Pilot News: Harold Perrineau Joins NBC Family

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Family Guide SpoilersHarold Perrineau has landed a co-starring role in the NBC comedy pilot Family Guide.

From Bent‘s DJ Nash, the single-camera sitcom centers on Henry, a son (played by Eli Baker) who idolizes his blind father (JK Simmons) and enjoys his mom’s (Parker Posey) newfound adolescence after his parents split. Ultimately, however, the trio grows closer post-divorce.

RELATED | Pilots 2013: Your Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s Starring In Them

Perrineau — who most recently recurred on Sons of Anarchy — will play an apartment manager who befriends Henry, our sister site Deadline reports.

Jason Bateman (Arrested Development) and Jim Garavente (Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium) will also exec-produce the project, with Friends vet David Schwimmer directing.

Comments (14)

• I’ll always remember that scene from LOST when Michael says WALT! WALT!

Comment by Tran – March 7, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heh. That was certainly a memorable one.

Comment by Eric – March 7, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually, his most recent show was Wedding Band with Brian Austin Green on TBS. It’s too bad the show was canceled. It was quite clever.

Comment by BSR – March 7, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping this one gets picked up. I’m actually quite excited to see it.

Comment by Eric – March 7, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought NBC’s schedule was going to be “The Voice” every night besides Sundays when they show football.

Comment by David4 – March 7, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WAAAAAALLLLLLLT

Comment by Billy Bob – March 7, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this show is DOA now. He was good on Sons of Anarchy though, I liked it best when they finally shot him to death lol. He just seems to kill pilots in their tracks though.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – March 7, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How wrong are you? Ever heard of OZ? Or Lost by any chance? Both ran for 6 years. That’s 12 years of TV shows on air. Get a clue.

Comment by Jax – March 7, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes I’ve seen both, and he was annoying as hell on Lost. So much so they magically disappeared him from the island and only had him return so they could kill him off. He was not a major player on that show after a couple of seasons because fans hated his character. He has been involved in a few pilots since then, none of them made it. I don’t expect a person living so far in the past to know that though. It’s 2013 not 2003 idiot.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – March 8, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rats, I was hoping it would be a family drama called the Waaaaaltons!

Comment by chris – March 8, 2013 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the tragedy here is that Parker Posey is doing a single camera sit-com. I wonder if Harry’s name will be Kevin Johnson. Nice to meet you.

Comment by Blind Jasper – March 8, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe he won’t get killed on this show lol

Comment by Michael Lee Kirk – March 8, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d prefer it if Wedding Band came back, I love him in that. Parker Posey and JK Simmons as a couple, even one that’s split up, just won’t compute in my brain. I’m not sure about this show at all.

Comment by Rain – March 8, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • most recent was Wedding Band. But whatevs.

Comment by samirose – March 8, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post