Vampire Diaries Boss Reveals Why She Killed Off [Spoiler]! Plus: Scoop on Elena's New 'Happy Place,' Bonnie's 'Visions' and More!

Stand by MeThe following interview contains spoilers from Thursday’s episode of The Vampire Diaries. If you have yet to watch, avert your eyes now.

On Thursday’s Vampire Diaries, Elena found a shocking way to deal with the harsh reality that her brother was dead: As instructed by Damon, she shut off her humanity, then later burned down her house with Jeremy’s body in it. Goodbye home, goodbye brother, goodbye old Elena!

Meanwhile, Bonnie bought into Shane’s crazy plane to bring back her dead loved ones — but it was actually Silas guiding her!

Below, executive producer Julie Plec answers our burning questions about Elena’s new humanity-free state, Jeremy’s death, Bonnie’s dangerous encounter and much more.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Finds a New Witch

TVLINE | I imagine killing off Jeremy was not an easy choice. Why did you feel it was necessary to kill him?
This whole year has been about the evolution of Elena as a vampire, starting from a girl who expressly claimed it was the last thing she wanted. And then just as she was finally getting a handle on it, the sire bond problem reared its ugly head. We knew we wanted to get her to the darkest place possible, so that Elena, the most compassionate character, would become dis-compassionate and turn her humanity off. So we knew we had to tear someone extremely important out of her life. Everybody is equally important to her, but when you really think about it, it’s her protectiveness of her brother that kept her together. Tearing her brother away from her would be the thing that would make her fall apart.

TVLINE | Obviously, the death of her brother is not something Elena can get over quickly, so is it safe to say she’ll be humanity-free for a sizable chunk of the season?
It’s safe to say that it’s going to be very difficult to bring her back from this place that she finds [herself in], which ironically, in spite of it being relatively emotionless, is actually her new happy place because it is a place with no pain, no guilt, no suffering and no extremes other than just an appreciation for life as a vampire and a desire to feed.

TVLINE | How is humanity-free Elena different from Katherine?
Everything Katherine does is a sexual manipulation, is in her own best interest, for her own survival. She will plead and flirt and tease and lie and mindf—, excuse my language, anyone and everyone in order to fill her own best interest. Elena is more blunt and honest and, “It is what it is, and I am what I am and want what I want. And right now I would like to feed on that girl over there. And I resent you for trying to stop me.” Elena is just more direct about getting exactly what it is that she wants. She doesn’t need to rely on the tricks that Katherine has to pull out of her bag.

TVLINE | Will we also see a more reckless, fun side of her now that she doesn’t have this human responsibility on her?
Yes, without a doubt. Elena has not had the easiest time of it, becoming a vampire. We didn’t want her to just jump right into the wish fulfillment side of vampirism, although I’m sure there’s plenty in the audience who would have enjoyed that. But that felt counter-intuitive to this character that we had defended so strongly as a human. Now, suddenly, we get to experience those things of what it’s like to be a vampire, party all night, never grow old, never die.

RELATED | The CW Orders Early Renewals for Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Arrow

TVLINE | How is her new state going to affect her relationship and her feelings for Damon?
That is the big question. What is the truth of what she feels? How does the sire bond play into all this. What is their dynamic going to be moving forward when she’s not driven by a love for him necessarily. A lot of questions come up and get answered in the next couple episodes.

TVLINE | Are they still in a relationship?
We’ll have to find out.

TVLINE | Will the fact that he was the one who told her to do this cause trouble for them later? Or between him and Stefan?
When all is said and done, everybody recognized that in the worst possible scenario, which is what they were in, it truly was the only viable solution. It doesn’t make it good. It doesn’t make it happy. But it really was the thing that needed to happen to release her from her pain. So I don’t think anyone’s going to hold a grudge.

Stand by MeTVLINE | Meanwhile, all of Elena’s supernatural friends have their humanity, so how are they dealing with this new aspect of her?
It’s difficult for all of them. As we’ll see in the next episode, it becomes most difficult for Caroline, who as a fixer and a people [person], is trying to get her friend back on track. But Elena’s not really having it so much.

TVLINE | Is there any significance to the fact that she gave the Gilbert ring to Damon? Why not give it to Matt? He could use it.
She, in her moment, was like, “OK, this doesn’t work anymore. So here, have it.” I can say this may not be the last we see of that Gilbert ring in the series. But right now, it’s just out of play.

RELATED | Claire Holt Joins Vampire Diaries Spin-Off

TVLINE | Was Bonnie seeing a vision of Silas? Or was he actually physically taking on the form of Shane?
That is another question we’ll have to be asking ourselves. What we’ve seen about Silas in the caves is that he can appear as a hallucination…. So the question is, is that what’s happening here? Or is he physically standing before her? Does he look like Shane? Is he taking on Shane’s form? What is going on? What is this guy capable of?

TVLINE | How dark will Bonnie’s path get? Will she continue to try to carry out this plan and kill 12 people?
Bonnie is being extremely controlled and manipulated right now by this Shane/Silas figure. We’ll see that escalate over the next several episodes to its breaking point.

TVLINE | Will Shane on the island survive?
As far as we know, Shane on the island has met his terrible demise, although we did not see him take his last breath. You never know on this show.

TVLINE | Now that Katherine has the cure, will she play a bigger role this season?
That was definitely not the last we’ll see of Katherine.

1. Elle says:

I think that was a pretty fair assessment of Elena’s character evolution over the seasons TL, and for the most part I agree. I did always think though that when Elena made the snap decision to kill Kol (and with it being SOOO out of character for her) that it was a more subversive effect of the sire bond. The show kept touting the fact that Elena had to follow any direct order given by Damon, but the sire bond also makes you put that person’s interest first. Damon had to be locked up in the basement, being periodically bled out and starved until they could break the compulsion (and with them being unable to see each other), so killing Kol was the fastest (if not safest way) to set him free. That it also played into their quest for the cure was just icing.
    That’s why I also didn’t understand why certain charact ers wanted to turn Klaus human as an answer to their problems. If (and inevitably when) he died as a human wouldn’t that still kill of his entire line?
    In regards to Jeremy’s death, I think it’s sad and I’ll miss him. I think his storyline was getting a little ridiculous though and he deserved better. Having Elena turn off her humanity in an attenpt to break the sire bond wouldve served the same purpose. I also wondered why the hypnosis technique that Shane used to subvert Jeremy’s hunter instincts- using Bonnie as an emotional touchstone so he’d have a choice whether to kill a given vampire or not, wouldn’t have worked with Elena’s sire bond. They could have used Stefan as her touchstone to give her a choice into whether or not to follow a command by Damon. It wouldve further played into the triangle too (which while annoying to us viewers should’ve made the writees happy).

• Faster says:

In response to the last part, I think it’s because we are going to find out there is no sire bond. Shane almost said as much when he said he doesn’t know of a cure for loving someone too much.

2. scorpo says:

Wait, Jeremy is really dead? No more shirtless scenes of Steven R. McQueen?!!! NOOOOOOOOO

3. Sad says:

“Look if you burn down the house, it’ll be gone. What if one day when this is all over, you want to come home again?” “I won’t.”

That ending dialogue between Stefan and Elena seemed to reference their relationship in particular. He’s saying that maybe if she’s not a vampire anymore or there’s no sire bond or things go back to the way they once were or somehow get back to normal, she’ll love him again and want to be with him again. Her response was heartbreaking for Stelena fans.

The show could just be referencing that she’s changed in general and will never be who she was before, but it was curious that Stefan was the one to pose the question that way and the look on his face said everything. Her response also said everything as well. As a Stelena, my hopes for them getting back together were spoiled at the end of this episode.

• Julie says:

I can see why you’d think that but I don’t get the same impression. I don’t really have strong feelings about who Elena should be with, but I think the scene was more just to show her changing in general. It makes sense that Stefan would make that comment because he always says things like that to her. I don’t think you should lose hope b/c let’s face it- this show loves to keep the triangle going.

• Cathy O. says:

You know what Sad, I didn’t really think about it like that but you have made a very good point. And remember also Stefan was the only one of the three to look back at the house when they were leaving at the end.

I am a Delena fan and hoping for a happy ending for her and Damon. I like Stefan too and hope he finds someone like Caroline or Rebekah. I really love the show but the love triangle has gotten pretty old for me (as well as for a lot of other viewers). She needs to choose one of them and and let’s move on with more exciting stories and new characters since it seems that most of the town has died.

4. JusMe says:

Many people want to keep the shows safe. Same characters always winning and safe. Then in 2 years your show is boring and sucks. Vampire diaries keeps moving at a fast pace and killing off characters always bring strong feelings and keeps the show interesting.

5. Rjrtist says:

The ratings were up because everyone wanted to see what happened to Jeremy. Now that we do we’ll see what happens to the ratings of the shows next outing. If they’re down then they ticked off a lot of viewers. If they’re up then they put out a storyline that everybody wants to see what happens next. Let’s hope it’s not the latter.

• queen. says:

i will watch….the show is getting better…..we are free from the triangle in the next episoades….elena is dark..wants to party…katherine is back..rebeka wants to find katherine….elena will fight kath in 4×18….how can i stop watching?????

6. Matt Davis (Alaric) didnt leave the vampire diaries for cult, his contract was up and decided to leave the show because he thought that his character had lots of potenial and creativity but julie plec didnt really want to develop his character. As a result he didnt want to continue on and he didnt renew his contract. AFTER he left the show then cult came along.

7. Jizzy Narny says:

I’ve teared up for TVD before, even had a couple tears roll down my face, but oh God, when the house was burning up at the end I sobbed and sobbed- I am so so angry that they killed off Jeremy. I’m still upset and I finished the episode 2 hours ago. I feel as if I’ve lost something…I don’t care that they needed Elena to go dark, this was NOT the way to do it. I swear I still want to lie down on my bed and cry for a fictional character.

8. makka12 says:

Bad choice on killing jeremy off the show, I pray that in the next few episodes bonnie somehow manages to pull off this whole silas ritual thing so that jeremy can come back, hopefully jeremy return could be the thing that makes elena turn her humanity back on or something. Fingers crossed :/

9. Amber says:

They really messed up this season. Seems like one episode after the Christmas one and the plots went south.

10. keana says:

it would be soo good if they bring all the “dead” supernaturals back with ALARIC!!! i think that’s what they want to happen!!!

11. Dayne says:

Firstly, Jeremy’s death couldn’t have come at a better time. Apart from the obvious reason which most of you seem to pick on (advancement of Elena’s character towards the dark side) , Jeremy as a character had peaked in terms of character development. He became a hunter , got buff and completed the tattoo . What possible use can you find for such a character henceforth? The two options were , Van Helsing sequel and the more sensible choice , sacrificial lamb. Apart from advancing Elena’s character, his death is of prime significance to Damon and Stefan who often fail to admit that the only other person they care about apart from Elena, is each other and this death will only help remind them and strengthen the brotherly bond between the two. Furthermore , Bonnie the bitch , I meant witch has a valid reason to go maniacal with her ability as she was truly in love with Jeremy and was robbed of the chance of letting him know how she felt. The writer never fails to disappoint. And for all the Klaus haters , he’s done more good than people realise regardless of his intentions. A potential act of love is

12. Dayne says:

A potential act of love , is on the cards with Klaus meeting his demise by brutally sacrificing himself to save the woman he loves . Caroline!!! Elijah must make his return by aiding the gang and in turn protecting his lovely Australian sister Rebekha. As for the Silas/Shane clone debacle , it was too predictable and not the entrance you’d be hoping from the supposedly deadliest immortal being ( pun :) ) . All in all , the death of characters close to the audience is what really captivates us. Alaric and Jenna were streets ahead in terms of importance as compared to Jeremy and the rest .

13. MLT says:

Jeremy is gone for good. Now, so am I.

14. Courtney E says:

Everybody keeps saying that it was a mistake for Julie to kill off Jeremy. Everyone keeps forgetting that McQueen could have asked to be killed off, gotten another offer from a different show, you honestly never know what is happening behind the scenes. I honestly believe that this was a really great episode. All of the actors really delivered.

15. queen says:

after the hunter story what could jer do????? sit at home???? come one..the show is taking a new direction….elena will get dark and the show will be more interesting..i am tired of the triangleeee….

16. Anonymous says:

For as long as Jeremy is off the show, is as long as I will not be watching.

17. Hattie says:

I am thrilled that they killed off Jeremy! I have hated his character since day one (nothing against the actor, he did a fine a job). Jeremy was dead weight, just like Tyler. I’m glad the characters I actually care about will be getting more screen time. (Can Bonnie be next, please?) I thought the episode was well written. I even found myself getting emotional – despite my dislike of Jeremy. Reminded me a bit of the Buffy episode where her Mom died. Very raw. I am disappointed by the Elena turns off her humanity storyline, but I get why they are taking this route. Jeremy’s death is Elena’s fault. Jeremy was there to get the cure for her. So I guess I’d rather watch Elena without humanity than Elena crying hysterically and blaming herself.

• sls says:

I’m not sure if this is what you meant or not, but, had Elena retained her humanity she probably would have blamed herself and felt Jer’s death was her fault, the reality is that it is not her fault. The blames rests on Silas and on Katherine.
      My guess is, Jeremy being a hunter, Silas ends up with the Hunter’s curse. Maybe even Katherine is cursed.So we will be seeing a bit more of Jeremy in ghost form.

18. sls says:

I read an interview with Julie that hinted (but didn’t say specifically) that Elena’s new happy place may temporarily or permanently break the sire bond, meaning that the bond was linked to her emotions and with her emotions shut down the bond is either broken or simply irrelevant. Interesting.

Damon thought to use the sire bond to get her to turn her emotions back on. It looks like that plan may require a plan B. Very interested to see what it’s going to take for Elena to get her humanity back. Maybe it takes Damon turning human…maybe he turns human for her. Maybe he won’t even turn human and it is just a bunch of rumors. Can’t wait to find out.

• Cathy O. says:

That is interesting sis about the sire bond. I am hoping it works out that way. Overall, I am enjoying the plot and can’t wait to see the outcome. This show is really exhausting to watch because it keeps me on edge and I don’t know how I am going to be able to wait two more weeks before it returns!

19. sierra says:

i was just getting over slater’s death in season 2 and was thinking of getting back to this damned show but you just killed off jeremy. and once you’ve killed off jeremy, then obviously matt will be next. so forget it. honestly, those salvatore brothers aren’t interesting enough to keep me watching this show.

20. Ange says:

At one point they have to say. “These people are the ones we keep forever”. Like Elana, Damon, Stephan, Bonnie. I absolutely love Caroline and Matt. And even Tyler. Those people need to make it to the end. I’m begging please!

21. Hopa says:

BRING JEREMY BACK!!! I don’t care how you do it, just please do it!!! I loved that character and Elena needs some family. It was so unnecessary.

22. Lauren says:

Just because the killed Jeremy doesnt mean he wont appear on the show again. Ever heard of flashbacks?

23. marina says:

O come on people it is just a show, writers non writers and I am sure all of you can’t wait for the next episode I know I can’t, I love the Vampire diaries it is so entertaining and one of the best tv series ever……………………………

24. Qeanna says:

Honestly I’m second hand embarrassed reading these comments, it’s called punctuation, capitlization, and self awareness; complaining about how “JeReMy wAs SOOOO CuTe I nO wAtCh NoW he DIE BOOOOOO” doesn’t really get your point across (if you actually had one) sometimes I wonder if we’re watching the same show. I like the fact that the “main” characters aren’t safe, it makes the show interesting. I don’t want to know what’s going to happen every week because no body can die. If that’s what you want go watch True Blood they NEVER kill anyone ;)

25. Cathy O. says:

I enjoyed Jeremy’s character but understand why the show needs to get rid of particular characters in order to move the stories along. I will continue to support the show until it ends because I think the majority of the stories are very well-written. My very favorite character that died was Alaric. I was really bummed when he died but I continued to watch the show because it’s good. Unfortunately, you have to roll with the punches, nothing is guaranteed.

• sls says:

I agree totally, Cathy O. I will also be sticking around till the end. Alaric’s death was the only one that really got to me too. Jer was nice eye candy but he had to take one for the team, so to speak. I think if you’re a true fan of the show, not just a fan of specific characters or ships, you will be sticking with your show no matter what.

26. Cathy O. says:

Is it just me or does Julie Plec never really answer the questions directly?

