Game of Thrones Season 3 Sneak Peek: Death, Dragons and the King Beyond the Wall

Get More: First Look, Video

Game on!

Feast your eyes on Game of Thrones‘ Season 3 trailer, which debuted during Friday night’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and prepare for some intense intrigue as competition for the Iron Throne escalates.

RELATEDGame of Thrones Super-Sizes Season 3 – What Could Fill the Extra Minutes?

There are familiar favorites like Catelyn and Tyrion. There are new faces like Mance Rayder, aka King Beyond the Wall. And there’s a dragon. An awesome, fire-breathing dragon.

Press PLAY on the video to see what the good (and bad) people of Westeros and beyond will be up to this season, which bows March 31 (HBO, 9/8c). When you’re done, make sure to hit the comments with your snappy judgments: Are you on board for more dragons, death and Daenerys?

Comments (23)

• Ahhhh can’t wait!!

Comment by Jessa – February 22, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Unsullied! Beric Dondarion! And lots and lots of dragons. I can’t hardly wait!

Comment by Riddle – February 23, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The song is AMAZING by the way. It’s called “Bones” by MS MR.

Comment by Amanda – February 22, 2013 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve literally watched this for an entire hour. CAN’T. FREAKING. WAIT. Sundays are about be so much more awesome again!!! AND THAT DRAGON?!?! GONE. I CAN’T. I NEED MARCH 31st ASAP! PLEASE, LORD OF LIGHT!

Comment by Andrew H – February 22, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have read all the books and if you have as well please be a decent human being and don’t post any spoilers!!!!

Comment by David – February 22, 2013 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so scared about the red wedding.

Comment by Russ – February 23, 2013 01:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t even want to think about it…

Comment by Whatever – February 23, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss all those characters, but I particularly like the Khalessi’s story, and also Jon Snow and Ygritte…

Comment by Liz – February 23, 2013 03:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Riverrun was in here it looks like. Not sure if I saw the blackfish or not. Looked like Thoros of Mir and his flaming sword. And the elder Tulley but I won’t spoil where you saw him.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – February 23, 2013 03:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta love how someone asks for no spoilers and is immediately followed by a massive asshat.

Comment by GeekFurious.com – February 23, 2013 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You talking about what I said, or the Red Wedding thing? All I did was say which new characters that have been announced on this site that I saw. That’s hardly a spoiler.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – February 23, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait! Dragons *_*

Comment by BigAdam – February 23, 2013 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 3/31/13 cannot come soon enough for me. :D Can’t wait.

Comment by kirads09 – February 23, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks spectacular! As always. (; And I wonder how long it’s gonna take the fandom to fall in love with Jaime this season (;

Comment by S. from E. now – February 23, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. We’ll really see Coster-Waldau’s acting chops this season. . . *gulp*

Comment by A – February 23, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jaime and Brienne are one of the most poignant stories next season has to offer. From beginning to end, it will NOT disappoint!

Comment by Repeater offender – February 23, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thought I spied Jon and Ygritte getting pretty comfortable in a cave. ;-)

Comment by anon – February 23, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is that song scoring the trailer?!

Comment by Julia – February 23, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Bones” MS MR

Comment by Alexandra – February 23, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to hear more of “The Rains of Castamere”, but (seven hells) I do not want to see it performed!

Comment by Ingrid – February 23, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?

I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

Comment by Game of Thrones Season 3 Episode 9 – June 7, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very descriptive post, I liked that bit. Will there be a part 2?

Comment by le piratage de facebook – November 27, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post