American Idol Leaderboard: Who Are Your Faves From the Season 12 Top 20? Take Our Poll!

The voting lines are set to open tonight, which means the fate of American Idol‘s Season 12 Top 20 is back in the hands of people who have two straight hours to do nothing but “vote for contestant three” the Idoloonie Nation.

Nope, the wannabe successors to Phillip Phillips’ throne no longer have to worry about activating Nicki Minaj’s libido, only your speed-dialing fingers.

VIDEO | Idology: Top 20 Controversy on Idol (Starring Zoanette and Lazaro)! Is It Too Early to Panic?

Who’s entering the Semifinals with solid momentum, and which singers still have a lot left to prove? We thought we’d rank the Top 20 in our weekly leaderboard feature, then turn the vote over to you. So click through the photos below for the whole shebang, then take our poll and vote for your own faves. And for all my Idol news, videos, interviews and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Pylgrym says:

Where’s “None of the Above”?

• Timmah says:

I think that’s where all the Zoanette votes came from.

• HTGRWHOM says:

Heh, some are OK but they already dumped too many so it is harder to excited as this point than in many other seasons. And in many cases, for what?? Not going to be tuning in much.

2. Wow, you placed Zoanette and Breanna much higher than I would. Breanna had a good performance, but 5th best seems very high. I think Janelle had a tough night but she has shown many good spots so placing her 15th seems really low. I do agree that she is someone that could easily go if they have another tough night, while others might get away with it even if they have a tough night(Candice, Kree, Vincent) but placing her behind Paul, Zoanette and Aubrey(whom we have barely seen/heard) seems wrong. I love your number 1 and number 2. If they keep it up that Top 2 would be the best Top 2 maybe ever.

• Ben says:

Aubrey and Breanna should be nearly at the bottom of this list, and Lazaro and Charlie should be higher. If you are talking about “who has momentum”, Aubrey and Breanna both sound commercial and would be fantastic, but they won’t finish better than Pia Toscano, because they lack connection. To me, that means that with so many good girls and only 5 getting in, both miss the cut this week along with Janelle, Tenna and one other (I hope its not Adriana, who should be given the chance to show whether or not she is as good as last season’s Jessica. Angela or Zoanette could be that spot and I’d be happy.)

• teatime says:

I hope you are wrong about Breanna and Aubrey. I would like to see at least one and hopefully both of them in the top 5.

• lemon says:

I looked at Aubrey Cleland’s stuff on Youtube. She definitely has ‘it.’ She can’t win over Kree, but I’d like to see her in the top 5 as well.

• Ben says:

But the question is, who do you cut (or, more accurately, who do you think America cuts)? Amber and Candice are fantastic and I feel like one of them will get the pimp spot If one of the two misses out it’s a travesty. Kree and Angela have a lot of buzz. Whatever you think of Zoanette, I know plenty of people who love her and that matters more than dislike right now – ambivalence is a bigger sin than dislike at this point. Andof Adriana, Aubrey and Breanna, in my view Adriana is the one most likely to dethrone one of those five.

• Tom22 says:

How can there be a “should” to people selecting their “faves” ? The question wasn’t “who is the best singer”, or “who do you THINK will win” . Certainly you can rank the singers yourself, but the “should” is a bit much. The list “should” reflect what different people actually like.

• Ben says:

It’s power rankings. By definition, power rankings are an attempt to judge who, objectively, is in the best position to continue in the competition. How good the singers are is entirely irrelevant to power rankings. So yes, there is a should.

• HTGRWHOM says:

Nah, Aubrey will make it.

3. girlinmd says:

I hope Curtis goes down I hated his attitude during Hollywood week and also during the females top 20 he never once stood up or clapped for any of them his “my s**t don’t stink” attitude is very off putting

• deedee says:

It might come down to either Curtis or Vince getting in, but not both. I think since Vince is much more sympathetic, he’ll get the 70’s retro R&B/Soul vote over Curtis.

• Name That Tune says:

Right now Curtis isn’t getting much action on Twitter. So he could be in trouble.

4. forwarddad says:

I don’t think Paul will catch on with the voting public . There is something off- putting about him .

5. Elsa says:

I think I’m still pissed at some of last week’s eliminations… I barely found three people to vote for and I’m probably only excited about one, Kree.
    Hope it changes this week.

• Gabrielle says:

exactly i really wanted isabelle to make it i luvvvvvvvvvvv her. i have her pictures in my room shes so inspiring.

