Disney XD Sets Premieres for Marvel-ous New Avengers and Hulk Animated Series

PAsdar_DuskhuSummertime is smashing time, Marvel comics fans.

Disney XD has announced premiere dates for its two new animated series: Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, which follows the adventures of Iron Man, Thor et al, and Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., which features Big Green and his buddies — and no Ellis!

Avengers Assemble will sneak preview Sunday, May 26, and then officially premiere on Sunday, July 7. Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. makes its series debut on Sunday, August 11. (All times are 11 am EST).

Check out the cast lists and official posters below:

Avengers Assemble follows Iron Man & Co. as they train and live together in their new HQ, Avengers Tower, battling baddies such as Dr. Doom, Attuma and the Atlantean Army and Dracula. The voice cast includes Adrian Pasdar (Heroes) as Iron Man, Fred Tatasciore (Ultimate Spider-Man) reprising his role as Hulk, Roger Craig Smith (Wreck-It Ralph) as Captain America, Travis Willingham (Shelf Life) as Thor, Troy Baker (Ultimate Spider-Man) as Hawkeye, Laura Bailey (Super Hero Squad) as Black Widow and Bumper Robinson (The Game) as Falcon.

KEY ART

The Hulk series, meanwhile, finds Big Green and friends living under one (vaulted?) roof, working together to tackle threats that are too enormous for other heroes to handle. Tatasciore again voices Hulk, joined by Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse) as She-Hulk, Clancy Brown (The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes) as Red Hulk, Ben Diskin as Skaar and Seth Green (Robot Chicken) as A-Bomb.

KEY ART

Comments (15)

• Seeing Adrian Pasdar in that promotion shot just makes me miss Heroes. (Season 1).

Comment by D'Arcy – March 8, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nashville makes me miss Heroes. Hawaii Five-O makes me miss Heroes…it’s a shame what happened to that show.

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 8, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NBC would love some Heroes sized ratings (at least the first few seasons) right about now.

Comment by Sg. Grant – March 8, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I knowwwwwwwww :(

Comment by Danielle H. – March 8, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember Tiny Toons, and how at the end of each episode a character would come out of a hole and say something witty? I remember an episode in which Buster said that the secret to great animation is shading (or words of that effect). The problem with the art used in these Avengers toons is that the shading is very minimal or non existent. The character design works slightly better than in the previous toon, but the shading is lacking.

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 8, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hulk as part of a team is the most idiotic idea ever conceived. What happened to “leave Hulk alone or Hulk smash!”?

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 8, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely excited for Avengers Assemble (even though I miss Avengers:EMH!). Not the biggest Hulk fan, but Eliza as She-Hulk should be fun!

Comment by Michelle – March 8, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know it’s only voice work, but does Adrian Pasdar’s involvement mean bad things for The Lying Game?

Comment by samantha schoenfeld (@samschoenfeld) – March 8, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ellis would make an awesome villain though. I’d like to see him get smashed.

Comment by dude – March 8, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so are the two shows in the same continuity due to fred tatasciore voicing hulk in both? same question about ultimate spiderman due to troy baker voicing hawkeye again?
    while i love hawkeye and can never get enough of him i just cant find myself interested in these latest marvel shows, they just dont live up to the excellence that was spectacular spiderman and i just cant muster an interest in them.

Comment by Alan – March 8, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I THINK that Assemble will now be in continuity with Ultimate, but I don’t recall.

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 8, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • thank you. isnt assemble supposed to be a sequel to earths mightiest heroes? does that mean that they are now welding all this onto the chirs yost universe, this is way more complicated than it needs to be already if thats the case

Comment by Alan – March 8, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I THINK it might be a sequel, not sure. I think it starts with Falcon joining the team. He is supposed to be a POV character for the audience. I’m not clear on how connected or how disconnected this will be to EMH. I just hope they completely redo the Hulk. A Hulk who makes puns, jokes, and deals with Banner is a boring Hulk. Hulk is supposed to be a raging engine of destruction that can’t be reasoning with.

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 8, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seth Green and Eliza Dushku on the same show. Keep your Heroes, I’ll take BtVS.

Ok, I lied, I liked Heroes too ;)

Comment by Reminisce – March 10, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post