Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Once, Vampire Diaries, Southland, Castle, Glee, Suits and More!

Get More: Ask Ausiello, Spoilers

blog_aa_1.26.13Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Two weeks until Grey’s Anatomy returns! I need scoop, STAT! —Babar
Ausiello: Now that Jackson has been handed the keys to Seattle Grace, expect some “pretty significant” changes, previews Jesse Williams, who notes that the promotion represents both a “leap forward” and a “leap back” for his well-pedigreed alter ego. “He wants to be taken seriously and to make his own name for himself, but he’s also getting handed a responsibility that is a [direct] result of his legacy and his family, which is what he set out from the very beginning [to avoid]. So that creates some inner turmoil for him, and maybe a little bit of guilt. But he’s going to have to make it work or get run over. And I think we’re going to see that struggle over the course of the next few episodes.” On the personal front, Williams — who spoke to TVLine over the weekend at a Montblanc/UNICEF pre-Oscar charity brunch — hints that the Jackson/April/Stephanie/Matthew imbroglio will come to a head. “Something is going to have to get figured out with April and Jackson,” he surmises. “I don’t know about a resolution, but [those] two ships are going to try to meet at some point by the end of the season.”

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Finale Scoop: Shonda Rhimes Says No [Spoiler] This Year!

Question: I’ve just finished watching the first season of Once Upon a Time and I love it, especially the relationship between Emma and August/Pinocchio. Do you know if he is coming back in Season 2? —Gaia
Ausiello: Yes, as previously reported, Eion Bailey will resurface later this season as August — as will Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham/The Huntsman! — but Emma will only reunite with one the fellas. “I don’t have scenes with Jamie, unfortunately,” Jennifer Morrison shares with us, “but I do have scenes with Eion.” Bonus Scoop: Though Matt Mitovich teased in the new Spoiler Alert! that there would be one death in this Sunday’s episode, technically there are two — one in each realm.

Question: Got anything on ABC’s under-appreciated Happy Endings? —Claire
Ausiello: I actually have a question for you Claire: Why are Dave and Penny holding a (totally fraudulent) casting call for a baby? In other Happy news, did you hear about this?!

Question: Any info on Jenny Slate’s Parks and Recreation guest stint, beyond her playing Jean Ralphio’s twin sister? —Lily
Ausiello: Her character, Mona Lisa Saperstein, is being brought on primarily to terrorize Ben. “One of my favorite things to do in the world is take awful people — like Jean Ralphio or Mona Lisa — and just put Adam Scott in scenes with them,” says exec producer Mike Schur with a laugh. “I have them act so horrifying and then have Adam just basically be the conscience of the show, and be absolutely blown away by how horrifying they are.”

Question: Is Eve Best leaving Nurse Jackie? I read that O’Hara was going to leave for London. —Mayara
Ausiello: Jackie lose her BFF? Pshaw. Per a Showtime rep, Best will be back as a series regular for Season 5 (bowing April 14).

Question: Sorry, Mr. Ausiello. I am French and it’s difficult for me to speak in English. I am going to try it. I love the show called… —Fabrice
Ausiello: Let me stop you right there. Can’t understand a word you’re saying. Next question.

Question: Southland scoop? —Charley
Ausiello: Now that Cooper and his young boot have parted ways, get ready to meet John’s new partner in this Wednesday’s episode. Yes, we said partner, not trainee. “John gets to a point where he just doesn’t want to train for a while,” previews Michael Cudlitz. “He’d rather be on the streets again with a seasoned officer, and he makes that choice as he reevaluates things in his life.” Enter, Third Watch‘s Anthony Ruivivar as Hank Lucero, a 10/15-year veteran of the LAPD. It’s a “very normal partner relationship with two seasoned officers who are at different places in their careers,” says Cudlitz. “So you get to see a little more active day-to-day policing.”

Question: Suburgatory scoop, please. – Latifah
Ausiello: Bad news: Ryan Shay’s leaving. Better news: I’m kinda-sorta screwing with you. The truth is, Ryan will be going off to college on a football scholarship in the Season 2 finale, but series creator Emily Kapnek insists Parker Young will be back next fall (assuming the show gets a third season pickup from ABC, which, come on, it will). “We have a great, fantastic scene with Ryan and Tessa coming up in the finale,” Kapnek tells TVLine, “[where they are] navigating his departure and whether or not he can live with being away.” Adds Young: “[They] learn to come to terms with the fact that they can’t be together forever…. [Tessa is] a strong girl; she can handle being abandoned.” Bonus Scoop: Kapnek says Tessa’s mom (played by Malin Akerman) will resurface before season’s end.

