Should the Good Wife Cut Loose? Who Needs to Be Dead? Parks & Rec's Big Hero? And More Qs

Red Team/Blue TeamWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Good Wife, The Following, Arrow and Grey’s Anatomy!

1 | Can Saturday Night Live‘s Olya Povlatsky please show up as often as possible? (And wasn’t it fun to see Seth Meyer’s uncontainable giggles?)

| Who’s rooting for The Good Wife to make Florrick, Agos and Associates a reality? If there’s anything this week’s episode proved, it’s that Alicia and Cary vs. Will and Diane is gold. And wasn’t it only fitting to see Kalinda “go both ways” when snooping for the red and blue teams?

RELATED | The Good Wife‘s Matt Czuchry on What Makes Cary ‘Re-evaluate’ His Future at the Firm

3 | Given how the Once Upon a Time seer’s previous tellings were vexing cases of semantics, what could she really have meant by “the boy is more than he appears” and “will be your undoing”?

4 | Even for the two people in the world who didn’t know that Downton Abbey was going to be offing Matthew, wasn’t the telegraphing of his demise… well, overkill? Who doesn’t expect a tragedy to befall any character who, at the happiest moment of his life, goes for a drive grinning as broadly as a Muppet?!

| How did Revenge‘s Nolan know that Nate shot Jack? Can Declan’s laptop camera see through walls? Also, are you surprised at how much Amanda grew on you? And in the battle of the CGI-ed boat scenes, who wins: Ringer or Revenge?

RELATED | Revenge Finale to Be [Spoiler]-centric! Plus: A First Look at Emily and Jack In Mourning

6 | Although the Governor is ostensibly the Big Bad of this season’s Walking Dead, isn’t it going to be just as satisfying — if not more satisfying — when Merle finally gets served his just desserts? If ever there was a $#*!-eating grin begging to be wiped off in as painful a manner as possible, isn’t it his?

7 | Who knew the WWE loved The Office so much? After all, aren’t they paying homage to the long-running Michael/Dwight “Assistant to the Regional Manager” thing with this Brad Maddox/Vickie Guerrero storyline?

8 | On Bunheads, did anyone else think the condom might be Fanny’s?

VIDEO | Bunheads Season Finale Exclusive: The Girls Catch Michelle [Spoiler]ing!

9 | Did we miss the scene where Castle loops in Meredith, even via a one-way phone call, to their daughter’s abduction…? And didn’t Kate’s unabashed workplace embrace of Rick speaks volumes about her feelings?

following27510 | Could The Following have painted any larger of a bullseye on the local lawman who all but tinkled himself while assisting Ryan? And really, not one other member of the Albany PD or the FBI managed to respond to the call from that elderly couple that found Joey, nor made it to the farmhouse where Ryan had tracked the quartet of psychopaths?

11 | On The Bachelor, isn’t it amazing that Desiree’s brother was painted as a villain for calling Sean a playboy and questioning his intentions, whereas in any other situation outside of the dating show, he’d be the voice of reason for calling out a dude making serious overtures toward his sis and three other women?

12 | We’re all for General Hospital‘s nostalgia-fueled comebacks, but is anyone else getting a weird, incesty vibe from Frisco every time he speaks to and about his daughter Maxie? And can we blame years of Sonny-centric focus/little need for Port Charles heroes for the “deadbeat dad” label Frisco sadly got slapped with?

13 | Who on The New Normal do we have to pay to see more than a brief blip of the Glee-skewering Sing!?

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Scandal, Spartacus, Once Upon a Time, Grey’s, Beast and More!

14 | Why is Hart of Dixie trying to break our hearts with the latest out-of-the-blue Wade developments?!

15 | Should Cult have swapped Jessica Lucas and Alona Tal’s roles?