6. Nat says:

I’d rank Paul and Janelle higher than you did, despite their subpar Vegas performances – I think there’s more potential there performance- and voter-wise than, say, with Adriana or Aubrey (who both possess solid voices but are too indistinct). I also fear that Breanna might be a one-trick pony.

7. MB says:

My favorites are Kree, Angela and Nick. I think Angela and Kree will get through with no problem but I am concerned that Nick may not make it. He is really on the fence and can go either way. I just think he has great potential and still love his rendition of Stars..

8. I just can’t believe that after THOUSANDS of people auditioned, this is really the 20 best. This show is in trouble and it doesn’t matter who the judges are, these contestants are not going to make people want to watch.

• Timmah says:

I agree. I’ve been watching the show since season 2, and this is the first time I remember not having a favorite at this point. There’s no one star-worthy IMO.

• Temperence says:

And the cast is chock full of people tha perfrom styles (gospel, R&B) that no one is listening to. The producers have to be displeased.

• darcy's evil twin says:

That’s kind of how I felt a couple of seasons ago and then Haley Reinhart surprised me and won me over. I hope that happens this season.

• HTGRWHOM says:

That would be nice only I had Haley picked as the one already at the auditions so this season doesn’t remind me of 10. I was on her bandwagon way before most started catching on.

• Tom22 says:

I feel the same way to a degree. While we really don’t see people come to full form till later usually there are 3 or 4 really wow performances. I won’t disrespect Angelas moment with her song , and I think she was genuine and open singing it… it just so different from my tastes and she’s a nice warm person in different ways than I personally find endearing.

Not only has the singing been ok, but un-remarkable, the contests seem nice, but none really especially warm and comfortable laughing as they go.

During season 10, I found almost every contestant personable and likeable, despite many of them being from very different backgrounds. Naima, Scotty, Lauren, James Durbin, Haley, Casey, Stefano, Jacob (and probably ashton if i had time to know her) were just such nice warm kids who all would have been a joy to have along with my kids on a long road trip. I find Aubrey pretty charming from what we’ve seen. In addition to liking her singing, I think Rachel had a real wit to her that hadn’t quite come to the surface yet. Many others seem nice enough and polite enough but they just don’t seem to bubble a joy for the things around them in a non-neurotic way. Maybe the kids will grow on me. I have hopes for Vincent to emerge if he makes it through. Skylar, and Heejun were great from the start but PP and Hollie emerged as similar in thier warmth, low-maintenance attitudes, (low maintenance is key) and humor.

9. JKR says:

KREE. The. End.

10. The most pop guy seems 2 b Burnell. hope Cortez hangs around 2. All of em are talented

11. Scott McKay says:

How can you put in Zoanette she terrible? Rachel is a 10 time better then Zoanette. I been watching American Idol since it started but now that you but in Zoanette I’m not going to watch it anymore….

• HTGRWHOM says:

And the first thing they do is tear her to shreds tonight! Randy was even like WOW that last night WOW. But uhh every note before that…. all kinds of wrong.
      Maybe they did just put some through to try to insure their desired top 5 make it?
      And now they are turning on the 5 they don’t want?

12. soundscene says:

I still can’t place names and faces. It used to be easier than this to get invested in the contestants.

13. Maria says:

Who’s my favorite? Keith Urban. He’s pretty much the only reason I watch.

14. Billie says:

According to VoteFair ranking website, in terms of traditional vote count the leading five men are (in order): 1. Lazaro (seriously?) 2. Devin 3. Paul (he is kind of bland but he possess good looks and sole white country guy…which means automatic slot in the Top 10? OMG if he suddenly strum a guitar OMG I think Nigel will be mad thinking that he didn’t know that Paul could play (in case he does) and he missed that one and then there goes your Season 12 winner LOL) 4. Vincent and 5. Charlie (OMG OMG OMG) while in the ladies are (in order): 1. Angela (thanks to her original song she is still the front-runner popularity wise) 2. Zoanette (OMFG LOL) 3. Candice (YES!) 4. Kree (YES!) and 5. Adriana. :)

15. Mafs95 says:

I think it will be a Top 11, and based on that I will make my predictions:

Girls: Angela, Kree, Zoanette, Candice, Amber and Janelle
    Boys: Vince, Burnell, Devin, Paul and Lazaro

This is what I think it will happen, not exactly what I want (even though this wouldn’t be a bad Top 11).

