Is Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving The View, Too?

hasselbeckSoon after Joy Behar announced she’s leaving ABC daytime comes news that Elisabeth Hasselbeck also is not long for The View.

US Weekly reports that Hasselbeck, one of the talk show’s five co-hosts, won’t be back next season because her politically conservative viewpoint doesn’t sit well with audiences.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

When asked for confirmation, the show’s rep tells TVLine, “Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a valued member of The View and has a long-term contract.”

Hasselbeck, who first made a name for herself as a castaway on CBS’ Survivor in 2001, joined the daytime chatfest in 2003.

Behar announced Thursday she’s departing the long-running ABC daytime talk show after 16-and-a-half years to pursue other ventures, including a new interview show. Her contract expires in August.

1. Andrew says:

goodbye the most evil thing in daytime,

• dude says:

Why? Because she’s a republican? I don’t agree with her politics but she seems like a perfectly nice girl. You, seem like an ass.

• Andrew says:

she isnt a political entity, she isnt condi or chenny, someone who can actually debate on anything with authority. there are good decent republicans, there are also people like her who are proudly ignorant.

• Alichat says:

Actually she’s not a perfectly nice girl when it comes to discussing politics. She’s rude and pushy. I can’t stand it when she talks over those who do not agree with her position, but gets pouty and upset when someone asks her not to do that. She doesn’t know how to discuss or debate politics…..just bark her opinion.

• Kevin in CT says:

??? Rude & pushy perfectly describe the bear bit#h

• Tammy says:

I agree. There are times when she just blurts out a comment that really doesn’t apply to what they are talking about either. She shouts it out like “I will be heard, dammit!”

• James says:

Elizabeth was a breath of fresh air on The View. She showed concern about the state of America, the condition of our government, and the strength of our nation. Against the overwhelming vulgarity of loony liberalism, where their only debating technique is to shout and yell when their weak arguments are about to be undermined. Elizabeth inveribly nailed them time and time again. It is very sad that her grace and charm will no longer adorn the the table of The View.

• Vladimir Nabokov says:

He could be talking about the show in general.

• lacakid says:

Well stands to figure that a “repulcican” would love the most evil creature around! Do you like dragons also? and practice dark magic?

• Margaret says:

Elizabeth does seem to be a perfectly nice girl but her political views are so predictable that she is a bit boring. Someone more flexible and openminded would simply be more interesting and entertaining. I’m just sayin’

• lise farley says:

no…not because she’s a republican….because she’s a douchebag.

• T-L says:

That’s the funniest comment ever @Andrew

• Simon Jester says:

@Andrew – I can’t quite tell if you’re referring specifically to Hasselbeck… or to “The View” in its entirety! :-D

• A VIEWer says:

I’m a little disappointed this bunch is breaking up. Whether you like them or hate them, the addition of the wonderful Whoopi Goldberg seemed to round it out to a well balanced group.

• AW says:

Evil, really?

• Pat says:

You are wrong the most evil is JOY….HELLO

• dd says:

you stupid may we say that the others are evil even more Joy Behar black soul bitch !!

• Peter Gowing says:

i will agree have only watched a few times she is ill prepared not researching when guest appear and asking them about there dead wives and other stupid questions whoops

• With Joy goan there is no reason to watch. But if they got rid of Hasselbeck, I might reconsider.

2. the girl says:

That response is less “we don’t want her to go” and more “no way she’s getting out of this”

3. Jay says:

Suddenly Joy Behar decides to stay!

• april-ann says:

LOL – I thought that too! I just hope TVLine or another reputable source can confirm the Hasselbeck story for us, since The View is denying the US mag report.

• Nero theTVFiddler says:

THR is confirming. As is Reuters. I think it is true. I’m surprised as well – I have to think ABC may be trying to reel in their costs – Oprah in 2010, Regis in 2011, now the View in 2013. It is a rough business – the numbers need to match the ad revenue and they need to match the costs. That may not be happening at this point on the View.

