Castle Sneak Peeks: Rick Runs Out on Kate, Dad Makes His Entrance and a Kidnapping Twist

Get More: Video

This Monday at 10/9c, ABC’s Castle wraps its February sweeps two-parter picking up where last week left off, with Rick realizing that his abducted daughter is being held captive across the ocean, in Paris — and we’ve got two video sneak peeks to share.

RELATED | Castle Recap: Gone Girls

In the first clip, Kate swings by Rick’s place, expecting to find him there. Instead, she and Martha both realize they have been lied to about his whereabouts.

Loading video...

The second video seemingly picks up after Rick has survived a very deadly meet-up, as a rugged, gun-toting stranger (played by James Brolin) marches down a nearby hill. Two generations of Castle men are about to meet, though one of them is oblivious to their connection. Before Rick’s cell abruptly “drops its signal,” he gets information from Kate that puts Alexis’ kidnapping in a whole new light.

Loading video...

Want more scoop on Castle, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

The new Spoiler Alert! has good news for Castle Fans, Once scoop and more

Tags: ,

Comments (25)

• can’t wait!!

Comment by Tami Fletcher – February 24, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I KNEW IT. Alexis was the target all along. Also: Brolin just keeps getting better and better. I’m so glad he got the job as “Grampa Castle.”

Comment by Annie – February 24, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not a fan of Brolin, but I have to admit he’s makes a great connection in this clip. Looking forward to the episode!

Comment by asdf – February 25, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Monday!

Comment by Astrid – February 24, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t wait till tomorrow night this episode is the best so far. Love Caskets

Comment by NR – February 24, 2013 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously hoping Kate flies to Paris to help him out. Seeing both of them there would be awesome!

Comment by Christina – February 24, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope that happens!! he shouldn’t be alonee on france!

Comment by luli – February 24, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That will be great just two of them in romantic place in the world

Comment by NR – February 24, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • barry bostwick’ld a better father for castle but in another genre tgan CIA agent like a mad scientist

Comment by RIckOnce – February 24, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OK, that was random.

Comment by Danyelle – February 24, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just want Kate to be there for Castle in getting Alexis safe. She owes him a few.

Comment by Teri – February 24, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wholeheartedly agree with this. He needs the emotional support there! Granted, I think the episode is going to focus more on him with his father and Alexis, so I doubt she’ll come in to play a big part. Hoping I’m wrong though!

Comment by Christina – February 24, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not much of a plot twist in my mind it was sort of obvious from last week that she was the target, and of course Papa Castle is involved so i call Duh on that one. Brolin is a perfect casting choice can’t wait to see more. Monday it’s ok you can come right now. you know you want to:)

Comment by James – February 24, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is gonna be good!

Comment by May – February 24, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping this whole thing doesn’t turn into a “kidnap Alexis to get at Grandpa Castle” story line, but I can’t imagine why anyone speaking Arabic would be interested in Castle or his family. Heck, Castle even got along with Fariq Yusef, of the Syrian Consulate. :)

Comment by taliesin – February 24, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I said last week Alexis was the target for these reasons: 1) why would the kidnappers be watching Alexis’ video blog for Sarah when they could have just subdued her body guard and taken Sarah? 2) Why had the kidnappers not asked Sarah’s parents for any of their $300 million dollars as ransom? And most importantly 3) what reason would Grandaddy Castle have for being in this next episode except to help rescue Alexis?

Comment by TVDIVA – February 24, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can hardly wait until tonight ‘s ep! I hope this opens the door for Papa Castle to appear at least periodically in future eps> Ty , James Brolin! I think you will make an excellent Castle dad! Nathan and Molly, you guys totally rock! I dont think Beckett will go to Paris to find them, however, I would love it if she did. But I think her love and support will be here while she is working on the case, but there will be a beautiful reunion once he gets back with Alexis. I hope this opens up some Alexis/ Beckett bonding, too. Anyone else think Martha has some explaining to do?Anyway, these are just random thoughts. Castle Monday is here and we are only about15 hours away! Cabn hardly wait!

Comment by Glenda Shearman – February 25, 2013 03:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Enjoyed your very perceptive comments. In case anyone cares about demographics, my Nana is going on 80 and loves the show and also looks forward to Glades.

Comment by Dory – February 25, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just a bit of comment on that latest “good news” item. Yes, castle had great ratings last week, and yes, those ratings were good enough that they’ll almost certainly be renewed. But please don’t report that they’ll be renewed because their ratings hit a season high. Every show on TV hits a season high in its own ratings, every single season, by definition.

Comment by asdf – February 25, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even with only the #2 show at 10 on Mondays Castle would still be renewed. It’s ratings are always right around H5O’s and its overall viewer numbers are generally higher. It’s in syndication now and being shown first run around the world. The only way it wouldn’t get renewed at this point is if the primary actors’ contracts were up for renewal and they started making huge demands that would make the show too unprofitable to renew. You don’t need to have the #1 show to get renewed. If that were true NBC wouldn’t have anything on the air. :)
      As per the Octover Adage article, Castle is currently billing ad-space at the rate of just under $125,000 per 30 seconds. That’s around $4.2 million per episode just in the US. Castle will be renewed.

Comment by taliesin – February 25, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just can’t wait!

Comment by Mari – February 25, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have become a very big fan, I found a strange thing in one. How in world did Beckett not kill this guy on the bridge how did Castle not kill him there must have 8/9 shots that in my eyes all hit him. Even if he was wearing a vest that amount of shots would have put him down in serious condition.
    Another point was at the beginning Beckett tells Castle that her birthday was coming up and Casle acknowledges it and that was the end of it !!!!!!!.

Comment by Frank – March 5, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Observation from a newbie. I’m getting there little by little. I get it. A little more that I missed on reruns due to work considerations I’ll see in time. I have seen Many actors on this show and even the smallest role is filled by people who can do the job. It doesn’t seem that someone gets a job because someone has the hots for them. Fans deserve good acting. After all in one way or another we pay.

Comment by Dory – March 12, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s remarkable for me to have a web site, which is helpful for my knowledge. thanks admin|

Comment by agate cameo – March 22, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Magnificent items from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff previous to and you’re just too excellent. I really like what you have obtained right here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which through which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to stay it sensible. I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.%7

Comment by media stock – March 22, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post