16. Phan says:

I must be going crazy because I genuinely believe that Lazaro and Charlie cannot possibly both end up in the Top 10/12/13/??: it has to be one or the other, right? Right?

17. karen says:

Hands down, Kree is the best in terms of all-around artistry. I don’t see her faltering like Janelle did. Janelle’s performance of the Lady A song was cringe-worthy. Angela has a certain pageant Marie Osmond vibe that might be her undoing. I was underwhelmed in Candice’s “Natural Woman.” It seemed like she was phoning it in.

18. katie says:

Angela all the way she is my favorite

• Gabrielle says:

Angela is ok but my faves are kree and janelle i luv them to pieces. and i also luv paul and charlie.

19. ceebee says:

Angela reminds me of Marie Osmond too…but on a Red Bull bender….she is all teeth and pageant performance…..If Zoanette gets in the top 10 – I fear a LOT of folks are going to be tuning out…heck if Zoanette AND Curtis both get in the top 10 – their egos and personalties by the end of the season will swallow the stage and judges!!

20. syb says:

Feel like it is Kree’s to lose but that’s often a bad sign for the early front runners. There are several who interest me, but for those who I’ve only seen once or twice a lot can change. For me, Vince, Kree, Candice are the class of the field, although I liked Breanna, Adriana, Devin and Curtis. (I don’t care about attitude. If that was an issue, the hot 100 would be a hot 2 list. For the same reason, as heartwarming as is Lazaro’s story, he isn’t in the ballpark with the better of this 20.)

And I enjoy watching Zoanette on the stage. I can’t see voting for her or buying her records, but she’s fun, and we all take this too seriously sometimes.

21. Terry says:

hahah, I half expected your top 10 to be all girls. It will be interesting to see if Z gets through the voting round. I know she’s polarizing but she ain’t boring and I for one can’t wait to see what on earth she’s gonna sing tonight!

• HTGRWHOM says:

It wasn’t her night and the judges also made that clear so I think she is a goner. Even more maddening about Juliana now!!!! (and Melinda!)

22. HTGRWHOM says:

Of all the things they took from The Voice they took the two WORST things. The weird pairings for the top 20 split to sets of 10 which did NOT work out well. And then cutting down the singers as quickly as possible, a top 10 vs top 13 vs early seasons where the cutting was even slower than that! Ugh!

23. Amy says:

Arrrrgh. Just got home…and didn’t even realize Idol was on tonight! What’d I miss? :-\
    Perfect ending to a discombobulated day. Oh well..guess I’ll catch it On Demand tomorrow during the snowstorm. I’ll watch the last 35 min. now.
    I haven’t a clue who’s going to do well tonight…this year is touch and go so far to me.
    Though the same people we’ve been watching I expect will do well tonight…Candice, Kree, Vincent, maybe Nick and some others. Some of the good ones are cut already!

Oh good, Kree’s just going on now…yay!

24. Amy says:

she’s already good…first 5 note. :) love her.

25. Amy says:

oops, “noteS” :) ok…I’ll stop rambling now. (Good old Faith song.)

26. Amy says:

Ok…can’t stop yet.
    KreeKreeKreeKreeeeeeee. I just love a real singaaa’. I love Keith’s responses to her…on the money all the time. Love that Nicky loves her…going into this season, knowing very little about Nicky, expecting “hip hop weirdo”…I’d have never picked a Kree to be someone she’d “get.” Randy, Mariah too. Lovin’ the panel this year.

27. HTGRWHOM says:

Kree did very well tonight but she sounded too countrified to really excite me much. I was a little let down. Candice was fine but it seemed boring. They were good, especially Kree, but personally for me I just was left flat by both of those front runners.
    I liked Angie and Amber the best.
    Might have been nice to have had Juliana and delicate tones and Melinda and her pop energy and stage presence (tonight especially) and they could easily have filled in for any two of Zoanette, Tenna, Adrianna and made it a more exciting night.
    Have no idea in what fashion the voters will sort this out. I really have no clue who they will pick for the top five. Probably Angie plus 4 of Amber, Aubrey, Breanna, Janelle, Kree and Candice.

28. Jessica says:

Is this really our top 20?? Yikes! The only ones that I picked were Kree, Breanna and Aubrey (even if it was a list of top 5). Kree having the most potential.