Exclusive

Exclusive Bunheads Season Finale Video: The Girls Catch Michelle [Spoiler]ing!

bunheads season 1 finale video sweet charityIn Monday’s Season 1 finale of ABC Family’s Bunheads (9/8c), the girls experience dance’s dark underbelly: the dreaded cattle call.

As series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino previously teased to TVLine, the show’s central quartet get a massive reality check when they secretly follow Michelle (Sutton Foster) to a Broadway audition in Hollywood.

PHOTOS | 25 Actors We Want Back on TV Now

Press PLAY below and watch Tony winner Foster give a flawless performance of “If My Friends Could See Me Now” from Sweet Charity under the prying eyes of her students, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: How badly do you want ABC Family to renew this show for a second season?

Loading video...

1. Shikouchi says:

I REALLY hope this gets renewed. Bunheads is one of my favorite scripted shows on TV right now, and ABC Family’s best, and one of the best family shows around period.

• Donna says:

Bring it back!

• Danielle says:

Please renew Bunheads. I love the show and I love Sutton Foster!

• Tarc says:

The last episode (the emergency shelter episode) was probably my favorite hour of TV so far this year (and for me to say that is something). Absolutely, absolutely renew.

• Marta says:

Smartest and funniest dialogue per minute of anything else on T.V. please, please, please renew.

• Dj Krahn says:

The dialogue is refreshing, funny and quick. The characters are just becoming familiar and I am just finding my favorites (besides Michelle and her mother in law). I really hope it is picked up for another season.

• TatiGirl says:

They really need to renew bunheads. I dont even like tv,but im there EVERY monday religiously. I have canceled dates and stuff for bunheads, my addiction is that bad…. BRING BUNHEADS BACK!!!!!

2. Valkyrje says:

I want ABC to renew it for a second season as badly as Truly wants to be important and Ginny wants Frankie to kiss her.

3. frostquinn says:

As an avid Gilmore Girl fan, I really really wanted to give Bunheads a chance, and it certainly had its moments. I love the quartet, and wish we could have seen more of Kelly Bishop, but in the end I think that show was unfocused in regards of narrative. Characters appeared and disappeared (remember the loner guy Michelle left the car on his path? Me neither), time was wasted with meaningless dance-routines (Sasha’s dream-esque), and again, no plot whatsoever.

• Plum says:

That’s too bad, the show really found it’s very leggy legs this season, and the ‘Not A Mint’ ep was amazingly good.

• Poonam says:

That’s not really true… The characters that are brought on are/were the audience’s way of seeing Michelle grow. From Vegas girl to Mentor and Teacher. The show is clearly focused with a clear plot. Maybe you need to re-watch the first season. PLEASE RENEW.

• Adam says:

did you watch the more recent episodes of the show. I felt the same way you did, until the second half of the season now i love the show.

• blaqhrt says:

As for your question, I watched all the episodes that currently aired. And I agree with you, the second half of the season was much better than the former, but it still lacked to become a great show.

4. dlonyc4 says:

Hi, Seth Rusedsky on piano!!

5. Edmalex says:

I really think that there’s something quite charming about this show, and when you combine that with Sherman-Palladino’s gift of witty dialogue there’s a strong case for the show coming back AND BEING WATCHED.

6. Sabrina says:

Extremely badly! I do not think there are a lot of shows like this or Gilmore Girls anymore. Gilmore Girls did not have high ratings either, but it kept coming back because it developed a loyal fan base. I also think it is to the benefit to the ABC Family network to renew this show because besides switched at birth, the only other shows on there are laugh button comedies and shows about the sex lives of teenagers (secret life, the lying game, and pretty little liars). And I am not saying that is the entire set-up of those three shows, but a cast of teenagers with secrets, lies, and with money is getting old in my opinion. I honestly think this show should stay on air. I really want it to survive, especially as an Amy Sherman-Palladino (I am a huge fan of her writing). I really believe in this show, so here’s hoping, crossing my fingers, arms, legs, and toes for it to come back and stay strong until Amy says “it is time to go.” She did not get that chance with Gilmore Girls, so I want to see what she can do when the ball is in her court and she gets to create what she envisions as the best story lines for the characters and the best way to end the show.

• Melly C. says:

Couldn’t agree more! I’m so tired of shows w/ teenagers lying, hooking up, etc. “Bunheads” is so refreshing!!!

