Pilot Scoop: British Being Human Actress to Play Ball With ABC's James Caan Comedy

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

crichlowLenora Crichlow has joined ABC’s James Caan-led comedy pilot, TVLine has learned.

The single-camera project, formerly titled She’s Got Balls, follows a recently divorced, single mother (played by Psych‘s Maggie Lawson) who temporarily moves in with her estranged father (Las Vegas‘ Caan) and reluctantly starts coaching her son’s Little League team. As she does so, she’s reluctantly drawn back into the world of sports she vowed to leave behind.

RELATED | TVLine’s Guide to Pilot Season 2013: Get All the Scoop on This Year’s Possible Newcomers

Mark and Robb Cullen (Las Vegas) executive produce with Aaron Kaplan, John Requa and Glenn Ficarra.

Crichlow will play Gigi Fernandez-Lovette, a fashionably fabulous beauty who befriends Terry.

The cast also includes Griffin Gluck (Private Practice) and newcomer Kennedy Waite.

Crichlow was ghostly gal Annie in the British supernatural drama Being Human. She’s also had roles in the British series Material Girl and Sugar Rush.

Comments (14)

• Love her!

Comment by Will – March 4, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she’s great, i love her!

Comment by riley – March 4, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her too! I hope this gets picked up.

Comment by Other Meredith – March 4, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does this mean maggie lawson is done on psych??

Comment by Hailie – March 4, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think this means more that Psych is likely done… I’m assuming her role in this pilot will be in second position to her role on Psych (meaning if both get picked up she’d have to drop out of this pilot and continue with Psych), but I can’t imagine the show’s producers would allow one of their lead actors to book another potential series if their show was getting renewed.

Comment by Dizzle – March 4, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow she’s amazing, a terrific British beauty.
    So glad she’s breaking into america!

Comment by Kaycee – March 4, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s great.. I hope she keeps her accent.

Comment by Danielle H. – March 4, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s awesome. A funny, beautiful actress who will definitely get me to tune in to this show.

Comment by Eric – March 4, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is wonderful. This show sounds good. I bet ABC can’t wait to destroy it with terrible scheduling choices.

Comment by Kyle – March 4, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww Good luck Lenora!!! Love Annie from Being Human, Id like to see her with Aidan in a romantic comedy or drama, adorable!!!!!

Comment by Claudia – March 4, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was a huge fan of the BBC series “Being Human” is where this actress was the first time I’ve ever saw her the British actress Lerora Crichlow. And now she’s possible starring in a show for ABC is great. She’s a good actress!!!

Comment by Mekisha Hale – March 4, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve seen some of Kennedy’ Waites YouTube videos. I can’t wait to see if she’s as good an actress as she is a singer.

Comment by Cat – March 8, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very glad to hear that Kennedy Waite is getting a shot in this project to display her talents which will surely lead to other career opportunities for her!

Comment by Charles B. Underwood – March 13, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post