Exclusive Lying Game Sneak Peek: Ted Finally Comes Clean – Will Emma Do the Same?

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Did Ted actually kill Derek? And is he responsible for Teresa’s wedding-day disappearance, too? The Lying Game‘s big bad (?) dad’s secrets are about to be revealed, and it’s all because of Emma’s super sleuthing skills, as seen in the following exclusive first look at this Tuesday’s installment (ABC Family, 9/8c).

RELATED | Lying Game‘s Allie Gonino on Laurel’s Future With Emma, Mads and More!

Picking up where last week’s episode left off, the sneak peek finds Emma (as Sutton) confronting her father about how his medical badge mysteriously ended up at the deceased’s graveside. While he remains mum about the murder (at least initially), he does come clean about something just as big: the identity of his daughter’s birth mother.

Press PLAY below to watch Emma process the “revelation,” then hit the comments!

Loading video...

Comments (29)

• aw snap!!! its gettin good :)

Comment by Elyse – March 4, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show just keeps getting better and better!!!! Now all I need is some Emma and Ethan action and all will be well. Oh and I stand by my belief that Thayer’s dark side is getting ready to be exposed. Anybody who watched Christian Alexander on General Hospital knows how good he is at being an evil son of a b!tch.

Comment by Kira – March 4, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember Thayer on GH, he gave me the creeps. He was abusive towards Kristina and he was killed when he was hit by a car. Ted said he didn’t do anything to Theresa but he did admit that Derek was blackmailing him. I don’t see Ted as a killer he is not like Alec or Rebecca. if what Alec said was true and he doesn’t know about Sutton being a twin. Derek probably only knew that Rebecca was the Sutton’s mom and he was involved in so weird adoption that he and Kristen “adopted” his own biological daughters. I just wonder how they(Alec and Ted) got Rebecca to give Sutton to Ted and Kristen, and how Alec managed to keep that Sutton was twin and what was the deal with that Annie Hobbs person. So many questions and I think Alec is the mastermind behind this whole thing.s

Comment by Nicole – March 4, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did Rebecca want either of the girls? She seems psycho and not very maternal

Comment by Chester – March 5, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alec knew about Emma and sutton because he split them up. Is think Ted is innocent and I’m not sure at all who killed Derek or Theresa. I do not think it was Rebecca anymore. I think it was the same person who robbed Rebecca of whatever was in the box in the file cabinet. It did not look like Theresa in the pool when they showed her so I’m praying its not and that she is still alive because I really liked her and feel like Dan will completely fall apart trying to figure out who the hell killed her. He’s already gone crazy just trying to find her.

Comment by Alex – March 6, 2013 01:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If Theresa is really dead I will be devastated…….but it really didn’t look like her in the pool so I’m hoping it wasn’t, and I think Rebecca may have been the robber so that people will pay more attention to the robbery and not the fact that she killed Theresa and Derrick

Comment by Blakelyn – March 6, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love this show so much. its that and pretty little liars, my favorite shows. I really hope ABC family reads these comments because i want the lying game to get renewed so bad. theres no way it can just end.

Comment by Hannah – March 4, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how this show and Pretty Little Liars always manage to reveal something in every episode but also manage to leave us asking something else!

I read the first few PLL books so I knew some of what would happen ahead time but they’ve done a fantastic job keeping me guessing!

Comment by Jenn – March 4, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OOOO I cannot WAIT to watch the rest of this episode!!!! This show is amazing!

Comment by Sarah – March 4, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a bit unrelated to this specific post but I have to ask. Did anyone notice how two episodes ago, right before Theresa’s disappearance, sutton called Theresa on the phone and said “Hi, this is sutton. the real sutton mercer.” What was up with that?? I know Theresa knows about the twins but sutton didn’t know that. Did anyone else find that part weird?

Comment by egrasty – March 4, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is interesting…n no I didn’t catch that. Maybe Sutton thought Alec told her.

Comment by ya – March 4, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She said she was the real Sutton Mercer because they knew that Alec told Theresa about them. Sutton also knew Alec was innocent at this point and was trying to get evidence together to prove Rebecca guilty.

Comment by LaDig – March 5, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is getting so intense and juicy. It needs to be renewed!

Comment by Brandy – March 4, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s the mom. You know Ted’s soon to be ex-wife. Crap I can’t remember her name.

Comment by angi – March 4, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait!

Comment by kates2424 – March 4, 2013 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ending of last weeks Lying Game was SO intense! Can’t wait to see what happens next and hopefully Emma comes clean..atleast to Ted. Sad to see this season ending after only 10 episodes.

Comment by Jade – March 4, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Something drastic is going to happen with Thayer that NOBODY will see coming.

Comment by Jared – March 4, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope that’s not the case. I love Thayer and I think he is a wonderful character. To make him sinister or evil just to make Ethan look good is a cop out and bad writing, especially given how good and faithful he has been to Emma. Not to mention, Ethan slept with Sutton all of five minutes after he broke up with Emma.

Comment by Ella – March 4, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think they’d do it “make Ethan look good.” For one as a character Ethan stands on his own. And two because Thayer has always been sketchy and this is a perfect reveal that fits with the characterization but also surprises. He hasn’t *always* been good and faithful, he’s been controlling and abandoning too. They keep telling you he’s “sweet” and then he acts like a jerk. IMO they are playing you by having Emma trust him even though as an audience you think she shouldn’t. Emma’s trust gives them the ambiguity they need.

Comment by tvwillrotyourbrain – March 4, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its not ending for good, its just the midseason break, all the shows have them, I’m sure that over the spring it will be renewed and come back in summer with the second half, PLL, Bunheads and Switched at Birth all did it and TLG did it last year. I just hope we dont have to wait 10 months to get more. This is my fave show on tv right now!!

Comment by Spencer G – March 4, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Technically though we still don’t know if the show has been renewed, and are waiting on word from Abc Family. Hopefully we hear something soon. I’ll be pissed at ABC Family if they put it on another 10 month hiatus cuz that’d probably kill the show. They don’t promote as it is now.

Comment by Brandy – March 4, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They definitely do not promote like they do pll.

Comment by heather – March 5, 2013 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woah. What’s this about renewing/not? The second season didn’t even start up not to long ago
    This show is the only thing that pulls me away from cars and video games

Comment by Alex – March 6, 2013 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Alex
      I know ABC Family made us wait 10 months, and now they might not be renewing. I wish this show was treated better, because it’s a great show.

Comment by Brandy – March 6, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and can’t wait to see it every week!

Comment by Carol Dorsey – March 6, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • agreed…i hope it’s renewed.. They should listen to the fans it’s a better show than PLL in my opinion. I like them both but I think the lying game is more entertaining.

Comment by d – March 7, 2013 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea I agree, PLL is definetly not as good as TLG, but I still like it. I think with the Lying Game its way more realistic. With Pretty Little Liars I feel like its geeting more and more unrealistic, and stretching way to far from the books, in a bad way.

Comment by Maddie – March 12, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post