Barbara is still sharp – they’ll get this figured out by fall and the new season. A couple of very lucky women are going to get the jobs of a lifetime. All the best to Joy and Elizabeth. I think Joy is going to get the old Larry King spot in primetime on CNN.

• april-ann says:

If it is being confirmed then I’d be beyond thrilled, Nero. She’s the reason I stopped watching. Piers is a great guy and a phenomenal interviewer. He’s not going anywhere unless it is he who wants to. He’s not being ousted, especially for Joy Behar. She has already had a show over there which was okay but failed. I love Joy Behar, but I seriously doubt she’s taking over for Piers who already got the Larry King primetime spot on CNN, unless of course Piers wants out. That said, I’d watch her, she was always great when she subbed for Larry King. The question of Barbara’s sharpness is up for debate. Lucky yes, but smart, talented, charismatic women will get the jobs if the show continues. They seem to have been grooming Ali Wentworth, good choice. I hope the show will take the direction of smart, talented, charismatic women and never again go with such a stupid, uninformed screeching blond reality show contestant who spews talking points but is unable to back anything up with informed, intelligent opinion. What a mistake that was, they lost so many viewers due to keeping her there for so long that I hoped they have learned something from that. I suggest a panel of Whoopi, Barbara when she’s there, Meredith Veiera, Star Jones and Ali Wentworth. Smart, funny talented women who can offer so much in the way of not only smart, funny intelligent talk and debates but entertainment too.

• Gzee Tiszaa says:

I think Linda Dano would be a great ”elder” gal on the panel, she’s feisty, fun, and can speak well with others, good replacement for Barbara if she scales back. Show is getting way to far left and ethnic and that is a turn off. Elizabeth is rather strident, and won’t miss her, even if she was voice of us 47%’s! Go Elizabeth and take Joy and Sherri with you. Whoopi can do the show alone.
          Or better yet, bring back Meredith, she was classy, smart, funny, and on occasion fill in, get in Ann Curry who got royally screwed by Matt the King over at NBC. I know many who have stopped watching Matt and his 2 daytime interchangeable hair flippers……would miss Barbara Walters, she was and is the heart of the show, and while they are at it, cancel Katie Couric’s show, she stinks at being host…….much better in an ensemble.

• ELLE Davidson says:

In a comment response to Gzee, you said everthing in a nutshell. I hope others read your comment, you are so right. I enjoy hearing from sensible intellegent people. Also, i myself believe the show is getting too ethnic, it seems that the network is trying to apease ignorant sherri.

• Naomi says:

I sincerely hope not! She an angry evil woman who can hardly say a good word for anyone.

4. Has Joy announced on The View she is leaving, or just on her Current Show?

5. Abe Froman says:

I don’t mind her having a different viewpoint than the others, it’s just such a MISINFORMED viewpoint.

• Counter Pointe says:

What because she doesn’t buy everything Obama and the Democrats are selling? Why is her viewpoint wrong and the other women on that shows viewpoint right? I guess we should all bow down to everything the “Leaders” in Washington say

• Josh says:

Wouldn’t you rather have someone more intelligent giving the conservative point of view? I’m not talking being informed vs. watching Faux, I’m just talking straight up intelligence.

• meem says:

It’s not her viewpoint that is “wrong,” it’s her “facts”–almost ALWAYS. She is woefully midinformed, and it’s an embarrassment to the show.

• Carol says:

Elizabeth bashes Oboma but when he comes on she gushes over him and wants playates at the Whitehouse for her kids.

• Trista says:

Misinformed? You know this because you are so well informed? Right (sarcasm)!

• Kevin in CT says:

Because it’s not yours?

6. Magically Suspicious says:

She is the single reason that I don’t watch. What a troll.

7. Joe says:

So ABC thinks everyone who watches The View is a flaming Lib like Elisabeth’s co-hosts? I personally like seeing one person on that show who doesn’t worship the ground Obama walks on.

• Trista says:

If you don’t drink the kool aid somehow your opinion isn’t valid. interesting isn’t it how Dems are supposed to be so open minded, but if you have a different view point you are the devil.

