Ratings: Undercover Boss Boosts CBS, Nikita Drops, CSI: NY Finale Up Versus Last Year

Nikita Ratings DropCBS’ Undercover Boss — with 7.3 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo ratings — returned down more than 20 percent from its last fresh outing, but nonetheless improved upon short-lived time slot squatter The Job by 200-plus percent.

Leading out of that, CSI: NY‘s Season 9 (series?) finale did 9.4 mil and a 1.2, flat week-to-week but up 4 percent and a tenth from its previous season (series?) finale. Blue Bloods closed CBS’ night with 11.06 mil/1.4, drawing Friday’s largest audience.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Over on ABC, Last Man Standing (6 mil/1.3) and Malibu Country (5.50 mil/1.1) both ticked down a tenth, while Shark Tank held steady at 6.44 mil/1.8 and commanded the night’s best rating.

Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares (3.1 mil/1.1) and Touch (2.52 mil/0.7) were both flat.

The CW’s Nikita dropped a few viewers and fell two tenths in the demo to 1.26 mil/0.3.

1. Kresh says:

nikita was really good this week, to bad the ratings were bad :/

2. oliver says:

sad for Nikita’s ratings. CW must stop the breaks really. It stops the momentum. I hope the ratings tick up from here on now.

3. Kari says:

Nikita is such an awesome show – I hope ratings do pick up!

4. Dennis says:

last man standing is a above average show. my only problem with it is how can a woman not only forgive a man that got her pregnant wanted her to have an abortion then ran off for 3 years when she didn’t but also want to get back with him. it’s kind of pathetic

• J. Norman says:

It is kind of pathetic, but I think the real reason they are getting her (the oldest daughter) back with him is to lay the groundwork for them possibly leaving the series.
      By them, I mean the eldest daughter (who is not nearly as good as the original actress), the baby daddy, and the kid.
      The 3 of them may stay on as recurring characters, but I think there role is going to be diminished in the show survives to season 3.

• Mikael says:

I agree. The other 2 daughters have way more chemistry together and the oldest just doesn’t connect. The show would be better off if she left. The recast didn’t help at all.

5. Boiler says:

Isn’t Kitchen Nightmares the show Fox wants on Tuesdays at 8 eastern. These ratings are worse than Raising Hope and maybe even Ben and Kate!!

6. James says:

i think S4 is pretty much certain. They are not renewing younger bubble shows that only get 0.4 and 0.5 on the weekdays over a friday show beating most of them in viewers and about the same in the demo on a friday and is so close to syndication

7. paul says:

CSI NY wrapped up nicely just in case it was the series finale. I hope the bean counters at CBS read these blogs because I believe a 10th season to wrap up would; be nice. Besides it certainly has earned it.

8. Eliza says:

Nikita was so good last night! I have grown to really love Alex and Sean together.

9. Jenn says:

I hope that wasn’t a CSI NY finale. But it was good. I’ll miss watching that and Blue Bloods together.

10. Tran says:

Ratings, what have you done with Touch? Also, it looks like last night’s CSI: NY is destined to have its “series finale” after nine seasons. Play some of that Baba O’Reilly from The Who.

11. Nikki says:

It sucks that Nikita’s ratings went down. I think this was my favorite episode of the season. I found it funny how Nikita and Michael were in the same room, and they didn’t even share a line.

12. shuayb says:

I think Nikita is still worried about what Michael said after the whole Dr Scientist person. Its the CW that is messing up the ratings. But I hope they don’t cancel the show. Its doing so well story wise. I wonder if they will kill Amanda at the end of the season or Ari. One of them HAS to die.

• kavyn says:

I didn’t even notice. Maybe that’s why the episode gave me a season 1 feel (when Nikita was only working with Alex)? I really loved this episode and honestly, if killing off Michael means we get a more season 1 type Nikita, I’m all for it. Michael’s a good character but I am absolutely fed up with all of the romance getting shoved down our throats this season.

Sean being forced to become a division agent is going to add some good tension, I just hope it’s not all directed towards Alex (ie more romance drama).

13. “but up 4 percent and a tenth from its previous season (series?) finale” LOL, that pretty much summed up the story of CSI:NY. Third series finale in a row and counting, hahaha <3 #survivor

14. majamababe says:

I sent a message to CBS on their comment page. CSI NY has had a really great 9th year. I purchased the first six seasons, and it has so been under rated. This season finale was the best; Mac’s narrative at the end was, and if it doesn’t get renewed would serve as a good series finale. Let’s hope it gets one more year to really wrap thiings up. Although Hil Harper won’t be back, there are still story lines to close for the other characters.

• majamababe says:

…Mac’s narrative at the end was so moving…

• J. Norman says:

The CSI:NY “season” finale was obviously written to serve as either a season or a series finale.
      I have a suspicion that it will come back next season. . .possibly as a mid season filler for whatever new series may fail.
      I hope that CBS doesn’t cancel this excellent show just for the sake of cancelling something. As of now, I don’t really see anything else coming in and doing better (such as The Good Wife, or The Mentalist).
      The Mentalist either lives or dies where it is and the Good Wife . . .despite all those who clammer about its “critical success”. . .has no syndication value whatsoever. Serialized shows rarely do.

15. Drew says:

I watched Cult again last night. There is something about the show that I find really interesting. Maybe I just like stories with behind the scenes Hollywood material (anyone ever read Starlette?) and this might be a good way to get Scream 3 out of my head forever.

I hope they can pull this story off well. Until we find out, I just hope the ratings pick up.

16. Emily says:

On the one hand, I feel vindicated that Fringe never slipped to a 0.7 demo. On the other, I feel bad for Touch fans And for Fox.

17. Alienate says:

So it’s official. NBC doesn’t even bother to broadcast on Fridays anymore.

18. Elyse says:

Nikita had a great episode!!! sad the ratings aren’t better :(

19. TJCrinc says:

nikita is gunna get scuttled. even though its a really good show. but it really isnt going anywhere plotwise. nothing is drawing you in to watch it week after week.

20. Pity about Nikita dropping, that was one of the best episodes of the season. Hope it goes back up this week!

21. Mikael says:

Nikita needs more Nikita/Alex missions. I miss the 2 of them working together. I like Nikita and Michael, but it can be too much.

22. Sigi Espinoza says:

Nikita ratings were going up, until CW had to decide to cancel Nikita on the 15th! One of the most underrated shows out there!

23. Irin scott says: