Time's Up: Zero Hour Cancelled by ABC

Zero Hour Cancelled By ABCWell, that lasted only a few seconds.

ABC has cancelled Zero Hour after three low-rated outings, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | 9 Network Shows on the Verge of Cancellation

The rookie conspiracy thriller’s Feb. 14 premiere drew 6.3 million total viewers and a 1.4 18-49 rating, making it ABC’s lowest-rated in-season scripted premiere ever. Episode 3 this Thursday sunk to 5 million viewers and a 1.0 rating.

The show will be pulled from the schedule, effective immediately. Encore episodes of Shark Tank will fill its slot for the next two weeks, then Wife Swap will take over the Thursdays-at-8 spot for seven weeks beginning March 21. Starting May 9, Wipeout will fill the hour.

The network has not yet announced when Zero Hour‘s remaining episodes will air.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the show’s passing.

1. Bren says:

ABC made a BIG mistake cancelling that show…Great cast and story…what the heck is wrong with those CEO’s?????

2. LD says:

BRING ZERO HOUR BACK!! NOW I ONLY WATCH ABC ON SUN. NIGHTS; DEPENDING ON MOVIES ON OTHER STATIONS. Some of us choose not to pay for cable and you cancel the best new show? Not sure who you pole; obviously they’re idiots without brains.

3. Lena says:

I am shocked that zero hour is cancelled I look forward every week to watch it. Shark tank is ok to watch when there is nothing else on, but I hate the rich talking down on the people that go on this show. I have stopped watching the shark tank. I want the show zero hour to come back soon aleast it is exciting to figure out what might happen next, it was a mystery show. How long was murder she wrote running, I still watch it even though there are some shows that are repeats but it is a mystery. Lena from canada

4. michelle says:

I can’t believe they cancelled this show. PLEASE PUT IT BACK ON!!! Why does ABC like to get us started on a show then cancel it. I am going to be leary on watching anything on ABC anymore.

5. Morgan says:

I am just now seeing that this show has been cancelled. UGH another good show taken off & replaced with reality crap! I agree with a lot of the other comments here & will leave it there. So what was the deal with his wife and what did he parents know and the photo they were looking at in EP3? Will they show the remaining episodes and at least give it some closure. It would be nice if Syfy channel or some other channel picked it up and finished it out.

• casey says:

i agree too much of this reality bs is taking over. for example the bachelor/ette real world even snooki and jwow show. it doesnt give our brains any excitement.

6. Shelley says:

ABC has to be the worst channel! I should have known. They’ve got me so many times, and I refused to watch anything on ABC until Zero Hour. I even said as I was watching the 2nd episode I hope to God they don’t cancel this because I’ve been sucked in.

I would also like to ask when the hell did networks start thinking it was okay to take off a show after 3 episodes or mid-way through the season. They used to at least let the whole show play out to the end and then decide to keep on or not. Which it seems that in the past 5 years ABC hasn’t had faith in anything they put on, because half of them never come back.
    I lost my patience and respect for ABC, it seems that they arr the worst offender when it comes to canceling mid-way through the life of a show anf its down right infuriating how can they evprct us to trust them form now on i will never give them another chance to obtain my undivided attention and them pulling the rug out from under me.

There have been so many that ABC has done this to. I THINK WE NEED TO BOYCOTT ABC ALL TOGETHER.

There was Reaper, Flashfoward, Kings, 666 Park Ave., The Gates, just to name a few of the AWSOME shows that could’ve been. It’s seems to me that the majority of the shows have been SCI-FI, and I guess there’s an Excec. On top that hates all that use your brain and imagination crap, and takes it off as soon as its put on, no matter what kind of fallowing there is. It’s awful, it’s infuriating, and its stupid. So no I will not be watching ABC again no matter how interesting and good the show looks, because that just means that it will soon be canceled and we we’ll be left with the likes of The bachelor and stupid show where B List celeberitys dive from a diving board into a swimming pool’ OMG WTF! I GUESS IT NEEDLESS TO SAY I HATE ABC!

7. omeca says:

Damn I like this show. ABC is tripping.

8. John Cobb says:

This is ridiculous it was a great show maybe ABC should try advertising the show better when its running instead of 2 months in advance and hope everyone remembers

9. Mary says:

Bring back zero hour it didn’t even get a chance. I actually liked the show thought this might finally be a replacement for my Lost Void! Geez all these stupid thoughtless shows that keep running and never get canceled and should be! They hardly advertised this show, could of been one of the problems.