• Lena says:

You’re so right. Everyone should worship racist pricks like Rush and Fox news instead.

• Ana says:

Yep. Fox is racist. And all their African American contributors and anchors prove that. *ignorant*

• Ruby says:

Way to prove her point there. She said nothing about jumping ship to the other side, she’s just talking about tolerance for other people’s opinions. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with them, it just means that you can be CIVIL when hearing what someone who disagrees with you has to say. It means that you can deal with people with differing opinions than yours being on TV without turning into a huge rage monster or accusing them of being “evil.” Everyone needs to grow up. EVERYONE.

• Faster says:

Is there no middle ground in this country anymore? I refuse to believe that everyone is either akin to Bill Maher or Rush Limbaugh. This is why the two political parties have alienated the very large group of informed yet frustrated voters in the middle.

• Too true says:

ITA!

• lovebug says:

Who? Juan Williams? LOL – oh, ok. Fox is just so diverse!

• Ana says:

If that’s the only name you know then clearly you don’t watch enough and can’t make a credible case.

• Brenda says:

….and Harris Falkner, Lauren Green, Angela McGowan, Charles Payne and Wendell Goler….you REALLY should be more cognizant of what you post lovebug…you show your ignorance otherwise

• A says:

There really isn’t. Its sad. I can’t stand the super right or super left. I’m very much in the middle and I’m disgusted with both sides. All the time they spend griping about each other is obnoxious and doesn’t solve anything.

• lori says:

Thank you. There are some of us, probably more of us in the middle, though our government doesn’t reflect it.

• big cheddar says:

I completely agree! Also, while I don’t agree with many of her opinions, the show does need some balance and feature some women with different political views, and she brought that. Besides, it’s not like she’s Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin. Maybe with Joy (who could be a blowhard sometimes) leaving they’ve decided the show needs more moderate opinions on both ends of the table.

• Ruby says:

The problem is that the people who are the loudest are the crazy fringes (on both sides) and people like a train-wreck so that’s basically all the media shows anymore. And then you’ve got the “all or nothing” people where, if a person agrees with them on most things, but has a different opinion on ONE point, they’re an evil monster from hell who eats babies for fun. Everyone is insane right now, and it’s depressing.

• A says:

Agreed. So much.

• mia says:

Yup, us Dems are soo close-minded, that why our policies are full of plans to keep people’s rights away. You’re right, Democrats are the ones trying to legislate gay people, womens bodies and people of colour …… Oh wait.

• Ruby says:

As a democrat/liberal I completely agree with this assessment. It’s everywhere right now.

• Naomi says:

Good for you! Me, also

8. Josh says:

I don’t like her but isn’t she needed? She creates discussions and drama…Without her you just have The Talk.

• Curly says:

I am a moderate person when it comes to politics, I hope the show gets more balance. I don’t love Elizabeth or Joy’s opinionspst of the time…I won’t miss either of them. I wish they could find women who can offer both sides of issues in a balanced way. Even though I differ from many of Whoopi’s opinions, I still respect her because she is able to present intelligent ideas with a persuasive, but never nasty argument.. Find more people like that who represent all sides of the political spectrum….oh and why the heck is Barbara still there? She is losing it, let her retire, so she won’t embarrass herself anymore.

• Ana says:

Whoopi and Joy walked out on Bill Oreilly in a middle of an interview because they don’t agree with his point of view. Which was only grandstanding in front of their audience because both of them have been on his show to promote their books. Yeah, very classy and tolerant of them. Bill, on the other hand, has had people on his show tell him to his face that he’s wrong and that he’s obnoxious and he takes it. And yet, these two hags are glorified while Bill gets demonized.

• Mary says:

So true!

• Series > Sports says:

They walked off because of his racist comments, not his calm, objective opinion as you say.

• Seriously. says:

I would have too.

• Ana says:

You are completely missing the point. They showed a lack of poise and tolerance by ignorantly walking out. Even Barbara had to call them on it. In other words, they perfectly illustrate the behavior of those that cry ‘intolerance, racism and persecution’ but lack the common courtesy and intellectual courage to entertain dissenting opinions, thus proving to be the most intolerant and prejudiced people of all. Only children throw tantrums and storm out, not people that want to be taken seriously.

• TV Gord says:

You’re the one who’s missing the point, Ana. Were they supposed to just sit there and let him get away with making outrageous and false statements. No, they did what was appropriate, and they took a stand (and a walk). Where are your principles?

• Ruby says:

Barbara is still there because it’s HER show. She is a woman who has paved the way for women today and she deserves WAY more respect than “OMG she’s so old make her go away”. So you need to shut your mouth and sit down and show some damn respect.

• Gail says:

I sure she will be replaced with an other conservative. Hopefully one who is more informed about facts.

• Ruby says:

I find it a little concerning that they’re getting rid of the two most opposite people…nobody needs a show where everyone has the same viewpoint. It kind of seems like shutting up the “stupid women” while blow-hard men like Rush Limbaugh are allowed to spew actual hatred for years and years unchecked. People reeeeeally don’t like it when women have strong opinions. Especially other women.

9. Billy says:

She’s not leaving…I have a feeling Joy got fired (like Star did but decided to use an excuse which star didn’t) because she’s become so mean the past few years..the only way Elisabeth would be leaving is if they hired someone like Meghan McCain to take her place…who I personally think would be a great person to replace Joy…have a balanced panel and not a one sided Obama worship service

10. dude says:

I don’t agree with her political viewpoints but I like her. She always seemed like a nice person and I liked her on Survivor.

• Ben says:

I agree. Look, I’m an Obama fan and someone who would definitely vote Democrat until and unless something seriously changes in the Republican party. But to call Elisabeth unintelligent or horrible is just untrue. She is nice AND intelligent, and so are plenty of Republicans who take viewpoints that our left want to label as stupidity.

Plenty of people on both sides of the political spectrum are guilty of being intolerant bigots. I’m ashamed to say thatthis comments section seems to have brought out plenty of the ones of my side of the spectrum.

Anyway, if she leaves hopefully she will go on Survivor again! Although I doubt it.

• Billy says:

The only silver lining to this…if it is true…would be if she played again…but it would have to be a celebrity season since she would be a big target otherwise…if it was a celebrity season…bring her Lisa and once of the other celebrities that have played (jimmy Johnson/ Jeff Kent) to be on a respective tribe as a “leader” like they did last season with the injured players :-) it would be great of they did that

• Ruby says:

Liberal here, and completely agree.

11. Mike says:

That’s a shame if its just because of her political views, hopefully if she is leaving its on her own terms. Not that I agree with her on anything, but it s wrong to judge someone on their political views.

• Ruby says:

Not necessarily. If their political views cause me to lose freedoms (that Akin idiot comes to mind) then I will be judging away. But Hasselback isn’t affecting policy, she’s just stating her opinion.

12. Joe says:

Her conservative viewpoint doesn’t sit well with audiences? lol Bull crap. If anything, she’s not articulate enough in her viewpoints and they need more liberals. It’s 4 to 1 against her. People won’t watch The View unless all 5 are flaming liberals? Talk about intolerance.

Frankly, if she leaves, they should replace both her and Joy with solid right-wingers to balance the other 3. Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham should do. Some nice headline makers. And would give Whoopi and Barbara some balance to their left-wing soapbox.

Really, what fun is it anyway if everyone on a talkshow has the same view? No conflict? All political hot topics have all 5 hosts agreeing to their same liberal ideology?

Really, all the Hasselback hate exposes the left for their own bigotry and intolerance. Hope Elisabeth stays just to stick it to them. We’ll let her leave when they replace Joy with a conservative extremist who will actually refute the garbage spewed by Barbara and Whoopi. Gosh, some of the things Barbara has said unchecked on that show are ridiculous. Babs, Whoopi, Joy, and sometimes Sherri express such misinformed and biased, intolerant views and people call EH the hack? The View needs some balance or else it belongs where it’ll ultimately end up: the trash heap.

• Mike says:

Ann Coulter….ughhh, she is easily the worst representative of the Republican Party, she is a class A bigot, hire her and kill the View, which frankly would be a good thing.

• Ray Vieira says:

Ann Coulter…really! I agree with Mike 100%. It would be great hiring that “thing” which in turn would shut the Voice forever….I do not see any real content on that show. Going back to Ann Coulter, that isn’t a human being…She’s a worm with anorexia, that vomits poison, bigotry and crap! I’m sure she was abused when she was a kid, and I think she’s still is! She’s so sick she can stand looking at herself in the mirror….she will melt, ihihihihihihihihih…

• Rachel says:

I agree with most of what you said but I think that Ann Coulter would be a great choice to for a conservative viewpoint. Someone like Megan McCain would be excellent in my opinion because she has the ability to explain her viewpoints and give the reasoning behind them while Coulter just kind of says controversial things for the heck of it. I definitely think that having a more balanced panel will create great discussions.

• Ruby says:

I agree with you that there definitely shouldn’t be all liberals. I DISAGREE with you that a good replacement would be Ann Coulter though. She’s a caricature who spews hatred to piss people off for fun. They need someone who is level-headed and educated on the issues.

• Ruby says:

Also, you should take note that most of the people defending Hasselback here are liberal, so maybe the blanket statements could be dialed back a little, huh?

13. Deanne says:

I thought when Elisabeth and Rosie O’Donnell had their little fracus several yaers ago that she should have left the show. Elisabeth is a republican at a time and in a profession where that is equivalent to having leprosy. Joy Behar, Rosie O’Donnell and to an extent Whoopi have no tolerance for opinions opposite their own and their contempt for her shows. if Elisabeth walked out every time she disagreed with a guest as Whoopi and Joy did with Bill O’Reilly, she would likely never be there. The sad thing is that as she has progressed on this show her tone has become strident and she appears more high strung and nervous. i love Elisabeth but she needs to leave quickly before the pirhanas eat her alive.

14. Mary says:

Without Elizabeth the show is a bore. Because none of the other hosts agree with her, especially Joy and Whoopi, the drama that is created keeps it interesting. It’s a big mistake to lose that drama.

15. ES says:

Elizabeth reads from GOP talking points, she is a puppet. But maybe the show wants to get away from politics or extreme views anyway.

• Ana says:

Lol!!!! And Joy exemplifies political correctness and tolerance??? Lol!!!

• meem says:

At least Joy’s opinions are her own, formulated by her, and expressed in her own words. Elizabeth just gets her memo from Fox News every morning and starts parroting.

• Kathy says:

Yeah Right !!! Joy “never” voices the democratic talking point spouted by ALL the other liberal stations !! God forbid that we have ONE station that speaks the conversative views of the nation ! How evil is that ! Give me a break !! Get a job—pay your own way— leave us alone !!

• Ruby says:

You go from Elisabeth Hasselback to “get a job”? Way to invalidate what you’re trying to say.

• TV Gord says:

Not true. How is supporting gay marriage and other gay rights reading from GOP talking points. Thanks for yet another ill-informed opinion, though.

• ELLE Davidson says:

I am getting alot of feedback regarding Sheri, I added my last name since there is another Elle on this thread. However, sheri needs to goooooooo!

• ELLE Davidson says:

Please notice i added my last name to stop the confusion, there is another Elle that is NOT me.

16. Mika says:

Ok, the source is US Weekly. Enough said.

17. Ana says:

Elizabeth and Sherri are the only two things worthwhile about The View. Joy and Whoopi make it unwatcheable for me.

• Sherri? Really? The idiot who didn’t know the Earth was round is worthwhile? Riiiiight.

• Ana says:

Exactly! She’s entertaining in a completely clueless sort of way. She doesn’t have the dagger in her eyes that Whoopi and Joy have. I mean, let’s be real, who watches this show to be educated or enlightened? This is about entertainment.

