Pilot Scoop: One Tree Hill-Looper Actor Boards ABC's Adventure Drama Big Thunder

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Big Thunder ABC Pilot Pierce GagnonEx-One Tree Hill bambino Pierce Gagnon is riding Big Thunder, ABC’s adventure pilot based on Disneyland’s famed rollercoaster Big Thunder Mountain, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | TVLine’s Guide to Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Fall’s Possible Newcomers

The project, from EP Chris Morgan (Fast & Furious) and scribe Jason Fuchs (Ice Age: Continental Drift), centers on a late 19th century New York doctor and his family who relocate to a frontier mining town run by a powerful, but mysterious tycoon. Unfortunately, they quickly realize that not everything in the titular city is as it seems.

Gagnon, who also co-starred as Emily Blunt’s son in last fall’s sleeper Looper (pictured), will play Jack, the terminally ill nephew of the show’s central couple. Sweet, but chafing under the constraints of his illness, Jack later seems to flourish in the wild west, soon a healthy, energetic child. He’s also a talented artist, who has been drawing what he sees in his dreams; curious, yet ominous depictions of places and events in Big Thunder.

Comments (14)

• he is amazing! Such a great little actor! Love him!

Comment by Maki – February 21, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was so great (and creepy!) in Looper!

Comment by Clifford Alverez – February 21, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Between him & Jackson Brundage (Jamie), OTH had two of the more awesome & adorable kid actors, LOVED them!!

Comment by Maggie – February 21, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jackson Brundage was really cute when he was little but he became more and more annoying as the years went on. When we started getting Jamie-centric storylines, I started resenting him.

Comment by dude – February 21, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @dude ME TOO. He got more screentime than Haley in the last couple seasons. Then Chuck did too. Ugh

Comment by JeniLee – February 21, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So,we have a TV show based on a…rollercoaster?
    I think part of my soul just died

Comment by Chris – February 21, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh that is one of my favorite rides at DisneyWorld. I must say I am surprised they are making a tv show centered around a rollercoaster.

Comment by Allyson – February 21, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE HIM! Logan was one of my favourite parts of a terrific season of One Tree Hill. He is the most precocious and sweet child actor I’ve seen. He was also wonderful in Looper. I teared up a little when he hugged Emily Blunt.

Comment by dude – February 21, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is SUPER cute but I wasn’t into that “I forgot my son” storyline on OTH. Pretty far fetched, even for OTH!

Comment by LaurenMC – February 21, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. He is crazy adorable, but that storyline was a bit ridiculous.

Comment by Spencer – February 22, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares, even if it is good it will get cancelled like immediately.

Comment by Truth – February 21, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You mean he’s not going to be playing the main doctor?

Comment by Potato strong – February 22, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does every show need a character named Jack? So annoying and overused.

Comment by skizzo – March 10, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw the pilot it was awesome! But I haven’t heard anything lately. What’s up???

Comment by Steve – February 19, 2014 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post