TVLine Items: Eileen Davidson Returns to Y&R, CBS Fires The Job and More!

Eileen Davidson Returns Y&RRejoice, Young and the Restless fans: Ashley Abbott is Genoa City-bound once more.

Current Days of Our Lives scene-stealer Eileen Davidson will soon make a trip back to the her old CBS stomping grounds, the network announced Tuesday.

RELATED | Prospect Park ‘Willing to Equally Share’ OLTL Vets With GH: ‘It’s a Win-Win for the Actors’

Per Daytime Confidential, which first reported the news, the actress’ alter ego is slated to return to Y&R for a batch of “very special episodes” opposite her on-screen brother Jack (Peter Bergman) in the coming months.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• CBS has pulled The Job from its schedule after airing two, low-rated installments, per The Hollywood Reporter. Undercover Boss will reclaim the Friday-at-8 pm time slot.

The Walking Dead this Sunday drew 11 million total viewers, down 11 percent from the all-time high (12.3 mil) that tuned in for the midseason premiere.

• National Geographic’s first original “factual drama” Killing Lincoln shattered network records Sunday night, bringing in 3.4 million viewers.

RELATED | The Walking Dead Recap: Barbarians at the Gate

• CBS has posted online the first episode of its Greg Berlanti/Nicholas Wootton-produced drama Golden Boy, a week ahead of its broadcast debut on Tuesday, Feb. 26 (10/9c). The series stars Downton Abbey‘s Theo James as an ambitious cop who is destined to become the youngest police commissioner in New York City history.

• Michael Jackson’s son Prince will act as a special correspondent for Entertainment Tonight online this week, courtesy of an invite from ET‘s own Brooke Anderson.

The Machinima YouTube channel will livestream The Cult of Cult — a weekly, interactive recap of The CW’s new Cult series — starting tonight at 10/9c.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (13)

• Can’t believe that Eileen Davidson is coming back to Y&R for the soap’s 40th anniversary now that she’s got Days of our Lives to deal with. Don’t know which daytime soap would I want to see more of: The Young and the Restless or Days of our Lives. Either way, I considered them both.

Comment by Tran – February 19, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • … What was “The Job”? I never heard of it…

Comment by Babybop – February 19, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Apparently it was just people applying for jobs. The promos looked so dumb.

Comment by Tee – February 19, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sony sent her to DAYS to try to save that show. She’ll eventually be back at Y&R full-time. That’s a huge bonus that Sony owns both shows so that she can do this. ED is a class act and is still a stunner.

Comment by Chicago Dan – February 19, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So…Eileen will be leaving Days soon? Can’t be soon enough for me. Hopefully Brady will return to his right mind once Kristen is gone.

Comment by Sue – February 19, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 110% with you. I go off to do something when Kristen is on screen. Can’t stand her voice, let alone the part she plays.

Comment by Aline Doria – March 11, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Nope. She’s not leaving Days. Darn!

Comment by Sue – February 19, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not 100% sure if she’s leaving DAYS but maybe it’s up to her or the series to make up their decision depending on her DAYS’ contract.

Comment by Tran – February 19, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Eileen Davidson would leave Days permanently. They’ve completely ruined Brady’s character with this awful “affair” with Kristen. On the other hand it makes it quick and easy to watch the show because I FF thru all of their scenes.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 19, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t watched any Daytime Soap Operas in at least 20 years; my question is, why are theses Actors/Actresses still hot?

I mean, even the guys look the same; I would not be able to name the people and/or characters, but I can usually tell if they were in a soap opera because they look the same.

I’m assuming Ms. Davidson has some kids (too lazy to check Wiki), but she seems the same to me (surgery? baby cutlets?, sorcery?!!!).

Comment by Bob Jones – February 19, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like to see csi:ny same on and see good wife go off, and vegas same on too

Comment by Terry Robson – March 13, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t tell us that Billy is gouing to start gambling again. That was so boring because everything he has going for him makes it hard to see him doing something so DUMB!!! pLEASE DON,T let Lilly start up with that brother of Leslie . He has,nt had a place at YR SINCE HE GOT ON THE SOAP.. mAKE HIM A BETTER PERSON ON THE SOAP AND WE MIGHT LIKE HIM! PLEASE LET lAUREN go to the moon and take that bartender with her. I,m so sick of her acting like somethione in HEAT.pLEASE LET kYLE FINALLY GROW UP AND QUIT ACTING LIKE A MAJOR NUT!!

Comment by SYLVIA – April 24, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with all that and get the old Kyle back, this one just doesn’t do it for me.

Comment by Gloria McCready – May 9, 2013 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post