Pilot Scoop: Leverage Cat Burglar Walks Off With Role in CBS' The Surgeon General

The Surgeon General CBS Pilot Casts Beth RiesgrafFormer Leverage pickpocket Beth Riesgraf is entering the medical profession as one of the stars of CBS’ Surgeon General drama pilot, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get the Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s in Them

The project, which will revolve around “America’s doctor” (as played by Awake‘s Jason Isaacs), is being written and produced by Lie to Me creator Samuel Baum.

Riesgraf will play microorganisms expert Dr. Page Wyatt.

Criminal Minds fans will recognize Riesgraf as Reid’s mystery girlfriend from earlier this season.

1. Ella B. says:

Parker!

2. @heather_kaye says:

PARKER!!!

3. Pickles says:

Yawn. Can CBS do anything besides doctor, lawyer, and cop shows?

• jmc000 says:

that’s what the majority of your average american nielsen household likes to watch that and by the book sitcoms

• Alex says:

I guess they can pickles, but if they did it would get cancelled like 99% of shows that arent about doctors, lawyers or cops, that’s all actually most of what we watch, realised that a while ago, how d’you think pushing daisies, wonder falls, moonlight, persons unknown, new amsterdam and all those shows with a bit of originality got cancelled?, we didn’t watch them, that’s how,if we did we’d have some amazing shows still around, that’s not to say cop/lawyer/doctor shows aren’t great,they are, but maybe we could actually try to watch something else from time to time, but that’s just me, I could be wrong

4. Tedi says:

YAY! Love her to bits =D

5. chrissy says:

Yea! Will watch Beth R in anything–and also big fan of Jason Isaac (loved his last show) and also really (mostly) like Lie to Me. Looking forward to this big time.

6. Fiona says:

@MichaelAusiello you have dashed the hopes of all #Leverage fans. I hope you’re proud of yourself, Mikey!!

7. zaza says:

While the idea of watching a medical drama doesn’t appeal to me, when it stars Jason Isaacs as well as Beth Riesgraf (Parker!), I may have to check it out.

8. Kelly says:

A boring role for a boring and bland actress.

• Belladhanna says:

Actually Kelly Beth is very talented. Yea I know you’re entitled to your opinion, but she’s very versitile. I loved her character on Leverage and it was fun watching that character grow and mature. I enjoyed the arc she did on Criminal Minds also and her short film was very interesting. I’m sure you’ve already made up your mind, but you may want to look into her work a little bit more before you judge her bland. :D

9. Ana says:

Gosh, love Parker so I will have to check this out…

10. Mauve says:

Yay for Parker!

11. Alan says:

well now i have to watch it because beth is in it, no matter how bad the premise is. i would rather she headline her own show though, she deserves it.

12. John says:

I had absolutly ZERO interest in watching a show about the Surgeon General (seriously, CBS?) but I just love Riesgraf so now I will have to watch.

13. JBC says:

Beth R. would be the only reason I would check out a medical drama. Congrats “Parker”, sure miss Leverage.

14. Anna says:

So I guess that means Leverage is over… for real… no other network, no spin-off, nothing. That’s sad : (

15. Beth AND Jason? I’M IN!!! I’d watch it!

16. Mel says:

Gah, I’m so torn. I love Beth and Jason, but 1)I agree with the above poster about having my hopes dashed about much possibly being done for Leverage in the future, 2) I don’t usually watch medical dramas because by the end of the show I’m convinced I have some new illness because I’m neurotic, and 3) it’s another show where Jason Isaacs isn’t allowed to be British (I love his real accent!). I guess I’ll give it a try.

• Lacey says:

I kept hoping there would be a Leverage spin-off involving Elliot, Parker, and Hardison. So I agree that it’s kind of sad to find out that my hopes are dashed. I wish Beth Riesgraf the best and I hope The Surgeon General is a hit.

17. Belladhanna says:

Ok, so the series may be ‘offically’ offically over. I know we were all hoping for a restart somewhere else, but don’t forget DEAN DEVLIN *IS* the producer of Leverage and The Librarian moves were excellent. I’m sure there will be Leverage movies down the line. Three or four two hour Leverage movies??! Hell Yes I’m in! :D

18. Andi says:

Two of my favorite actors–Beth Reisgraf and Jason Isaacs. If I can’t have Leverage and Awake, I’ll gladly take a shot at this. And Aldis Hodge has a pilot too!

19. Kay Lohman says:

Congrats Beth!!!!! I’ll always be a devoted fan of all the Leverage cast!!!! Watching y’all do your thing, will be like watching my children grow and prosper in life’s ever changing paths!!! But, I will never give up the hope and dream of a Leverage reunion!!!! Love y’all to bits!!!!!!!