7. Lauren says:

I want this show to get renewed and I want Kelly Bishop to make more room in her schedule to be on it!

8. Linda says:

I really love this show and want it to be renewed. I was/am a huge Gilmore Girls fan and I love Amy Sherman-Palladino’s writing. I think Sutton Foster is amazingly talented and Kelly Biship is, of course, amazing as well. I’m really hoping it comes back.

9. Beth says:

Come on ABC Family, you gotta renew this show!

10. Loren123 says:

After a pitch perfect pilot and a good but clunky start, the show came back from it’s hiatus and found it’s rhythm with a vengeance: superb writing and timing, confident acting by a diverse cast, better production design and camera work and beautiful surprises.PLEASE renew it!! one of TV’s best little gems!!!

11. MIka says:

I hope this show gets renewed too. I really have grown to enjoy all the actors and look forward to it each week. But I do have to admit that it is not exactly “must see” TV for me and I fast forward through some of each episode.

• Meredith says:

Are you kidding me this is the ONLY show I watch on TV! Everything else is overly dramatic or “reality tv”! I don’t have a show I watch every week except one and its even being recorded for the Monday nights I have to work! I’ll admit I’m 23 years old and I should have a more “mature” show that I should be watching, but with the day in and day out of my real life that last thing I want to watch is overly dramatic tv or someone’s “real life”! Please bring this show back! Television needs something like this show on TV and I hope it stays on for years to come!

12. sarah says:

I hope the show gets renewed too. While I wish Kelly Bishop was on more it is stil a good show with witty dialogue.

13. Prue says:

I want it renewed!!!

14. Matt says:

Renew! Renew! (And not in a “Logan’s Run” way, either.)

“Bunheads” is one of the better shows on cable right now. And any episode with Sutton Foster singing is good.

15. LE says:

Bunheads is ABC Family lowesr rated series. So I think it will get canceled :(

16. This show NEEDS to be renewed! I will be SOO upset if they cancel it. Why junk shows continue to be renewed and the good ones get cancelled is beyond me.

17. Savanna says:

If Bunheads get canceled, I’m gonna lock myself in my room and cry.

18. Margo319 says:

Love Sutton, saw her in Anything Goes, this show is for broadway lovers! Renew please!!!

19. Robin says:

I love this show! I think it is one of the smartest, funniest, warm, charming and well produced shows on television! I hope ABC Family renews this gem!

20. Jim says:

Love this show…..renew it!!!

21. Mandy says:

PLEASE! Renew the show it is loved by so many people and has such a wonderful cast and the writing is amazing!

22. Karin Bullinger says:

I love this show! Please renew it!

23. Becky says:

This is such a great show. Best part of my week is Monday’s when it’s on. Amy Sherman-Palladino is such an amazing writer. The story line is quick and witty. And Sutton Foster does an amazing job as Michelle. Please please please keep this on tv. One of the best shows out there right now!

24. wasabi says:

More Kelly Bishop, please. And don’t make us wait seven months for the second season to start.

25. Babybop says:

This is one of the shows that I look forward to watching every week because I know it’s going to be good. Renew it ABC Family! Don’t kill it! (I’m still bitter that they killed Kyle XY).

26. ALYCIA says:

YOU HAVE TO RENEW!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT THINK I COULD LIVE WITHOUT BUNHEADS!

27. Rhonda says:

Caught the 1st episode by accident & haven’t missed one episode since then. I love this show!! Well written & very entertaining. PLEASE RENEW IT!!!

28. Crystal B. says:

I really hope this gets renewed! It’s pretty much the only show my husband and I watch together. Please renew it!

29. Ladydivadynasty says:

Oh, it has to be renewed! It is a wonderful and unique show!

30. auburnmaiden says:

Ack! I guess I haven’t been paying attention. I didn’t realize that this was in danger of cancellation. I desperately hope it gets renewed as well. I was/am a huge Gilmore Girls fan, and thinking Bunheads wouldn’t be as good I didn’t start watching until recently. I cannot believe how idiotic of me that was. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. I caught a bit of an episode a few weeks ago, and had to rent, buy, watch every episode online.

31. Anna says:

I would love to have Bunheads renewed!!

