Pilot Scoop: Revenge Actor Robbie Amell Is One of The CW's Tomorrow People

robbieAnother Amell is heading to The CW, care of Greg Berlanti.

Revenge alum Robbie Amell, cousin of Arrow‘s Stephen Amell, has landed one of the lead roles in The Tomorrow People, the CW drama pilot from Arrow boss Berlanti and Vampire Diaries EP Julie Plec.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers

The superhero drama, adapted from the 1970s UK series, follows several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution. Each of them posses special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically. Together, they fight evil.

Amell will play a character (coincidentally) named Stephen, a tormented young man who longs to be normal and is relieved when he learns that he’s not crazy, but rather part of a group of genetically superior Tomorrow People.

The cast also includes Peyton List (Mad Men), Australian actor Luke Mitchell (Home and Away).

Amell, whose credits also include Pretty Little Liars, Alcatraz and True Jackson, VP, is currently recurring on NBC’s 1600 Penn as Becca’s endearingly dim baby daddy D.B.

1. Sam says:

Um, yes please. I want to go to there.

2. Jake says:

The show is going to fail.

3. maki says:

with such a silid cast this could get an easy pick up for fall. lindsay is innocent sweet a bland naturally beautiful girl and these 2 boys aren’t afraid to take of their shirts.
    great Cw material

4. He played Robins “date” on HIMYM Scooby the dog..HAHAHA!!

5. George says:

Those two are cousins? I always thought they were brothers.

6. Matt says:

um didnt this show already air…it was called “Heroes”

7. Alan says:

so stephen pulled some strings here right? no i kid this guy is quite decent from the stuff ive seen of him before.
    also when was luke mitchell cast? he is pretty good from what i can see through limited, random contact with home and away.

8. Alia says:

Okay, I should probably be embarrassed that the first thought that popped into my mind when I saw his picture was, “Hey, it’s Max from Life With Derek!”

• me says:

OMG thats where hes from!!!!!! hahaha all the other credits didn’t ring a bell for me. He was on PLL? But yes, definitely Life with Derek! He was so hot!

• jules says:

Same here, first thing that came to mind.

Yes, Robbie was on PLL, but only in one episode, relatively recently, as Noel Kahn’s older brother, Eric (?), to whose party at the Kahn cabin the liars (or at least Spencer and Aria I think) went.

9. Mandy says:

I already watched this show. It’s called “Alphas”

10. Jared says:

Robbie Amell is a Star just like his cousin Stephen. Unless this pilot turns out horrible its a lock to be apart of the CWs fall schedule.

11. Quango says:

I watched the tomorrow people in the 70’s and it was a great show, probably why I love sci-fi so much now
    I hope they do original series Justice. Cant wait to see this if they pick it up.

12. DIO says:

I just want to be reassured that Beauty & the Beast is renewed! It is better than the original & my current favorite show after criminal minds1

13. NikkiMartel says:

Oh god, all the CW seem to be able to have in the way of shows are mindless drivel with a bunch of stupid no talent Bimbos of both genders! This could be good maybe if they had some good actors on it, but apparently the CW don’t like having good actors, I guess they don’t want to have to pay their actors much so they choose unknown actors, that other networks would never hire! I don’t watch anything on the CW!

• hellkitty says:

then why are u here? to annoy the people that want new exciting shows with HUNGRY actors. CW has the best shows out right now with supernatural , arrow ect. at least they are exciting shows not something thats a knock off of something else or all that reality bs……………… and the “unknown actors” at least the ones CW has love their fans and their shows ….. also all ACTORS were unknown when they started.

14. Slvr tgr says:

a show with the same name aired o nickelodeon in the early 90’s.

15. Mikael says:

Yes, it does seem similar to Heroes. But unfortunately, Heroes was RUINED after the amazing first season. If Tomorrow People is good, hopefully it doesn’t go the way of Heroes.

16. Julie says:

Sounds similar to the 4400, a damn good show that should not have been cancelled!

17. Darkspyder says:

This show is WAY different from the 4400. I grew up watching the reboot in the 90s and it was a Thames Production in joint alliance with Nickelodeon and this helped Nick beef up their Tween Drama credibility. The characters in this show have powers, but the Tomorrow People are more of a collective than the Heroes bunch. I’m hoping the best for this show! The 90s reboot was more of a freewheeling series with snappy dialog and the characters were wittier and grittier when trying to defeat the evildoers.

I’m curious to see how they relate this show to an older crowd. It worked perfectly in the tween days, because the kids would discover their powers or “break out” around the time of puberty. There was this vessel or computer craft that they would be drawn too and teleport to in the South Pacific. That’s how they discovered they were not alone and decided to team up!

18. Dave says:

Another opportunity for a good concept wasted. I saw an episode of the vacuous resorting to fighting at a moment’s notice? Where is the wisdom, depth of character, human compassion and commanding power of a superior being? Evidently absent from the wit of the script writers.