Alicia Silverstone to Star as Free-Wheeling HR Boss in Long-Gestating Lifetime Pilot

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Alicia Silverstone Cast Lifetime Pilot HRFormerly Clueless one Alicia Silverstone has signed on to headline the Lifetime pilot HR, lifting a cast contingency on the project and allowing it to move forward with production, our sister site Deadline reports.

Silverstone will play the Director of Human Resources for an international conglom who, after suffering a brain injury, adopts a less-rigid and more bold approach to her job.

RELATED | Bonnie & Clyde: Emile Hirsch, Holliday Grainger Land Leads in History/Lifetime Mini

HR was initially greenlit as a pilot last summer — along with the Renee Zellweger-produced Cinnamon Girl (recently snuffed), The Secret Lives Of Wives (also snuffed) and Witches Of East End (fully cast and ordered to series) — with a contingency placed on the casting of the lead role.

RELATED | Brooke Shields Joins Lifetime’s Army Wives Season 7

Comments (8)

• “Silverstone’s TV credits include a Season 1 arc on Clueless co-star Jeremy Sisto’s Suburgatory, a Childrens Hospital appearance and the ill-fated 2006 NBC sitcom The Singles Table.”

And she had the lead in Miss Match, a show that wasn’t a hit, but lasted a season and launched the career of James Roday.

Comment by Luke – February 25, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVED Miss Match!

Comment by K2 – February 26, 2013 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved the episode where Bradley Cooper played a metrosexual. Also that episode is where I first found out about Mapquest. (Hey, it was 10 years ago!)

Comment by K2 – February 26, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Random thought but does anyone else think she bears a strong resemblance to Maggie Lawson from Psych? I don’t think they’re related but they really do look alike.

Comment by A – February 25, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I’ve thought this for such a long time!

Comment by Kaycee – February 25, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will last a season. If that. I’d rather have had a real, final season of drop dead diva.

Comment by Damian – February 25, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds kinda like ‘Enlightened’ which I love.
    I do like Alicia, she’s a good actress and I’d love to see this be a success.

Comment by Kaycee – February 25, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excuse me while I transform to a 5 year old : NOT WATCHING….BRING BACK DROP DEAD DIVA OR LIFETIME IS DEAD TO ME

Comment by Sara – February 26, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post