Brenda and Jax to Return for GH Anniversary

GH_Vanessa_ingoNobody leaves… forever.

General Hospital‘s ever-crowded 50th anniversary return-a-palooza train will have to add another passenger car at this rate, with Vanessa Marcil and Ingo Rademacher the latest alumni RSVPing for the springtime celebration.

RELATED | GH Shake-Up: Julie Marie Berman Out as Lulu, Role to Be Recast

As first reported by EW.com, the brunette beauty and Aussie hunk will reprise their roles as Brenda and Jax sometime before April 1, which marks the ABC sudser’s half-century mark — and their visit may last longer than a token couple of weeks.

The pair join a long list of returning GH vets, including but by no means limited to Genie Francis (as Laura), Kin Shriner (Scotty), Rick Springfield (Noah), Jack Wagner (Frisco) and Richard Simmons (hopefully in pants and ideally teaching aerobics at the disco).

RELATED | John Stamons Nixes GH Return Storyline for Blackie Parrish

Marcil, who created the role of Brenda in 1992, last appeared on the soap in July 2011, after putting in a year-long encore. Rademacher joined GH and burned hot on the frontburner in January 1996, as the third side of the memorable/maddening Sonny-Brenda-Jax triangle. In recent years, he appeared on the soap intermittently, most recently in September 2012.

1. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Jax needs to come back for Carly. Free Todd!

2. Amanda says:

Don’t care…. Is Brandon Barash leaving or was he joking in his tweet?!

3. Stacey says:

Not surprising given to successfully crossover Dancing with Stars with GH 50th Aniversary, Jax did have to reppear during the run of the show… Hopefully this means, Sonny can get his ex-wife back…

4. laura says:

OMG – my all time favorite soap couple returning to GH together!!! After Brenda’s last visit to PC, I thought the writers had all but forgotten the history b/t Jax and Brenda. I’m soo excited, and pissing off Sonny and Carly will be an added bonus.

5. Wrstlgirl says:

I really wish GH would get off the Brenda train. I guess for this I can understand it but anymore than that will just be another train wreck like last time.

6. Mizz O says:

Yes, Brandon Barash is leaving.

7. Robert says:

Can’t wait. Loved them. General Hospital is going all out with the anniversary. We’ve gotten Frisco, Lucy, Kevin, Audrey, Bobbie, Scott, and Laura back. Now Brenda and Jax with rumors spreading that Ethan, Nikolas, and Robin to follow.

8. Mizz O says:

Brandon tweeted and Michael Fairman confirmed with Brandon’s peeps.

9. Spencer says:

Oh yay. I LOVE Brenda.

• PewIsYou says:

Brenda is a rapist. Vanessa Marseilles is a rapist and she mobbed her rape victims by use of friends in the business, blood let and burned their feet as though they were out of red china. She’s a jealous bitch whore.

10. Caro says:

Please, please let Brenda and Jax come back as a couple! I know Guza wanted Brenda with Sonny but I loved her with Jax! Nobody Leaves! The two of them cuddling in front of the fire, visiting the beach in Malibu and kissing in New Orleans, Brenda running to Jax and ignoring Sonny when both men emerged from the fire at the warehouse, the scene where Jax saw Brenda was alive after he married Skye…Brenda and Jax were pure magic. Guza basically ignored their history and relationship when she came back the last time so I hope RC gives this pairing another chance! Especially since I thought the chemistry between Brenda and Sonny wasn’t what it used to be when she came back the last time…but she and Jax still sparkled together!

• wednesday says:

OMG! You took the words right out of my mouth! Those were some of my favorites scenes! They had the best chemistry & were my favorite couple on daytime. This last Brenda was a train wreck & nightmare to watch. I had to FF through most of her scenes after awhile with Sonny because they were just too painful to watch. The only time I found her tolerable were in the few scenes she had with Jax. I hope they make the right decision this time & reunite Jax & Brenda. I hope the new writers actually watch their past scenes together to see what magic & chemistry actually looks like on-screen without really trying.