16 | Wait, we’re really supposed to believe Smash‘s Karen is increasingly attracted to douchey Brooklyn songwriter Jimmy after he’s made snide remarks about her looks, mocked her taste in music, implied she got her big break via the casting couch and then finally repaid her efforts to help his career by storming the rehearsal room for the Broadway musical she’s starring in and making a spectacle of himself?

Dodger17 | Has the fleshing out of Arrow‘s vigilante squad almost made that part of the show too much more fun than the rest?

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Glee, Smash, Good Wife, Revenge and More!

18 | Poll! Did a single one of Modern Family‘s 10 million viewers not guess that Gloria had sneaked off for a spa day?

19 | Is The Americans reminding you how much more tense and spine-tingling spy dramas were before cell phones, omnipresent traffic cams and such? That said: Should Elizabeth been a bit more subtle quizzing Stan about the assassination intel? And for having been buried in the ground for two decades, didn’t Elizabeth’s firearm container look like it just came off an IKEA showroom floor?

20 | Can’t Southland‘s Lydia ever catch a break?

21 | Did no one at American Idol realize the “tiebreaker” twist in the Season 12 Vegas rounds came off as pure fictional theater? Seriously, if the judges were split 2-to-2 over whether or not to advance Paul Jolley, it stands to follow that a second contestant’s fate also stood in limbo. So how come Jimmy Iovine was only asked to break the tie on Jolley, without any knowledge of who he’d thus send home?

VIDEO | New Spoiler Alert!: Castle Renewal Update, Once Upon a Time‘s Next Casualties and Grey’s Intern Camilla Luddington on an Alex/Jo Kiss

greys27522 | As fun as it was to see Grey’s Anatomy‘s Catherine ride to Seattle Grace’s rescue, is there anybody — anybody! — who wouldn’t have preferred for her to claim that seat on the board herself instead of giving it to Jackson?

23 | Can we attribute Scandal‘s Olivia needing 50 minutes to realize what was really up with “chaste” congressman Caldwell to her just being off her game in the wake of Fitz’s jilting?

24 | Can we all agree that the best part of this week’s Community was the tag, in which a typically emotionless Abed declares his hatred for Pierce after he single-handedly destroyed Inspector Spacetime? (Though Luke Perry and Jennie Garth were also a nice touch.)

25 | Whose Parks and Recreation‘s wedding-saving skills were more impressive: Project Runway fan/dressmaker Ann, or ring-smelter Ron?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. Lucy says:

2. I’m. I think TGW needs a fresh change. It could be risky and hard to handle, but it could give the show new life.

• ' says:

I go more far. I want Alicia, Carry, Kalinda, Diana and Elsbelth, all together in one firm (yes, I dont want Will on the mix, although I love the actor, he’s kind of boring me now).But I can do with Florrick, agos and Tascioni, no problem ( but Kalinda has to be in the package!)

• Steven says:

Oh, Kalinda would follow Alicia and Cary in a heartbeat, so long as they understand she’s not taking a pay cut. She’d probably emphasize the money in true ice-queen fashion, but they’d get her.

• canadian ninja says:

I think Kalinda is at least as loyal to Will as she is to Alicia (whose cold shoulder still hasn’t thawed completely) and Cary.

• Lucy says:

Kalinda can be loyal to Will but it’s L&G which don’t deserve loyalty right now. The only thing which matters there is money. They really treated those associates like crap. As Cary said they wanted to share just the debt but not the money. And I doubt they’ll share money with Kalinda too. So, well, I can see her teaming with Cary in the future. But what I really need is a BIG BIG payback for Cary. I’ve enough of him losing to Alicia because of her last name more than her skill and I’ve enough of him sitting defeated and understanding in his (former?) office.

• Dee says:

I think Kalinda will be re-evaluating her loyalty to Will after this latest ethics slip. It was amazing how Will & Diane just went along with the betrayals…..money above all for them. Will suggests the one partnership to break up the group and then tells Alicia she got it because “you’re good”.
            And Kalinda is much closer to Cary than Will.

