Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Glee, Shameless, Scandal, Smash, Good Wife, Revenge and More!

Get More: Ask Ausiello, Spoilers

blog_aa_2.19.13Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hello? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Is there any chance Once Upon a Time fans will ever get a flashback to the day Regina first adopted Henry? —Lanie
Ausiello: In a manner of speaking, yes. “We are going to explore the origins of what made Regina go get Henry,” series cocreator Adam Horowitz reveals, “what made Regina want a child.”

Question: Once Upon a Time‘s Henry/Neal/Emma rocked “Manhattan.” What’s next for my favorite family? —Patti
Ausiello: What’s next? Uh, major complications. “Emma’s not going to forgive Neal or ask for him to be in her life romantically, but she at least feels that it would probably be best for Henry to have Neal in his life,” Jennifer Morrison told TVLine’s Matt Mitovich. “But in the midst of Emma asking Neal [about that], it’s revealed to her that he has a fiancee, a whole life that’s been going on. So, that definitely is complicated!”

Question: Any additional details on John Noble’s Good Wife role, aside from him being a man from Alicia’s past? He’s not her father, is he? —Maria
Ausiello: I can neither confirm nor deny that the Fringe vet is playing Alicia’s MIA pop. I can, however, confirm that Stockard Channing will reprise her role as Alicia’s mom in the very same episode. Hmmm….

Question: I just can’t get enough of The Good Wife, especially after Sunday’s episode. You’ve already answered questions on Alicia/Will. I’m dying to know what is going to happen between Cary and Kalinda.—CeCe
Ausiello: For the first time in, like, forever, “they’re both on the same page in terms of where they are in their lives,” notes Matt Czuchry. “And in the past, that wasn’t the case. When Cary was helping Kalinda out, Kalinda wasn’t helping Cary out. That’s not the case anymore.” Their newfound synchronicity, teases the actor, will result in some “interesting moments as the end of the season [nears].”

Question: To soon to ask for Rookie Blue scoop? Any news? —Iga
Ausiello: It’s never too soon. When ABC’s summer procedural returns, the action will pick up six months after Andy and Nick took off for their undercover gig, and there will have been “a lot of changes” for all the characters in that time, Missy Peregrym told TVLine at the Streamy Awards this past Sunday. For one, the task-force partners have “developed this friendship that’s really strong” and “totally different than anything Andy’s ever had,” says the actress. “It’s very opposite of Andy and Sam. There’s not the same amount of intensity.” Speaking of those exes, “there’s a few surprises” in store for McNally when she returns to the Precinct and her ex-boyfriend. Hmm, like maybe a new girlfriend for Sam?

Question: Any Parks and Recreation scoop? —Carrie
Ausiello: Patton Oswalt is guest starring in an upcoming episode (directed by Amy Poehler) as a guy who objects to Leslie making changes to the horribly outdated Pawnee Charter. Basically, he thinks life was better in 1817 when the town was founded, and that the people who wrote the charter were unimpeachable geniuses whose writings should never be altered. Elsewhere in P-town, Tom flirts with a dream — and Ann reacts to it like a nightmare — when a gal-on-the-prowl courts them for a threesome.

Question: I feel like the only guy in the world that loves Rachel and Brody together on Glee. Please tell me that he’s not an escort or prostitute or whatever and it was just a coincidence that he was leaving a friend’s hotel room with some money. —Rashad
Ausiello: All I can tell you is that you’ll get a definitive answer to that question in the very next episode, airing March 7. I lied. That’s not the only thing I can tell you. I can also tell you that shortly after the show returns from its mini-winter hiatus, Sue will be in the middle of a feud with Blaine. “I’m blackmailing him to get back on the Cheerios,” reveals Jane Lynch. “Because I want his ass on my Cheerios.”

Question: Anything you can share about this week’s Vampire Diaries? Based on the promo, Elena doesn’t appear to be taking Jeremy’s death well — assuming he is actually dead. —Andy
Ausiello: Let’s just say Elena invents a new stage of grief to cope with her brother’s apparent passing, and it’s hot.

