Deception First Look: Robert Interrogates Joanna About Her Past — Will She Slip Up?

Get More: First Look, Video

Deception Spoilers Robert Grills JoannaIs Joanna’s own bit of Deception about to be discovered?

Next week on NBC’s freshman drama (Monday, 10/9c) — in the wake of the undercover cop failing a polygraph, “losing” some Bowers Pharmaceutical bucks and drawing further suspicion when it appears she misused Robert’s card key — Joanna is called on the carpet by the CEO/family patriarch and sternly quizzed about her resume.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Needless to say, Robert isn’t casting side-eye at her professed typing speed or Quicken skills. Rather, his line of questioning drills deeper — but will he be able to crack her facade? Press PLAY to see how Joanna handles herself.

Tags: ,

Comments (14)

• I adore Victor Garber, his character is so unpredictable. I’ll be glad once they all know Joanna is a cop, they need to figure out how to move the story past that rapidly aging twist.

Comment by Plum – February 27, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really liking Deception and where the story is going. Obviously this show won’t be renewed for a second season but I’m enjoying it while it lasts.

Comment by Jade – February 27, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree – I hope they just sum it all up in the end – akin to a mini-series… I’ve been enjoying the series but it’s going to be one and done…

Comment by sladewilson – February 27, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree, I hope there is a resolution. The show has definitely gotten better, the last four or five episodes have been great.

Comment by Faster – February 27, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has the show gotten better? The first four episodes were so predictable; and, the acting was laughable

Comment by Julia – February 27, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes the show has gotten better, just watch for next week.

Comment by wilson – February 27, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this show but I feel Meagan Good is the weak link, in an otherwise pretty great cast.

Comment by Alicia – February 27, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. She’s the reason I kind of stopped caring about keeping up with.

Comment by CC – February 27, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like this show. I love Victor Garber, and he’s what drew me to the show in the first place. And I’m glad the episodes have gotten better and better (although last week’s carjacking resolution was not how I would do it…more on that,) but I wish the ratings would increase. I would love to see it renewed, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

As for last week’s carjacking…I’m curious to know what others think…..why didn’t they just call it a carjacking? I was just surprised that the FBI couldn’t twist this to their advantage. The guy that carjacked her had something to do with Vivian’s death. I’d have been curious to see how the family reacted to that. Plus, the Russian dude is dead. How did they explain that if she just had a car accident? Surely the cops found the body, right? And how did the money disappear? Do the cops have it? Did she wander off, call the cops, and just leave it there? Why not let it be a legitimate carjacking where she tried to escape, the guy attacked her, and she killed him. Wouldn’t that garner more sympathy with the family….and cause them to look less into her background? Couldn’t the Federal DA step in on behalf of the FBI and take the case against her, and bury it?

Comment by Alichat – February 27, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have many of the same questions from this episode. I think if they had addressed it as a car jacking it would have progressed the storyline. The reason why this show won’t be renewed will be because of the gaping plot holes.

Comment by missyj – February 27, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you took the words right out of my mouth!

Comment by Christina Grant – February 28, 2013 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope the series gets to wrap up properly. I want to know who killed Vivian (or had her killed) and hopefully they knew a renewal was unlikely and they don’t end on a cliffhanger.

Comment by Mikael – February 27, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am not an NBC fan but I applaud them for having two african americans as leads..now lance goss(an african american)is a lead on one of their fall dramas.I hope more networks would find minorities that are good actors and have them as lead..
    P.s I love deception