Schedule Shake-Up: CBS Moves Vegas to Fridays, Keeps Tuesdays Golden

Vegas Golden BoyCBS is moving Vegas farther out in the desert and giving Golden Boy room to shine.

The network Friday announced it would keep the Theo James-led cop drama on Tuesday nights — in the 10/9c slot previously belonging to Vegas — instead of moving it to Fridays at 9 as planned.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

That means Vegas will air at 9 on Fridays beginning April 5, after the culmination of the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament. Meanwhile, a new Golden Boy episode will air this Friday as scheduled, following Undercover Boss.

Golden Boy nabbed 10.5 million total viewers and a 1.8 rating with its premiere, then dipped to 9.3 mil/1.6 in Week 2. Vegas‘ most recent outing, by comparison, drew 9.7 mil/1.5 — so CBS obviously eyes a slight demo advantage with the new kid.

1. S. Silverman says:

Vegas is the best show on tv. Put it back on Tuesday nights but PLEASE don’t cancel it!!!! i would watch it on any night.

2. Penni says:

I love Golden Boy. I dvr everything I watch because of my schedule. I want to see how the 7 years move forward. I love watching the relationship with his sister. It’s not just a cop movie. It shows great depth in all the intertwined lives & decisions people face to choose self or selflessness

3. Kathleen Rouse says:

Wow. If Vegas, which is a wonderful show, gets cancelled, I think I will give up on CBS. I used to like a lot of CBS shows but I can see now that they are watering down their line up. They are trying to look like NBC in the early to mid 90s. Hello, you are not NBC of the 90s nor do you want to be. You are CBS. Please continue to show great drama like Vegas, Blue Bloods, NCIS (with cast intact), and Elementary. I’m even starting to get into Person of Interest. But oh, how good Big Bang Theory used to be – now it’s like every other Chuck Lorre production – a descent into bawdy humor and alcoholism of the main character. Vegas is the one of the few shows keeping it classy. Don’t give up on it.

4. Angie says:

My husband and I love Vegas!! CBS please do not cancel this show!! It is not all about high ratings. It is a quality show with great story line. Sick of reality TV!! Please leave it on Friday nights. 9pm is great time slot for it. There is nothing else on to watch!! This is a great show!!

5. James Dunn says:

CRIMINAL MINDS MET YOUR MOTHER TWO BROKE GIRLS THEY SHOULD BE CANCELLED NOT VEGAS AND GOLDEN BOY! WAKE UP CBS YOUR GOING TO LOSE ALOT OF VIEWERS

6. Dee47 says:

Please don’t cancel Vegas! It is an amazing show! It’s as though its a mini-movie! Smart writing, smart characters & Dennis Quaid! What more could you ask for?? Give it another season CBS! PLEASE! I guarantee ther 40-50 age group LOVES this show!

7. Kitkat Walton says:

Don’t cancel vegas, the golden boy, or smash! Come on give them a chance!

8. anna says:

I am so disappointed that cbs cancelled both golden boy and VEGAS. Quaid and Chiklais are top notch and this show is like no other. I am so SICK of reality shows. Do these execs even care ? How was this decision made? I’m fuming

9. Bruce Bonczyk says:

I can’t believe Vegas has been canceled. While it may not be a perfect representation of history it is a show based on the reality of our history and I love it!

10. I am extremely upset because Vegas and the Golden Boy have been taken off the air. I don’t care what CBS says they are taking 2 really good shows off. Why don’t you take some of the stupid shown off and leave these two alone. What has gotten into you CBS and I don’t know who make this decision, but you make a very bad call. So bad that I am thinking of watching either NBC or ABC. CBS has lost its mind. Sorry, but that is the way I see it.

11. Hi mates, how is everything, and what you wish for to say on the topic of this article, in my view its actually amazing for me.