Question: Happy belated birthday!  Do you have any scoop about the 100th episode of Castle? —Sue
Ausiello: I’ve got two words for you, and one of them’s “*e*r” and the other one’s “*i*do*.” Also, true fact: Birthday wishes don’t mean anything unless they come with a gift. (Look, I don’t make the rules.)

VIDEO | Castle Renewal Scoop: Will the Show Be Back Next Season?!

Question: I will Smurf whatever pull I have with the big Smurf in the sky to rain blessings upon you if you deign to tell me if there’s more Quintana coming up on Glee? —Rob C.
Ausiello: As of this writing, no. But there’s a lot of Season 4 left.

Question: Any scoop on the upcoming Klaus sex scene on The Vampire Diaries? —Holly
Ausiello: There will be blood ink. Teases exec producer Julie Plec of the anticipated coitus session in Episode 16 (airing March 14): “I will say that Joseph Morgan has some tattoos that I didn’t know he had until shooting this scene.” (BTW, Plec wouldn’t say if his partner in fornication was someone we’ve met before).

Question: Any scoop on Elijah’s Vampire Diaries return? —Jessica
Ausiello: Plec confirms that viewers will get “a little Elijah flavor” before the planted Originals spin-off airs in April. “It’ll be fun to have him back in our Mystic Falls universe,” she adds. “We finally get a sense of what he’s been doing during his whole absence from our world.”

Question: Can you give us any Vampire Diaries scoop on Silas? —Holly
Ausiello: Plec will eventually put a face to the name, telling TVLine, “We do plan at some point to meet the real Silas.”

Question: Suits fanatic here. Is it too early to beg for details about next season? —Anelej
Ausiello: Folks, you really need to stop asking me if it’s too early for scoop. As the Ask Ausiello mission statement clearly states, it’s never too early. Case in point: I already know that Season 3 will continue the Rachel-wants-to-become-a-lawyer plot, despite her recent rejection from Harvard. “I don’t think her quest to become a lawyer is dead,” shares EP Aaron Korsh. “[But] she’s going to have to deal with what she wants to do [in Season 3]. She acted with hubris [and] didn’t apply to a backup school. There are other schools she can apply to. She’s got to decide what she wants to do moving forward.”

Question: Any Sons of Anarchy Season 6 scoop? —Ashley
Ausiello: It’s a little too early to be asking me that.

Question: I’ll take any Cary-related Good Wife scoop I can get. —Jessica
Ausiello: His estranged pop (played by John Shea) resurfaces in the March 17 episode — only this time he’s bringing new business to Lockhart Gardner. “Robert and Michelle [King] really enjoyed John’s work,” Matt Czuchry tells TVLine, “and loved what it did in terms of opening up Cary’s personal life and professional life.”

Question: In the last new Nashville, Glenn quit working for Juliette. Does that mean she’s going to have a new (and maybe young and hot) manager sometime soon? –Dana
Ausiello: Her new manager is certainly young and decidedly hot… and that’s because Juliette’s new manager is herself! Despite the country star’s new sense of direction, “She’s not better off without him, that’s for sure,” says creator Callie Khouri. “She’s certainly not the best person to be managing her own career. So we’re going to watch that for a while.”

Question: I refresh the TVLine homepage a dozen times a day waiting for the story that HBO has come to its senses and renewed the brilliant Enlightened for Season 3. End my agony and give me some news — good or bad — because I can’t wait anymore!–Petula
Ausiello: First of all, thanks for your obsessive use of the “refresh” button: It’s readers like you who’ve contributed to TVLine’s success story! Secondly, while creator/executive producer/star Mike White is uncertain of Enlightened‘s future, he has good news about Sunday’s Season 2 finale for both fans and detractors of Laura Dern’s protagonist Amy Jellicoe. “People who hate Amy are going to love the scene where she confronts Krista (Sarah Burns) in the hospital room after she’s had her baby. And people who love Amy will enjoy her final showdown with Abaddon, which brings her as close to a Norma Rae-Silkwood type of heroine as she’ll ever be.” And just in case the season finale turns out to be a series finale, “Both scenes are nice little bookends to how we set up Amy in the pilot with regards to her relationships with Krista and with Abaddon,” adds White. “It all comes full circle.”

PHOTOS | Scandal-palooza: We Name the Show’s Top 17 OMG! Moments!

Question: I’d like to know how much longer Fitz is going to go down this dark path on Scandal before we get to see him happier again. —Carly
Ausiello: Well, first he has to stop surrounding himself with such lowlifes. Case in point: An upcoming episode will involve a Supreme Court nominee (played by Tim Halligan, Commander in Chief) whose skeleton-packed closet threatens to tarnish Fitz’s recommendation and image.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman, Kim Roots, Megan Masters, Michael Slezak and Scott Huver)

Comments (182)

• I hope, I wish, I implore Shonda to do away with the ‘Jackson is in charge’ idea. What a slap in the face to every long-term fan of the show. To have this very inexperienced doctor be the boss of the attendings that have made a name for themselves by their hard work is offensive. They agreed to this ill-conceived partnership in order to save the hospital and this is the reward they get. Whatever happened to ‘nepotism is for the weak’. Either Shonda forgot about that as she was desperately trying to find a way to detangle the mess they made with the lawsuit storyline or Katherine was lying through her teeth. I cannot think of a faster way to make Avery even less likeable than he is right now.

Comment by Ana – February 26, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regarding the TVD spinoff, do we know if it’s filming in Covington like its predecessor?

Comment by Elizabeth – February 26, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for your response to Fabrice. She needs to be taken down a peg or two (and she needs to clean up her room).

Comment by Fabrice's maman – February 26, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fabrice is a MALE name for God’s sake!

Comment by Liz – February 27, 2013 01:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know, but everyone else on page one was referring to Fabrice as female, so for the sake of a joke, I wasn’t going to quibble. Good grief, won’t people lighten up?

For the record, one of the guys who was in Milli Vanilli is named Fabrice.

Comment by Not really Fabrice's maman – February 27, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is the Spartacus Scoop? Come on, its the final epic season!

Comment by Naazneen – February 26, 2013 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no Doctor Who or Supernatural :( bla

Comment by adambramble – February 26, 2013 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoa, everyone calm the hell down. If you stopped reading after the “Fabrice” jab you missed the much funnier never too early/that’s too early bit. Nicely done as always, Aus.

Comment by A – February 26, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am French and I find this offensive.

Comment by Azerty – February 26, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We also find it offensive that you are French

Comment by skrable2 – February 26, 2013 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow… It’s so easy to be abusive on the net. And why not, you must think it’s allowed, as even Ausiello does it now…

Comment by Liz – February 27, 2013 01:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We also find it French that you are offensive ;)

Comment by CJS – February 27, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am ashamed because I laughed at that…and I am French!

Comment by Jul – February 27, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am offensive and I find this French!

Comment by offensive – February 27, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This made my day

Comment by Faster – February 27, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Such a better response than mine. Touche

Comment by skrable2 – February 27, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I knew this was coming ^^

Comment by Azerty – February 27, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanna know what Fabrice’s favorite show is, I think you owe him some scoop on next week’s

Comment by Ian – February 26, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for including my question.

Comment by Babar Suhail – February 26, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First you say: “As the Ask Ausiello mission statement clearly states, it’s never too early.” and then at the SOA question you say: “Ausiello: It’s a little too early to be asking me that.”

ROFL

Comment by Robin – February 26, 2013 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would you make such a lame joke Michael?
    Even if Fabrice does not exist (i hope he does not) this joke was pointless and a waste of space.
    You do realise that lots of non americans and lots of non native english speakers are following your column right?

Comment by Alice – February 26, 2013 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, such a waste of space, considering how limited the space is…on the internet!!! :-/

Comment by Not really Fabrice's maman – February 27, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to seeing Klaus get some action and frankly I don’t care who it is with!

What is funny about being rude to someone who took the time to send you a question? And if she/he doesn’t exist and that was just a joke, you’ve just offended a ton of people (judging from the comments) for no reason.

Comment by Robin – February 26, 2013 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love to watch Klause on the Vampire Diaries i wish him and Caroline would have a romantic scene on the show i think it would help spice up the show even more i really do think they should hook up and make out on the show.

Comment by June – February 27, 2013 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I read the comments in order to find someone trying to solve the Castle’s spoiler but no luck… Everyone is so “concerned” about that “poor” girl who was “insulted” by Ausiello. Come on, people. It was a joke. She may not even exist! And even if she does, I’m sure she’ll complain or something if this affected her somehow.
    I’m not a native english speaker, and if that joke were for me, it wouldn’t affect me at all.