I am excited to see Elena without her humanity but hoping it doesn’t last forever. Also, please wrap the “sire bond” story up before the end of the season. I had a nightmare that the sire bond was not released until the last episode of the season and that we had to wait until Season 5 to find out the outcome. Please tell me that won’t happen!!!!!!!!!!

27. Faster says:

I can’t believe people are still claiming that they won’t watch anymore because Jeremy died. CLEARLY, no one here has read Game of Thrones.

28. kelly says:

Iv loved this series from the day it started n u just killed the pack really to be honesy its not gonna be the same with out jeremy bring him back please and im not asking cause he was gawjus pretty or nice only cause he was part of the gang how its spose to be damon stephan elaina rebekka even though shes a b**** lol but thatsjust rebekka n matt tylor bonnie n tylors gf cant remember her name lol and as for clause you should get him to become friends with damon n stephan nut only to kill silas then make clause a real bad ass again n let clause let tylor live n not have to run no more because the gang helped get rid of silas n shane must come back and warn them all that silas is minupulating bonnie to bring all evil please please bring jeremy back

29. HAFTOM says:

AMAZING DAMEN SALVATOR

30. Thiskid says:

People getting mad about killing off characters is understandable I was deeply sad about what happen to Jeremy… They should’ve made his death more fitting for him… I mean he killed a original!
    I think they will bring him back and the next seasons will be about them doing something with the resurrected.
    Or they find a new way to bring him back cause it was rumor that a dead character was gonna make a return, they should have done where Matt can see Jeremy, or make him a “phantom” from the books. Jeremy that is…

31. Thiskid says:

Also don’t say stuff like that about Julie plec she is a talented screenwriter, I’m sure she has a trick up her sleeves for the rest of this season and the next!

32. KMA says:

Wow, some of you need to learn how to spell and use punctuation!!!! Also, this is just a TV show meant for enjoyment. It’s an hour every week where you can turn off your brain, relax, laugh and enjoy the show!!!

33. Lamyy says:

I liked jeremy, buh he wasnt really making much sense 2 me anymore. I always felt like e was holding elena back. Stelena shud neva happen again…dey were boring nd predictable. I like d kind of love Damon has 4 elena…its strong and confident. He ll do anything 2 protect her. Even leave her if neccessary. I ll miss jeremy…i d tot he d get bac with bonnie nd mayb he can finally live happily ever after with his sister coz he s gone tru so much too. Buh i like dat TVD isnt doin wat i expected..dats y i still watch. Nd till i see Delena confirmed..im nt leaving.

34. beth says:

why is everyone saying this is Elena’s story when it’s Stefan’s ?…. what. ” I’m a vampire and this is my story” in the pilot. Not to mention Elena didn’t even get her own storyline really up until this season.

35. beth says:

i ahet how this show has basically become the ” do everything for Elena show.” do damon and stefan even have their own freaking storylines this seasons ? I really don’t give a crap about Elena and I hate her character.

• Melanie says:

Beth, if they had their own story lines I’d prefer to watch them any day! Haha.

This show revolves way too much around Elena, it’s like the writer is in love with her or something! Haha. It’s just getting boring… If they focused on the supporting characters and building that TEAM the viewer would feel more safe within the friendships of the show and continue to watch. But watching an ep thinking “oh who’s next” and “elena is annoying” is not a very nice feeling.

36. betsy says:

o0ook so0o the shows getting a little boring to me and presdictable when is nicklause and caroline going to have something together dieing dead to see that love story because truthfully storyline writers that the only good thing the show is supposta be about love and its battles this is just stupid

37. vampbit123 says:

I think you all need to calm down ad take a breath. Personally I hate that they killed Jeremy but I’m not gonna sit here and b**** about it. Jeremy was my favorite character and it sucks that he died and I probably won’t be chomping at the bit to watch the next episode every week like I used to but I’ll still watch the show I love this show. The plot is good and the characters are awesome. As long as they don’t end the show with the whole town dead with Elena cured and in a mental hospital rambling on about vampires werewolvesand witches/warlocks or they show Elena leaving town with a suitcase saying some bull**** line about how” everyones dead but it’s ok because they did it so I could get another chance at a new life and it’ll be hard but they’ll always be alive in my memory I’ll be okay”I’ll be good and follow this show but I really hope Jeremy’s not dead and if some of u guys don’t like my comment tough s*** I’m not here to please you

