What to Watch Tuesday: NCIS Hits the Beach, Idol Goes Live, the White Collar Finale and More

Prime SuspectOn TV this Tuesday: NCIS heads to the Bahamas (and the barber), White Collar‘s finale puts you in an Empire State of mind, Golden Boy gets a House call and Pretty Little Liars is in the swim of things. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 11 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm American Idol (Fox) | Let the live episodes begin! Half of the 20 semifinalists perform in Las Vegas, and America votes.

8 pm NCIS (CBS) | Gibbs’ barber asks for his help ruling out his son as a suspect in a huge crime. (Do this, Jethro, and you may never have to tip again!) Meanwhile, DiNozzo and probationary agent Ned Dorneget (played by Matt Jones) track a suspect in a stolen money case to the Bahamas. (See photos.)

8 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | While Zoe’s still reeling and trying to keep it together re: Wade, Brick and Shelby’s big decision about their relationship prompts a concerned Lemon try to sabotage things – with George’s help.

8 pm Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | Aria, Emily and Hanna suspect the worst when Spencer goes missing; Emily meets Olympic gold medalist Missy Franklin.

PREVIEW | The Lying Game Sneak Peek: Ted Finally Comes Clean – Will Emma Do the Same?

PREVIEW | Go On Sneak Peek: The Group Writes Ryan One Hilariously Weird Break-Up Song

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | Chris O’Donnell directed tonight’s episode, which finds Sam’s wife (returning guest star Aunjanue Ellis, The Mentalist) resuming a former CIA cover after a case suggests ties to Sidorov and his stolen nukes. Erik Palladino (ER) also guest-stars.

9:30 pm The New Normal (NBC) | It’s Halloween (?), so Bryan goes pumpkin-picking with gal pal Nicole Ritchie and then, with the help of Sing!‘s make-up artist (Star Trek‘s George Takei), dictates everyone’s costumes — though David balks at a [She Who Shall Not Be Named] theme.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

10 pm White Collar (USA Network) | Season 4 finale: Peter and Neal are one heist away from retrieving the evidence box hidden inside the Empire State Building – but Senator Pratt has a whole lotta FBI agents looking for the exact same thing. (Already renewed.)

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | When a victim’s family — including guest star Tim DeKay, White Collar – is sure their daughter was killed by the Devil, Megan & Co. must rule out Donald Trump separate fact from fiction. (Check out the new Season 3 cast photo.)

10 pm Justified (FX) | Boyd discovers he still has an Ellen-May problem, and Raylan’s dynamite-fishing nets some unexpected results.

10 pm Golden Boy (CBS) | A petty thief leads Clark to a murdered drug addict with a missing daughter. Odette Annable (House) guest-stars as ADA Kat O’Connor.

10 pm Smash (NBC) | Jimmy and Kyle get butterflies when Hit List is read for the first time; Ivy’s new co-star Terry (Will & Grace‘s Sean Hayes) makes her think her leading-role nab may not be the triumph she thought it was. (Get scoop!)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (39)

• Definitely watching NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles tonight! :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – March 5, 2013 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars and Lying Game :)

Comment by Elyse – March 5, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely watching Pretty Little Liars. :-)

Comment by Tran – March 5, 2013 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justified, as always.

Comment by jsswite – March 5, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLL and Smash.

Comment by How's Annie – March 5, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesday…my favorite night…watch live…NCIS, NCIS LA, Justified
    DVR…Pretty Little Liars and White Collar

Comment by Rae – March 5, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLL,Lying Game,HoD,Smash

Comment by Brandy – March 5, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The New Normal episode is the one that’s supposed to air around the time Hurricane Sandy hit. I’m glad they’re airing it instead keeping it on shelves, since it’s a great episode. Hint: Katy Perry.
    Golden Boy and PLL for me. And of course Idol Top 10 Girls. Needs a good laugh (aka Zoanette)

Comment by Leo – March 5, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When I read the description I thought NBC may have decided to air a repeat at the last minute, then I remembered this episode never aired (but they did release a few sneak peaks)

Comment by George – March 5, 2013 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie!!!
    oh pll and smash too..

Comment by d01 – March 5, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOD, TNN and PLL

Comment by Prue – March 5, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hart of dixie. as mad as I want to be that raising hope isnt on bc of stupid idol, im still happy that it got renewed.