Comment by Javi – February 27, 2013 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Google Rear Window. It’s a Hitchcock film about a guy who has a broken leg and is stuck inside his apartment, while in there he is convinced he sees one of his neighbors murder someone.

Comment by Andrea – February 27, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Someone already told me but thanks anyway :) Hope it’s as good epi as the two parter :D

Comment by Javi :) (@javit4) – February 27, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I share the comment of a lot of people here, you were, rude & insensitive, Michael Ausiello.
    To be snarky but remaining funny is not a given quality to everyone and especially not to you. You show each time!
    Well, I bet that you loved Seth McFairlaine’s presentation at the Oscars

And oh, Fabrice isn’t a current name in France like François ou Jean so yes, this guy exists!,

Comment by Ghislaine – February 27, 2013 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are you so offended?? That was not a comment about you… I am always given b.s. quips about my English, as a non-English speaker living in the us, and it’s called a joke! (Besides the French do speak crap English)

Comment by Natalie – February 27, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well thank you very much. Of course Jen doesn’t have any scenes with Jamie since Graham is dead. I think they have made this pretty clear. :-( Let’s move on.

Comment by Sami – February 27, 2013 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course Ausiello was rude. He dissed a non-English speaker. For shame! Next time just make sure to mock a skinny white American woman. Then everyone will laugh. Because people of other cultures are delicate and unused to our crass American ways.

Comment by S. – February 27, 2013 03:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great site you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find quality writing like yours these days.
    I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

Comment by kızlar – February 27, 2013 04:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always liked TVline, but Michael, you’ve become an arrogant snob. With the French person, the birthday wish cut-off and the ‘too early to tell’ ‘joke’. Please stop this, you WILL lose fans. You’re already down one.

Comment by Jason – February 27, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Become? How long have you been reading Michael. That’s his shtick, and I’m sure it’s gained him more fans than it has lost him (and who needs all of those thin-skinned people around here, anyway?).

Comment by Not really Fabrice's maman – February 27, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy hell you people are so uptight you’d s**t diamonds if I shoved a piece of coal up you @$$. Michael was JOKING about Fabrice and the language barrier. What is the matter with you people.

Comment by Bob – February 27, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Won’t somebody think about Fabrice? I DON’T UNDERSTAND HUMOR! You were so rude to Fabri(cated)… Waitaminute..

Comment by John – February 27, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!

• Yes, I know everyone is up in arms about the French joke- but anyone have any guesses about the Castle scoop???

Comment by Julie – February 27, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Google Rear Window. It’s a Hitchcock movie..

Comment by Andrea – February 27, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who are you people crying over a bad joke? I can agree it wasn’t funny, but what IS funny is how many people are having meltdowns over it. Worry about some real problems in the world, please. Oh and Aus, this may be one time you have to explain your joke, because the fact is it really DOESN’T make any sense.

Comment by Aeol – February 27, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Comment threads like these make me want to never read online articles again – people get outraged over every little stupid thing. That being said, yea, the joke made no sense.

Comment by LaurenMC – February 27, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The fact that it made no sense is what makes it funny. Of course, if you have to explain it…

Comment by TV Gord – February 27, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I’d hate to see HBO cancel Enlightened, I hope Amy and Levi reach some kind of resolution. Luke Wilson has been killing it on that series.

Comment by Monica S. – February 27, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Avery is the head of the BOD can he still practice medicine?

Comment by forwarddad – February 27, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I find it more offensive that there are people who have never heard of “Rear Window.”

Comment by skrable2 – February 27, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahaha Agreed. I saw the movie but I suck at guessing this kind of spoilers.

Comment by Javi :) (@javit4) – February 27, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahahaha! Absolutely! No sense of humor AND no taste!

Comment by TV Gord – February 27, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t you mean French? :)

Comment by Jj – February 27, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!! John Shea is coming back to the Good Wife. Always enjoy seeing Lex Luthor :-)

Comment by stefany – February 27, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LMAO this week, Aus!

P.S.: Ignore the ignorant comments please

Comment by emma – March 1, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol you guys it’s Jean-Raphael, not Jean-Rafio

Comment by Frenchgirl – March 2, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?|

Comment by agate cameos pendant – March 22, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted at this site is really good.|

Comment by Anonymous – March 23, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • any upsate on silas’s face?

Comment by sarah – March 29, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The following time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I mean, I do know it was my option to read, however I truly thought youd have something attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could possibly fix if you happen to werent too busy looking for attention.

Comment by Norene – April 16, 2013 03:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post