Castle Sneak Peeks: Rick Runs Out on Kate, Dad Makes His Entrance and a Kidnapping Twist

This Monday at 10/9c, ABC’s Castle wraps its February sweeps two-parter picking up where last week left off, with Rick realizing that his abducted daughter is being held captive across the ocean, in Paris — and we’ve got two video sneak peeks to share.

RELATED | Castle Recap: Gone Girls

In the first clip, Kate swings by Rick’s place, expecting to find him there. Instead, she and Martha both realize they have been lied to about his whereabouts.

Loading video...

The second video seemingly picks up after Rick has survived a very deadly meet-up, as a rugged, gun-toting stranger (played by James Brolin) marches down a nearby hill. Two generations of Castle men are about to meet, though one of them is oblivious to their connection. Before Rick’s cell abruptly “drops its signal,” he gets information from Kate that puts Alexis’ kidnapping in a whole new light.

Loading video...

Want more scoop on Castle, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

The new Spoiler Alert! has good news for Castle Fans, Once scoop and more

1. Tami Fletcher says:

can’t wait!!

2. Annie says:

I KNEW IT. Alexis was the target all along. Also: Brolin just keeps getting better and better. I’m so glad he got the job as “Grampa Castle.”

3. Astrid says:

Almost Monday!

4. Christina says:

Seriously hoping Kate flies to Paris to help him out. Seeing both of them there would be awesome!

5. RIckOnce says:

barry bostwick’ld a better father for castle but in another genre tgan CIA agent like a mad scientist

6. Teri says:

Just want Kate to be there for Castle in getting Alexis safe. She owes him a few.

• Christina says:

Wholeheartedly agree with this. He needs the emotional support there! Granted, I think the episode is going to focus more on him with his father and Alexis, so I doubt she’ll come in to play a big part. Hoping I’m wrong though!

7. James says:

not much of a plot twist in my mind it was sort of obvious from last week that she was the target, and of course Papa Castle is involved so i call Duh on that one. Brolin is a perfect casting choice can’t wait to see more. Monday it’s ok you can come right now. you know you want to:)

8. May says:

This is gonna be good!

9. taliesin says:

I’m hoping this whole thing doesn’t turn into a “kidnap Alexis to get at Grandpa Castle” story line, but I can’t imagine why anyone speaking Arabic would be interested in Castle or his family. Heck, Castle even got along with Fariq Yusef, of the Syrian Consulate. :)

10. TVDIVA says:

I said last week Alexis was the target for these reasons: 1) why would the kidnappers be watching Alexis’ video blog for Sarah when they could have just subdued her body guard and taken Sarah? 2) Why had the kidnappers not asked Sarah’s parents for any of their $300 million dollars as ransom? And most importantly 3) what reason would Grandaddy Castle have for being in this next episode except to help rescue Alexis?

11. I can hardly wait until tonight ‘s ep! I hope this opens the door for Papa Castle to appear at least periodically in future eps> Ty , James Brolin! I think you will make an excellent Castle dad! Nathan and Molly, you guys totally rock! I dont think Beckett will go to Paris to find them, however, I would love it if she did. But I think her love and support will be here while she is working on the case, but there will be a beautiful reunion once he gets back with Alexis. I hope this opens up some Alexis/ Beckett bonding, too. Anyone else think Martha has some explaining to do?Anyway, these are just random thoughts. Castle Monday is here and we are only about15 hours away! Cabn hardly wait!

• Dory says:

Enjoyed your very perceptive comments. In case anyone cares about demographics, my Nana is going on 80 and loves the show and also looks forward to Glades.

12. asdf says:

Just a bit of comment on that latest “good news” item. Yes, castle had great ratings last week, and yes, those ratings were good enough that they’ll almost certainly be renewed. But please don’t report that they’ll be renewed because their ratings hit a season high. Every show on TV hits a season high in its own ratings, every single season, by definition.

• taliesin says:

Even with only the #2 show at 10 on Mondays Castle would still be renewed. It’s ratings are always right around H5O’s and its overall viewer numbers are generally higher. It’s in syndication now and being shown first run around the world. The only way it wouldn’t get renewed at this point is if the primary actors’ contracts were up for renewal and they started making huge demands that would make the show too unprofitable to renew. You don’t need to have the #1 show to get renewed. If that were true NBC wouldn’t have anything on the air. :)
      As per the Octover Adage article, Castle is currently billing ad-space at the rate of just under $125,000 per 30 seconds. That’s around $4.2 million per episode just in the US. Castle will be renewed.

13. Mari says:

I just can’t wait!

14. Frank says:

I have become a very big fan, I found a strange thing in one. How in world did Beckett not kill this guy on the bridge how did Castle not kill him there must have 8/9 shots that in my eyes all hit him. Even if he was wearing a vest that amount of shots would have put him down in serious condition.
    Another point was at the beginning Beckett tells Castle that her birthday was coming up and Casle acknowledges it and that was the end of it !!!!!!!.

15. Dory says:

Observation from a newbie. I’m getting there little by little. I get it. A little more that I missed on reruns due to work considerations I’ll see in time. I have seen Many actors on this show and even the smallest role is filled by people who can do the job. It doesn’t seem that someone gets a job because someone has the hots for them. Fans deserve good acting. After all in one way or another we pay.

16. agate cameo says:

It’s remarkable for me to have a web site, which is helpful for my knowledge. thanks admin|

17. media stock says:

Magnificent items from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff previous to and you’re just too excellent. I really like what you have obtained right here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which through which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to stay it sensible. I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.%7