TVLine Items: AMC Relaunch Adds David Canary, Scrubs Vet Joins Bill Lawrence Pilot and More!

All My Children SpoilersAll My Children without Adam Chandler was like peanut butter without jelly or Buffy without Angel. Thankfully, that will no longer be the case when the revived soap hits (computer) screens again this spring.

Prospect Park has confirmed that five-time Daytime Emmy winner David Canary will reprise his role as Pine Valley’s ruthless patriarch in the series’ upcoming iTunes/Hulu relaunch.

RELATED | All My Children Exclusive: Alicia Minshew Weighs In on Relaunch — Will ‘Zendall’ Reunite?

Canary joins previously announced returnees Julia Barr (Brooke), Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard), Debbi Morgan (Angela Hubbard), Vincent Irizarry (David Hayward), Lindsay Hartley (Cara Castillo Martin), Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin Castillo), Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt) and Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater).

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Scrubs vet John C. McGinley has joined his former boss Bill Lawrence‘s TBS comedy pilot Ground Floor. Per Deadine, the prospective workplace series follows a 29-year-old alpha male who crosses paths with his company’s carefree support staff. McGinley has been cast as the boss, Mr. Mansfield.

RELATED | TBS Sets Premiere Dates for Men at Work, Donald Faison’s Who Gets the Last Laugh?

• In other TBS pilot news, Deadline reports that Melora Hardin (The Office) has joined Do It Yourself, a comedy project from Walt Becker and Rob Long. Hardin, too, will play the boss in the pilot that centers a laid-off math teacher who finds himself working at a home-supply store.

• Mary Kay Place (Big Love) has been tapped to play Bryan’s estranged mom in an upcoming episode of The New Normal, TVGuide.com reports.

Esquire Network (formerly known as G4) has acquired the rights to air Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, debuting episodes one week after they run on NBC. The series is set to launch April 24 on the revamped cabler.

FX has renewed its animated comedy Archer for a 13-episode fifth season.

• West Wing alum Allison Janney will guest-star in five episodes of Showtime’s upcoming Masters of Sex. The Emmy winner will play Margaret Scully, wife of Beau Bridges’ Barton Scully. The drama about real-life sex researchers William Masters and Virginia Johnson bows Sunday, Sept. 29 at 10 pm.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Kelly says:

yes to adam chandler.

• Gillian says:

AMC is not AMC without Adam Chandler! Glad he’s returning!

• Eli says:

AMC is not AMC without Susan Lucci. AMC IS Susan Lucci for chrissake. Unless she’s back on the show, I’m afraid I can’t bring myself to watch. My heart would ache so much for the diva that’s been brightening daytime screens since 1970.

2. Erin says:

Eden Riegel is also back on AMC as Bianca… it’s all over her twitter.

3. Niki says:

Wasn’t Adam murdered?

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

No. Someone made an attempt on Adam’s life, but got Stuart. Then, it was revealed Adam shot “himself” during a drug-induced haze and killed Stuart. But, that was later revealed to be not true, either, as Stuart was alive thanks to David’s Project Orpheus.

4. ann says:

peanut butter & jelly is gross and buffy was way better without angel

5. Britta Unfiltered says:

Weird, he retired a long time before the show was cancelled.

6. Dee says:

Finally allowing myselt to get a tiny bit excited about AMC returning. Curious if they started taping the week and if they are on schedule.

7. xx says:

Buffy was really good without Angel…

8. Scottyb says:

Jill Larson (Opal) and Cady Mcclain (Dixie) have been doing daily updates on their Facebook pages about All My Children. Jill has great pictures and keeps everyone up to date on the cast. I am so glad to David back. It is amazing how many casts members they have added in the last couple of weeks.

9. Eric says:

I’m so excited to see John C. McGinley back on TV. I really hope the show is good.

10. tvdiva says:

I think they are positioning themselves for success! Good casting. It’s a real wow factor that so many actors are jumping on board. . . . . very exciting.

11. bonnie cassidy says:

im so happy all my children is returning, computer , tv i dont care. been watching all my children since the first day it came on and ms. agnes opened the book got the story going and said “and these are all my children”. i was in the army in germany and all we got was general hospital which was 6 months behind. besides seeing my family could not wait to catch up with my story when i finally returned home. i cant wait to see how they work this story out after that sudden, made no sence ending. im so excited cant wait!!!!! signed, bonnie.

12. Ina says:

If Susan Lucci isn’t available then the show must go on. I refuse to not watch because a few stars can’t or won’t return. The cast is exceptional and I’m sure it will do just fine with or with La Lucci. I’m especially glad that David Canary, Jill Larson, Julia Barr, and others have returned! Kudos to Prospect Park!

13. Sharon says:

I am so thrilled AMC is back on. When it went off, it was like losing a close friend. I stayed at home as a stay-home mom, and I wouldn’t go back to teaching if we didn’t get a VCR!

14. People are trying to come back but they have made other committments in the mean time. Some plain just may not, like the actors who play
    tad and Jake, so we just may have to get used to different faces.. Cant have a Dixie without a Tad. Something is better than no show at all…. The only announced replaced actor is for JR, so there’s always hope of a return or replacement…. Susan Lucci will return at some point, she surely wants too. And remember someone got shot !!!!

15. Linda says:

It’s about time, can’t wait for April 29th wish it was sooner. Very excited.
    Thank you prospect park.