Glee's 'Most Intense' Mystery Is Solved! Plus: Resolution to the Rachel-Finn-Brody Triangle?

glee lea michele creepGlee fans who follow series star Lea Michele’s Twitter account got a heads up earlier this week that difficult times lie ahead for her ambitious college freshman Rachel Berry: “That was one of the longest and most intense days at Glee I’ve had in a long time! I’m beat!,” she announced. “This scene I’m shooting…requires lots and lots of crying. At first it’s therapeutic. Then it just becomes exhausting!”

RELATED | Glee Scoop: Will ‘Quinntana’ Continue?

Considering that a day earlier, Michele retweeted a photo from executive producer Ryan Murphy of herself and costar Dean Geyer, titled “Creep Drama” (inserted into this post, above), it raised two serious questions: Is Rachel about to split from her live-in upperclassman lover (who may or may not be moonlighting as an escort)? And was Murphy hinting at a certain rock ballad with his caption?

“I’ve always wanted to do that Radiohead song, ‘Creep,’” Murphy revealed at Wednesday night’s PaleyFest Icon Award presentation in his honor. “And [Radiohead] has been really lovely, saying that when we had [an appropriate] story, we’d talk about it.” Suffice to say that Murphy found the right arc in which to introduce the ditty, and got the band’s approval.

PHOTOS | 25 Songs We Want Glee to Sing

“Lea had to sing ['Creep'] — which is a hard song — for half a day. It’s very operatic,” Murphy went on to explain, while declining to say how exactly the tune is being utilized. “She was brilliant in it, as always,” he added. “She always gives her all to things like that.”

Still, given that Glee‘s most recently aired episode, “I Do,” hinted at Brody’s, um, extracurricular activities and found Rachel and Finn falling back into bed together, we wondered if Michele’s on-screen waterworks mean a possible resoultion to the Finn/Rachel/Brody triangle. “Ummm…half of that will be resolved, yes,” Murphy answered, with a laugh. “I can’t get all of these couples together! [Laughs] Everybody always wants me to, but you’ve got to wait until the finale of the show, right? [Or] maybe not that long…”

Finchel ‘shippers, do with that what you will. Everyone else, hit the comments with your thoughts on how the season — and Rachel’s love life — will play out. –Reporting by Megan Masters

1. Mama says:

It’s Brody’s! Once he finds out he’ll be torn

2. Louise says:

Technically Brody wasn’t her ‘boyfriend’ as such and even though I am a Finchel fan, I’ve loved this season. I’ve loved the way Rachel has grown in NYC and how the show has concentrated a lot on her friendships, particularly with Kurt and Santana and how she’s got a new enemy. Season 4 has been a clever season and I’ve loved the way it’s turned out so far. Yes it’s clear Finchel is the endgame, but that has always been the case, I think it was evident Brody wouldn’t be Finn’s replacement in her life. Gee, relax people Brody was a bit of fun and Rachel needed that after her first relationship was so serious. It’s not the end of the world, yes there have been some wacky decisions in season 4, and it has lacked Sue/Will/Emma but it still worked and I’ve loved the addition of NY and the new additions to the New Directions..

3. Ella says:

Why would Rachel be singing Creep? Surely it should be Brody?

4. Evy says:

I thought it was hinting to her maybe being pregnant..?? she took a test in the bathroom and then was crying.. or maybe std’s cause they have home tests now too.. and she knows brody to be the only one that could have given it to her.. or if shes pregnant.. she wouldnt know who was the father…

• Sarah says:

“she knows brody to be the only one that could have given it to her” — Uh, Finn could have given her an STD as well? Not sure I follow your thought on that one.

5. Lori says:

I only watch Glee for Finchel so I won’t miss Brody though I think Dean Geyer did a good job. I HATE the idea of Rachel being pregnant though! This is the girl who talked birth control to the celibacy club in season one so I can’t believe she’d be careless. (Yes, I know no bc is 100% effective but every unplanned pregnancy I’ve seen was due to operator erro)

Plus, I liked independent trying to grow Rachel and Rachel with values – this new Rachel doesn’t always feel authentic to me. The pregnancy storyline just irks me! I can’t see Rachel having a child and giving it up for adoption knowing what it was like for her to have Shelby give her up not once but twice. I can’t see her giving her up dreams by having a kid and you know she would be. I’d like to see the test be wrong or actually be negative or see her have an abortion but I don’t think Murphy has the guts for her to have an abortion. If Rachel ends up pregnant then Glee will have officially jumped the shark!

