Pilot News: Matthew Lillard Joins I Am Victor

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

MatthewLillard_300Scream king Matthew Lillard has signed on to play John Stamos sidekick in NBC’s I Am Victor pilot, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | TVLine’s Guide to Pilot Season 2013: Get All the Scoop on This Fall’s Possible Newcomers

From House’s Katie Jacobs and White Collar‘s Mark Goffman, the prospective dramatic series revolves around Victor Port (Stamos), a high powered divorce attorney with a unique view of relationships.

Lillard will play Victor’s best friend Elliott, an offbeat former cop who uses means both legal and illegal to help Victor acquire information and objects.

In addition to appearing in the Scream and Scooby-Doo! film franchises, Lillard’s TV work includes roles on LeverageLaw & Order: SVU and House as well as voicing characters on Robot Chicken and several animated series.

Comments (7)

• Lilliard and Stamos in the same pilot? Now ill definitely be checking it out!

Comment by Jade – March 6, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show had better be picked up. I liked it just based on the premise when I heard about it a few weeks ago and now that Stamos and Lilliard are cast in it, I want to see it even more.

Comment by Kristen W – March 6, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lillard and Stamos in a series together? Are we sure that this is a drama?

Comment by Eric – March 6, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lillard can do dramas as well. I know his main roles were comedies, but the guy really can act when given the right role.

Comment by Courteous Vampire – March 6, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am assuming it’s a dramedy. It is billed as “House as a divorce lawyer”.

Comment by Zachary – March 6, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve always love Matthew Lillard, I’ll def. be checking this one out!

Comment by Rain – March 7, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lillard is my sister-in-law’s cousin-in-law! he was very kind when my little niece & nephew were excited to meet Shaggy. i hope he does well!

Comment by flutiefan – March 7, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post