Pilot Scoop: Necessary Roughness' Marc Blucas Joins ABC Drama Killer Women

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Necessary RoughnessMarc Blucas is planning to hang out with Killer Women, TVLine has learned.

The Necessary Roughness star has been cast as Dan in ABC’s drama pilot about the only female in the male-dominated Texas Ranger Division.

RELATED | Your Complete 2013 Pilot Season Guide: Get the Scoop on All of Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Based on the Argentine series Mujeres Asesinas, the project — which counts Modern Family‘s Sofia Vergara among its producers — follows Molly Parker (played by Battlestar Galactica‘s Tricia Helfer), a beautiful and ballsy Ranger who knows how to get the truth and isn’t afraid to ruffle a few feathers on her way there.

Hannah Shakespeare (The Playboy Club) penned the script.

Blucas plays Matthew on USA Network’s Roughness, which this week aired its sophomore finale and was recently renewed for a shortened Season 3. He also has appeared on Castle, Body of Proof and Revenge. Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans will remember him as the Slayer’s first serious post-Angel boyfriend.

Comments (32)

• Didn’t even know he was planning on leaving Necssary Roughness. That’s a blow to the show. Too bad.

Comment by Liana in San Diego – February 20, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is not leaving Necessary Roughness, it is back for a short season so less than 16 episodes and he will be able to film both! I am going to watch Killer Woman because of him!

Comment by sarah – February 21, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s the format on this because “Mujeres Asesinas” was a new story and new cast in every episode .

Comment by Kat – February 20, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummmm… What about Necessary Roughness? I know I’m behind, but is there something happening?

Comment by April – February 20, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t this already done, and well (I enjoyed it), under the title Chase? Recycle away, networks …

Comment by AmberS – February 20, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing! I thought Chase was pretty good.

Comment by Shannon – February 20, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So does this mean Necessary Roughness is toast for season 3? Blucas is the main reason I watch that show.

Oh….and Riley Finn was his character’s name on Buffy.

Comment by Alichat – February 20, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love him. He’ll always be Riley to me!

Comment by kelly – February 20, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’ll always be Riley Finn!

Comment by Jesse – February 20, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can you really count Revenge, when he was recast, uncredited, and his scenes never aired??

Comment by ald – February 20, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw his scenes on Revenge. I liked him better as David Clarke than Tupper.

Comment by Alichat – February 20, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol I feel bad that I still can only see him as Riley….and I hated Riley (yes, its a pathetic reason, but oh well) I’m sold on the show already because of Helfer so hopefully he’ll be able to win me over.

Comment by mia – February 20, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scott Cohen does more than one show, Piper Pierabo does a lot of recurring guest roles too outside of Covert Affairs. I think with a limited run show (10-13 eps per season) you can do a number of shows. Doesn’t mean he’s leaving.

Comment by lesley – February 20, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But a network show runs 22 episodes a year, and a USA show traditionally runs 16 episodes a year, and their shooting schedules will 100% overlap… There’s no physical way he will be able to shoot both as a main cast member. At best he would be a recurring guest star on one.

Comment by Dizzle – February 21, 2013 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love UNR…but especially love watching him…more screen time is ok with me…although I’m keeping my fingers crossed that UNR gets another season too. :)

Comment by bubbles526 – February 20, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this pilot doesn’t get picked up. I need my Matt on NR!

Comment by Hilla Osovsky – February 20, 2013 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blurgh, Riley.

Comment by xx – February 21, 2013 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has he taken acting lessons yet? Dude is drywall with bad hair.

Comment by Zoam – February 21, 2013 03:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Six and Riley! Nice casting, makes it worth checking out.

Comment by Brooke – February 21, 2013 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in.

Comment by Renee – February 21, 2013 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, does this mean Nico and Dani are a go?

Comment by Julia – February 21, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one pilot I really hope gets picked up…

Comment by Ana – February 21, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess this is ok, since Necessary Roughness will likely end after season three. Honestly though, after last night’s episode, I hope it is renewed for a fourth season. Last night’s episode was one of the best hours of television I’ve seen in a long time. It was emotional, relevant, funny, action-packed, and ended with a couple cliff-hangers. I can’t wait for season 3.

Comment by Sg. Grant – February 21, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • all i know is that “killer woman” is gonna suck! in a big way!!! Mujeres asesinas was awesome! the format, the cast (like someone said it was different every episode), the stories of those woman (also different), all i have to say is by far ONE OF THE BEST TV SHOW OF ARGENTINA only can match it Los Simuladores. Hope they stick to the argentinean version…

Comment by maga – February 21, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doubt that I will be watching the show now that Marc Blucas has been replaced by John Stamos. Did not care for tonights episode.

Comment by Sharlee – June 12, 2013 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Show was terrible tonight. Mad Marc Blucas left, probably won’t be watching the show anymore. Thanks alot!

Comment by Kat – June 13, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so upset that Marc is leaving UR. I watched because of him and it will never be the same for me again.

Comment by Renee – June 19, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope wherever Marc goes it goes well,really enjoyed seeing him on NR.

Comment by Iris – June 20, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I became a fan of Marc’s from the First Daughter movie with Katie Holmes. Can’t believe the woman on NR got involved with that butt ugly dark haired guy when she had Matt. Go figure.

Comment by Barb K. – July 13, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DanI and Matt doomed to failure, May – December doesn’t work when ‘May’ wants kids and December is done. I would say it makes for a great future plot line but that would mean Matt’s kid is either motherless or has a broken home . It’s definitely a real life conflict that has not been overly explored, but since NR is being compressed in season three, thinking about plot lines for season six is probably not in the cards. Agree Stamos doesn’t seem Dani’s type, Hope they let us see Niko in (romantic) action before they end the series. ‘Ditto’ doesn’t do it for me.

Comment by Ocalafilly – June 23, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like killer women, especially marc blucas. I have liked him since first daughter. He was a hunk in that movie. please give killer women a chance. To many shows I like get canceled too soon.

Comment by judy mccartney – March 8, 2014 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post