Question: I’m disappointed that there hasn’t been anything juicy about Switched at Birth in almost a month. Can you give me the latest on my secret weeknight obsession? —Catherine
Ausiello: SaB is going where no show has gone before: The March 4 hour will be told entirely in American Sign Language. “The theme of the episode is, can the hearing world and the deaf world really co-exist with each other without there being a prejudice or reverse prejudice going on?” star Vanessa Marano previewed at the Streamy Awards. With Carlton School for the Deaf on the brink of being closed, Bay gets involved in the fight to save it, and ends up causing “so much trouble,” teases the actress. “She helps out the deaf kids in that episode, and then doesn’t necessarily get rewarded in the way that she was hoping she would be.”

Question: I’m keeping my fingers crossed that one day you’ll choose my scoop request. Any info on New Girl? —Sarah
Ausiello: Today’s the day, Sarah! To make Cece jealous, Schmidt seeks out an ex who loved him back when he was… bigger… but in trade for the favor he wants, she forces him to revisit his pizza-inhaling ways.

Question: I have become addicted to Beauty and the Beast. Please, please, please give me something, anything, and I will love you even more than I do now! —Christina
Ausiello: Tone it down a scosh, Chrissy. Not too much — just a scosh. Maybe lose one of the pleases. Re: B&B, you know the near-kiss that had you throwing things at the TV last Thursday at 9:57pm? You’re gonna get at least one more of those before things starting going sideways again, and swiftly, for Vincent and Cat. (Little sisters, ugh!)

Question: So I’ve been reading your spoiler columns for the past couple years, but I’ve never asked you a question. Maybe I’m too shy, who knows? Anyway, this past weekend, I watched every episode of Shameless, and I am hooked! I was wondering if you could spare a tidbit, possibly about the foster care plotline? —Shea
Ausiello: One of the Gallagher children who shall remain nameless (but who is pictured at the top of this column) finds out who placed the call to child services, and I’m told epic crazy-eyes result. Also, the season finale? Game-changer!

Question: Come on, Aus! I ask for Ivy-related Smash spoilers every week! Surely you’ve got something by now? —Linzey
Ausiello: Well, aside from the fact that “They Just Keep Moving the Line” is now in the Top 10 — with a bullet — at TVLine HQ, let’s just say that in next week’s episode, the blonde bombshell finds herself participating in three out of the following four activities: 1) Grinding up on Jennifer Hudson’s sweet starlet Veronica Moore; 2) Harmonizing with sworn enemy Karen; 3) Booking a gig that’ll be (as that network tagline goes) “only on Bravo!”; and 4) Removing one of Ellis’ teeth with pliers. Oh, and for a little bonus scoop, would you be surprised to find out that Ms. Cartwright might have a hidden knack for songwriting?

Question: Tell me something about Revenge! —Simona
Ausiello: With Amanda pushing up daisies, the show is on the lookout for another recurring female rabble-rouser. Producers are casting the role of Regina, a cynical, sharp-tongued 18-year-old who possesses a vicious sense of humor and a wild streak. Got casting tips? Hit the comments!

Question: Could you supply some scoop on Body of Proof in your next Ask Ausiello? —Jason
Ausiello: Dana Delany says the rebooted ABC drama’s third season (premiering Tuesday) features less “whimsy” and “a lot more danger,” adding that Megan will find herself in several perilous situations over the course of the 13 episodes. And at the risking of getting ahead of ourselves, the finale will resolve a long-standing mystery and feature a shocking cameo by this studly hunkamuffin.

Question: Any scoop on Scott Foley’s Scandal peeping tom, Jake? My guess is he’s working for Mellie. —Jodi
Ausiello: Interesting. My money’s on Hollis. Another provocative question no one (except me) seems to be asking: How long has Jake been spying on Liv? “It could have been going on for years,” speculates Foley. “Or it could be a new thing. Personally, I think it’s probably been going on for a month or two and he realized there was something interesting [about her and decided] to meet her in real-life and see what happens.”

