Exclusive Revenge First Look: Jack (Finally) Uncovers One of Emily's Deep, Dark Secrets!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Revenge Season 2 SpoilersRevenge resumes its sophomore run this Sunday (ABC, 9/8c) with its first installment since Amanda’s tragic demise — and we’ve got your exclusive first look at the emotional (and pret-ty angry) state that the hour finds her widower in.

RELATED | Revenge Exclusive: Finale to Be [Spoiler]-centric! Plus: A First Look at Emily and Jack In Mourning

Gone is the mild-mannered Jack Porter of yesteryear. In his place stands a vengeance-seeker not unlike his real childhood love, Miss Emily Thorne. His current demeanor, however, stems from more than just the fact that his wife was recently killed; rather, he’s learned via some of her long-lost journal entries that Amanda and Emily were much closer than they’d ever led him to believe.

Watch Jack unload his frustrations on Emily in the sneak peek below, then hit the comments: Are you happy he’s finally kinda sorta in the loop?

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (55)

• omfg. thank god.

Comment by megan – March 6, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh. My. Gosh.

Comment by iMember – March 6, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can already see Nick Wechsler being next week’s Performer of the Week. There’s another sneak peek of him breaking down, and it’s heart breaking.

Comment by iMember – March 6, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have to give credit to Nick’s acting, his expressions, body language, and tone is flawless!!!!! He nails the Jack Porter character, from the emotional, the anger, the sweet guy, the depressed guy. Nick’s acting ability to the different sides of Jack is excellent!!!

Comment by nosey – June 15, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually… until Jack figures out Emily is HIS Emily, I’m going to continue to be annoyed and wonder how much longer I can stick around.

Comment by sara – March 6, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This certainly brings him one step closer to that point.

Comment by iMember – March 6, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Jack figures out Amanda is really Emily is that going to be a good thing? I can’t see him ever getting past the fact that she has lied to him about EVERYTHING – and her Revenge plot being the reason why faux Emily was killed. I understand that she has to do all this to get her revenge on the people that killed her father but I just don’t see the truth coming out as something that brings the two together as a ‘happily ever after’ couple.

Comment by Kristoffer – March 7, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jack learning Emily is really Amanda and that his wife died because of Emily’s revenge plot would be a great storyline. With Jack hating Emily and him plotting against her, that will bring more drama.

Comment by bigdede – March 8, 2013 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agree, I think Jack against Fauxmily will be a great plot. Him working both for her and against her would make their relationship even more tense and interesting to watch.

Comment by nosey – June 15, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THIS! I don’t see a HEA in the future for these two ever. Only bad writing would make it happen. And if I remember correctly one of Emily’s first quote was something about this not being a story about forgiveness.

Comment by Deme – March 8, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How is her revenge plot the reason for Amanda’s death exactly, though?

Comment by RonZ – March 8, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Had she not put this entire revenge plot into play Amanda would never have been put in the situation that killed her. I get that she didn’t mean for things to happen this way and that the whole boat incident was not part of her ‘plan’. Actually she didn’t plan her to show up at all – but if the truth came out I am pretty sure Jack would blame Emily/Amanda for her death no less.

Comment by Kristoffer – March 11, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angry Jack = Hot Jack!

Comment by chuckles – March 6, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hell yes, Nick Wechsler is just all kinds of gorgeous.

Comment by GuyAwks – March 31, 2013 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, snap! Revenge is coming back with a vengeance ya’ll!

Comment by Brandy – March 6, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember an article in last year’s EW about Revenge. The guy who writes the show (his name is failing me right now) had said that if/when Jack and Emily are a couple he will know everything about her. Maybe it’s coming bit by bit now.

Comment by megan – March 6, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i’m waiting for that to happen….I hope they’ll end up together

Comment by me – March 7, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe I’d care more if the Porters weren’t too dumb to live.

Comment by henninggirl – March 6, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMFAO!!
      Tbh, I don’t hate Jack, he’s just really boring sometimes and part of that is because he’s so clueless and they’re always keeping things from him.
      Declan, on the other hand, can fall off a cliff for all I care. The actor who plays him really sucks and the character is just annoying in general. I wish it was him rather than Amanda that died because I was really enjoying her this season with her kickass self.

Comment by A – March 6, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still wish Declan had died.

Comment by Mike – March 6, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Literally the first time I have liked Jack on the entire show, up to this point its been hard to respect him as a man.

Comment by Jason – March 6, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, because guys who step up and take care of the women they impregnated, guys who take the fall to protect family members…it’s very hard to respect them.