• vampbit123 says:

Ps. I love Elena’s character the actress does an amazing job and Elena is fairly emotional and cares about her family which I admire

• Baby Shay says:

I never used t like her as an actress when she was on Degrassi but since the first episode of VD I changed my tune…she’s doing a fantastic job especially when she ha to play 2 diff characters at times Elena and Catherine

38. Juliet says:

Why is everyone hating on Elena??? This show started with Elena, its gonna BE about Elena, and it probably END with Elena. So people need to calm themselves. I dont see people complaining about Bella on ‘The Twilight Sage’ series. So why is people complaining about Elena? Who cares if u guys dont like her. This show is about her! If u guys dont like, or keep claiming that u guys arent going to watch it anymore, then just STOP. Julie may not write or give us wat we viewer or fans want, but its HER way of telling this story. Not ours. She is not born to please anyone. She is born to write her own story. If any of u have a problem with it, just stop watching. People are just dumb for giving up on TVD. A true, devoted fan is not one to say ‘Im going to stop watching cuz she/he died, or ‘Im going to stop watching if Elena doesnt choose Damon/Stefan,’ etc. Stop with the crap. This is a story. Things go wrong, things go good. People die, and some live. Also, there is SILAS now, so.. who knows. Everyone might be coming back. Jeremy too is a ‘Supernatural.’ Thats why the ring didnt bring him back. Alaric was supernatural, Lexi was, Anna, and so on. Everyone’s favorite character is bond to come back sooner or later (if this plan works and gets reached), so people need to just be patient and watch. Stop bashing on Julie. Even tho things may have gone wrong, she did started a GREAT story. If u are just going to keep on with the negative thoughts, then u are not a true fan. U can just stop watching if u dont like it. Nobody is forcing u to keep watching, and Julie definitely isnt making u watch it. She may lose fans, but it doesnt mean she will lose her true fans. I kno I will still be watching no matter wat happens. So really, she doesnt care if u stop watching. She knows she still has her true fans. She isnt worried. So, stop complain. If u want to stop watching, and only have bad things to say about this show, just stop watching already. This is Julie’s story. Who cares if people die or if things dont go the way u want. This is Julie’s story, not urs. She cant please everyone. And u definitely cant be mad at her for not writing wat YOU want her to write. To all u people who have bad things to say, & repeatily saying u will stop watching, just do it already. Because if u cant do that, then just keep watching & keep ur mouth shut. Simple as that.

• Juliet says:

CORRECTION: To all u people who have bad things to say, & repeatily saying u will stop watching, just stop watching already.

• Juliet says:

& Like someone else has mentioned, people need to die in this show from time to time. I mean, its a Vampire show. & The last time people has really died in this show, was back in Season 3. So, calm down people. Its not like everyone is dying left to right. Also, just because ur character is killed off, doesnt mean the show will change dramatically. Some ppl make it seem like the story will be boring without Jeremy or their favorite character just because they dont see him anymore. Do u guys only watch this show because u guys think hes hot?? Dont u guys watch this show because of its storyline or because of the Salvatore Brothers? I mean, seriously.. Wat happen to all the fans? Everyone loved Stefan & Damon AND Elena in Season 1 & 2, but now.. its like all I here now is, “If u kill off him/her, I will stop watching.” Like, wtf? This story revolves around Elena, Stefan, and Damons life. Not soo much the others. And sometimes things have to happen so they can shift the story a lil bit. Just stop complaining, and just watch. OR.. just stop watching if u dont like it. Nobody is stopping you.

39. Juliet says:

I too was disappointed that Jeremy was killed off, but Im not being an idiot about it! & Im definitely not bashing Julie about it. People need to be more respectful. This isnt the end of the world, so.. I dont understand why people are getting so worked up about this.

• Melanie says:

Because if the writers keep killing off great supporting characters, there will be NO MORE VAMPIRE DIARIES. I give it 1 more season… People are obviously over it. Look at all the comments and how many people agree that killing a character of to boost views short term, will KILL the future of the show long term.