10. Vicky says:

I really enjoyed this show. Every good show is always cancelled.

11. Erika Fowler says:

How was a brand new show supposed to complete at the same time slot as Big Bang? First they premiered on a night that it meant for people to not watch TV, gave it the time slot of Thursdays at 8 pm in competition with Big Bang , then only gave it three chances- sorry I know there is no cursing but WTF? I also wonder – I tape things and don’t watch them at the proper time slot, so does that not count as part of the ratings? If it doesn’t then there is your problem right there! 75% of people tape and watch later these days. You cannot possibly tell me that Wife Swap and Shark Tank (2 ridiculous shows that I would never watch) have enough viewers to keep that CRAP on TV -again WTF!?!

• Valerie says:

I fully agree with you Erika!!! It needs a different time slot! I don’t know about you, but I am sick of reality shows.

12. terry says:

ABC always be cancelling. Right when things get interesting.

13. Staci says:

can’t believe this great show with thought provoking material was cancelled and replaced with re-runs of shark tank and wife swap. once you see one, you have seen them all. and to think this is the same network that has though it is a great idea to air a show about celebrities diving into a swimming pool. This has become the last straw… no more ABC shows for me!

14. Valerie says:

This could be like a Seinfeld. It just needs to find its audience. Zero Hour should be given more than just three episodes. Try a different time slot. It’s actually one of the better shows out there. Sick of reality shows.

15. Valerie says:

People this day and age do not have patience. Everything is quick and self gratifying. Zero hour is like a novel, you need to sit down with it, absorb it, let your mind think outside the box. Nowadays people just want a quick text, no novel.. they don’t know what they are missing. The bottom-line is Zero Hour needs to find its audience & a different time slot.

16. stoney creek gypsy says:

Seinfeld was not appreciated at first either…

I thought Zero Hour had more imagination than anything that has come along in a long time! It’s always my favorites that get the ax.
    I liked 666 also!

17. stoney creek gypsy says:

Oh, sorry! I was typing when someone else thought of Seinfeld…

18. Jena says:

Are you kidding me!??!!! I’m super disappointed! I’ve been hooked on Zero Hour since I first saw it advertised. I was waiting for it to come out, and it finally did, only to be yanked away 3 episodes later!! Ouch ABC.. that hurts! Big mistake…HUGE!

19. shell says:

Mark-read your earlier comments-thanks for info.I disagree,though,about comments about Anthony Edwards-like him.Good actor.And yes,I like looking at hot guys,but every smart girl knows intelligence and niceness make a good guy look hot.His character was REAL.
    Years ago,people were concerned regular t.v. shows were ‘dumbing down’ people.If only they knew what was to come-stupid,fake’reality’shows.If this show had been aired on the Space or Show channel,it would have fared so much better,with a fair chance of finding its legs.All the regular networks are making a ton of money by airing shows with low overhead-reality shows that are cheap to produce-other than what is being paid to ‘celebrity’judges.The only way to bring more quality shows to air is if viewers stop watching reality shows.Even I watch a couple.But,a lot of them are a serious brain-drain.I guess the best we can do is hope that any potentially good new shows in the future will try to be picked up on a network that will give them a chance.A and E,Bravo,Space,Showcase-thanks for some interesting shows.

20. casey says:

i love zero hour. they shouldnt have cancellee it so quickly. for goodness sakes it was only the beginning. and on top of that you bring in the most dumbest more ridiculous show SPLASH on. zero hour lures you in,it makes you think ‘ wow what if this did happen ‘ its a mystery a twist a really great show. i wish there were more shows like zero hour that could not only educate all age groups about history but also be an adventure at home. i hope you play out the rest of the season or at least another channel picks it up. if people rather watch splash or even a retarded show real world why cant we have zero hour back.

21. paul says:

Please put all shows on a CD for sale or on line for people to see I liked the show

22. Michael says:

Zero Hour could easily be marked as a sleeper; marketing and scheduling are to blame. The show could have been a hit on either a Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday time frame. Here’s a hint: How many times has it been watched on Xfinity/Comcast on demand?

23. Patty says:

Loved the show at our house. Watched it with my 18 year old son. Can’t believe it is cancelled and replaced with shark tank and wife swap. Really????