• Ruby says:

So because she was uneducated it completely invalidates her as a human being? Wow.

• TV Gord says:

She made one mistake on her first week on the job, and some of you will never let her forget it. I’m sure you’ve never said anything stupid before. It happens. It doesn’t negate everything else she has contributed to the show. Talk about narrow minded.

• ELLE Davidson says:

Thank you for your response. However i noticed there is another Elle on this thread and i did not say Sherri said the world is flat? Her contributions to the show…what, her wigs, upper very large breasts, her stupid ignorant comments. I have considered not watching the view, i stated i will have to see who Joy is replaced by. Sherri adds nothing to the view.

• Tammy says:

For me, Whoopi is the only reason to watch the show. It use to be Meredith!

18. Sara says:

I don’t get how this bimbo got this gig in the first place…All she has done is Survivor…She needs to climb back in the hole she climbed out of..

19. “because her politically conservative viewpoint doesn’t sit well with audiences.”

Seriously? Why have people with different opinions when you can just have a bunch of shrieking hens clucking the same opinion at each and agreeing all the time. Healthy debate? HA!

20. Ms Big says:

Go, Elzabeth. Go away!

21. Tammy says:

Elisabeth gets on my nerves when it’s obvious she is just repeating what she has heard on FOX News. It’s almost verbatim. Plus there are times when she just throws some comment out that doesn’t even fit with the discussion. BUT every time the get a conservative fill in for Elisabeth………. they are much worse. Personally I would rather keep Elisabeth than to think of the alternatives.

I do think it’s smart to have an alternative point of view. At least Elisabeth thinks the world is round, she is not against gay marriage, and she wasn’t a fan of some of the anti-woman legislation that was going around this year. She actually likes Obama and Michelle as people. She isn’t as rude to some of the liberal guest as Joy and Whoopie have been to some of the conservative guest on the show.

I do get mad at her at times. I think she spews out comments that she has not researched or maybe even understands because it’s the Republican talking point of the week. But who else is going to talk about The Bachelor, DWTS, and all the other silly things Elisabeth brings to the table. That can’t all be Sherri Shepherd.

22. Tammy says:

BTW…… I want Ali Wentworth to replace Joy! I have posted this on The View’s web page as well. I think she would be an excellent replacement. She’s smart, she’s funny, and she has an insight to politics that most don’t.

23. Terri says:

I appreciate diverse opinions, and I like Elisabeth! And I just might watch The View now that Joy is leaving! Can’t stand her snarky attitude!

• Ashley says:

Agreed! Joy comes off extremely rude, overbearing, and intolerant much of the time. I like Elisabeth and would actually be upset to see her go.

24. patrick says:

you all do realize it doesn’t matter which side of the politic fence your on…. you’re wrong. no one on either side gives a damn about any of us. dems/repubs same difference and if you think youre better off now than when you were before bush took office and when obama took office.. you’re the ignorant one. bush was a joke and obama is no different, he’s just more charismatic and has a lot of celebrity friends.

25. lefty says:

I’m a liberal and DON’T want to see Elisabeth leave. She’s a decent, smart woman whose views I don’t agree with. I know Joy is leaving and I’ll miss her but if they want to let someone go, please get rid of Sherrie. She’s too dumb for words.

26. Dawn says:

Having a conservative voice isn’t the problem. Expressing those views in an unintelligent and shrill manner is. Reading Republican talking points off of a list is not helpful to the debate. They need to replace her with someone of intellect and composure who can express the “other side” with a modicum of smarts and poise.

• Kjess says:

You’re right. She also lost her sense of humor a few years ago. She never seems happy, and she’s constantly offended by things she thinks she should be offended by, because Fox News told her so. I would love if they would replace her with someone like Megan McCain, someone who is down to earth and funny, but still provides an opposing point of view to the rest of the ladies.

