Fox Pilot Scoop: Secret Life's Daren Kagasoff Is Emma Roberts' Delirium Love Interest

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Daren Kagasoff Delirium Fox PilotSecret Life of the American Teenager‘s Daren Kagasoff has been cast as Emma Roberts’ love interest in the Fox drama pilot Delirium, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | 2013 Pilot Guide: Scoop on Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Penned by executive producer Karyn Usher (Prison Break), Delirium is based on Lauren Oliver’s bestselling young adult novels about an alternate present where love is deemed illegal and is able to be eradicated with a surgical procedure dubbed The Cure.

The rub: Young Lena Holoway — to be played by Roberts — does the unthinkable and falls in love with 95 days to go until her treatment.

Kagasoff, who is a free agent now that Secret Life is heading into its final season on ABC Family, will play Alex, a police officer and the object of Lena’s affection.

The cast also includes The Closer‘s Corey Reynolds and The Killing’s Billy Campbell.

Comments (19)

• I think i will check it out, He is my favorite of the Secret Life, so i am happy he has got a new show.

Comment by Maruschka van Veen (@de3musketiers03) – February 25, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The casting decisions make me less and less excited about this adaptation. Love the books, but will probably be passing on the show.

Comment by CR – February 25, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m wondering if the wording of this article means we won’t meet Julian for a while, even though they are introducing his dad right off the bat.

Comment by Andie – February 25, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they already cast Julian too. he’s gonna be played by Gregg Sulkin. I heard rumors that Julian was going to be Hanas love interest on the show though. I hope the rumors aren’t true.

Comment by Elyse – February 25, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks. Don’t know how I missed that!

Comment by Andie – February 25, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No one really reported on Gregg Sulkin being cast. I only know because Lauren Oliver posted about it on Twitter!

Comment by Elyse – February 25, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm..i just might have to check this out now.

Comment by Jade – February 25, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • he’ll always be pervy Ricky to me. not digging the casting choices on Alex or Julian… I will still check out the show because I love the books. lets hope fox doesn’t mess it up!!

Comment by Elyse – February 25, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally disagree, he made the character of Ricky on Secret Life an interesting, multi-layered character and with Secret Life’s awful awful horrible writers it is kind of a miracle..he is pretty talented and has chemistry with co-stars pretty easily. I am looking forward to watch this project although Emma Roberts is kind of bland (but Daren is the opposite so let’s hope he will make her work)

Comment by lulu – February 25, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I could fall in love with him.

Comment by Mark – February 25, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds interesting… I really like him…

Comment by Rebecca – February 25, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This guy is awful. If the plot wasn’t bad enough, they cast him? It’s like they want it to fail. I think this is a Producers situation.

Comment by dude – February 26, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh please he is more talented you will ever dream to be..pathetic dude is and pitiful of course.

Comment by lulu – February 26, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daren will make ALEX come alive. He was the best character on SL. He’s multi- talented and I can’t wait to see what he will do with this great project.

Comment by Madison – February 26, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dumb plot. And Emma Roberts is terrible. Blech.

I wish they’d just kept going with secret life and not made the last season suck so much.

Comment by KC – February 27, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • let me rephrase the last sentence for you, hun: I wish that they got better writers and kept going with secret life. As an avid SL-er, I quit a couple of episodes into the fourth season (and trust me, I tried rewatching the rest of the season).

Comment by anon123 – February 27, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is my second favorite casting. I’m sad that he doesn’t have that autumn type hair that Lena described, but he does look like the ruggedly handsome Alex I imagined. Never watched SL because of the teeny-bopper essence it had, so I hope they don’t go that soap-opera direction with Delirium.

Comment by Erin – March 26, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, thanks for sharing.

Comment by coffee – April 9, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does the show start what is the name of the show :)

Comment by sky boo – June 6, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post