Question: Is Fox ever going to air Goodwin Games? —Joey
Ausiello: No news, coupled with the fact that Scott Foley — who stars in the seemingly-jinxed comedy alongside Becki Newton and T.J. Miller — doesn’t even know, is bad news. “I hope it [airs],” sighs the actor. “All seven episodes were sent to me the other day and my wife and I sat down and had a three-hour Goodwin Games marathon and we were laughing and we were crying. I’m really proud of the work and the show.”  Foley speculates that the network, coming off a weak fall season, got “cold feet,” acknowledging that the show “is not your standard comedy.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Scott Huver)

Comments (228)

• Just once I would like to see Blaine get a storyline on Glee that isn’t about how awesome he is. I mean is that really all they can think of for this character? The Warblers want him, New Directions want him, now the Cheerios too? I can’t wait till the competition for regionals comes calling. I’m sure they’ll want him to join their group as well. After that he can just waltz easily into NYADA where they’ll probably create the Blaine Anderson honorary scholarship. Can this character please find at least one person who doesn’t think he is the greatest thing to ever happen to them? Or at least stop shoving him down my throat already! (Note: this can also apply to Karen on Smash).

Comment by Lydia – February 20, 2013 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. The blatant Blaine worship and fan pandering to Starkid/Darren stans is sucking what little life Glee has left right out of the show.

Comment by melly – February 20, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a question about OUAT. I’ve missed a few episodes over the seasons so I may have missed this- but in season 1 I remember Emma asking Regina if she loved Henry. She said she did but I thought Emma knew she wasn’t telling the truth due to her being able to tell when people are lying. Am I remembering that incorrectly or was this explained somehow?

Comment by Fran – February 20, 2013 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emma cannot tell if someone is lying or not, she’s been lies to more than any character on the show.

Comment by Mike – February 20, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually Fran is right. In the pilot episode Emma said her “superpower” was being able to tell when people are lying. ABC’s OUAT page even says that on the character’s bio page. Apparently though that’s something the show either changed or forgot about.

Comment by Julie – February 20, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whomever the writers decided to make Emma be with or end up with I am confident they’ll do a good job at convincing me they belong together.On average 9 million plus people watch this show, and there is no way to make them all happy.I do love the dynamic they’ve set up between Hook and Emma but I love ONCE, it’s one of my absolute favorite shows, so what I don’t understand is how every time I read an article about pairings I find comments in the comment section “If that happens..I’ll stop watching.” Etc etc I’m not sure there is a pairing that would make me not want to watch the show. I watch it for its brilliant storytelling and the characters.

Comment by AL Saints – February 20, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that no matter who Emma is paired with, some people will complain. On average, I think most people don’t really ‘care’ who Emma ends up with…as long as the story is interesting. The most opinionated viewers are the ones who are leaving comments here.

I also have loved the EmmaxHook dynamic.I enjoyed the show before Hook came on, but I have appreciated the chemistry between the two actors. I hope to see that continue to be developed. They have done a great job so far.

Comment by Katie – February 20, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The last 4 episodes even reached 9 million

….

. The Outsider : 8.24 million viewers,

. In The Name Of The Brother : 7.68 million viewers,

. Tiny (2.13): 7.08 million viewers,

. Manhattan (2.14): 7.61 million viewers,

Compared with the first season. These ratings have been going down quite a lot. And I think it will stay that way or worse

Comment by lol – February 20, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The audience has been declining every episode. Why is that?
        Are we just that complain? almost half of the previous year….Where are the others? Those who do not complain, but they failed to watch?

Comment by lol – February 20, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, so the BOP finale will reveal who killed Megan’s father?

Comment by Marco – February 20, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not a huge Neal fan…so I am not sorry to hear that he has another love interest. I think it would be nice for him to have a presence in Henry’s life…but I am glad he won’t be getting back together with Emma.

Comment by Katie – February 20, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Beauty & the Beast scoop! Heather has GOT to give Catherine some privacy. For my sake.

Comment by Renee – February 20, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First, about Scandal, I say it was Fitz (or POTUS) who hired Jake.
    Second, I would love to see Emma having a love relationship with Hook or Neal or August. I mean, after the beloved sheriff died she needs lots of kisses from a handsome guy.

Comment by Tinemi – February 20, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anyone else trying to do the math on how old Emma and Neal/Baelfire were when they first got together and coming up skeptical about their current age situation?

