Pilot Scoop: House's Odette Annable and The River's Bruce Greenwood Head for ABC's Venice

Get More: Uncategorized

OdetteAnnableOdette Annable and Bruce Greenwood are Venice bound.

Both actors have joined the ABC drama pilot from Without a Trace‘s Byron Balasco, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Pilot Guide: All the Scoop on This Fall’s Possible Newcomers

The Romeo and Juliet-esque soap explores two rival families living in the famed California beach town and the forbidden, dangerous romance that emerges between them.

Annable will play Sophie and Greenwood will play Gordy Nance, the powerful head of one of the families. (The L Word‘s Jennifer Beals plays the matriarch of the other clan.)

Annable’s TV credits include HouseBrothers & Sisters and Breaking In. Greenwood has had roles on The River, St. Elsewhere and Knots Landing, among other series.

Comments (8)

• I really wanted her to play the mother in the final season of How I Met Your Mother…

Comment by Sg. Grant – February 22, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Darn! I never even thought of her for that role, but it would have been great!

Comment by Eric – February 22, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh she would be so awesome in
      that.

Comment by Drewer – February 22, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fine, don’t mention Bruce Greenwood’s greatest television show, Nowhere Man! Yeah, it only lasted one season, but it’s one of the best shows of all time and it’s STILL Greenwood’s best role of his career IMO!

Comment by Stephen S. – February 22, 2013 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my thought! I LOVED that show, still miss it! That is still my favorite Greenwood role, every time I’ve ever heard he’s going to be on something, Nowhere Man is the first thing I think of. I can still see him tied to that chair in finale, I think it was finale.

Comment by Jennifer – February 23, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing against these actors or any others in pilots but perhaps networks would save some money if they didn’t make all these pilots, many of which will be crap. Look for a couple really good ones, if they can

Comment by Boiler – February 23, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does she have any relation to Dave Annable who was also on Brothers & Sisters?

Comment by Jared – February 23, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post