Fox Pilot Scoop: Secret Life's Daren Kagasoff Is Emma Roberts' Delirium Love Interest

Daren Kagasoff Delirium Fox PilotSecret Life of the American Teenager‘s Daren Kagasoff has been cast as Emma Roberts’ love interest in the Fox drama pilot Delirium, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | 2013 Pilot Guide: Scoop on Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Penned by executive producer Karyn Usher (Prison Break), Delirium is based on Lauren Oliver’s bestselling young adult novels about an alternate present where love is deemed illegal and is able to be eradicated with a surgical procedure dubbed The Cure.

The rub: Young Lena Holoway — to be played by Roberts — does the unthinkable and falls in love with 95 days to go until her treatment.

Kagasoff, who is a free agent now that Secret Life is heading into its final season on ABC Family, will play Alex, a police officer and the object of Lena’s affection.

The cast also includes The Closer‘s Corey Reynolds and The Killing’s Billy Campbell.

1. I think i will check it out, He is my favorite of the Secret Life, so i am happy he has got a new show.

2. CR says:

The casting decisions make me less and less excited about this adaptation. Love the books, but will probably be passing on the show.

3. Andie says:

I’m wondering if the wording of this article means we won’t meet Julian for a while, even though they are introducing his dad right off the bat.

4. Jade says:

Hmm..i just might have to check this out now.

5. Elyse says:

he’ll always be pervy Ricky to me. not digging the casting choices on Alex or Julian… I will still check out the show because I love the books. lets hope fox doesn’t mess it up!!

• lulu says:

totally disagree, he made the character of Ricky on Secret Life an interesting, multi-layered character and with Secret Life’s awful awful horrible writers it is kind of a miracle..he is pretty talented and has chemistry with co-stars pretty easily. I am looking forward to watch this project although Emma Roberts is kind of bland (but Daren is the opposite so let’s hope he will make her work)

6. Mark says:

Yeah, I could fall in love with him.

7. Rebecca says:

Sounds interesting… I really like him…

8. dude says:

This guy is awful. If the plot wasn’t bad enough, they cast him? It’s like they want it to fail. I think this is a Producers situation.

9. Madison says:

Daren will make ALEX come alive. He was the best character on SL. He’s multi- talented and I can’t wait to see what he will do with this great project.

10. KC says:

Dumb plot. And Emma Roberts is terrible. Blech.

I wish they’d just kept going with secret life and not made the last season suck so much.

• anon123 says:

let me rephrase the last sentence for you, hun: I wish that they got better writers and kept going with secret life. As an avid SL-er, I quit a couple of episodes into the fourth season (and trust me, I tried rewatching the rest of the season).

11. Erin says:

This is my second favorite casting. I’m sad that he doesn’t have that autumn type hair that Lena described, but he does look like the ruggedly handsome Alex I imagined. Never watched SL because of the teeny-bopper essence it had, so I hope they don’t go that soap-opera direction with Delirium.

12. coffee says:

Hi, thanks for sharing.

13. sky boo says:

When does the show start what is the name of the show :)