• Patricia says:

You are so right! That scene where she kisses Sonny b4 she marries Jax isn’t about her feelings for Sonny, it was about knowing that her first love “Sonny” is someone she will never forget but her greatest love is Jax and Sonny let her go so she could find a better love! It was a beautiful and unselfish thing he did for her; which is why Carly was so jealous of Brenda. Brenda stayed dead so Jax would move on with his life, then she married Jason (talk about Chemistry) so he would make sure she couldn’t hurt anyone; that’s being noble which makes Jax and Brenda a true pair!!

• Cristy says:

I SOOOO AGREE! SO many J&B haters when in fact both Brenda AND Jax were happiest, most content, healthiest, and most comfortable when they were with each other. Writers lost the best spark and so now they played out the Sonny Brenda thang; time to get to the heart of the matter.. Brenda and Jax were so in love. And respected and were playful with each other. I know in reality it’s just a show with actors, but in the fantasy world.. wake up! I agree Caro! We are on the same scripted page.. LOL! :)

11. Caro says:

Nik will be back…I am hearing he comes back and funds the Nurses Ball at the last minute! I am also hearing Ethan may return but he may be recast and Robin is due to show up for the Nurses Ball.

12. Alicia says:

General Hospital is back! The show is so enjoyable to watch. The return of fan favorites mixed with current characters and the OLTL crossovers has blended quite nicely. Set your DVR’s people.

13. John says:

I’m curious to see what Brenda’s reaction to Jason’s death will be. Those are the two I wanted together.

• Patricia says:

John, I will say that as much as I loved Brenda and Jax; the onscreeen chemistry between Brenda and Jason was a force! I think that Jason was the one person that could truely understand what Brenda did for the persons that she loved and how much it cost her. Since Jason did the same thing for his friend’s Carly and Sonny when he gave up Michael; I think the empathy he showed her was only the beginning of something that could have been a very powerful storyline and even potential a supercouple to rival “Luke and Laura”

• John says:

I agree, and with Steve on Y&R now, the chance of them doing an awesome Jason & Brenda storyline while they are still in their prime is pretty slim. Brenda’s return, their marriage story, and Jason being her bodyguard have so many awesome moments. I guess I’ll always have them to watch on YouTube and imagine what if?

14. wendy says:

Can’t stand Brenda! Hope she doesn’t stay long. I miss Jax and hate that Brandon is leaving :( The new Lulu looks a lot like Laura Wright, just younger!! I also wish they’d finish up this connie/kate thing. She’s a downer and even Sonny deserves better. He needs someone who’s got a little gumption. If one of the alters stays it needs to be Connie! She’s so much more fun!

15. Katherine says:

Hoping Jax & Brenda return together – the writers reveal Jax is the real father of her son & lets them leave together. Happy & in love. The history & integrity of Brenda’s growth destroyed, rewritten during Vanessa’s last return for Sonny was a big flop. Bring on J&B!

16. Misti miller says:

I love brenda!! So excitied about her return. Hope her & sonny are put back together. They are the best soap couple ever!!! Although the thought of her with jason is very interesting. Wouldnt mind seeing that!!!

17. sue says:

Every day I wonder why I bother to watch this…the writing has been terrible and Laura’s “wedding” dress looks like she stepped out of a bad FLDS sister wives wedding

18. penny says:

So happy to see all the old cast coming back do not forget Robin

19. Juliana says:

I can’t wait to see Sonny/Brenda and Carly/Jax.
    I think Carly and Jax were really sweet together married as a family.
    And I want Sonny and Brenda to atleast be friends if their not together.
    I do like the Sonny/Connie/Kate storyline. I can’t wait to see how Brenda feels about it.

20. Juliana says:

I think Brenda returns with Rick Lansing. JMO

21. Kathy says:

Carly and Sonny deserve each other. Alexis needs to be with either Mac or Jax and PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! get rid of that fosil Helena already. Maybe Helena and Jerry Jax can fall down an elevator shaft together and both die for real this time.

22. Isisgirl says:

Do not want to see Brenda and Jax together!!!!

