It's True: Drop Dead Diva Cheats Death, Scores Season 5 Renewal From Lifetime

Get More: Renewals

dddThe diva still has a pulse!

Six weeks after Lifetime pulled the plug on Drop Dead Diva, the network has renewed the dramedy for a fifth season.

PHOTOS | 25 Shows We’d Remake or Revive Now

According to our sister site Deadline, which first broke the news, Diva‘s producer Sony TV came up with a more feasible “financial model” for the show, paving the way for Lifetime’s about-face.

Thoughts? Are you enjoying this TV’s new un-cancellation trend (see also AMC’s The Killing, Fox’s Breaking In, etc)?

Comments (85)

• Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Comment by Cathy – April 6, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST NEWS EVER! I WANT FRED BACK TOO!!

Comment by veronica – April 6, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just found out today that Drop Dead Diva has been re-newed for it’s 5th
    season…..I can’t put in to words how HAPPY I am!!!!! I got soooo many of
    the girls I work out with to follow it and we were so sad when we heard Lifetime
    had cancelled the best show on TV, BUT now we can’t be happier. Thank
    you Lifetime….looking forward to Season 5…..

Comment by Diane Foghino – May 23, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW. Television is supposed to be entertaining. Most of the stupid shows on now are reality crap or blood, guts, and killing. I want to watch the tv to be amused and Drop Dead Diva does that. Thanks for changing your mind.

Comment by sher batts – May 28, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean drop dead diva has a season 5 coming out? I hope it does I love te show!!

Comment by Gorgon – May 31, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, i think that i saw you visited my website so i got here to go
    back the favor?.I am attempting to in finding issues to enhance my site!
    I assume its adequate to use some of your concepts!

!

Comment by Kaos Sablon Berkualitas – June 21, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cell – Hub upgrade Phone prices are best and lowest in the market.
    First way: The first way to get these free items are from Lockerz.
    XBOX 360 : Available from under $200, the Xbox 360 enables users to view content from numerous providers on their TV.

Comment by free xbox live gold membership – June 22, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay, im so excited that my show is back! thank you

Comment by normies – June 30, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very happy to see drop dead diva brought back! The story line is great, the writer’s are great! The story line is ripe, for so many twists and turns, with room for other cast members to enter and leave and reenter as time passes! GREAT WORK keep up the charm and Intrigue!!! Micheal L. Brown

Comment by Micheal Lewis Brown Sr. – July 1, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that she came back. I also love the way she flips her hair back with a toss of her head. It is also nice to see a lg. woman dress so classy, not in flip flops and big baggy clothes .She really is a sexy looking gal. KEEP THIS PROGRAM ON!! We all need a little light hearted fantasy in our life, along with some humor.

Comment by Delores Bronner – November 24, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post