24. sam says:

It was a really interesting show and just getting started could have at least let the season play out !!!

25. Strato caster says:

Sick and tired of shows I like getting canceled. From now on i am going to dvr the first season or two before watching. I will delete them If they are canceled before then.

26. shyber200 says:

are u for reall!!! this is a great series and abc just casue it didnt got enough raitings it got taken off? wow really great job abc, it really shows what u really care for. with is not the viewers… so whatever i’ll make sure of not watching any more abs’s. there are more station out there. so poo on u abc.

27. Neil Potsch says:

I really miss this one show from the early 90s called: “America’s Funniest People”. I never really liked America’s Funniest Home Videos, because it wasn’t funny, I didn’t like the theme song to America’s Funniest Home Videos (Bob Saget nor Tom Bergeron’s version of America’s Funniest Home Videos). I really want ABC to bring America’s Funniest People back on the air, & America’s Funniest Home Videos to get cancelled. Just because they don’t make certain shows anymore, does not mean they can’t bring it back., Because everything old nowadays is becoming new again.

28. zone says:

bring the dam show back,,, you dumb ass abc executives!

29. Leah Richter says:

I am really picky about what I watch-maybe that’s the problem. But the other shows I love are solid. The problem with the networks is they dont wait long enough for things to catch on. Also, I just think its wrong to get us all involved then drop it. We’re ONLY 5 million people. Seriously? This is the only series I recorded and saved every one cause I wanted to share it with people. I thought it was intelligent and well acted. I am totally bummed!

30. Jeff says:

Typical…Networks cancel good shows and keep the crap.

31. joseph says:

Everyone in my family loved that show and you need to put Zero Hour back on TV NOW!!!!!!
    It was the best show on Television I promise you. good shows = Canceled how dumb is that . and yeah I pissed off.

32. Rick August says:

Just watched the three shows that aired. Sad the network shot this show down

33. Pamela says:

I think ABC should get all new managers, etc. They are cancelling the best shows and leaving people hanging. When they took the daytime drama shows off the air, I hoped everyone would choose to boycott them. Now, they start a great evening show, that isn’t a reality, talk, or nonsense show, and only run it a few weeks and leave all their watchers hanging. ABC DOESN’T CARE ABOUT IT’S VIEWERS!!!! After this little game of ABC, I won’t be watching any other shows. I personally don’t want to watch any show that I would look forward to the next episode, just to be left hanging. What is next. They will show a movie and deside to cancel it in the middle because enough people aren’t watching it at that time???? HELLO….MOST EVERYONE HAS ON DEMAND OR PLAYBACK. MEANING,,,,ABC,,,PEOPLE ARE BUSY SOMETIMES AND WANT TO SEE GOOD SHOWS WHEN THEY HAVE TIME TO RELAX…..Someone needs to clean house at ABC and put some new management in. They didn’t even give this show a chance to make it..AND, I AM SURE IT WOULD. Maybe FX should pick it up. Seems they do have all the great shows and give the shows a chance and show better trailers on commercials to promote their shows and care about their viewers…..ABC, Get a Clue!

34. Len Morellini says:

I live in Australia and can only get access to these types of shows by downloading them, so far it seems I only love shows that are cancelled. Been caught too many times getting interested in shows, watching a few episodes or even a full season only to have the show cancelled. I wonder if the ratings covers people like me who download the shows? I can see a catch 22 where a lot more shows will be cancelled as people are not going to invest the time in new shows in the chance they are cancelled, preferring to wait till the full season comes out on BR or DVD or a full season can be downloaded….ratings will be poor for new shows and thus they are cancelled. How stupid are TV programmers, they should commit to a full season at least so the public know they can finish what they start watching. It’s like stopping a movie mid way and saying only half the audience is interested at this point so everyone has to leave. Stupid is as Stupid does.

35. Mel says:

I just found Zero Hour on Hulu. Don’t have cable but remember seeing a few ads I must have seen somewhere. I finally started watching it on Hulu only to find out it’s been canceled. I think the reality is with the economy, they don’t want to invest in the shows and when they see bad ratings they see money loss and pull the plugs. It’s all about money and ratings. If there aren’t good ratings, no money they pull it before any show has time to flourish. It may have been a slow starter but might have been something with high ratings in the end. So sad!

36. The reason these excellent television shows don’t attract and hold viewers is because they require higher than normal intelligence in order to follow what’s happening and remember it all through multiple episodes and seasons. They require a lot of brain power and concentration.