6. Jeanine says:

FINCHEL FOREVER

7. Lindsey says:

I guess that means that Rachael isn’t pregnant then??? She was taking a pregnancy test at the end of the last episode.
    And when is Glee starting to air again??

8. frankly, i couldnt care less about finchel. sure, its be cool if they go back together, but im more interested in KLAINE! i really hope they get back together and ASAP! =]

9. Marco says:

An amazing song wasted on the FinBrochel Drama Lama. Newsflash RIB: you might think Rachel (and Blaine for that matter) are relatable, likeable heroes. You couldn’t be more wrong. Can they all exit stage left?

10. Freya says:

Ummm…..does anyone remember the end of the last show??? We might find out Rach is pregnant and doesn’t know who the father is! That will change a lot of things! If that’s the case, though, I’ll be a bit annoyed because I feel like they played out the pregnancy thing with Quinn. Rachel is supposed to be smarter than that. I do agree that Brodie needs to take a hike!

11. well i think that rachele and finn should be together and i also think that the baby is finns so again they should try to be together and please get rid of brody his a gigalo or if you like a male pro . also please bring back together klaine the show is not the same without them together and blaine did ask kurt if he could aply to nyadawhich would have them together in nyc which is what they planed anyway .please bring these to couplesback together before the final of season 4 i think it would be the purfect way to end the season

12. Adam says:

Dear god no, Finchel are gonna be back together aren’t they and just completely ruin Rachel’s storyline, she’s so much better without Finn. Their individual stories have been much better and actually made me kind of like Finn and now they’re gonna ruin it. Much prefer Brochel too.

13. Sarah says:

I live in the Uk and I am loving Season 4 of Glee. I was worried it would not work with the NY and Ohio storylines but in my opinion it does!!

Brody is a good character to have however I really hope he’s not the babies Daddy.

We are only up to Swan Song here but I have loved most episodes and I love the new characters of Marley and Jake – fab.
    The chemistry between Marley and Jake is great as is the chemistry between Rachael and Finn.

For me the only downside is Kate Hudson’s character , would be nice to see a softer side of her.

Love Glee x

14. Emma Sue Harris says:

No, I think Rachel needs to be over Finn. I’m over Finchel! I used to like Brody but honestly, I’m sick of seeing drama in her love life. Give me other kinds of drama! Too many love triangles, Ryan. AS LONG AS KLAINE STAYS, IM GOOD.

15. oldergleefan says:

I have been a huge Glee fan since halfway through season 1, but I do not think that this whole Rachel pregnancy thing is realistic. from the beginning rachel has had 1 thing on her mind and that is to become a big star, and the writers expect us to believe that she would be so careless with birth control as to get pregnant and ruin her dreams? I just don’t see it.
    My guess is that she’ll end up having a miscarriage. I’m just can’t wait for Rachel and Finn to get back together, because we all know that they will :-)

16. alice says:

I’m a Finn fan and I hope he never gets back with Rachel. I want Finn to find success in his life and a sweet girl who loves him for him.

• carolyn speaers says:

You’re wrong!!!! Rachel loves finn for himself. She has loved him since day 1. They belong together period.

17. WTF says:

I can’t with some of the Rachel fans here. They only like Rachel’s boyfriends when they are endlessly propping her up with compliments and applause. They liked Brody because he was a non-character, just a paper-thin Rachel Berry Applause machine. They even love narcissistic tools like Jesse St James because they think he props up her “talent” And yeah, Finn is also a tool and an idiot. But God forbid the idiot if he thinks about his own plans for his future and dare to ask Rachel for a compromise. He is Satan Incarnated.

• carolyn speaers says:

Finn is not an idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I happen to like Finn very much.He is a great addition to the cast even if nat as a student.Him and Rachel make a better couple, than brody and rachel.

18. Sorry I’m going to repeat myself.Finn and Mr. Shue have to fix their problems and become best friend again.

19. Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!|

20. NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I CANNOT STAND THAT DUDE.

21. I used to be able to find good info from your articles.%7

22. jen says:

I think Rachel n fin should get back together, a lovely couple since glee started. Rachel should tell brody guy to sling his hook cuz 1. he’s ugly n a slut. I hope Rachel pregnant with fins but other side I hope she’s not preggers cuz her carreer. with people disrespecting Rachel should shut their mouths yeah, she’s feeling in a many emotional. that all I got to say.: )

23. Joey Banda says:

I love you finn your so hot I want you and Rachel to be together

24. Kizi Games says:

I’ve been browsing on-line more than 3 hours lately, yet I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It’s lovely value sufficient
    for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the internet will
    likely be a lot more useful than ever before.