• Lucy says:

Yeah, I think she’s going to re-evaluating it. Right now I really can’t stand L&G. I don’t how but I really hope Cary will find a way to screw them over and get what he wants.

• Dee says:

We were mesmerized by this episode. Cary & Alicia are simply terrific together. The thought of them teaming up with Kalinda and, as some have suggested, possibly Elsbeth, would be great TV in the making. I fear now that the show will have “boss vs. employee” tensions now that only Alicia got promoted. But for the last few episodes we did get to see terrific on screen chemistry between Cary & Alicia. It has been wonderful. Please let it continue.

2. Nick says:

Revenge’s boat scene was way better, and yes every single person who saw Modern Family knew that Gloria would sneak off to the spa

3. courts says:

Like Once Upon a Time’s thing is gonna be a surprise. ~he’s more than he appears = he’s your grandson. ~will be your undoing = gonna convince Rumple to give up magic through the power of true biological love by building a relationship. I’d love to be wrong, of course, but all their ‘twists’ are so telegraphed that it’s exactly the kind of mistake Rumple would make and then have it be the opposite.

• Rachel says:

I completely agree. I was pretty sure that when that happened, it was that Henry would be the one to finally convince Rumple to change his magicky ways.

4. Matt says:

I really wish that Debbie Allen would be a series regular instead of recurring character, her role as Catherine is so entertaining!!

• Louise says:

agreed i love me some momma avery :) and i love her relationship with richard :) she delivers some of the best one liners in the show, i want her on the board not jackson!

• DarkDefender says:

I am guessing Ms. Allen wouldn’t commit to being a series regular to be the boss/head of the board. Also, I think it gives a new dynamic for Jackson who has lost a bit of his sparkle when he stopped having McSteamy to play against.

5. Newo says:

24. I had the exact same thoughts, not sure what that says about the episode as a whole, but that tag was great.

Also, no mention of the one month time jump on Dallas and the fact that nothing happened at all in regards to any storyline in that time.

• dan says:

Here area few Dallas questions: where was the legal consultant that they should’ve hired (I’m available) to help write those terrible courtroom scenes? And who really believes that an attempted murder case would go to trial in a month? Seriously?

6. Isaac says:

25. I think Ron saved the wedding a little more, though Ann was more entertaining doing so. (Every crazy thing Leslie made her do was practice for this, she had a “great teacher: Leslie, who’s crazy.”, etc.)

7. 14: Out-of-the-blue? Wade has always shown signs of insecurities, and lack of confidence when it comes to his future (a few examples: 2.08 when he said he thought everyone was better than him as a kid, 2.13 when he said no one ever took care of him and his backstory, her mother dying and his brother leaving for war which left him alone to raise himself and take care of his drunk father) He put too much pressure on himself because for once in his life he had people believing in him and he got too afraid of failure. It wasn’t out of the blue and it’s nice to see that HoD is actually addressing those insecurities and giving more depth to Wade’s character.

• Liz985 says:

Great comment. Wade has always been erratic. You see traces of a good, but immature, guy throughout Season 1 and it’s coming to a head in Season 2.

• d01 says:

You’re right.. he has always shown his insecurities and immaturity, but I do believe he was acting more mature with Zoe until this point.. let’s see how he’s gonna act now when Zoe confronts him and where that story takes us..

8. Ana says:

There’s a lot here…
    2. Yes, I would love to see Florrick and Argos with a side of Kalinda. But Alicia really failed the loyalty test when she accepted the partnership which she knew was only offered to appease her.
    5. Yes to Amanda. I was very upset to see her die. She actually brought energy and color to the show where everyone else is so bland… it will be hard to watch without her.
    6. OMG, I cannot wait to see Merle get his due. I would love to see Michone really do a number on him. Glenn should tie him up and use him as a punching bag.
    9. Castle: Good point. Didn’t think of that…
    16. It’s getting harder and harder to watch Smash. I think Karen is actually the weakest player. I keep hoping for Ivy to emerge as the star somehow.
    22. In a way, yes because Katherine is clearly perfect for the job but we don’t need her as a permanent figure in SGMW. She’s too much like Bailey and I think it would steal Chandra Wilson’s thunder.
    25. Ann! FTW! I loved, LOVED Leslie’s dress.

