Exclusive

Exclusive Bunheads Season Finale Video: The Girls Catch Michelle [Spoiler]ing!

bunheads season 1 finale video sweet charityIn Monday’s Season 1 finale of ABC Family’s Bunheads (9/8c), the girls experience dance’s dark underbelly: the dreaded cattle call.

As series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino previously teased to TVLine, the show’s central quartet get a massive reality check when they secretly follow Michelle (Sutton Foster) to a Broadway audition in Hollywood.

PHOTOS | 25 Actors We Want Back on TV Now

Press PLAY below and watch Tony winner Foster give a flawless performance of “If My Friends Could See Me Now” from Sweet Charity under the prying eyes of her students, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: How badly do you want ABC Family to renew this show for a second season?

Loading video...

1. Randi Sue says:

I love Bunheads and find myself laughing out loud when I watch it alone. That is a true testiment to the comedic writing. I can’t wait for Mondays to come around to watch the next episode. (Even though I on demand it since I work evenings.) The cast is tremendous and handles the lines beautifully. I like to quote lines from movies or shows and Bunheads sure has a lot just as Gilmore Girls did. Please keep Bunheads on TV. It make me laugh and in this wonderful but sad world we live in, we need so much more of that!

2. Dina says:

If this show is cancelled I will refuse to watch anything on ABC Family. They already made the mistake of cutting Jane By Design without even giving the audience a proper ending to the story line. Bunheads is new and refreshing and if ABC Family can’t realize that it’s the only show that’s even worth watching on their channel, then I will refuse to watch their channel anymore. Please renew Bunheads. Don’t kill it… again.

3. Carolynne says:

Bunheads has fast become the highlight of our television week. We enjoy it as a family, and with two of my own teen bunheads the show offers something for us all. It would be a real tragedy if ABC Family did not have the good sense to RENEW such an intelligent and thoroughly entertaining hour of television. Here’s hoping they are paying attention to our comments!

4. Elizabeth says:

I am down on bended knee, please renew Bunheads again. I want Michelle to know how much of a success she already is and having her leave the show will break it up and it will never be the same. She is the one that ties this town together.

5. rose says:

This is a great show. Everyone is so talented. It would be a shame if it’s not renewed. My family really enjoys watching this show together.

6. Jen Pfluke says:

I don’t dislike Bunheads – it’s charming and fun and Sutton Foster is delightful – but please stop comparing it to Gilmore Girls. It may be created by the same person and may feature Kelly Bishop, but it severely pales in comparison. The younger actresses try, but it’s clear they were cast (mostly) because they could dance. I believed Rory Gilmore as an extremely well-read teen who was also inordinately well-versed in pop culture, but it requires a huge suspension of belief to accept that these girls are familiar with, for example, Jack Kerouac, Frankie & Johnny and the everyday goings-on of the UN. Also, Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham had fabulous rhythm and timing with the rapid-pace bantering. It seemed organic. Most of the time Bunheads seems like nothing more than a bunch of…rehearsed dialogue.

As I said – cute family show and I wish it all the best. But Gilmore Girls? Hardly.

• Guest says:

Alexis Bledel was NOT a good actor, though. Gilmore Girls was great because of the strength of Lauren Graham and how ASP set up the world of Stars Hollow, but Bunheads isn’t far behind.

• Poonam says:

I disagree. It’s completely comparable to Gilmore Girls. Lorelai and Rory share the same relationship that Michelle now shows with these four girls. As for the younger actresses, I think they are doing such an amazing job. The personality of each character really shines through their acting and portraying, and yes, their dance skills are unbelievably good, but their acting skills are too (especially for being first time actresses!). The rapid-pace bantering that Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel demonstrated on Gilmore Girls is merely the result of Sherman-Palladino’s exquisite writing and producing, which definitely carries over with Michelle and Fanni and the girls.

7. Eliza says:

I love this show and am hoping for a renewal. It had a rocky start but this 2nd half of the season it’s really found its legs (pun unintended). Loving all the characters and really want to see more of Melanie at the roller-rink.

8. Jane Enabore says:

Please renew Bunheads!!! I love this show! It has inspired me from now on since it started last summer! Love Sutton Foster! Please renew! Renew! Renew! Renew!!!!!!!

9. Kat says:

A family show that is also really funny and starring an amazing cast? A rare gem these days sadly. SO hope this show comes back for another season! Love it, love it. And Sutton Foster is a treasure.

10. Ana Neubauer says:

I love this show!!! It is a great example of ballet and dance. Girls and Boys, adults all different ages and sizes is a great way to represent dance. I will continue to watch for as long as it is on.

11. Amanda says:

Yes, please renew! I loved Gilmore Girls and this is a pretty close second. Sutton Foster is a treat to watch. I’m not ready to leave Paradise behind just yet!

12. Bwaymom says:

I sure hope the network sees what it has here. No lying, cheating or back-stabbing. Just great entertainment with an under-lying message in each episode. And on top of all that we get to see great dancing!

13. Sherry Haynes says:

Please, please, please renew this show!!!!!!! I love watching this show with my niece! My daughter loves it too and we talk once a week long distance about the show.

14. Fran says:

Love Bunheads. Hope it gets renewed!

15. Irena says:

RENEW IT! PUH-LEASE!

16. I LOVE this show!! It’s what makes my Monday nights. I will be so mad if ABC family cancels it. Surely if Secret Life can have 5 seasons with absolutely no storyline, Bunheads can that and then some. It’s so nice to have to be able to watch such talented people like Sutton Foster on T.V. Please don’t take it away!!!

• Poonam says:

Completely agree! Secret Life had five seasons when it could have easily been wrapped up in one or two. Secret Lifes’s story line just kept repeating because they didn’t know what else to do to keep it going! SO BORING! Bunheads is new and refreshing and can be so, so much more than anything on ABC Family.

17. Annie says:

Hands down the best show on TV right now!!!! This show is the highlight of my week! Please, please, please renew!

18. onlyakb says:

I really hope it gets renewed, I think is sweet and warm and I love the dialogues !!

19. Diana says:

Please, Please Please renew this show. I’m a retired children’s music director and this is the only show I stay up past 9:00 for. It’s absolutely insanely wonderful! Please keep it on the air!

20. Robert W says:

I WANT this show renewed. I think another 10 episode summer season with another 10 episode next winter.. PLEASE….

This show, is one I can see kids watching and NOT getting upset over. Yes, Parents get divorced.. girls Date… heck, last weeks (the forest fire) condom joke was dead on.. And Boo’s revelation she is on the Pill.. like this is no big thing.. This is how sex should be talked about.. it’s serious, but not “oh my GOD” serious.

21. Ken Carter says:

Sutton Foster and the other actors make this a delightful show to look forward to each week.

22. Poonam says:

Hopefully ABC Family will actually see all of our comments and take into consideration how ridiculously stupid it would be NOT to renew Bunheads!

23. ABC Family please renew Bunheads. You already got rid of Jane by Design which I loved don’t take this show away too.

24. chantal says:

YES!!!! For God’s Sake RENEW THIS SHOW!!!! Why wouldn’t you? It’s currently the best hour on TV!!!! Renewing it ought to be a no-brainer! I have hope in the powers that be. SOMEONE there must have some common sense!!!!

25. Cas says:

Bunheads is the closest thing to fulfilling the Gilmore Girls cravings. The essence of the show is in there, and why shouldn’t it be, considering it’s created by ASP. I agree, this second half has been a great improvement and it’ll only get better from here. If this show ends up being cancelled I will be devastated. It’s one of the only NEW tv shows I’ll watch.

26. Dori Kagan says:

love the show. please bring it back again and again.

27. Heather says:

So what this show renewed! I was a hard core Gilmore Girls fan, but honestly I was not going to watch this show till I heard that Nathan Parsons was going to be on it. I LOVED him on General Hospital and was so happy that he was going to be back on my screen again. He might only be a guest star but I fell in love with this show because he was going to make an appearance and now I love everybody on the show. This is one of the ones I make sure I am home to see.