Comment by Meredith – February 20, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hook is much older than Bael / Neal.
      He slept with Bae’s mother lolololol

Comment by ecrc (@snow_bluebird) – February 20, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know in real life MRJ and JM are only two years apart, and in Tallahassee Emma was supposedly 17-19? I know she stayed in Tallahassee longer than other places. Hypothetically Neal might not be that much older, but in perspective Hook is slept with Baes mom, so Hook is older than Neal.

Comment by Mike – February 20, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think you’re right on Emma’s age. Neal would have to have been at least 14-15 years older than her if he fell through the portal at age 14 and Emma wasn’t born yet. I forgot about the Hook/Milah hook-up, creepy. Here’s hoping she winds up w/ Pinocchio who seems to be the most age appropriate :)

Comment by Meredith – February 20, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • We don’t know what year the portal took him to though, so hypothetically Emma and Him could be close in age, the creators really need to clear this up.

Comment by Mike – February 20, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Regina is more evil then Rumple because she isn’t under a curse. Rumple is under the curse of the Dark One. So the most evil thing he did before that was kill the old Dark One, and that was so he could save his Son. There was a reason Bae/Neal wanted to leave to a land without Magic, because of the curse his Father is under. That curse changed Rumple from a good Father who would do anything for his Son to one that abandoned him.

Regina let all her hurt and anger turn her heart evil. Because of those reasons I am a Rumple Belle Shipper, Belle could see underneath the curse to the man Rumple once was and could be again if his curse was broken. I’m hoping that Henry will be the Dark One’s undoing and Rumple will be freed of that curse.

Comment by Sw – February 20, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, Rumple killed the Dark one and thus became the dark one, he is responsible for everything he did as the Dark one, being under a curse does not let him off the Hook, for everything he did. He is just a bad if not worse than Regina, who is bad too and I am not defending her. You can be a Rumbelle shipper all you want, but don’t act like Rumple is any better than the other villains on the show, while Hook may be the catalyst for Milahs death, Rumple is the one that did it, not really relevant to the statement, but I hope they bring this up to Neal.

Comment by Mike – February 20, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not saying Rumple isn’t responsible for what he has done as the Dark One. What I was saying is the Dark Curse changed him that dark magic changed him from a Father who only wanted to save his son, to one that let that son go.

Comment by Sw – February 20, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now imagine Snow and Charming adding Hook to their mess familiar tree:

” … And our daughter dates with the man who slept with her ​​son’s grandmother..”

I think that already wasted too much time with this.
    Too bad, see the only show that I watch now, begin to sag like this

Comment by ecrc (@snow_bluebird) – February 20, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Olivia doesn’t know about the cameras, then this show has just become the most unrealistic show ever. Given her profession and some of the conversations that go on in her apartment, I can’t believe she doesn’t electronically sweep her apartment every day. I also can’t believe Huck, with his mad skills, would miss things as obvious as cameras (plural!) in Liv’s apartment. They can’t have it both ways: Liv and her people are either totally careful about every aspect of their lives (especially the boss!) or they’re totally stupid about the possibility of people eavesdropping. And, given their access to sensitive information, I’d go with the former. I’m calling you on this one, Shonda.

Comment by arial2 – February 20, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “The March 4 hour will be told entirely in American Sign Language.” – I really hope ABCFamily won’t freaking hide any of the text with their annoyingly, abnoxious banners and promos during the show. That is effing stupid to do during this show.

Comment by Linda – February 20, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really excited about the all-ASL episode of Switched at Birth. That sounds really cool.

Comment by Spencer – February 21, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is going to happen on SHAMELESS season finale? Is someone important going to die? Jimmy is really cool this season.

I am very anxious to see how dramatic and sad the finale can be without Monica around.

Comment by Lip – February 21, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This post gives clear idea designed for the new visitors of blogging, that genuinely how to do blogging and site-building.|

Comment by agate cameos jewellery – March 22, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, yes this paragraph is actually fastidious and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging. thanks.|

Comment by media stock – March 22, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thankfulness to my father who told me concerning this weblog, this weblog is actually amazing.

Comment by Aubrey – March 25, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am curious and interested in what you are writing about right here.

Comment by click for garden furniture – April 9, 2013 03:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post