9. Andrea says:

5. I’m still really bummed about Amanda. The character really grew on me. I saw it coming but I was still disappointed.
    9. If Castle called Merideth she just would have caused more trouble! I loved Kate hugging Castle and holding his hand in front of Gates. That’s a big thing for her (and Gates totally knows about them). She loves him!

• Katherine215 says:

9. I think they could’ve just said something about Meredith filming a movie in a remote location in like…the jungles of South America or something, at least acknowledging her existence. Since it would be remote and hard to communicate with and travel out of, she could’ve been “enroute” to NYC during both episodes since it’s really only been a day or so since Alexis was taken. It was a little continuity gap that I did think about during the ep.

10. Steven says:

It shouldn’t be Florrick, Agos & Associates. It needs to be Florrick, Agos and Taccione. Between Alicia and Elsbeth, Eli would jump ship and set up his business at the new firm, plus–here’s the ultimate rub–Elsbeth is the outside counsel of record FOR LOCKHART GARDNER.

11. Steven says:

As to #16, yes. Jimmy is cute.

12. Becca says:

2. Yes! I was seriously bummed when Alicia accepted the partnership, though I figured she probably would. Though maybe by season’s end….?
    9. Agree about Kate’s hug, now she just needs to tell him she loves him already!
    22. As much as I love Debbie Allen, I think it’ll be VERY entertaining to see Jackson try to do (and probably hate) the job
    23. Yeah, that seemed really unbelievable to me. Scandal’s a pretty tricky show, and even I picked up what was happening btwn the guy and his brother’s wife during their first scene
    25. I’m gonna go with Anne, just because that’s what Ron does in his spare time lol

13. Nicole says:

Agree, Florrick, Agos and Tascioni FTW!! Though Alicia should have first name rights taken away for being a turncoat on the rest of the fourth years!

• opus says:

I was irritated by Alicia’s action too, but it may be that an offer like this is just too good not to take when offered – and you know Carey would have jumped at it even quicker than Alicia had it been offered to him!

• Dee says:

Cary would not have taken the offer any quicker than Alicia. The episode clearly showed how great Cary & Alicia are together and will be interesting to see how it works with Alicia now a partner.

14. EmmitWest says:

21… made no sense at all. In fact 2 hours to eliminate 5 contestants is more than a little silly.

On the plus side, Nicki and Keith rock as judges.

15. Jessica says:

Re: Scandal. To my eyes, KW played it like Olivia sensed something from the get go. She side-eyed the older brother’s wife in almost every scene the four of them had together because the wife acted twitchy the whole time. But from a screenwriting perspective, it made sense for her to not confront the younger brother until later in the episode, though.

16. Colleen says:

25. Ron, because he used a waffle maker to make their rings.

17. Amanda says:

#22 – I wish Catherine moved to Seattle to be on the hospital board and Jackson moved to Boston instead. He could take April and Stephanie with him.

18. Steven says:

#23–It’s not necessarily that Liv needed 50 minutes to figure it out, it’s that she needed 50 minutes to build up the courage to address it head-on. That speech was pure “I know better than anyone,” and it was more about what she needed to say for herself than it was for him, even if it might have done a bit of good on his end.

19. Rrrrrr says:

On General Hospital- I don’t really get the incesty thing, but honestly Frisco’s return has been so terribly handled that I don’t pay attention. And Maxie as Georgie always felt a disconnect from their parents- wouldn’t you, if your parents left you for years at a time without even a little visit here and there?