And last week when Nathan was in the fireman’s outfit……YUMMM!!!!

Bring Bunheads back…..and make Nathan a regular!

28. Becky Thomas says:

I love this show! My daughter and I watch it every week together. I love that it appeals to so many age groups. My parents watch it too. Wonderful characters. Fantastic writing. Great actors. Love, love, Love Sutton Foster!

29. Kate says:

If it doesn’t get renewed I’ll cry…no joke!

30. Shelby says:

Thanks for posting that! We love Bunheads. My 12 year old daughter and I can’t wait for each episode. Love, love, love the show. It has so many places to go. Sutton Foster is a huge Broadway star and TV is lucky to have her.

31. Molly says:

Hopefully they renew it since it’s the closest thing I have to new episodes of Gilmore Girls. However I would gladly trade Bunheads for a Gilmore Girls movie.

32. I adore the show and it’s the only reason I ever even discovered ABC Family. Now I’m watching other of its programs but Bunheads–fab.

33. dancefan says:

YES RENEW IT! more dancing scenes would also be good! there are really not enough dance series on TV :(

34. Jenny L says:

This is the most inconsistent show on television. Great or awful. And for whatever reason they keep writing Kelly Bishop out of entire episodes.

Too many weird subplots (Roller derby? Seriously?) and too many annoying characters (Michelle’s brother, Millie). Sutton Foster is terrific but sometimes the scripts are just too hard to believe. (A 16 year old with a great apartment.)

Stick a fork in this one.

35. Josie Vielmetti says:

Definitely renew–with more Fanny and less of the added distractions (Boo babysitting, the new girl changing clothes, etc.).

36. joanie says:

Snappy dialogue, good music , dance routines. Sutton Foster is a triple threat…Please bring it back!!

37. Swim Mom says:

RENEW RENEW RENEW! ABC Family marketing use your Disney power to get these ratings up before another network nabs Sutton Foster and then you’ll be sorry…

38. Ofelia says:

it Seth.. Seth.. SETH RUDETSKY!!!!!

39. Ananda says:

Definitely would love to see this renewed!!!!

40. Andrea says:

Love Bunheads. I hope ABC family realizes its the best show they have.

41. Norkir says:

Awesome show! Never miss an episode even if I have to watch it on my iPhone the next day. Such a welcome break from the violence on other shows. This is “Feel good tv”!! Please, please renew!!!

42. Loren says:

Please, please, please renew Bunheads!! I love this show so much!!! When it started it seemed like Gilmore Girls lite, but, oh, how it has grown into such an amazing, different, and delightful show! ABC Family, do us all a solid and RENEW BUNHEADS!!!!

43. JZeeIL says:

Love this show and Sutton Foster. It REALLY should get renewed!

44. Jeanne says:

Funny, quirky and charming! Hey, ABC Family execs , please support this show filled with talent and put on your super-charged “visionary glasses” and re-discover the value of this show…and support another season. Puh-leaze!

45. bunheadsisawesome says:

please renew
    the season finale was amazing and really interesting ,makes us anxious to see what comes next . bunheads is inspiring ..there are no similiar shows like that on tv anymore . the actors are astonishly gifted . show is artistic ,inspiring , funny and very fun to watch . i want more i would be really dissappointed if it’s cancelled . i really really would want it renewed please . other poor shows get renewed and this one should be instead . wonderfull acting and fantastic writing . amazing girls and brilliant sutton .

46. Anne says:

Best show on television for female characters and positive story lines! Please please renew ABC family! The audience for this will only grow!

47. Gerry says:

LOve this show, and yes, Gilmore Girls was one of my favorite shows, give this one a break and renew it.

48. Kate says:

I love this show – its quirky and funny and real. I was so disappointed when I realized last Monday was the season finale, what will I do in the meantime? A must to renew!

49. Edana Nelson says:

bring back bunheads

50. Linda says:

I love the banter, the crazy lady vibe, and the obvious talent of all the dancers. It was my first pick out of my hulu queue every week. I also would like to see this show continue.