Comment by Michael – March 7, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t get all the hate towards Jack either. While I can understand the fustration of him not knowing about the deep dark secrets of other characters, I still want to see him on the show for the long run. This preview also shows another reason for admiring the one stand up guy left on Revenge, that he can be upset with a woman and not lose complete control by shoving them around. My love and admiration for Jack was cemented when he broke down after Sammy died. I will continue to be patient and wait for him to find out the truth about Amanda

Comment by DEE – March 7, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Bag Lady Boutique.

Comment by bagladyboutique – March 6, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still would have preferred if Jack died over FauxManda.

Comment by Sara – March 6, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS.

Comment by ABC – March 6, 2013 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!

Comment by marin – March 7, 2013 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WORD!

Comment by JKR – March 7, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s right!

Comment by Mary – March 7, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not sure how killing Jack over Fauxmanda would advance the story. I personally did not want any of them to be killed, (was hoping it would just be Nate, but knew people would not go to Nate’s funeral, so I figured Fauxmanda would be the one who was killed). Fauxmanda already knew the truth, so essentially another person who knows the truth is killed. Given Jack the opportunity to know the truth leads to better story line. Also leaving 1/2 the the “evil” twin as opposed to both leads to better story, b/c Fauxmily is now pretty in a bad situation b/c Jack is getting closer to the truth.

Comment by nosey – June 15, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t freaking wait, this is AWESOME!!!!!

Comment by g.g72 – March 6, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good lord…..Jack is going to go completely apesh*t when he finally learns the entire truth.

Comment by Alichat – March 6, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. Haven’t you heard. He’s going to join her in her revenge against the Grayson, between caring for baby Carl while recreating events from that fateful summer in the Hamptons when they frolicked on the beach. Awww….true love wins out. *insert sarcasm*

Comment by Deme – March 8, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What’s wrong with true love? It sure beats out whatever the hell Emily has with Daniel (where he violently shoves her and then tries to buy her love). At least what Emily has with Jack is pure and not a con.

Comment by GuyAwks – March 31, 2013 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised ABC is releasing promotional clips since they’re trying so hard to kill this show with bad scheduling.

Comment by James – March 6, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LAWD A MERCY!!

Comment by Kay – March 6, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loving this!! I really hope he figures out the whole truth fast!!
    I LOVE JACK… if they had killed him, I would have legit stopped watching!!

Comment by Jj – March 6, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jack too and don’t get all the hate. Ugh. He’s awesome. It’s Daniel that I can’t stand. All I need are Nolan and Jack.

Comment by Radha – March 6, 2013 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes thank you! I agree cant stand Daniel they should write him off the show.

Comment by cocochanel – March 7, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi Jack nice to see finally see this side of you. Welcome….

Comment by Amelia – March 6, 2013 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ahhhh! can’t wait. wasn’t a Jack fan before but maybe now…

Comment by Elyse – March 7, 2013 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this!!

Comment by scorpionglow – March 7, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Daniel is a moron so go ahead and keep him that way, but Jack should be street smart and know something is up! Hooty Hoo…

Comment by Whateva – March 7, 2013 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who cares about jack? dark jack or good heart jack still boring, can’t stand him. i preferred him died over fauxmanda

Comment by cassie – March 7, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jack…moral compass on this show!

Comment by Sharie – March 7, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • finally he is finding out love you jack dnt care what they haters say .

Comment by Luvi – March 7, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow can’t wait, love that jack is finally found out something

Comment by simy – March 7, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Jack and Emily (or the real Amanda), but they do have to make him stronger to be with her. She is a toughy! Hopefully this is what is occurring.

Comment by MGL – March 7, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been waiting for them to write Jack better. It was getting old having him be so clueless. I think you can have a character be good, but also smart & strong. So I am very happy it looks like Jack is starting to figure things out!

Comment by Leigh – March 7, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What indeed…Awesome! Of course he is not going to find out everything. I mean that will be closer to the endgame. But it looks like we are progressing. I love it.

Comment by WingsStef – March 7, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘I didn’t tell you out of self preservation that I am Amanda Clarke and I am madly in love with you’

Comment by Gabby – March 7, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m personally glad “Amanda” died, I found her character really annoying…it could just be the way she talks, but either way I’m glad she’s gone.

Comment by Michelle Robinson – March 7, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ouch Jack!!!

Comment by onlyakb – March 7, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Jack and the real Amanda ever DO get together, it’s the end of the show. Not ready for that yet. Keep him guessing awhile longer.

Comment by joe – March 8, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post