Hannibal Exclusive: Dr. Lecter's Hiding Something In Official Poster for NBC Thriller

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

Consider this an appetizer to the main course NBC will be serving up on April 4: An exclusive first look at the delectable poster for Hannibal, Bryan Fuller’s ravenously anticipated contemporary drama series based on the characters from Thomas Harris’ Red Dragon novel.

RELATED | X-Files‘ Gillian Anderson Joins Hannibal as [Spoiler]

The following key art cheekily plays up Dr. Lecter’s (played by Mads Mikkelsen) fondness for, ahem, unconventional cuisine, while partially obscuring the crazed cannibal’s face.

Surprisingly, what the promotional piece lacks is a tagline — perhaps NBC’s marketing gurus wanted the provocative image to speak for itself? Or maybe — just maybe — they wanted to see what clever little slogan TVLine readers could conjure up in the comments section of this story.

So, what are you waiting for? Channel your inner Don Draper and serve up your catchiest copy to accompany Hannibal‘s first wave of propaganda. Here’s my pitch: “The Doctor will Saw You Now.”

HANNIBAL TV Show Poster NBC

Comments (29)

• Meh, I’m not impressed.

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 16, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is that even possible?! It’s just a picture.

Comment by Jared – February 16, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Pictures should speak a thousand words, no?

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 16, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • lol. Maybe… But at least wait till the first teaser trailer.

Comment by Jared – February 16, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suits and Scandal are my permanent Thursday 10pm reservations. But with Suits coming to an end next week, I might give this a try.

I personally am looking forward to NBC’s Dracula pilot.

Comment by Jared – February 16, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mads Mikkelsen, great actor. Looking forward to this one.

Comment by moviefan – February 16, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That poster gives me the chills.

Comment by Heather – February 16, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe like, “Take a bite”… Or maybe that’s more for vampire shows? Ha ha.
    Can’t wait for this. Bryan Fuller is my TV hero. Even if his shows keep getting cancelled…

Comment by Babybop – February 16, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Mads Mikkelsen, such a talented actor. And I love the poster, a tagline would be nice but I don’t find it essential to promote Hannibal tbh.

Comment by sugee – February 16, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Or “Bone Appetit”? Or … nah, I got nothin’ else.

Comment by Annie – February 16, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleased to eat you. Ha ha I know, that’s awful. No words are necessary, Mads Mikkelsen has a face so expressive he can speak volumes without saying a word. He’s known for that. Love him, can’t wait!

Comment by Sandy Mistretta – February 16, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Pass the Fava Beans.”

Comment by J – February 16, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just an appetizer?… bring on the Main course

Comment by Chainsaw Charlie – February 16, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “give us a reason to not cancel this one, please” would be quite appropriate for the time slot and bryan fuller’s history with tv.

Comment by Alan – February 16, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “what’s for dinner?”

Comment by Matt Barnes – February 16, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Human….its what’s for dinner! Or people…its what’s for dinner! Hahaha I have no idea!

Comment by sara – February 16, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “His Genuis
    Undeniable
    His Evil
    Unspeakable
    His Name.”

Comment by Richard – February 16, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Guess what my left hand is doing ……. “

Comment by Terry Stephenson – February 16, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t you look yummy!

Comment by Amy Adams – February 16, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have an old friend for dinner.

Obviously people. Step Up Your Game.

Comment by David S – February 16, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although I sample most new dramas, this one is a definite MISS right from the beginning. I will stick with “The Following” and “Cult” for my serial killer/madman shows.

Comment by MaryAnn – February 16, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You bring the fava beans, I’ll bring the chianti.

Comment by dan – February 17, 2013 03:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a pleasure to eat you.

Comment by Alice – February 17, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, that’s just like my tag line (see post above). I guess it wasn’t so bad after all, lol! Just saw the first trailer for the show last night, looks amaaaazing!

Comment by Sandy Mistretta – February 17, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Immaculate consumption

Comment by vincent dante – February 18, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pray he doesn’t have you for dinner.

Comment by Andrew – February 18, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He could just eat you up.

Comment by Doug – February 18, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Toughens the nipples, doesn’t it?

Comment by Joe – February 20, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post