Exclusive

Idol Exclusive: First Look at the Season 12 Stage!

To paraphrase a great Sheryl Crow song (one which Season 12 front-runner Kree Harrison might want to consider covering) American Idol is leaving Las Vegas — and headed back to its usual set on the CBS Studios lot in Los Angeles for tonight’s Top 20 results telecast.

RELATED | American Idol Recap: See Me Running Through That Open Door?

And while this season’s Idol stage doesn’t represent a radical overhaul from the one where Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez, Joshua Ledet and their compadres did battle last year, sharp-eyed Idoloonies will notice a few tweaks to the color scheme and backdrop in the two photos below. All that’s missing from the “judges’ eye view” shot are those signature Coca-Cola cups and the ghost of Paula Abdul’s seal clap!

RELATED | American Idol Recap: Women on the Verge of a Righteous Breakthrough

Check out the pics, share your thoughts on the Season 12 stage, and then throw down your predictions how America’s vote will go!

american-idol-season-12-stage

american idol season 12 set

1. The theatre is so much smaller than it appeals on TV. Kudos to the camera people.

• JudyVee says:

Michael – how about telling us what is going on with Joshua Ledet. His “Broken Man” was AMAZING….but no tour dates? I can’t find any info!!! Heeeelllppp!

• deedee says:

I was just thinking that looking at the pics. The Price is Right is also taped at CBS, and I remember the theater being tiny compared to what I was used to seeing on TV.

2. Brandon says:

I was sort of hoping for something a LITTLE different, but I supposed some consistency is good for the show. The audience seems so small and detached though. Maybe a metaphor for this season’s viewing audience?

I’d be lying if the sight of this stage didn’t get me a little excited though. Bring it on!

3. lemon says:

Anyone care to start predicting? Mine…..

Women:

Paul
    Devin
    Cortez
    Lazaro

Possible wild card: Curtis

4. Timmah says:

I don’t recall it looking so fashion runway-ish before.

5. Top 5 Women:

My predictions:

Women:
    Kree
    Candice
    Angela
    Janelle
    Aubrey (should be Amber or Beanna)

Wild Card: Amber

For the record, I don’t think Janelle or Aubrey deserve to go on. It should be Breanna.

Men:
    Burnell
    Lazaro
    Devin
    Paul
    Nick

Wild Card: Curtis (outside chance of Vincent)

8. Timmah says:

No liveblogging tonight? I want to see America’s awful choices as they happen!

9. Davey says:

This show is fixed.

10. Davey says:

Janelle is out of a beauty pageant. She Miss Generic Country Singer..

11. HTGRWHOM says:

Girls were as expected and close to as desired here other than Nigel’s Janelle making it over Breanna or Aubrey and, sadly, once Nigel got Candice and Janelle and Angie in you knew there was zero chance for wild card. I think he was worried about Janelle but she made it and that was that.
    We really could dump two of the guys and slot in Breanna and Aubrey but Nigel decided to cut yet even faster. 40 to 24 to 13 was fast enough but 40 to 20 to 10 is just stupid. Why does he copy the worst of The Voice and the XFactor?

12. HTGRWHOM says:

hmm apparently there is some sort of weird wild card next week, but perhaps only to go on tour and not on the show?? and it’s guy vs girl????

13. Leah Hoffman says:

I think all of the right choices were made tonight, except for Janelle. I’d rather have Breanna in her place.