Pilot News: Gossip Girl's Jessica Szohr, 90210's Matt Lanter Among Latest Castings

Any Means PossibleGossip Girl alum Jessica Szohr, 90210 vet Matt Lanter, a former Private Practice caregiver and a onetime Las Vegas resident are among the latest actors to book pilots, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Your Complete 2013 Pilot Season Guide: Get the Scoop on All of Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

First up, Szohr will star opposite Michael Peña in Fox’s The List, playing a fearless FBI agent in the potential series about what happens when members of the Federal Witness Security Program start getting killed.

In The CW’s Oxygen, Lanter — whose 90210 gig will end when the series signs off this May — will play alien boy Roman, one of nine extraterrestrials integrated into a suburban high school, who falls in love with a human girl (Aimee Teegarden).

In other pilot casting news via Deadline

• Neal Bledsoe (Smash) has been cast in NBC’s update of Ironside, starring Blair Underwood.

• Welcome to the Family, Justina Machado! The Private Practice and Six Feet Under actress will co-star in the NBC comedy chronicling how cultures collide when white parents (played by Mike O’Malley, Mary McCormack) and Latino parents (Machado and Ricardo Chavira) are bonded after their children fall in love and have an unplanned pregnancy.

• Las Vegas vet Camille Gauty, who recently appeared on The Vampire Diaries, will romance Rob Corddry in the ABC comedy Spy.

1. Sam says:

I’m sorry Matt Lanter, but there’s only so old you can get and still believably play a high school student.

2. Daisy says:

So, we’re all clear that Oxygen seems like a clear Roswell remake, right? Is there something deeper that I’m missing?

3. Talia says:

Oxygen sounds like such a ripoff of Roswell. Seriously Matt Lanter playing a high school student again… What was he held back from graduating for 10 years? Why not change the premise to have 9 aliens integrated into a university, a city, anywhere but a high school full of soon to be 30 year olds.

4. Jase says:

I like Jessica Szohr, but have a hard time picturing her as an FBI agent.

5. Prue says:

I don’t really like Matt Lanter for this role. The CW usually casts good actors…but yeah..I want a fresh face…

6. Lalalala says:

Only watching Oxygen so that I can count all of the similarities to Roswell

7. I’m at least grateful that Matt Lanter (and hopefully more actors and cast/crew members) from 90210 could get a pilot such last minute seeing as how drastically Pedowitz canceled 90210.

• dude says:

The writing was on the wall all season. This wasn’t a huge surprise to anybody. They still could have gone for pilots and been cast in “second position”

8. Brandon says:

Oxygen?? That show already happened. It was called Roswell, and it was awesome.

9. Daniela says:

Does The CW think that a new generation of teens will not remember that “Oxygen” already happened a decade back, called “Roswell”!? What a lame attempt to bring on a ‘new’ show. And yeah, Matt Lanter should be too old to play a high school student.

10. Jade says:

I dont see Matt Lanter as a high school student so hopefully the CW can change up the integration into a high school into something more like a small town..or major city. Either way if Oxygen gets picked up ill be watching. Huge fan of Matt’s since his early 90210 days. Now if only Annalynne McCord could get cast in that Amazon pilot!

11. Alicia L. says:

Seriously, I love Jessica Szohr, but WitSec is run by the federal marshal’s, how to the explain the FBI’s involvement except for if the case is linked to the FBI. It sounds to far fetched to me

12. Fabe says:

They really decided to choose a horrible picture of Jessica Szohr didn’t they? I mean, what is that?

13. Beth Ann says:

Matt Lanter is nice to look at but he can’t act and he certainly shouldn’t be playing a high-schooler! However, I am glad to see that Grey Damon (The Secret Circle, True Blood) has been cast.

14. sara says:

Jessica Szohr as a fearless fbi agent?! Uh no, totally won’t be able to buy that, in fact I can’t really buy her as an actress either

15. Maruschka says:

I like matt cor that show. I love roswell. If the would only get shiri and jason in it. It would be completely roswell 2.0 wbich i would love. I like matt on 90210. like grey and aimee in friday night lights. So i will watch for sure.

16. Ianhy says:

I’d like to see Jessica in another tv show! I really love her! But I’d love to see The Secret Circle season 2!!! it’d be amazing if all of them come back with the season 2! Shelley, Phoebe and others. I’d be really happy!