CBS Pilot Scoop: Charlie Cox Gets Ordained

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

The Ordained CBS Pilot Cast Charlie Cox Boardwalk Empire alum Charlie Cox has been tapped to headline CBS’ Kennedy-esque drama The Ordained, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get the Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers — and Who’s In Them!

The project, penned by author/journalist Lisa Takeuchi Cullen and exec-produced by Frank Marshall (War Horse, The Bourne Legacy) and Larry Shuman (Devious Maids), centers on the son (played by Cox) of a Kennedy-esque family who leaves the priesthood and becomes a lawyer to prevent his politician sister from being assassinated.

The cast also includes Nestor Serrano (24, Dexter).

Comments (8)

• SO HAPPY TO HEAR HE HAS SOMETHING IN THE WORKS! I desperately hope this pilot takes off and I have him back on my tv for a long while! PLEASE tv gods!

Comment by eileen – February 21, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahah!! You took the words right out of my mouth. When he “exited” Boardwalk Empire I was not only very sad, but shocked! I have sorely missed him and will definitely check out this new show just for him :)

Comment by Jen – February 22, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am extremely impressed together with your writing abilities and also with the structure to your weblog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, it’s uncommon to peer a great weblog like this one nowadays..

Comment by Salvador – October 5, 2013 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been following Lisa Takeuchi Cullen for a long time. She used to have an HR blog on Time Magazine’s website called Work in Progress. Looking forward to see how she does with The Ordained!

Comment by Rachel – February 22, 2013 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This plot sounds ridiculous!

Comment by Shaun – February 22, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost missed this. Yay! I love Charlie Cox. Was sad to see the demise of his character on Boardwalk Empire.

Comment by Holly – February 23, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big fan of Charlie Cox. So talented. Looking forward to the show.

Comment by Kim LaTerza (@nfalmouth) – March 19, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this show to get on my tv. The cast, producers and writer are outstanding.
    Rene Balcer has always been a winner. When he junped on the set I knew it would take off. Lisa Takeuchi Cullen is an amazingly creative talent. I’ll bet my housse that The Ordained will be a huge success.

Comment by Mike Clark – April 24, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post