• Shaun says:

The ratings have already been slightly going down but now this has made it worse. I really am wondering if they will undo this due to that very fact. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cure somehow brings Jeremy back and Elena will get her humanity back even though she’s still a vampire. She saved her brother. Maybe somehow Bonnie’s magic will bring Jeremy’s ghost out and the cure will make him corporeal. I don’t know but they have to do something. Otherwise, I think next season will be it’s last.

40. dre says:

i like potatoes

41. Nash4 says:

Elaina is my least fav character..she annoys d hell out of me, thnk god for the others I Dnt even knw if its because its a bad actress being used or if everyone is so in love wid her. She the main character but the other storylines that Dnt include her are so much more interesting and why does bonnie have to loose everyone trying to help her

42. Amy says:

I don’t really care about Jeremy I never tuned in excited to see what was up with Jeremy. However, I’m very much looking forward to seeing Elena as a bad vamp :D I don’t like how every character seems to be killed off (and how it’s ALWAYS Elenas fault) I was GUTTED when they got rid of Alaric but I’m still hoping they bring him back where as I couldn’t care less if they brought Jeremy back, what would he do mope in his bedroom complaining that he died and everyone lies wahh wahh wahh. Meh I like where vampire diaries is going and I’m going to continue watching :)

43. lucyloo says:

you guys all sound really stupid, get over you don’t know what could happen!!!!!!

44. april says:

everyone keeps saying how boring or how stupid the shows getting, well if you don’t like it stop watching it, no one wants to hear about you complaining about it all the time. its simple you don’t like the show anymore don’t watch it!!!

45. Baby Shay says:

I’m really ticked off bc they killed off Jeremy…y couldn’t Matt be the one to die since he’s useless in my opinion….I’m not sure I really like Elena this way…yea she’s not a whiny lil victim ne more but I dnt like how she’s walking around acting like she’s gods gift to earth it just makes me wanna reach thru the tv and punch her in the face lol I really wish Caroline would have beat her a$$ and hopefully now that Tyler seems to be gone for awhile Care and Klaus will finally hook up fingers crossed lol. Ne who keep up the good work guys and I can’t wait till the nxt episode…ps plse hve stephan and rebekka hook up as well thanks

• Matt’s kindness and compassion are appealing to this show and brings about balance in a show that is filled with self absorbed characters. He doesn’t have super powers and that is good. I didn’t see the point in killing Jeremy or Tyler’s mother the way that they did. I guess it won;t be long before the off Coraline’s mother which would be yet another poor judgment call.

46. Jem says:

I’m just going to miss Jeremy’s topless body…. *sigh*

47. Here is my take on this. Although Stefan, Damon and Elena are the main characters in this show, it is an ensemble cast. These characters are not likable enough to hold a fan base for a substantial amount of time on their own without the shows popularity suffering. I feel that Ms Plec is being exceedingly short sighted killing off popular characters for shock value to ad drama to the show. This is very uncreative and will not work long term The reason that the main characters do so well is because the supporting caste make you better relate to them. Elena has been incredibly selfish and self centered so killing off popular characters for shock value is back firing. It is getting increasingly more difficult to like her human or vampire. I liked Jeremy flaws and all. He was very likable and easy to relate to. I also enjoyed Elena’s misguided love for him. I say misguided because she is for most of the horrible things that happen to him. She is a hypocrite in that it was beyond her to understand why Rebecca would go through such lengths to protect her family when she was guilty of sacrificing the lives of others to attain her own means.

This Damon, Elena Stefan triangle is getting tiresome and will cease to be interesting all together soon. The Originals story line kept the show from sinking. Now that the Originals will have their own show I am far more interested in seeing that than Vampire diaries.

I remember when Ghost Whisperer writers thought that they were being clever killing off Jim’s Character for shock value it destroyed the show. Main characters in a TV show are NOTHING without the supporting characters. They are what helps to build an interesting story and keeps the public interested in what happens to the lead. I am should be surprised that the Vampire Diaries writers don’t know better than this but I am not. This won’t be the first show that poor writing and decision making has destroyed and it won’t be the last.

48. I meant to say that Elena is the responsible for most of the horrible things that happened to Jeremy.

49. papaka says:

I have been browsing on-line more than 3 hours today, but I never discovered any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty value sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you did, the net will likely be much more useful than ever before.|