Pilot Scoop: SYTYCD Champ Tapped to Play Emma Roberts' BFF in Fox's Delirium

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Delirium Fox Pilot Cast Jeanine MasonSo You Think You Can Dance champ-turned-Bunheads actress Jeanine Mason has joined Fox’s forbidden love drama pilot Delirium, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Your Complete 2013 Pilot Season Guide: Get the Scoop on All of Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Penned by executive producer Karyn Usher (Prison Break), Delirium is based on Lauren Oliver’s bestselling young adult novels about an alternate present where love is deemed illegal and is able to be eradicated with a surgical procedure dubbed The Cure.

The rub: Young Lena Holoway — played by Emma Roberts — does the unthinkable and falls for a cop (Secret Life of the American Teenager‘s Daren Kagasoff) with 95 days to go until her treatment.

Mason will play Lena’s BFF Hana.

The cast also includes The Closer‘s Corey Reynolds and The Killing’s Billy Campbell.

Comments (19)

• I thought in the book Hana had blonde hair? oh well. I like her in Bunheads so I’m not too upset about the casting choice.

Comment by Elyse – March 1, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She does have blonde hair, so hopefully they’ll have her dye her hair. But at least she fits the description of being prettier than Lena.

Comment by Jaime – March 2, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is nothing wrong with this choice. All they would have to do is make her blond, problem solved. 😊But I do really hope that fox doesn’t change the whole book! :( I’m looking forward to this show being number 1!

Comment by Sam – April 2, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another one named show that will fail

Comment by forwarddad – March 1, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sounds pretty lame, but i love jeanine so i hope it’s good

Comment by Dani – March 1, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i was so excited about this pilot until they started casting. another no.

Comment by riley – March 1, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • right???

Comment by Elyse – March 1, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My feelings exactly. Seriously disappointed.

Comment by Molly – March 3, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her, I really wish bunheads got renewed

Comment by Juan – March 1, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • was it canceled??

Comment by Elyse – March 1, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hopefully this is in 2nd position to Bunheads. If not this casting could signal the end :(

Comment by JJ – March 1, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, she wasn’t a regular on Bunheads, and I think that her character moved around a lot. Even if this is in first position, I don’t think it should matter much for the show.

Comment by a – March 1, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Noooooooo! Please, no!

Comment by Sheila – March 1, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her character on Bunheads is really annoying. Is she supposed to be incestuously involved with Frankie, since she doesn’t want him with any other girls?

Comment by Heathers – March 1, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s not true, remember she gave Ginny a clue about how to get Frankie in the backpack the night of the fire? But I agree, it seemed slightly incestuous. I certainly hope Ricky is a better actor away from The Secret Life. Every single actor is so wooden on that show. All they do is spout lines at each other, and not very good ones at that. Say a line, repeat, reapeat, repeat. Hopefully it was just the writing. I love hate watching that show!

Comment by Mel – March 2, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh can’t stand her on Bunheads, I was kinda interested in this new show but with this casting choice I may rethink it.

Comment by sara – March 1, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like they’re really going for actors that teenyboppers will flock to, which makes me seriously question the writing of the show.

Comment by Molly – March 3, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont know how i feel about Alex being a cop, in the book he is more of a security guard and then he isnt mentioned to having another job really… Fox better no mess this up

Comment by amber – March 25, 2013 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a bit iffy on this because I remember in the books, Hana having blonde hair was kind of a big deal. After seeing how the casting is going, it seems like FOX is not going for a one-off adaptation from book to TV. As much as I want to fiercely protect the original material, I know that it would be imposible to do so completely. It’s sad seeing some of the changes to the world of Delirium, but there are many creative people in the world and I trust that FOX will take our precious stories and create a great TV show! Can’t wait!

Comment by Erin – March 26, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post