32. Please renew! This show is one of my favorites. I will give up DWS just to watch more Bunheads.

33. lizabeth says:

i never miss this show, i love it, its so funny and i love the girls. I hope it stays for awhile there are so many other shows that should be canceled before this one.

34. wendy taylor says:

Heard about the show via a facebook ad before it launched, watched every episode. I’m a fan of dance and of Amy and am really enjoying it!

35. Melly C. says:

Please, please, please renew this show! One of the things I loved about Gilmore girls was b/c my mom and I fell in love w/ it together, and it was something shared. Now we share this show. Brings back great memories, and I love the new memories we’re creating! Please, please renew this show!!! Plus, I love learning new things w/ the pop culture references :-)

36. Shannon M G says:

I really want BUNHEADS back for another season!!! THIS IS MY FAVORITE SHOW!!!! All of them deserve a second season!!!!

37. Marita says:

Please renew Bunheads, it makes my Mondays worthwhile after a long work day!!!

38. Jamie Curry says:

Please for all that is good and decent in this world renew this show. A long time fan of Gilmore Girls and Amy I feel like we have to keep witty and clever shows on the air. Sutton foster is amazing in this and brings a great fresh vibe to the character. The quartet has blossomed in front of our eyes and I crave my weekly addiction on Monday nights. Please bring back the bun!!

39. Michelle says:

I love this show so hard. It better come back!

40. ladyfae74 says:

I absolutely LOVE this show! Almost as much as I loved Gilmore Girls. The trademark wit and snark makes my Monday’s less dull. I love the characters, the dialogue, and the dance routines.

41. Poonam says:

Not only is Bunheads the best hour of my week, every week, it’s absolutely refreshing to watch. The plot is great, the characters are amazing and it’s the only show on ABC Family I find worth watching anymore. As an avid Gilmore Girls fan, I find the love I have/had for Sherman-Palladino’s writing just keeps growing. The wit and humor carries over so much from Gilmore Girls and I love the previous cast appearances on this new show. Bunheads is the biggest “must-watch” on TV in a long time. I find myself wanting more at the end of each episode. Sutton Foster is amazing and plays Michelle’s character in a way that brings you to be able to relate to her so easily. I really, really hope this show gets renewed for a second season, if not three or four! I plan on buying the first season on DVD and re-watching all of the episodes, over and over. I love Bunheads so much!!

42. Needs to be renewed so so so badly. I will literally cry if it isn’t. Best new show – hands. Freaking. Down.

43. Bec says:

There are so many terrible shows on TV that keep being renewed. This show is fantastic. Wonderfully written and acted. PLEASE renew it. We love it here in Australia it appeals to our quirky sense of humour.

44. Kelly says:

I’ll be so upset if this amazing show doesn’t make it. Fabulous writing, hilarious cast– what’s not to love!? I also adore the musical numbers and wish they had more of them. Everything Sutton does is magical and how lovely was the dancers’ Picture in a Frame performance? More, more, more!!!!!!

45. Michele Aiken says:

This is one of a handful of shows I look forward to (along with “Switched At Birth”, “The Lying Game” and “Jane by Design”) so it would really be great if it were renewed for another season.

46. jazz says:

this show better be renewed i wana know if dez ever gets the courage to ask melanie out!!

47. Cheryl Simon says:

ABSOLUTELY, RENEW “BUNHEADS”, PLEEEEEEEZZZZZZ!
    I’ve been a huge Sutton fan since the first of 5 times I saw her in “Millie” and have loved everything she’s done on B’way since. Actually, I’ve seen her in every show at least twice. Seeing her on “Bunheads” every week, sharing her multitude of talents (except her artwork) with everyone who tunes in, is such a treat. Also, it’s so refreshing to know there is a show that let’s everyone see the dedication with which the ballet students train and how their lives revolve around their desire to dance. I’d love to see Sutton perform more, and I’d love to see the students dance more (in class and in performances). I have some other ideas to enrich the story, if anyone affiliated with the show wishes to contact me.

48. Christy says:

They better renew it!!! It’s the best show since Gilmore Girls. I absolutely love the style. And as a dancer, I am so happy dance is being recognized in a normal, not So You Think You Can Dance way.

49. Vannessa says:

Please renew this show! My daughter and I love watching it together. There aren’t many shows that you can do that with anymore!

50. tina says:

Love love love love love this show. As a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan, I feel like I have the family back again :) Everything about this show is brilliant!!