Ratings: Undercover Boss Boosts CBS, Nikita Drops, CSI: NY Finale Up Versus Last Year

Get More: News, Ratings

Nikita Ratings DropCBS’ Undercover Boss — with 7.3 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo ratings — returned down more than 20 percent from its last fresh outing, but nonetheless improved upon short-lived time slot squatter The Job by 200-plus percent.

Leading out of that, CSI: NY‘s Season 9 (series?) finale did 9.4 mil and a 1.2, flat week-to-week but up 4 percent and a tenth from its previous season (series?) finale. Blue Bloods closed CBS’ night with 11.06 mil/1.4, drawing Friday’s largest audience.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Over on ABC, Last Man Standing (6 mil/1.3) and Malibu Country (5.50 mil/1.1) both ticked down a tenth, while Shark Tank held steady at 6.44 mil/1.8 and commanded the night’s best rating.

Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares (3.1 mil/1.1) and Touch (2.52 mil/0.7) were both flat.

The CW’s Nikita dropped a few viewers and fell two tenths in the demo to 1.26 mil/0.3.

Comments (30)

• nikita was really good this week, to bad the ratings were bad :/

Comment by Kresh – February 23, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sad for Nikita’s ratings. CW must stop the breaks really. It stops the momentum. I hope the ratings tick up from here on now.

Comment by oliver – February 23, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know the schedule for this season has been a mess.

Comment by Josh – February 23, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is such an awesome show – I hope ratings do pick up!

Comment by Kari – February 23, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • last man standing is a above average show. my only problem with it is how can a woman not only forgive a man that got her pregnant wanted her to have an abortion then ran off for 3 years when she didn’t but also want to get back with him. it’s kind of pathetic

Comment by Dennis – February 23, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is kind of pathetic, but I think the real reason they are getting her (the oldest daughter) back with him is to lay the groundwork for them possibly leaving the series.
      By them, I mean the eldest daughter (who is not nearly as good as the original actress), the baby daddy, and the kid.
      The 3 of them may stay on as recurring characters, but I think there role is going to be diminished in the show survives to season 3.

Comment by J. Norman – February 24, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. The other 2 daughters have way more chemistry together and the oldest just doesn’t connect. The show would be better off if she left. The recast didn’t help at all.

Comment by Mikael – February 26, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t Kitchen Nightmares the show Fox wants on Tuesdays at 8 eastern. These ratings are worse than Raising Hope and maybe even Ben and Kate!!

Comment by Boiler – February 23, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think S4 is pretty much certain. They are not renewing younger bubble shows that only get 0.4 and 0.5 on the weekdays over a friday show beating most of them in viewers and about the same in the demo on a friday and is so close to syndication

Comment by James – February 23, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI NY wrapped up nicely just in case it was the series finale. I hope the bean counters at CBS read these blogs because I believe a 10th season to wrap up would; be nice. Besides it certainly has earned it.

Comment by paul – February 23, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita was so good last night! I have grown to really love Alex and Sean together.

Comment by Eliza – February 23, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that wasn’t a CSI NY finale. But it was good. I’ll miss watching that and Blue Bloods together.

Comment by Jenn – February 23, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ratings, what have you done with Touch? Also, it looks like last night’s CSI: NY is destined to have its “series finale” after nine seasons. Play some of that Baba O’Reilly from The Who.

Comment by Tran – February 23, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sucks that Nikita’s ratings went down. I think this was my favorite episode of the season. I found it funny how Nikita and Michael were in the same room, and they didn’t even share a line.

Comment by Nikki – February 23, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Nikita is still worried about what Michael said after the whole Dr Scientist person. Its the CW that is messing up the ratings. But I hope they don’t cancel the show. Its doing so well story wise. I wonder if they will kill Amanda at the end of the season or Ari. One of them HAS to die.

Comment by shuayb – February 23, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t even notice. Maybe that’s why the episode gave me a season 1 feel (when Nikita was only working with Alex)? I really loved this episode and honestly, if killing off Michael means we get a more season 1 type Nikita, I’m all for it. Michael’s a good character but I am absolutely fed up with all of the romance getting shoved down our throats this season.

Sean being forced to become a division agent is going to add some good tension, I just hope it’s not all directed towards Alex (ie more romance drama).

Comment by kavyn – February 23, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “but up 4 percent and a tenth from its previous season (series?) finale” LOL, that pretty much summed up the story of CSI:NY. Third series finale in a row and counting, hahaha <3 #survivor

Comment by Barbie Furtado – February 23, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sent a message to CBS on their comment page. CSI NY has had a really great 9th year. I purchased the first six seasons, and it has so been under rated. This season finale was the best; Mac’s narrative at the end was, and if it doesn’t get renewed would serve as a good series finale. Let’s hope it gets one more year to really wrap thiings up. Although Hil Harper won’t be back, there are still story lines to close for the other characters.

Comment by majamababe – February 23, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …Mac’s narrative at the end was so moving…

Comment by majamababe – February 23, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The CSI:NY “season” finale was obviously written to serve as either a season or a series finale.
      I have a suspicion that it will come back next season. . .possibly as a mid season filler for whatever new series may fail.
      I hope that CBS doesn’t cancel this excellent show just for the sake of cancelling something. As of now, I don’t really see anything else coming in and doing better (such as The Good Wife, or The Mentalist).
      The Mentalist either lives or dies where it is and the Good Wife . . .despite all those who clammer about its “critical success”. . .has no syndication value whatsoever. Serialized shows rarely do.

Comment by J. Norman – February 24, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched Cult again last night. There is something about the show that I find really interesting. Maybe I just like stories with behind the scenes Hollywood material (anyone ever read Starlette?) and this might be a good way to get Scream 3 out of my head forever.

I hope they can pull this story off well. Until we find out, I just hope the ratings pick up.

Comment by Drew – February 23, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On the one hand, I feel vindicated that Fringe never slipped to a 0.7 demo. On the other, I feel bad for Touch fans And for Fox.

Comment by Emily – February 23, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So it’s official. NBC doesn’t even bother to broadcast on Fridays anymore.

Comment by Alienate – February 23, 2013 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita had a great episode!!! sad the ratings aren’t better :(

Comment by Elyse – February 24, 2013 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita is gunna get scuttled. even though its a really good show. but it really isnt going anywhere plotwise. nothing is drawing you in to watch it week after week.

Comment by TJCrinc – February 24, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TJCrinc oh you don’t seem to know anything

Comment by James – February 24, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pity about Nikita dropping, that was one of the best episodes of the season. Hope it goes back up this week!

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – February 26, 2013 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita needs more Nikita/Alex missions. I miss the 2 of them working together. I like Nikita and Michael, but it can be too much.

Comment by Mikael – February 26, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita ratings were going up, until CW had to decide to cancel Nikita on the 15th! One of the most underrated shows out there!

Comment by Sigi Espinoza – February 27, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post