CBS Pilot Scoop: Charlie Cox Gets Ordained

The Ordained CBS Pilot Cast Charlie Cox Boardwalk Empire alum Charlie Cox has been tapped to headline CBS’ Kennedy-esque drama The Ordained, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get the Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers — and Who’s In Them!

The project, penned by author/journalist Lisa Takeuchi Cullen and exec-produced by Frank Marshall (War Horse, The Bourne Legacy) and Larry Shuman (Devious Maids), centers on the son (played by Cox) of a Kennedy-esque family who leaves the priesthood and becomes a lawyer to prevent his politician sister from being assassinated.

The cast also includes Nestor Serrano (24, Dexter).

1. eileen says:

SO HAPPY TO HEAR HE HAS SOMETHING IN THE WORKS! I desperately hope this pilot takes off and I have him back on my tv for a long while! PLEASE tv gods!

• Jen says:

Hahah!! You took the words right out of my mouth. When he “exited” Boardwalk Empire I was not only very sad, but shocked! I have sorely missed him and will definitely check out this new show just for him :)

• Salvador says:

I am extremely impressed together with your writing abilities and also with the structure to your weblog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, it’s uncommon to peer a great weblog like this one nowadays..

2. Rachel says:

I have been following Lisa Takeuchi Cullen for a long time. She used to have an HR blog on Time Magazine’s website called Work in Progress. Looking forward to see how she does with The Ordained!

3. Shaun says:

This plot sounds ridiculous!

4. Holly says:

Almost missed this. Yay! I love Charlie Cox. Was sad to see the demise of his character on Boardwalk Empire.

5. Big fan of Charlie Cox. So talented. Looking forward to the show.

6. Mike Clark says:

Can’t wait for this show to get on my tv. The cast, producers and writer are outstanding.
    Rene Balcer has always been a winner. When he junped on the set I knew it would take off. Lisa Takeuchi Cullen is an amazingly creative talent. I’ll bet my housse that The Ordained will be a huge success.