• MLO says:

I’m not a fan of the invasion of the old folks. Now, understand, I’m one of them – I’ve been watching the show for 34-ish years, but when Luke, Laura and Scotty were all standing on the docks, it didn’t bring back reminiscences of them in their hey-days – it just spotlighted how much they’ve aged. And, come on, the Ice Princess??? Let’s not, OK? As for Frisco and Felicia – neither could act back in the day – neither can act now. I fast forward through every minute that Felicia is on screen, and will shortly be doing the same with Frisco once this whole Brit thing is resolved. Looking forward to someone (other than Emma) kicking that girl’s a$$.

• dan says:

Too funny! I haven’t watched GH in years, yet I understand each of your points. The Ice Princess? Frisco Jones? Talk about the campy days of soap opera!

20. Montie says:

5. Nolan didn’t see who Nate shot but he heard the gunshot and Amanda screaming and put two and two together.

21. Katherine says:

I think Jimmy on Smash is tolerable because he’s insanely talented, clearly defensive of his work, protective of his best friend, and because of that boyish, genuine enthusiasm he showed when pitching his and Kyle’s show. Let’s be honest, he might be kind of rude, but he’s spot on in calling out Karen for being the fairly bland character that she is.

22. Leah says:

25. I loved seeing Ron make those rings. “People who pay for things are stupid.”
    2. I was also wildly rooting for Florrick Agos & Associates. (Even though the chances were slim to none, even before she was offered the partnership.) I don’t see Alicia taking any kind of chance like that. But I still wish she would.

23. Jen says:

Another Q for Modern Family would be…how do you cast Bud Bundy in an episode and not have him interact with Jay?!?

24. cjeffery7 says:

25 – i genuinely can’t decide between the two. maybe the edge goes to Ann like 1/1 millionth of a point because she worked all day do all this crazy stuff for Leslie. but Ron DID make two beautifully hand crafted wedding rings in 20 minutes… AGH!!

25. Mellie says:

2. ABSOLUTELY. This episode was fantastic and the last few have really been generating a wonderful build to Alicia leaving Lockhart Gardner. I was actually very disappointed when she accepted the partnership, but hopefully that will change by the end of this season.

26. GeoDiva says:

#5: No contest on the boat scenes. Revenge was 10000000000000 times better than that green screen disaster on Ringer.

27. Alex says:

Community was boring last night, not funny at all.

• Alan says:

you kinda had to be a doctor who fan to get half of it, all the references were hilarious. the opening scene with the inspector fighting the blorgons was a hilariously perfect homage to the early budget so small it would make a shoestring-budget look huge years. the only thing i had a problem with was how underused tricia helfer was, but i got over that because donald glover killed it once again as troy.

• Kristina says:

I’ve never seen it (it’s on my list) but the episode made me want to watch it! And I still thought it was hilarious :)

28. Angela says:

24: Haha, yes, I liked that bit, too. I liked that whole episode, actually. I thought it was cute and fun and sweet.

29. Kim R says:

11. Okay, responding to this is admitting I actually watched The Bachelor this season (new guilty pleasure). Des’ brother, of course had a right to be suspicious. That was not the issue. The issue was that he was acting like a tool. There are ways to express your feelings and not behave like an idiot. :)

30. 16 Karen could be one of those silly girls who are attracted to guys who treat them badly.

31. nick1372 says:

3. I think “undoing” will end up actually be good for Mr. Gold. Maybe Henry will somehow cause him to no longer have magic?
    5. It was kind of obvious, with a Nate pointing a gun and Amanda screaming. Also, he did say “I think”. Amanda grew on me a lot. She was the only thing that made that stupid Stowaway storyline watchable. I didn’t see Ringer, but Revenge’s effects were great.
    13. I’d like an episode devoted to that.

32. Spoiler Junkie says:

I am going to say that the final scene of the S2 finale of Suits really deserves a mention. Have we seen such a sizzling scene on the USA Network in the recent past? Because that sex scene was beyond awesome

33. Sara says:

” Should Cult have swapped Jessica Lucas and Alona Tal’s roles?” -> YES.

