All My Children without Adam Chandler was like peanut butter without jelly or Buffy without Angel. Thankfully, that will no longer be the case when the revived soap hits (computer) screens again this spring.
Prospect Park has confirmed that five-time Daytime Emmy winner David Canary will reprise his role as Pine Valley’s ruthless patriarch in the series’ upcoming iTunes/Hulu relaunch.
Canary joins previously announced returnees Julia Barr (Brooke), Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard), Debbi Morgan (Angela Hubbard), Vincent Irizarry (David Hayward), Lindsay Hartley (Cara Castillo Martin), Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin Castillo), Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt) and Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater).
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Scrubs vet John C. McGinley has joined his former boss Bill Lawrence‘s TBS comedy pilot Ground Floor. Per Deadine, the prospective workplace series follows a 29-year-old alpha male who crosses paths with his company’s carefree support staff. McGinley has been cast as the boss, Mr. Mansfield.
• In other TBS pilot news, Deadline reports that Melora Hardin (The Office) has joined Do It Yourself, a comedy project from Walt Becker and Rob Long. Hardin, too, will play the boss in the pilot that centers a laid-off math teacher who finds himself working at a home-supply store.
• Mary Kay Place (Big Love) has been tapped to play Bryan’s estranged mom in an upcoming episode of The New Normal, TVGuide.com reports.
• Esquire Network (formerly known as G4) has acquired the rights to air Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, debuting episodes one week after they run on NBC. The series is set to launch April 24 on the revamped cabler.
• FX has renewed its animated comedy Archer for a 13-episode fifth season.
• West Wing alum Allison Janney will guest-star in five episodes of Showtime’s upcoming Masters of Sex. The Emmy winner will play Margaret Scully, wife of Beau Bridges’ Barton Scully. The drama about real-life sex researchers William Masters and Virginia Johnson bows Sunday, Sept. 29 at 10 pm.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?