Comment by ollie – March 5, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS and The Taste and BOP

Comment by Joe Petitjean – March 5, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and Justified

Comment by Bandit – March 5, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS
    White Collar

Comment by kirads09 – March 5, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS LA & White Collar

Comment by Jamey – March 5, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Idol Live and Smash.

Comment by forwarddad – March 5, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will give Golden Boy one more chance, but doesn’t look too great to me.

Comment by Dianne – March 5, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Full night: NCIS, NICS LA, Body of Proof

Comment by jj – March 5, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh goody. Can’t wait to see the writers of the NCIS script make Tony look like an idiot/overgrown fratboy hitting up chicks on the beach. He has always been my favorite character, but I have very low expectations for how they’ll write this one.

Comment by Maria – March 5, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh come on, the greatest Tony moment of all time was him on Spring Break, finding the wet t-shirt picture of Kate, and letting loose one of the evilest laughs this side of Mark Hamill’s Joker. =)

Comment by Pat D. – March 5, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing! This is a night full of crap.

Comment by Alex – March 5, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHITE COLLAR!!!!!
    PLL & SMASH

Comment by A – March 5, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLL
    LG
    White collar
    NCIS/NCIS LA DVR

Comment by Nicole – March 5, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great TV night! – PLL, Go On, White Collar, Face Off

Comment by Roni – March 5, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie
    The Lying Game

Comment by Jared – March 5, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, Body of Proof, White Collar, NCIS Los Angeles for me tonight.

Comment by Jerri – March 5, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof, baby!

Comment by Norah – March 5, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well you forgot the best show on tonight, even with it being a rerun Beauty and the Beast at 9PM on the CW is the only one I will be certain to watch. Everyone needs to take another look at the terrific show. The pilot and first couple of episodes were not as good as they could have been but this show has done nothing but IMPROVE. Check it out and see for yourself.

Comment by Mary Edwards – March 5, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. If you haven’t watched Beauty and the Beast you are missing a GREAT show. I will be watching it again.

Comment by marilyn deaton – March 5, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course, WHITE COLLAR! Its going to be a nail-biting cliffhanger.
    I’ve been on-edge all day. Can’t wait.

Comment by nina – March 5, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, PLL

Comment by Bowen – March 5, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch, DVR, or both White Collar, Body of Proof and Smash.

Comment by Sable – March 5, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justified and maybe NCIS

Comment by vicki – March 5, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off Their Rockers
    Go On
    The New Normal
    Body of Proof
    Cougar Town
    ===
    Wow, I am so far behind on my Tuesday shows. I have 5 OTRs, 4 Goons, 4 TNNs, and 3 Cougar Towns to watch. And that’s not including tonight’s originals. (Phew)

Comment by nick1372 – March 5, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, Lying Game, Smash. I hope this week’s Smash is better than lasr week’s snoozer. If I was an advertiser, I’d want my money back.

Comment by Bobbie – March 5, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JUSTIFIED SPOILERS FROM LAST WEEK AHEAD: I have heard a rumor that Drew Thompson will be revealed tonight. Despite what happened on last week’s episode, I still think there’s a good chance it’s going to be Arlo. There’s only two scenarios that make sense here. First is: They’ve been building up this Drew Thompson thing for so long I feel like it almost wouldn’t make sense if it wasn’t Arlo. I just can’t see Arlo going out on a limb to protect anyone but himself by hiding that bag in his wall, etc. Also, there’s that connection between Drew and Raylan’s mother’s kin. (Look at me being all Justified folksy using words like “kin”). I think the Dixie Mafia figured out Arlo was Drew and had him murdered in prison. They were itching pretty bad to get Drew killed. The other scenario that could make sense is the real Drew Thompson hired that cop in prison to kill Arlo to keep him from revealing who he was. I think Arlo would have to be scared sh*tless of Drew Thompson to protect his identity like that, but it still doesn’t make a ton of sense. I mean, come on, Arlo being scared of someone? No way, man, he is a bad ass mo’fo. But I suppose they could be going that direction. I just like the idea better that Arlo was living some secret identity, because that would change everything for Raylan and open up a whole lot of storylines for him with new family members, struggling to figure out he is all over again, etc. Just imagine the possibilities.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – March 5, 2013 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justified. In my opinion it is the best written show on television right now. It never disappoints and the actors always deliver. Look forward to it everyweek.

Comment by Meaghan – March 5, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post