34. ollie says:

#5 tie between ringer and revenge.#14 why did they do this to zade uhh .#15 yes #18 thats why I gave up watching it during season 2 its the same old plot over and over.#9 loved their hug and that kate didnt care if gates saw. #3 as someone else quessed maybe the boy is august or more to him bc he is henry grandfather.

35. Alicia L. says:

2. I completely agree with what everyone has said thus far. It would be such a cooler show if it were Alicia, Cary, and Kalinda up against Lockhart/ Gardner.

22. I really wish Catherine had become the major board member because I really like her as a character except the fact that she has this really strange relationship with her son, but I want her to become a regular or at least a more permanent recurring character like the interns. I want her to come back and force Jackson into realizing that he still loves April. Or at the very least have April accidentally tell her about her and Jackson’s former friends with benefits relationship.

23. Scandal, I just assumed Olivia didn’t catch until the last minute because she was to focused on what was going on in her own life!

36. Mae says:

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THIS WEEK’S “WHAT NOT TO WEAR”
    After seeing the boost Mayim Bialik’s career has taken since appearing on the show, could Shannon Elizabeth have mustered a little bit more humanity and NOT acted like a 5 year old during every moment except whn Carmindy did her make-up? Kicking the shoes of the mannequin, whining that her hair was too long after expressing telling Ted the hairstylist he could not cut it……
    Hopefully they are planning another American Pie Reunion film, since that’s about the only career move you seem capable of making!

37. 3. Could Henry get to Rumple, causing him to put his guard down, thus allowing for Cora and/or Regina to strike?

24. It was refreshing to see Britta in a more likable light for once.

38. DarkDefender says:

Not so concerned about Castle not immediately calling Meredith about Alexis as she was an absent parent and I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that he was a little overwhelmed and focused on getting her back. A small mention in the upcoming episode might still happen.

Kate showing care/affection at the precinct was natural and great and keeping with the character. And I totally agree with the comment above, that Gates knows, has always known and even though she tries to play it tough … she is a big fan of Castle and has that softer silly side (she was obsessed with the Housewives of Wall Street! and that creepy doll).

I am just excited to see how Castle’s dad will play in all this and how it is going to effect him in the aftermath.

39. MC Maine says:

#19 LOVE The Americans. I’m not optimistic about its chances of renewal, but it’s a fantastic show.

I didn’t think Elizabeth was too obvious quizzing Stan about the assassination attempt. They all seemed like questions anybody––especially anybody living in the DC area––would ask their neighbor the FBI agent.

I was too impressed watching teeny Elizabeth digging up the giant box and hauling it out of its hole to think much about the condition of the box. You do NOT want to mess with Elizabeth.

Totally agree that espionage was much more fun before technology got so sophisticated and ubiquitous.

40. Lisa says:

I don’t think Kate and Rick are fooling anyone on Castle. I hate Zoe with Wade – he’s too immature and nowhere near smart enough for Zoe. Plus, they have nothing in common and sorry,Zade Lovers – you have to get out of bed at some point and when these two do they will have nothing left. Zoe and George are a better fit. As for Karen…I don’t like her with Jimmy. He treats her like dirt, he’s smarmy and they have no chemistry. Karen and Derek have incredible chemistry and they light up the screen together so I do not understand why SMASH”s new showrunner isn’t getting the two of them together! The scenes they share are pure gold!

41. Samantha says:

Here’s my question of the week: who did Scott Caan pay to get namechecked on TWO shows this week? (New Girl and Parks and Rec) I love Scott, it just seemed incredibly random.

42. John says:

22. Yes! Debbie Allen needs to be a series regular! At least hopefully this means thst Cathrine Avery will pop up at Seattle Grace a little more often now that her foundation owns the hospital.