Pilot Scoop: Necessary Roughness' Marc Blucas Joins ABC Drama Killer Women

Necessary RoughnessMarc Blucas is planning to hang out with Killer Women, TVLine has learned.

The Necessary Roughness star has been cast as Dan in ABC’s drama pilot about the only female in the male-dominated Texas Ranger Division.

RELATED | Your Complete 2013 Pilot Season Guide: Get the Scoop on All of Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Based on the Argentine series Mujeres Asesinas, the project — which counts Modern Family‘s Sofia Vergara among its producers — follows Molly Parker (played by Battlestar Galactica‘s Tricia Helfer), a beautiful and ballsy Ranger who knows how to get the truth and isn’t afraid to ruffle a few feathers on her way there.

Hannah Shakespeare (The Playboy Club) penned the script.

Blucas plays Matthew on USA Network’s Roughness, which this week aired its sophomore finale and was recently renewed for a shortened Season 3. He also has appeared on Castle, Body of Proof and Revenge. Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans will remember him as the Slayer’s first serious post-Angel boyfriend.

1. Liana in San Diego says:

Didn’t even know he was planning on leaving Necssary Roughness. That’s a blow to the show. Too bad.

• sarah says:

He is not leaving Necessary Roughness, it is back for a short season so less than 16 episodes and he will be able to film both! I am going to watch Killer Woman because of him!

2. Kat says:

What’s the format on this because “Mujeres Asesinas” was a new story and new cast in every episode .

3. April says:

Ummmm… What about Necessary Roughness? I know I’m behind, but is there something happening?

4. AmberS says:

Wasn’t this already done, and well (I enjoyed it), under the title Chase? Recycle away, networks …

5. Alichat says:

So does this mean Necessary Roughness is toast for season 3? Blucas is the main reason I watch that show.

Oh….and Riley Finn was his character’s name on Buffy.

6. kelly says:

Love him. He’ll always be Riley to me!

7. Jesse says:

He’ll always be Riley Finn!

8. ald says:

Can you really count Revenge, when he was recast, uncredited, and his scenes never aired??

9. mia says:

lol I feel bad that I still can only see him as Riley….and I hated Riley (yes, its a pathetic reason, but oh well) I’m sold on the show already because of Helfer so hopefully he’ll be able to win me over.

10. lesley says:

Scott Cohen does more than one show, Piper Pierabo does a lot of recurring guest roles too outside of Covert Affairs. I think with a limited run show (10-13 eps per season) you can do a number of shows. Doesn’t mean he’s leaving.

• Dizzle says:

But a network show runs 22 episodes a year, and a USA show traditionally runs 16 episodes a year, and their shooting schedules will 100% overlap… There’s no physical way he will be able to shoot both as a main cast member. At best he would be a recurring guest star on one.

11. bubbles526 says:

Love UNR…but especially love watching him…more screen time is ok with me…although I’m keeping my fingers crossed that UNR gets another season too. :)

12. I hope this pilot doesn’t get picked up. I need my Matt on NR!

13. xx says:

Blurgh, Riley.

14. Zoam says:

Has he taken acting lessons yet? Dude is drywall with bad hair.

15. Brooke says:

Six and Riley! Nice casting, makes it worth checking out.

16. Renee says:

I’m in.

17. Julia says:

So, does this mean Nico and Dani are a go?

18. Ana says:

This is one pilot I really hope gets picked up…

19. Sg. Grant says:

I guess this is ok, since Necessary Roughness will likely end after season three. Honestly though, after last night’s episode, I hope it is renewed for a fourth season. Last night’s episode was one of the best hours of television I’ve seen in a long time. It was emotional, relevant, funny, action-packed, and ended with a couple cliff-hangers. I can’t wait for season 3.

20. maga says:

all i know is that “killer woman” is gonna suck! in a big way!!! Mujeres asesinas was awesome! the format, the cast (like someone said it was different every episode), the stories of those woman (also different), all i have to say is by far ONE OF THE BEST TV SHOW OF ARGENTINA only can match it Los Simuladores. Hope they stick to the argentinean version…

21. Sharlee says:

Doubt that I will be watching the show now that Marc Blucas has been replaced by John Stamos. Did not care for tonights episode.

22. Kat says:

Show was terrible tonight. Mad Marc Blucas left, probably won’t be watching the show anymore. Thanks alot!

23. Renee says:

I’m so upset that Marc is leaving UR. I watched because of him and it will never be the same for me again.

24. Iris says:

Hope wherever Marc goes it goes well,really enjoyed seeing him on NR.

• Barb K. says:

I became a fan of Marc’s from the First Daughter movie with Katie Holmes. Can’t believe the woman on NR got involved with that butt ugly dark haired guy when she had Matt. Go figure.

25. Ocalafilly says:

DanI and Matt doomed to failure, May – December doesn’t work when ‘May’ wants kids and December is done. I would say it makes for a great future plot line but that would mean Matt’s kid is either motherless or has a broken home . It’s definitely a real life conflict that has not been overly explored, but since NR is being compressed in season three, thinking about plot lines for season six is probably not in the cards. Agree Stamos doesn’t seem Dani’s type, Hope they let us see Niko in (romantic) action before they end the series. ‘Ditto’ doesn’t do it for me.

26. judy mccartney says:

I like killer women, especially marc blucas. I have liked him since first daughter. He was a hunk in that movie. please give killer women a chance. To many shows I like get canceled too soon.