Exclusive Oscar Photos: Host Seth MacFarlane Gets Cheeky With the Man of the Evening

Get More: First Look

Seth MacFarlane, exactly what are you doing to that giant trophy?

The Family Guy creator is apparently prepping for hosting Sunday’s Academy Awards ceremony (ABC, 8:30/7:30c) by goosing hanging out with Oscar himself.

RELATED | LOL Video: Seth MacFarlane Gets a Little Psycho About Hosting the Academy Awards

Scroll down for some exclusive pics of the first-time Oscars emcee getting to know the legendary statuette (and giving it the hairy eyeball/gazing at it reverently — you be the judge), then hit the comments: Which actors and movies would you like to see take home the gold on Sunday night?

SETH MACFARLANE

SETH MACFARLANE

Comments (11)

• Really looking forward to Seth hosting. Also, Christoph Waltz must win. That is all.

Comment by Sally – February 19, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by eileen – February 19, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Waltz? Sorry, not a chance. McFarlane will score big with the under-30 crowd, but he’ll lose the rest with his 13-year-old humor. One trick pony is all he is.

Comment by Bob – February 20, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he’ll do well. Also, you are right, Christoph Waltz must win. And he will. I’ve got him picked. He’s in a tight 50/50 race with Tommy Lee Jones for this award, but Waltz is going to come out on top over Grandpa Crankypants.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – February 20, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most watched Oscars ever I’d bet.

Comment by haukmoor – February 20, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another pompous dick hosting the Oscars… better than Billy Cristal tho.

Comment by Truth – February 20, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Any bets on how far into the show before he does “Stewie”, Peter, or, g-d forbid, Quagmire.

Comment by Bob – February 20, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think Seth is going to be attempting to play to the 13-year old crowd quite the way many expect him to. I think hosting the Oscars is a dream for him. His heroes are the old hosts of yore, like Bob Hope and Johnny Carson. I think he’s going to go a little more in that direction and be a little less Seth-y. Expect song and dance numbers. But at the same time, they do want Seth to bring in a younger audience, yes, so you are going to be getting a little bit of the normal Seth. I’m pretty sure Ted is scheduled to make an appearance. I won’t lie though, if I could go the entire tonight without having to hear a Stewie impression, I’ll be a happy, happy girl.
    Go Christoph Waltz and Ang Lee!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – February 20, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is horrible – nothing but humiliating – they should be throwing rotton tomatoes at him !

Comment by Kate – February 24, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Juvenile,caustic,racist -epic fail for the Oscar ‘s

Comment by Jodi – February 24, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seth is clearly talented. He’s funny and has great comedic timing. My own personal taste of the Oscars is I want it to be classy the whole time. I like to laugh, but I don’t like it be a roast. It’s just rude. and what was with that awful “we saw your boobs”? My favorite parts were when Seth was singing, by far. Why didn’t that guy audition for Les Mis? what a voice!!

Comment by blackbird – February 24, 2013 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post