Ratings: Idol Up, CSI Rebounds, Minds Ties Low

Get More: News, Ratings

Forget Me NotCSI on Wednesday rebounded from last week’s series low with gains of more than 20 percent, delivering 10.5 million total viewers while scoring a 2.3 demo rating.

Leading into that, however, Criminal Minds (10.7 mil/2.7) dipped 10 percent and a tenth to match a series-low rating. Let’s see if the Nielsen finals adjust that away.

Opening CBS’ night, Survivor (9.45 mil/2.5) rose 6 percent and a tenth from its premiere.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Turning to ABC, The Middle (8.2 mil/2.2) and The Neighbors (6.3 mil/1.9) both rose double digits and enjoyed their biggest wins to date over NBC’s sitcoms. Modern Family (10.6 mil/3.9) inched up a tenth, but Suburgatory (5.9 mil/2.0) ticked down.

Get scoop on The Middle in the first few seconds of Spoiler Alert!:

The CW’s Arrow (3.12 mil/0.9) and Supernatural (2.22 mil/0.9) both dropped a handful of eyeballs and slipped a tenth.

RELATED | American Idol Vegas Round (Part 1) Recap: Sudden Death and the Maidens

Over on Fox, American Idol (14.2 mil/4.1) in a rare instance gained viewers week-to-week while dipping two tenths in the demo.

Last but never least, NBC’s Whitney (3.3 mil/1/1) ticked down to match a series low, Guys With Kids (3 mil/1.1) rose a tenth, SVU (5.7 mil/1.7) was up two tenths and Chicago Fire (6.4 mil/1.9) was flat.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (37)

• Modern Family was just okay. It had moments but this season seems kind of less funny to me. Is it just me and please don’t be mean.

Comment by leigh – February 21, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, it just seems to be trying too hard this season.

Comment by Angie – February 21, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe its the new baby. In general I think it is funnier this year than last but not used to the baby yet

Comment by Boiler – February 21, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow, Supernatural :D

Comment by adambramble – February 21, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow and Supernatural will most likely adjust up.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – February 21, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No NBC or “More to come”…? Strange

Comment by B – February 21, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing CSI’s rebound might have had something to do with the lack of a new Nashville last night.

Comment by David – February 21, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nashville will be back next Wednesday so no rest for the worries there.

Comment by Tran – February 21, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It had more to do with CSI not having that last minute TBBT repeat inserted last week as a lead-in, which bombed, when they decided to trim Survivor from 2 hours to 90 minutes and there was a couple of local pre-emptions.

Comment by Chicago Dan – February 21, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really don’t know if CSI is going to becoming the third series EVER to reached 20 seasons like Law & Order and Gunsmoke. What do you think?

Comment by Tran – February 21, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My question was for Matt, didn’t post correctly. What does flat mean?

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 21, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Picture in your mind a flat piece of sidewalk. Does it go up? does it go down?

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 21, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hahaha, well thank you for that description. Just making sure there wasn’t some hidden meaning in television ratings lingo. Thanks for the reply.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 21, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds, Unnecessary Roughness and Chicago Fire were all great last night.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 21, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I found the story on last night’s “Criminal Minds” kinda interesting. Plus, they played a (great) Muse song at the end. That was a nice little surprise and made me happy.

Comment by Angela – February 21, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s astounding how old See BS skews.

Comment by Aj – February 21, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • last nights Chicago Fire was awesome. such a great episode!!!

Comment by Elyse – February 21, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have a love/hate relationship with shows that make me cry :-) It really was one of the best eps they’ve had and that’s saying a lot.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 21, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last night’s episode was fantastic! There were so many emotional turns (and a lot of tension) which made it compelling & heartbreaking at times. This show is really finding it’s stride now and I’m enjoying it more and more each week. =)

Comment by HeatherC – February 21, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What is in that box?!?! :-) :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 21, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m wondering that too! didn’t sound good!! and I’m loving Milson :)

Comment by Elyse – February 21, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping Sidle would get shot at the end. Her character is so annoying.

Comment by J – February 21, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I haven’t watched it since they brought her back. I’ve been told that Jorja’s just as bad as she was before.
      Maybe they will shoot Sara later in the season.

Comment by Kvivik – February 21, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle never gets any attention at all, yet it’s one of the most appealing shows on TV. Its entire cast stands out, but I have a special fondness for the always enthusiastic Sue and her gay-to-be friend. Also like the actor who plays Axel’s dimmest friend. And Patricia Heaton can do no wrong.

Comment by rio – February 21, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. There is something so heartwarming about Sue. You just root for her. And Axel’s friend being sweet on her is so adorable. Axel’s reaction had me in stitches. Soooo funny. I may have to watch it again. :)

Comment by Kim R – February 21, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. So glad Sue has a boyfriend. The look on Axel’s face was priceless.

Comment by shar – February 22, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The neightboors was super funny! Such an underrated show !

Comment by Hilla Osovsky – February 21, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! The Middle! Love that show. We should all try to be a little more Sue Heck like.

Comment by Babybop – February 21, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “dropped a handful of eyeballs…”

LOL! I know what you ment Matt but I now have a most interesting visual in my head.

Comment by Decker – February 21, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a sure bet that Criminal Minds will come back next year but if the ratings stay like this keep it may be their last

Comment by Chris – February 21, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a top-10 show. What are you talking about?

Comment by uh huh – February 21, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad episode of Criminal Minds last night. Next week looks much better.

Comment by ABC – February 21, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Idol went up because it was Girls night…..I doubt the guys will get as many looks on a Thursday.

Comment by Shaun – February 21, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finals:

Adjusted up:
    The Middle-2.3
    Modern Family-4.0

Adjusted Down:
    Survivor-2.4
    Criminal Minds-2.6
    Guys with Kids-1.0
    SVU-1.6

Comment by Leondre – February 21, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else getting preempted for SEC Network basketball? I have to watch my ABC shows the next day, since they now air from 12:35am – 2:35am. I’m not really complaining though, since I can now watch other stuff and DVR them later.

Comment by Sg. Grant – February 21, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post