Those of us who like these types of shows are in the minority. There are not enough of us to bring in the ratings, hence, they get cancelled.

Even a mindless zombie can watch one of those horrendous reality shows as they require absolutely no brain power.

At least we have AMC and FX. They give us great shows that require that extra bit of thought and they are considered major hits with only 2-3 million viewers!

37. Kathy Snow says:

You know what stinks? Is that these TV networks go off of the Nielsen ratings. Only a few homes in each neighborhood are selected. (A meter is installed in your home.) So say there are 50 homes in your area and only 10 get selected. And of those 10, 8 dislike the show. Makes sense, right? I think not. Nielsen is just another one of those huge companies that are probably getting kickbacks from the networks. And the networks are only looking to line their pockets.

38. Brenda says:

Bring it back…. you didn’t even give it a chance to get off the ground. We do not watch any of the reality shows and really appreicate those shows that stimulate our grey cells.

39. i cant believe they cancled this show cause it was really really good. I hate 666 park ave compared to this show that had suspense and action. and the whole idea behind hitler and albert einstien was crazy… I think they were looking for a young dermographics and unfortunatly they were going by the 18-40 age group what about the rest that are over 40 dont the count for anything. they should put the show back or sell it to another network so that we can continuie watching it. i know that its airing in canada and they only made 13 episodes i tried to watch it on there canadian channel and for some reason we cant to that blows. any way had to vent on the show it was one of my favorites oh well

40. florin says:

i m from romania , zero is a good mouvie i not understanding why abc stop …..is like a paint by leonardo da vinci …if she dont have ratting put on fire???????????????????????????????? is americans stupid people?????????evrery mouvie is art pure art ……example i like buster keaton….is unforgetable…..please go to work and create more episodes…..

41. Sare says:

Not cool ABC, I was really enjoying this show. And had been telling people to go watch it…now they’re like there is no show!

42. We really liked this show why did they take it off air right in the middle? Now I will never see the end and our whole family of eight viewers will never see it.

43. shakeh says:

it’s a sad day when wife swap gets more rating than a decent tv series like zero hour

44. Kristen Hurtado says:

Good time to email network and ask them to pay rest of ones already taped or have another network take it over, I say let your voice be heard……

45. LaDonna Guerra says:

I hate that they cancelled this show!! I LOVED it!! Every episode kept you wanting more!! It was so great to have a real series insted of all this “reality” crap!! BRING IT BACK!!

46. mary says:

WE NEED THE SHOW BACK ON THE AIR, WE LOVED IT.

47. Teresa says:

Why do the networks do this? I loved this show! So not fair

48. Nikeira says:

Are you serious, how dare abc put a good show a very good show on air just to take it away from us! You put all these stupid idiotic shows on there and you wonder while you ratings are so low!!! I’m only 14.5 and I have better since then you all. So please bring ZERO HOUR back!!!

Ps. You didn’t even give people enough time to discover it and really who puts an audience, the ones you won’t to watch these shows in suspicion, you didn’t even tell us it was cancelled, I mean who does that! And if you won’t good ratings you should put the show back on cause trust me, it’s good if a 14.5 year old is willing to watch it!!!!!

49. Ok…so first I would like to say – Zero Hour was intelligently written, well acted and a show I was excited to see play out. Brought me back to some previous tv shows that had fantastic writing like Chicago Hope, Picket Fences…Gilmore Girls.

What I don’t understand is why studios bale excellent “sleeper” hits prematurely. I expected at least 4 seasons of this story line. Zero Hour brought our beloved “Goose” and the endearing “Dr. Mark Greene”; Mr. Anthony Edwards back to the small screen. I was never able to watch the show at its scheduled time, but had my PVR set to record. When there were no episodes to watch, I presumed they were on a break…recently I began to suspect cancellation. Sure enough a quick Google search confirmed it.

ABC made a mistake in my opinion. If viewers could bring shows back like Star Trek in the 60′s, I would most definately sign that petition!

Thanks for the opportunity to voice my thoughts.

50. L. Gagne says:

You know ABC just doesn’t get it! How can any show go against the big guns? You have to put it in a time slot against a low rated reality sow. I hat them but loved Zero Hour. ABC get a brain. Do the right thing and put Zero Hour back in the rotation and give your audiences what they want!