Good Wife First Look: [Spoiler] Takes Eli to Court!

Eli Gold is heading to the courtroom — but for all the wrong reasons, as a defendant in the March 3 episode of CBS’ The Good Wife. We’ve got a first look at his skirmish with no less than the United States Department uf Justice, which is represented by Desperate Housewives alum Kyle MacLachlan (as Assistant U.S. Attorney Josh Perrotti).

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on The Good Wife’s Blast from the Past!

Defending Eli is the always crafty Elsbeth Tascioni (played by Carrie Preston), who manages to countersue AUSA Perrotti himself when the Justice Department refuses to name the person testifying against Eli in a bribery case.

RELATED | The Good Wife Recruits Fringe‘s John Noble

Also appearing in the episode are Law & Order‘s S. Epatha Merkerson (as the judge overseeing the trial) and Lily Rabe (American Horror Story, returning as reporter Petra Moritz).

1. Clari says:

Is Maura Tierney coming back to this show?

2. wow, trey macdougal is a silver fox now!

3. Lucy says:

Eli storyline is boring me that season. I suppose they’re adding so many new characters, guest stars and Tascioni to make it more intriguing but it’s not working for me. It’s once again a storyline mostly about Eli and besides Peter and Alicia nobody else is involved in it.
    I’m looking forward to sunday episode but not to this one.

4. Wayne T says:

Loving Carrie Preston eps, what a great character. Best show on TV right now!

5. TGW Fan says:

Cant wait for the March 3 episode! Should be great – will enjoy seeing the wacky, but brilliant Elsbeth defend the seriously anal but also brilliant Eli. This is the best show on TV, but CBS treats it as “eh?” and I don’t get it. ALso looking forward to Sunday Feb. 17 episode. Woo Hoo!

6. TGW Fan says:

Alan Cumming deserves an Emmy nod for his role as Eli…As does the whole cast really. Baranski and Panjabi are all as awesome as Margulies.

• Kim says:

I totally agree–he plays a persona SO completely different than his real personality. I’m SO impressed by his performances week after week. This is one of my very favorite shows on TV! Also adore the Carrie Preston character–I hope they make her a permanent fixture.

7. Jasie says:

What episode does Jessalyn Gilsig guest star in?

8. TVDIVA says:

Love and adore Carrie Preston as Elsbeth on The Good Wife. I hope she becomes a regular cast member. She is soooo wasted on True Blood.

9. Saint Alicia says:

Looking forward to this ep (as usual), though as someone else already stated, I’m not really interested in the Eli storylines outside of his connection to Peter/the campaign. Although this one seems more pertinent than his previous ex-wife/potential love interest plots. And ffs, no more cast additions–use the people you have (*ahem* Cary).

• Lucy says:

They could add cast members if they were able to contain the guest stars’s flow. One episode and we’ll get Carrie Preston, Kyle MacLachlan, Amanda Peet, Maura Tierney, T.R. Knight, Dominic Chianese, Lily Rabe….no surprise they don’t have time for their regulars.
      And I’ve nothing against an Eli storyline. But it’s a spin-off not just a storyline. Carrie Preston, Kyle MacLachlan, T.R. Knight, Dominic Chianese, Kristin Chenoweth…all those people were casted mainly to be part of Eli’s storyline. And unfortunally a storyline I don’t care so much about.
      That while other characters were left with nothing to do for half season.

10. Jo Detchon says:

Good Wife is the best program on TV and should be treated as such. Its interrupted all the time by football games running overtime. In order to see the whole program I tape two programs so I don’t miss the endings. I love all the characters and they all are top actors. I look forward to watching my tape the next day. Jo

11. Jodie says:

Jackie takes the stand? I have a hunch about what that means, but I hope I’m wrong. She’s such a pot-stirrer!

12. Susan Quatresols says:

Does anyone know who the guy was who testified at the mock trial? He looks like a young Hugh Grant and used to be on a sit com and played sort of a goofy character. He was wearing glasses on The Good Wife

13. Otto says:

Explosion not Endurance – One of the very important aspects of learning how to
    increase vertical jump is to focus on explosion and not resistence.
    Strength training should be considered for Volleyball players and
    any athletes who want to excel at their sport.
    This is to ensure that no matter how hard the skill is to master, you can always expect success
    in the end.