Deception First Look: Robert Interrogates Joanna About Her Past -- Will She Slip Up?

Deception Spoilers Robert Grills JoannaIs Joanna’s own bit of Deception about to be discovered?

Next week on NBC’s freshman drama (Monday, 10/9c) — in the wake of the undercover cop failing a polygraph, “losing” some Bowers Pharmaceutical bucks and drawing further suspicion when it appears she misused Robert’s card key — Joanna is called on the carpet by the CEO/family patriarch and sternly quizzed about her resume.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Needless to say, Robert isn’t casting side-eye at her professed typing speed or Quicken skills. Rather, his line of questioning drills deeper — but will he be able to crack her facade? Press PLAY to see how Joanna handles herself.

1. Plum says:

I adore Victor Garber, his character is so unpredictable. I’ll be glad once they all know Joanna is a cop, they need to figure out how to move the story past that rapidly aging twist.

2. Jade says:

I’m really liking Deception and where the story is going. Obviously this show won’t be renewed for a second season but I’m enjoying it while it lasts.

3. Julia says:

Has the show gotten better? The first four episodes were so predictable; and, the acting was laughable

4. Alicia says:

I like this show but I feel Meagan Good is the weak link, in an otherwise pretty great cast.

5. Alichat says:

I really like this show. I love Victor Garber, and he’s what drew me to the show in the first place. And I’m glad the episodes have gotten better and better (although last week’s carjacking resolution was not how I would do it…more on that,) but I wish the ratings would increase. I would love to see it renewed, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

As for last week’s carjacking…I’m curious to know what others think…..why didn’t they just call it a carjacking? I was just surprised that the FBI couldn’t twist this to their advantage. The guy that carjacked her had something to do with Vivian’s death. I’d have been curious to see how the family reacted to that. Plus, the Russian dude is dead. How did they explain that if she just had a car accident? Surely the cops found the body, right? And how did the money disappear? Do the cops have it? Did she wander off, call the cops, and just leave it there? Why not let it be a legitimate carjacking where she tried to escape, the guy attacked her, and she killed him. Wouldn’t that garner more sympathy with the family….and cause them to look less into her background? Couldn’t the Federal DA step in on behalf of the FBI and take the case against her, and bury it?

6. Mikael says:

I just hope the series gets to wrap up properly. I want to know who killed Vivian (or had her killed) and hopefully they knew a renewal was unlikely and they don’t end on a cliffhanger.

7. ruby says:

Am not an NBC fan but I applaud them for having two african americans as leads..now lance goss(an african american)is a lead on one of their fall dramas.I hope more networks would find minorities that are good actors and have them as lead..
    P.s I love deception