Ratings: Shark Tank and Last Man Standing Lead Friday, Nikita Flat, Touch Up

TOUCH_205-SC57_0006With CBS in repeat mode this Friday, Undercover Boss‘ freed-up viewers seeeemingly flocked to ABC’s sitcoms, which each surged more than 20 percent in the demo.

Last Man Standing, with 7.07 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating, was up 17 and 23 percent and drew Friday’s largest audience. Malibu Country (6.14 mil/1.4) meanwhile rose 20 and 27 percent.

Leading out of that, Shark Tank matched last week’s 6.6 mil/1.9, drawing the night’s best demo rating, and 20/20 (5.3 mil/1.5) ticked up a tenth.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Over on Fox, Kitchen Nightmares (3.3 mil/1.3) saw gains of 7 percent and two tenths, while Touch (2.9 mil/0.8) rose 16 percent and a tenth — its first upward motion since the Season 2 opener.

The CW’s Nikita (1.06 mil/0.3) shed some viewers while flat in the demo.

NBC’s Dateline (5.9 mil/1.3) dipped a bit while Rock Center (4.25 mil/1.0) was steady.

1. Leondre says:

Last Man Standing and Malibu Country not that far off from The Neighbor’s 1.7 rating.

2. kirads09 says:

Good news for Touch. Not sure how I feel about the direction of S2 so far, but hope it lives. Such a beautiful concept and well done show.

• Alvaro says:

Thats exactly why I stopped watching it. I didn’t like the direction Season 2 was going. It was such an amazing concept…its sad the crew didn’t know how to take it in the right direction

• MaryAnn says:

I could hardly make it through an episode of Season 1, but Season 2 is really enjoyable.

3. Trina says:

Last Man Standing is acutally a pretty funny show.

• Tim Doyle says:

Thanks for your support. Tell your friends and keep watching! Three more brand new episodes over the next three weeks!

• Maria says:

Yes, it is. The youngest daughter, Eve, has good comedic timing and great chemistry with Tim Allen.

4. Ram510 says:

I can’t believe Nikita didn’t gain more viewers cause it was the most intense episode of the season. Very well done! I hope they keep it up cause Nikita has been on a roll

5. James says:

Nielsen Viewers are officially shallow people that only like braindead tv like gam shows. Nikita should be CW’s best rated show by how good it is.

• kirads09 says:

No need to put viewers down. But I think the Nielsen system needs a complete overhaul and needs to be brought into this century. I believe it is somewhat antiquated and Nielsen does not seem to be taking into account the many ways (live, dvr, on demand, online, mobile device etc) a person can tune into watch a program these days. Thus, it may not be getting a complete picture of a show’s popularity.
      Also does the 18-49 demo need to be canon and the only age group cared about? We have an large aging population of boomers that DO watch TV and buy advertiser’s products but they are ignored in the ratings game. Just my thoughts.

• Arie says:

kirads, I’m part of a Nielsen household and Nielsen does track Live, DVR, on-demand viewings. They also track online viewings of shows if that household decides to have their online activity monitored by Nielsen. I declined to have our household online activity monitored for security reasons.

• Arie says:

I’m part of a Nielsen household and no, I’m not shallow. I do watch Nikita and love it very much.

6. Could Malibu Country have risen because Blake Shelton was a guest star? I know it’s the only reason I watched it.

7. beckstle says:

I LOVE Touch! I didn’t even realize it was back on until it popped up on Hulu! (Probably because there’s nothing on Fox I watch- except Touch.)

8. Tran says:

Good news: TOUCH finally got its ratings groove back. Bad news (literally): Hate to wonder if the series won’t make it for a third season.

9. Tran says:

Very good news: GRIMM returns in six days. Thank Grimm It’s Friday :-)

10. TheDude says:

I wouldn’t worry that much about Nikita guys, It’s been able to hold its numbers all year in what is considered to be a death slot….plus it gets huge bonuses from Interntational viewership and other alternate forms of viewing.

• James says:

thats good to know and with the bubble shows only getting 0.3-0.5 on the other weekdays and is WAYyounger than Nikita its clear that they would do even worse on a friday night where people go out to parties,birthdays,movies ect..

11. forwarddad says:

And CBS continues its lame TV schedule – on 2 weeks—-off two weeks. They literally are killing the ratings of Blue Bloods. Why wouldn’t you show the repeat of Golden Boy in the time slot its going to be in? What value do you get showing it on Saturday?

12. Lisa says:

Nikita is awesome. I hope they count other outlets since I am watching it on demand this weekend!!!!

13. Lambsilencer says:

“Nikita” was very well done, as usual. But I have to say that this was in part a very brutal, violent episode, especially for 8 PM. I think the writers have to be careful not to overdo it in that department, as they surely can’t afford to lose any viewers over it with the ratings the show gets. And with last night’s level of torture and blood, there might be some that have decided to switch to something less graphic.

• It’s clearly a 9pm show in terms of content, but they didn’t leave it on Thursdays at 9 after The Vampire Diaries because it didn’t perform as well as they expected there, and their attempt to place it at 9 on Friday this year was a disaster. Despite the recent dip in ratings, 8pm is still a better slot for Nikita than 9pm (as is actually the case for most CW shows – they’re better off with a lead-in that isn’t original CW programming). But I agree that it’s problematic.

14. Elyse says:

ouch Nikita :(

15. MaryAnn says:

I am looking forward to Grimm next Friday, plus the move of Cult to Friday nights. I am hoping that Cult does well in that slot and gets a second wind. It is complex and layered like Nikita, a thinking person’s show, and it needs an audience that is willing to make an investment in paying attention.

16. It’s a shame about Nikita, I do believe it’ll get a fourth season because of syndication but it doesn’t deserve these awful numbers. Such a wonderful, underrated show.

17. mary anne says:

“Last Man Standing” is a wonderful funny half hour that should be given an opportunity to thrive and survive. I love it!

“Malibu Country” needs a little help but Lily Tomlin and the fellow who plays Reba’s son is hilarious! Just give it a chance. Another half hour of enjoyment.

Sometimes the trigger is pulled too fast on a series and as a result, nobody wins….especially viewers!

18. Joseph says:

Touch is literally the most addictive series right now on television… I have no idea why people aren’t watching it :(

19. Shana says:

* I love nikita!!! It better be renewed!! This weeks episode was amazing!!! So intense!!! I think it Should go back to thurs after vampire diaries or wed after arrow!!!

20. Jade says:

Touch is Dead. Fans of the show should enjoy it while it lasts.

21. Jade says:

Although I’m not a fan of Nikita necessarily..this is a case of Great show..Wrong network..with that said I do feel that the CW will renew the series based purely on syndication.

22. SEO says:

I like to share knowledge that will I’ve accumulated through the
    12 months to help enhance team functionality.