The CW Sets Finale Dates: Who's Done First?

The CW Finale Dates: Arrow, Vampire DiariesThe CW on Tuesday became the first broadcast network to unveil their season finale plan for spring, and the annual goodbye tour begins with The Carrie Diaries in early April.

All of the network’s other series, however, will wrap their runs in May (the sweeps period runs April 25 to May 22), with Hart of Dixie leading the way and Nikita bringing up the rear. Thus far, only Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Arrow have been renewed for fall.

(Before anybody asks, ABC, CBS and Fox typically announce their finale schedules in mid- to late March, while NBC last year held out until April.)

All told, The CW’s confirmed finale plan — which was first leaked by The Futon Critic – looks like this:

MONDAY, APRIL 8
8/7c The Carrie Diaries

TUESDAY, MAY 7
8 pm Hart of Dixie

RELATED | Get Scoop on the 8 Pilots The CW Is Considering for Fall

MONDAY, MAY 13
9 pm 90210

TUESDAY, MAY 14
9 pm Cult

RELATED | Supernatural Scoop: Misha Collins to Return as Series Regular for Season 9

WEDNESDAY, MAY 15
8 pm Arrow
9 pm Supernatural

RELATED | TVLine’s Performer of the Week: Nina Dobrev of The Vampire Diaries

THURSDAY, MAY 16
8 pm The Vampire Diaries
9 pm Beauty and the Beast

RELATED | Beauty and the Beast EP Weighs In on Last Week’s [Spoiler], That Scene and What’s Next

FRIDAY, MAY 17
8 pm Nikita

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Travis White says:

I love Arrow and Supernatural as Oliver Queen and Dean act a lot alike. As for the other shows I have never watched any of them. As for shows starting weak and then growing stronger i would have to disagree as The Walking Dead started off strong and continues to get stronger. TVD is Twilight on TV. I will stick to True Blood. The will never be a better vampire show then Buffy. Spike is the right way to portray a vamp. Give me Sons of Anarchy, Arrow,Supernatural,The Walking dead, Breaking Bad, The Following,American Horror Story,Game of Thrones,Big Bang Theory,Criminal Minds and The Mentalist and that is what i call a good week of TV.

• Alan says:

you should check out nikita if you like arrow, its got a similar tone and the action is quite similar as well. as you will see a lot of people on here think arrow would be better paired with nikita. plus its a fantastic show which never stops to amaze me with its plot twists and character depth while never letting the action scenes slack.

2. roula says:

We need second season for beauty and th beast!!!!!

3. Alanna says:

Beauty & The Beast needs to a 2nd season. It has such a big fan base and the show is so addicting. It would be stupid if they cancel it. I can’t go without my weekly VinCat. :)

4. Livvie says:

Beauty & The Beast all the way baby!! It’s the only show I watch on the CW.

5. Monica says:

Beauty & The Beast for a 2nd season. It the best new show of the season. Come on give it a chance CW.

6. Kaylia says:

Definitely Beauty & The Beast. We Beasties need to see the love story of Vincent & Catherine.

7. despoina says:

beauty and the beast !!!! please give this show another season !!!! :)

8. Michelle says:

Beauty & The Beast all the way!!!

9. maria hancock says:

Nikita and 90210 are completely intolerable. I really am rooting for Beauty & the Beast. The cast is fantastic! I admit the pilot was not the best but they have done an excellent job of ramping up & improving the storyline with each episode. it has so much potential and may do better on Tues at 8pm.
    Please watch BatB if you have not. Their doing well of not just making primarily procedural with 5 mins of characters at the beginning and end. Im so tird of that formula & they broke it. #Beasties Rule!!

10. Carrie says:

Beauty and the Beast has continued to get better and better with every episode! The writers have really started to hit their stride with the last few episodes . . . I’ve even started to watch LIVE, and I’m a DVR queen lol! The focus on the characters and their relationships, along with the amazing chemistry that the actors all have together make fun, romantic and suspensfull to watch. I hope that the CW takes into consideration the very loyal fanbase that everyone who works on this show has managed to create when they are considering it for renewal! :)

11. Krystal says:

I am so in love with Beauty & The Beast. It needs to get a second season. I am looking forward to see whats ahead for our star crossed lovers Catherine & Vincent. It has to be renewed.

12. joan says:

needs medication for BATB obsession

13. Carrie says:

I absolutely LOVE beauty and the Beast!!!! Please RENEW it for another season….I don’t want to lose another favorite show! I don’t really watch a whole lot of tv, but I always make the effort to stop what im doing and sit down and watch vampire diaries and beauty and the beast!!!!!

14. Sami says:

Please renew Beauty & The Beast. It’s the only show I watch and its so addicting.

15. Jessica says:

Please please please another season of beauty and the beast!!!! My favorite show to watch! Love it!!!

