll let her leave when they replace Joy with a conservative extremist who will actually refute the garbage spewed by Barbara and Whoopi. Gosh, some of the things Barbara has said unchecked on that show are ridiculous. Babs, Whoopi, Joy, and sometimes Sherri express such misinformed and biased, intolerant views and people call EH the hack? The View needs some balance or else it belongs where it’ll ultimately end up: the trash heap.

Comment by Joe – March 8, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ann Coulter….ughhh, she is easily the worst representative of the Republican Party, she is a class A bigot, hire her and kill the View, which frankly would be a good thing.

Comment by Mike – March 8, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ann Coulter…really! I agree with Mike 100%. It would be great hiring that “thing” which in turn would shut the Voice forever….I do not see any real content on that show. Going back to Ann Coulter, that isn’t a human being…She’s a worm with anorexia, that vomits poison, bigotry and crap! I’m sure she was abused when she was a kid, and I think she’s still is! She’s so sick she can stand looking at herself in the mirror….she will melt, ihihihihihihihihih…

Comment by Ray Vieira – March 10, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with most of what you said but I think that Ann Coulter would be a great choice to for a conservative viewpoint. Someone like Megan McCain would be excellent in my opinion because she has the ability to explain her viewpoints and give the reasoning behind them while Coulter just kind of says controversial things for the heck of it. I definitely think that having a more balanced panel will create great discussions.

Comment by Rachel – March 8, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you that there definitely shouldn’t be all liberals. I DISAGREE with you that a good replacement would be Ann Coulter though. She’s a caricature who spews hatred to piss people off for fun. They need someone who is level-headed and educated on the issues.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, you should take note that most of the people defending Hasselback here are liberal, so maybe the blanket statements could be dialed back a little, huh?

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought when Elisabeth and Rosie O’Donnell had their little fracus several yaers ago that she should have left the show. Elisabeth is a republican at a time and in a profession where that is equivalent to having leprosy. Joy Behar, Rosie O’Donnell and to an extent Whoopi have no tolerance for opinions opposite their own and their contempt for her shows. if Elisabeth walked out every time she disagreed with a guest as Whoopi and Joy did with Bill O’Reilly, she would likely never be there. The sad thing is that as she has progressed on this show her tone has become strident and she appears more high strung and nervous. i love Elisabeth but she needs to leave quickly before the pirhanas eat her alive.

Comment by Deanne – March 8, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Without Elizabeth the show is a bore. Because none of the other hosts agree with her, especially Joy and Whoopi, the drama that is created keeps it interesting. It’s a big mistake to lose that drama.

Comment by Mary – March 8, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elizabeth reads from GOP talking points, she is a puppet. But maybe the show wants to get away from politics or extreme views anyway.

Comment by ES – March 8, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol!!!! And Joy exemplifies political correctness and tolerance??? Lol!!!

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • At least Joy’s opinions are her own, formulated by her, and expressed in her own words. Elizabeth just gets her memo from Fox News every morning and starts parroting.

Comment by meem – March 8, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah Right !!! Joy “never” voices the democratic talking point spouted by ALL the other liberal stations !! God forbid that we have ONE station that speaks the conversative views of the nation ! How evil is that ! Give me a break !! Get a job—pay your own way— leave us alone !!

Comment by Kathy – March 8, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You go from Elisabeth Hasselback to “get a job”? Way to invalidate what you’re trying to say.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:33 AM PDT
    • Not true. How is supporting gay marriage and other gay rights reading from GOP talking points. Thanks for yet another ill-informed opinion, though.

Comment by TV Gord – March 12, 2013 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am getting alot of feedback regarding Sheri, I added my last name since there is another Elle on this thread. However, sheri needs to goooooooo!

Comment by ELLE Davidson – March 12, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please notice i added my last name to stop the confusion, there is another Elle that is NOT me.

Comment by ELLE Davidson – March 12, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, the source is US Weekly. Enough said.

Comment by Mika – March 8, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elizabeth and Sherri are the only two things worthwhile about The View. Joy and Whoopi make it unwatcheable for me.

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sherri? Really? The idiot who didn’t know the Earth was round is worthwhile? Riiiiight.

Comment by Jason Castleman (@lethargicj) – March 8, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly! She’s entertaining in a completely clueless sort of way. She doesn’t have the dagger in her eyes that Whoopi and Joy have. I mean, let’s be real, who watches this show to be educated or enlightened? This is about entertainment.

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So because she was uneducated it completely invalidates her as a human being? Wow.

Comment by Ruby – March 9, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She made one mistake on her first week on the job, and some of you will never let her forget it. I’m sure you’ve never said anything stupid before. It happens. It doesn’t negate everything else she has contributed to the show. Talk about narrow minded.

Comment by TV Gord – March 12, 2013 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you for your response. However i noticed there is another Elle on this thread and i did not say Sherri said the world is flat? Her contributions to the show…what, her wigs, upper very large breasts, her stupid ignorant comments. I have considered not watching the view, i stated i will have to see who Joy is replaced by. Sherri adds nothing to the view.

Comment by ELLE Davidson – March 12, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For me, Whoopi is the only reason to watch the show. It use to be Meredith!

Comment by Tammy – March 8, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get how this bimbo got this gig in the first place…All she has done is Survivor…She needs to climb back in the hole she climbed out of..

Comment by Sara – March 8, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She use to have a show on E! or Style network too. She is now a contributor to GMA as well.

Comment by Tammy – March 8, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “because her politically conservative viewpoint doesn’t sit well with audiences.”

Seriously? Why have people with different opinions when you can just have a bunch of shrieking hens clucking the same opinion at each and agreeing all the time. Healthy debate? HA!

Comment by Jason Castleman (@lethargicj) – March 8, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go, Elzabeth. Go away!

Comment by Ms Big – March 8, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elisabeth gets on my nerves when it’s obvious she is just repeating what she has heard on FOX News. It’s almost verbatim. Plus there are times when she just throws some comment out that doesn’t even fit with the discussion. BUT every time the get a conservative fill in for Elisabeth………. they are much worse. Personally I would rather keep Elisabeth than to think of the alternatives.

I do think it’s smart to have an alternative point of view. At least Elisabeth thinks the world is round, she is not against gay marriage, and she wasn’t a fan of some of the anti-woman legislation that was going around this year. She actually likes Obama and Michelle as people. She isn’t as rude to some of the liberal guest as Joy and Whoopie have been to some of the conservative guest on the show.

I do get mad at her at times. I think she spews out comments that she has not researched or maybe even understands because it’s the Republican talking point of the week. But who else is going to talk about The Bachelor, DWTS, and all the other silly things Elisabeth brings to the table. That can’t all be Sherri Shepherd.

Comment by Tammy – March 8, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BTW…… I want Ali Wentworth to replace Joy! I have posted this on The View’s web page as well. I think she would be an excellent replacement. She’s smart, she’s funny, and she has an insight to politics that most don’t.

Comment by Tammy – March 8, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I appreciate diverse opinions, and I like Elisabeth! And I just might watch The View now that Joy is leaving! Can’t stand her snarky attitude!

Comment by Terri – March 8, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! Joy comes off extremely rude, overbearing, and intolerant much of the time. I like Elisabeth and would actually be upset to see her go.

Comment by Ashley – March 8, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you all do realize it doesn’t matter which side of the politic fence your on…. you’re wrong. no one on either side gives a damn about any of us. dems/repubs same difference and if you think youre better off now than when you were before bush took office and when obama took office.. you’re the ignorant one. bush was a joke and obama is no different, he’s just more charismatic and has a lot of celebrity friends.

Comment by patrick – March 8, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a liberal and DON’T want to see Elisabeth leave. She’s a decent, smart woman whose views I don’t agree with. I know Joy is leaving and I’ll miss her but if they want to let someone go, please get rid of Sherrie. She’s too dumb for words.

Comment by lefty – March 8, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Having a conservative voice isn’t the problem. Expressing those views in an unintelligent and shrill manner is. Reading Republican talking points off of a list is not helpful to the debate. They need to replace her with someone of intellect and composure who can express the “other side” with a modicum of smarts and poise.

Comment by Dawn – March 8, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right. She also lost her sense of humor a few years ago. She never seems happy, and she’s constantly offended by things she thinks she should be offended by, because Fox News told her so. I would love if they would replace her with someone like Megan McCain, someone who is down to earth and funny, but still provides an opposing point of view to the rest of the ladies.

Comment by Kjess – March 9, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she’s been on the show for ten years. if the audience had a problem with her conservative perspective she’d had been gone LONG AGO. i’m not really interested in arguing about her motivation to leave, whether it’s true or not, but i might just chalk this and Joy Behar’s leaving up to the format being old and stale.