27. cjeffery7 says:

she’s been on the show for ten years. if the audience had a problem with her conservative perspective she’d had been gone LONG AGO. i’m not really interested in arguing about her motivation to leave, whether it’s true or not, but i might just chalk this and Joy Behar’s leaving up to the format being old and stale.

28. elle says:

I wouldn’t count on this being true. She’s been a conservative the entire time she’s been on the show, so nothing has changed. It’s just another silly tabloid rumor.

29. Scott Brecht says:

Makes sense that the the audience doesn’t like her….all of the conservatives are work while the show is on.

30. TV Gord says:

I love any story about Elisabeth Hasselbeck because it always illustrates so clearly how neither side of the political spectrum can lay claim to the word, “tolerance”. ;-)

31. Patty says:

Elizabeth should be given credit. She bravely faces all the other hosts who have an opposing opinion, yet represents 50% of our nation which is conservative. I never watch the show because of that lack of balance, but Elizabeth handles opposition and attacks with a great amount of grace. For those of you with differing opinions, your vicious attacks on her show your true nature.

32. Missy says:

Hasselbeck has always had to fight to get a word in edgewise…..like the 11 year old at the grown ups table. I feel sorry for her half the time. Joy and Whoopee talking over her. I just always felt sorry for her. And yes, we need at least one semi- conservative voice on that panel anyway. Sherri, I can honestly say is the coolest, most easy going on the panel that I can stand. Barbara…..geeesh, please just retire now. Thanks.

33. Michele says:

Thank God this loud mouth ,pushy, rude woman will be gone.Now she can go preach about how great she is and better then everyone else somewhere else.

• TV Gord says:

Except that–f you actually read the story–she’s not leaving. Say what you will about Elisabeth, at least she knows what she’s talking about before she comments on a story. ;-)

34. N says:

Just read EH was fired!

35. Al Z says:

See you on Fox News in a few months

36. JBC says:

Can anyone tell me who the Original co hosts of The View were when it started?

37. Brat says:

Say what you want, she’s got great legs – I’ll miss them.

38. pd says:

I stopped watching this show because of Hasselbeck’s shrill, window shattering, vociferousness, plus Sherrie’s ignorance and thinly disguised racism. I dont care that Hasselbeck is a Republican, I care that she gives Republicans a bad name. She can’t debate without sounding like a shrieking fishwife.

39. Zack says:

A huge THANK GOD!!!!

40. brooke says:

I think its funny that EH is being pigeonholed as the conservative one when she was originally brought on to represent the 20s generation. All the ladies have aged. I am not my 20s anymore either but I would be interested in a younger POV on the panel again.

• Bob says:

Yes, but EH represented younger, VERY CONSERVATIVE people, which doesn’t amount to much of an audience grabber these days. But I agree that they need some youth on the stage (Babs is 83, Behar is 70, Whoopi is 57, Sheppard is 45 and Hasselbeck is 35).

41. Bob says:

The answer is ‘No’ according to Babs this morning. It’s a false rumor.

42. ELLE says:

Why is everyone so mean on this blog? Joy is a refreshing very funny host, Whoopi is a voice of reason, Elizabeth is raw and needs to learn to work well with others, we all should not have her view shoved down our throats. However, does anybody out there notice how ignorant Sherri is? I would love to see her go, i enjoy intellegent conversation and opinions. Barbara, I grew up watching you but it is time to enjoy some downtime and retire. You are truly an inspiration but please take Sherri OFF. I will have to see who replaces Joy because that will be my deciding factor for me if I continue to watch The View! Bye Joy, you will be missed by many.

43. eugene summers says:

I have grown to like ” the talk “. I feel that the view is much to hard and comfusing. I believe that whoopie, just like elisabeth is just as pushy. I also feel that she can be a bit domineering. Granted i have a hard time dealing with elizabeth closed minedness, but she is honest. I am neither libral or conservative. There are times when i agree with both of them, and other times when i do not. The reason i like the view is because they make me laugh, even when they are being real. People stop hating a person because you do not agree with them…..