Pilot News: Gossip Girl's Jessica Szohr, 90210′s Matt Lanter Among Latest Castings

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Any Means PossibleGossip Girl alum Jessica Szohr, 90210 vet Matt Lanter, a former Private Practice caregiver and a onetime Las Vegas resident are among the latest actors to book pilots, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Your Complete 2013 Pilot Season Guide: Get the Scoop on All of Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

First up, Szohr will star opposite Michael Peña in Fox’s The List, playing a fearless FBI agent in the potential series about what happens when members of the Federal Witness Security Program start getting killed.

In The CW’s Oxygen, Lanter — whose 90210 gig will end when the series signs off this May — will play alien boy Roman, one of nine extraterrestrials integrated into a suburban high school, who falls in love with a human girl (Aimee Teegarden).

In other pilot casting news via Deadline

• Neal Bledsoe (Smash) has been cast in NBC’s update of Ironside, starring Blair Underwood.

• Welcome to the Family, Justina Machado! The Private Practice and Six Feet Under actress will co-star in the NBC comedy chronicling how cultures collide when white parents (played by Mike O’Malley, Mary McCormack) and Latino parents (Machado and Ricardo Chavira) are bonded after their children fall in love and have an unplanned pregnancy.

• Las Vegas vet Camille Gauty, who recently appeared on The Vampire Diaries, will romance Rob Corddry in the ABC comedy Spy.

Comments (21)

• I’m sorry Matt Lanter, but there’s only so old you can get and still believably play a high school student.

Comment by Sam – March 6, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s also meant to be playing an alien. Do you expect any realism here?

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – March 6, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This! My first thought reading this. He looked too old for high school four years ago.

Comment by dude – March 6, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not even that. Lanter is not really a good actor. And, does someone really see chemistry between him and Aimee?

Comment by OWL – March 6, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, we’re all clear that Oxygen seems like a clear Roswell remake, right? Is there something deeper that I’m missing?

Comment by Daisy – March 6, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oxygen sounds like such a ripoff of Roswell. Seriously Matt Lanter playing a high school student again… What was he held back from graduating for 10 years? Why not change the premise to have 9 aliens integrated into a university, a city, anywhere but a high school full of soon to be 30 year olds.

Comment by Talia – March 6, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Jessica Szohr, but have a hard time picturing her as an FBI agent.

Comment by Jase – March 6, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really like Matt Lanter for this role. The CW usually casts good actors…but yeah..I want a fresh face…

Comment by Prue – March 6, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only watching Oxygen so that I can count all of the similarities to Roswell

Comment by Lalalala – March 6, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m at least grateful that Matt Lanter (and hopefully more actors and cast/crew members) from 90210 could get a pilot such last minute seeing as how drastically Pedowitz canceled 90210.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – March 6, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The writing was on the wall all season. This wasn’t a huge surprise to anybody. They still could have gone for pilots and been cast in “second position”

Comment by dude – March 6, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oxygen?? That show already happened. It was called Roswell, and it was awesome.

Comment by Brandon – March 6, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does The CW think that a new generation of teens will not remember that “Oxygen” already happened a decade back, called “Roswell”!? What a lame attempt to bring on a ‘new’ show. And yeah, Matt Lanter should be too old to play a high school student.

Comment by Daniela – March 6, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont see Matt Lanter as a high school student so hopefully the CW can change up the integration into a high school into something more like a small town..or major city. Either way if Oxygen gets picked up ill be watching. Huge fan of Matt’s since his early 90210 days. Now if only Annalynne McCord could get cast in that Amazon pilot!

Comment by Jade – March 6, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, I love Jessica Szohr, but WitSec is run by the federal marshal’s, how to the explain the FBI’s involvement except for if the case is linked to the FBI. It sounds to far fetched to me

Comment by Alicia L. – March 6, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They really decided to choose a horrible picture of Jessica Szohr didn’t they? I mean, what is that?

Comment by Fabe – March 6, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Lanter is nice to look at but he can’t act and he certainly shouldn’t be playing a high-schooler! However, I am glad to see that Grey Damon (The Secret Circle, True Blood) has been cast.

Comment by Beth Ann – March 6, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica Szohr as a fearless fbi agent?! Uh no, totally won’t be able to buy that, in fact I can’t really buy her as an actress either

Comment by sara – March 6, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are wrong prove it

Comment by Ed – April 11, 2013 03:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like matt cor that show. I love roswell. If the would only get shiri and jason in it. It would be completely roswell 2.0 wbich i would love. I like matt on 90210. like grey and aimee in friday night lights. So i will watch for sure.

Comment by Maruschka – March 6, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see Jessica in another tv show! I really love her! But I’d love to see The Secret Circle season 2!!! it’d be amazing if all of them come back with the season 2! Shelley, Phoebe and others. I’d be really happy!

Comment by Ianhy – March 15, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post