Comment by cjeffery7 – March 8, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t count on this being true. She’s been a conservative the entire time she’s been on the show, so nothing has changed. It’s just another silly tabloid rumor.

Comment by elle – March 8, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Makes sense that the the audience doesn’t like her….all of the conservatives are work while the show is on.

Comment by Scott Brecht – March 8, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love any story about Elisabeth Hasselbeck because it always illustrates so clearly how neither side of the political spectrum can lay claim to the word, “tolerance”. ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – March 9, 2013 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elizabeth should be given credit. She bravely faces all the other hosts who have an opposing opinion, yet represents 50% of our nation which is conservative. I never watch the show because of that lack of balance, but Elizabeth handles opposition and attacks with a great amount of grace. For those of you with differing opinions, your vicious attacks on her show your true nature.

Comment by Patty – March 9, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hasselbeck has always had to fight to get a word in edgewise…..like the 11 year old at the grown ups table. I feel sorry for her half the time. Joy and Whoopee talking over her. I just always felt sorry for her. And yes, we need at least one semi- conservative voice on that panel anyway. Sherri, I can honestly say is the coolest, most easy going on the panel that I can stand. Barbara…..geeesh, please just retire now. Thanks.

Comment by Missy – March 9, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God this loud mouth ,pushy, rude woman will be gone.Now she can go preach about how great she is and better then everyone else somewhere else.

Comment by Michele – March 9, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except that–f you actually read the story–she’s not leaving. Say what you will about Elisabeth, at least she knows what she’s talking about before she comments on a story. ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – March 9, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just read EH was fired!

Comment by N – March 9, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • See you on Fox News in a few months

Comment by Al Z – March 9, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can anyone tell me who the Original co hosts of The View were when it started?

Comment by JBC – March 9, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The original co-hosts were Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Meredith Vieira, Star Jones and Debbie Matenopoulos. It debuted on August 11, 1997. :-)

Comment by TV Gord – March 9, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you TV Gord.

Comment by JBC – March 9, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • :-) My pleasure. :-)

Comment by TV Gord – March 9, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Say what you want, she’s got great legs – I’ll miss them.

Comment by Brat – March 9, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching this show because of Hasselbeck’s shrill, window shattering, vociferousness, plus Sherrie’s ignorance and thinly disguised racism. I dont care that Hasselbeck is a Republican, I care that she gives Republicans a bad name. She can’t debate without sounding like a shrieking fishwife.

Comment by pd – March 9, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A huge THANK GOD!!!!

Comment by Zack – March 9, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its funny that EH is being pigeonholed as the conservative one when she was originally brought on to represent the 20s generation. All the ladies have aged. I am not my 20s anymore either but I would be interested in a younger POV on the panel again.

Comment by brooke – March 10, 2013 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, but EH represented younger, VERY CONSERVATIVE people, which doesn’t amount to much of an audience grabber these days. But I agree that they need some youth on the stage (Babs is 83, Behar is 70, Whoopi is 57, Sheppard is 45 and Hasselbeck is 35).

Comment by Bob – March 11, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The answer is ‘No’ according to Babs this morning. It’s a false rumor.

Comment by Bob – March 11, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is everyone so mean on this blog? Joy is a refreshing very funny host, Whoopi is a voice of reason, Elizabeth is raw and needs to learn to work well with others, we all should not have her view shoved down our throats. However, does anybody out there notice how ignorant Sherri is? I would love to see her go, i enjoy intellegent conversation and opinions. Barbara, I grew up watching you but it is time to enjoy some downtime and retire. You are truly an inspiration but please take Sherri OFF. I will have to see who replaces Joy because that will be my deciding factor for me if I continue to watch The View! Bye Joy, you will be missed by many.

Comment by ELLE – March 11, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have grown to like ” the talk “. I feel that the view is much to hard and comfusing. I believe that whoopie, just like elisabeth is just as pushy. I also feel that she can be a bit domineering. Granted i have a hard time dealing with elizabeth closed minedness, but she is honest. I am neither libral or conservative. There are times when i agree with both of them, and other times when i do not. The reason i like the view is because they make me laugh, even when they are being real. People stop hating a person because you do not agree with them…..

Comment by eugene summers – June 14, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post