• I want Carly and Jax back together, then we can have an all out war between Connie/Kate vs Brenda for Sonny’s affections. Of course I want Kate/Connie to win. We can then have Brenda circling like a shark waiting for Kate/Connie to mess up because Brenda always get what she wants. Let her get Kate’s business so that they will always have something to fight over.

23. Gwendolyn Swift says:

Jax and Brenda have always belong togather.S&B played out so long ago. It has always been Jax that Brenda love because it was an adult love not a teenage girl an a older man. The chemistry between J&B was magic. If only the writers would see that and let them finaly have their love and happiness for ever after.J save B when S left her in shambles. It was j who brought her to life when ever they were togather. Nobody leaves, and he loved her then he’s her now and will always love her. Please writers LET JAX AND BRENDA BE HAPPY TOGATHER, give the J&B some of what you gave the S&B group on let it last for Jax and Brenda. A 15yr triangle should be over by now and Jax and Brenda wins togather always.

24. Gwendolyn Swift says:

The new writers of GH should have done thier reserch on Jax and Brenda story, And now they seem to be just as bad as the rest of them.They can’t seem to get it, the reason the show lose millions of loyal viewers was because they never gave the Jax and Brenda fans their happly ever after.Over the yrs J&B fans would watch to see if they do this.When they sent Jax into this sewer which was Carly and which i did not watch to painful there was just no point.In my heaart I kept hoping tht Jax or Brenda would wake up from the nightmare which has lasted 13yrs and realize that they had been togather Loving, Happy,Having a Family and Living all along. I don’t understand, you can bring back the dead, have vampries, an aged Thug, way past his prime but you can not reserect a Love Story that was so Magical that words were inadiquite to explain is so beyond me.Where do the broken hearts go they go to youtube to bask in the glory of Jax and Brenda.There we make our own Happy Ever After because there in our hearts Jax and Brenda have always been togather, that will never change and nobody leaves. I will continue to hope that one day soon the writers will do this I can only hope for now.Even after all these yrs the chemistry is still soooooo strong with this pairing.The light in our hearts went out GH when these two were kept apart.

• Michelle says:

I toldly agree Swift! The writers changed Jax and Brenda so that they wouldn’t be together, when in reality they were soo happy when they were together. Disappointing to say the least that they weren’t open enough to Jax and Brenda.. They compliment each other, lift each other up, play together, and laugh. Contrary to S and B, it’s all shooting, crying, betraying, sleeping together, then yelling and lying to each other. What kind of healthy person wants that, let alone watch it! Writers must be enabling, adulturing, and in abusing relationships themselves to want to emmulate that to people.

• Gwendolyn Swift says:

Thanks friend. Before the show is cancel all togather I would like for the writers to give JnB fans closure with ending this nightmare and wipeing out the last 10yrs completely. 1st of all Jax would not have ever married a gutter slut like Carly he would not have giving her the time of day let along had a child with her. Brenda was who Jax wanted to spend his life with and only have children with her. They were commited to each other and I just hated the though of him being with Carly. The damn writers if they wanted too could retire the Jax and Brenda characters by ending their storyline with diginity and togather with a family and happy. Then they can do what ever the hell they want to with the show. A nightmare sernirio would be the thing, to have Brenda or Jax wake up and realized that either one had been dreaming and after giving us a little time with this couple again hopeful a yr then they can have Jax and Brenda and their twin boy and girl leave PC for Mallibu for good. I say this because Brenda was pregnent with Jax’s child when he left her at the alter which was a stupid storyline anyway. Jax would have never did that to Brenda and to have him lie that he never love her by the way something he could not look her in the eyes and say was so far reaching it was almost laughable. You know the S&B’s must also be in these kind of relationships how else would you enjoy see someone suffer through this kind of abusive relationship. I guest misery loves company. So I wish the writer would go aganist the grain of the S&B’s and give JnB fans a happy ever after.

25. PewIsYou says:

Brenda Vanessa Marseilles is a rapist fukface.