16. keti says:

Please, please, please give BATB second season!!!!!!

17. Lais says:

Beauty and the Beast!!!!! The show is getting better and better, must keep going!

18. Ralph says:

I’m going to go mad if 90210 officially gets canceled.

19. Tara says:

If they don’t keep BatB I will be miserable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. we Beasties are still keep hoping for the BATB renew for season 2…:-)

21. Shizza says:

I want to know about the bottom line of these shows. How much it costs to produce and how much the network profits at the end of the day — all in, domestic and international. That would be most sensible to deciding which stays and which shouldn’t.

22. I hope BATB and HOD are renew!!! :)

23. Camille says:

OH COME ON! renew NIKITA! it’s really great! I LOVE IT SO MUCH! pleeeeeeeeease?

24. Davi says:

THE CARRIE DIARIES PLEASE!!
    It is the only series that can fill the void left by ‘Gossip Girl’. We can not live without, a chance for the second season!

25. anikho says:

Beauty and the Beast! Second Season for BatB!

26. Davi says:

The Carrie Diaries is the best of the new CW series! An episode better than the other, each new episode just shows that there’s a lot still ahead, and it needs a second season for sure.
    Hart Of Dixie logical and Nikita will come out ahead in the research, why they started a long time ago and has more fans, but should give a chance to the new series.

27. Sandy says:

Love Hart of Dixie, but the CW moved it to Tuesday nights against NCIS, no wonder its ratings dropped. I like Arrow and Beauty and the Beast to, watch them every week, except when basketball is on.

• nick1372 says:

If you paid attention, you’d know that Hart of Dixie’s ratings are not down. It is in the exact same range of 0.5/0.6 A18-49 that it was in last spring.

28. Queen B says:

Hart of Dixie I love the cast especially Rachel Bilson she’s charming I admit the first season had some kinks that I thought the second season would work out then the writers pair Zoe with Wade because she doesn’t want to be George’s rebound from Lemon why not give them a chance have the relationship play out with one unwilling to commit have her date Wade in the meantime then get them back together

29. kiki09 says:

I love both Hart of Dixie (Team Zade) and Beauty and the Beast so I hope both are renewed.

30. camille says:

i absolutely love nikita there is no show around that show females as badass,i love beauty and the beast but i dont really see it going anywhere with the story line.everyone is just saying they love vincent and cat but thats it there is basically nothing else about the show except there chemsitry

• kiki09 says:

I think it’s a lot more than just the chemistry, at least for me. The chemistry is there, it’s great and epic but there is so much story. So many things happening apart from that.

31. cowcowmeows says:

I haven’t seen the last two episodes of Arrow, I think. Can’t say why. In theory it is an awesome show, and I want to enjoy it with anticipation wholeheartedly, but…there’s just something missing. I don’t know what it is, but it’s obviously enough for me to miss the last two eps. Does anyone else feel this way or do I stand alone?

• kiki09 says:

I definitely feel that way with Arrow, even from the first episode. I like it but maybe its because I feel like they’re trying to hard somehow; trying to make it more epic than it is.

32. ronke says:

plssssssss renew batb

33. JenniferS says:

Beauty and the Beast!!! pls renew!! it’s the best series in CW!!!! I will be so disappointed if they don’t give it a second season..I love the plot, the characters, the actors, and the chemistry between Cat and Vincent!!!

34. COME ON!! Nikita deserves to be RENEW!!! … It’s about a secret agency and rogue agents.. come on.. REAL LIFE dudes!! So sick of the common shows… Its like TERRA NOVA.. it was SUCH a great show and they cancel it.. WTF… they cancel it.. because Glee.. which SUCKS this seasons.. cOME ON!!…. NIKITA DESERVES IT!

35. media stock says:

Hi there, after reading this remarkable piece of writing i am as well happy to share my knowledge here with colleagues.|

36. Anonymous says:

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service? Bless you!|

37. ann says:

Nikita!!! with Arrow!! I love! that would be the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. Diana says:

RENEW NIKITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

39. lilian says:

Nikita, vampire dairies, are getting too long and complicated. Love beauty and the beast and arrow all CW shows are fabulous. LOVE

40. lilian says:

Renew beauty and the beast, arrow and nikita please they are important 2 me very very important.

41. Ashley says:

If the Carrie Diaries, Cult, Beauty and the Beast, and Nikita MUST all be renewed or I will stop watching The CW altogether:\\

42. kyle says:

Bring 90210 back it is such a nice show and so many people agree with me. Change the time slot and i am sure the ratings will uncrease highly. The CW is letting a good show go and i think that is stupid. Give it one more season and see if it is worth it. Im sure it will be more than worth it. The CW should just give it a second chance

43. Kyle says: