Good Wife First Look: [Spoiler] Takes Eli to Court!

Eli Gold is heading to the courtroom — but for all the wrong reasons, as a defendant in the March 3 episode of CBS’ The Good Wife. We’ve got a first look at his skirmish with no less than the United States Department uf Justice, which is represented by Desperate Housewives alum Kyle MacLachlan (as Assistant U.S. Attorney Josh Perrotti).

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on The Good Wife’s Blast from the Past!

Defending Eli is the always crafty Elsbeth Tascioni (played by Carrie Preston), who manages to countersue AUSA Perrotti himself when the Justice Department refuses to name the person testifying against Eli in a bribery case.

RELATED | The Good Wife Recruits Fringe‘s John Noble

Also appearing in the episode are Law & Order‘s S. Epatha Merkerson (as the judge overseeing the trial) and Lily Rabe (American Horror Story, returning as reporter Petra Moritz).

Comments (21)

• Is Maura Tierney coming back to this show?

Comment by Clari – February 15, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, she is in this episode as well. And Amanda Peet. And TR Knight. And Dominic Chianese. And Renee Elise Goldsberry (JoVan4EVER!).

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 15, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The info in the article, the juicy lines in the promo and all the fantastic guest actors will make for a great sweeps episode.

Comment by bbau05 – February 15, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re a JoVan fan? I knew there was a reason I liked you. ;-)

Comment by Marceline (@MsMarceline) – February 19, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I seriously wish Peter didn’t cut Alicia off when she was about to attack Maddie. Was so looking forward to that. Hope it finally happens soon!

Comment by A – February 15, 2013 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow, trey macdougal is a silver fox now!

Comment by baglesvswaffles – February 15, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eli storyline is boring me that season. I suppose they’re adding so many new characters, guest stars and Tascioni to make it more intriguing but it’s not working for me. It’s once again a storyline mostly about Eli and besides Peter and Alicia nobody else is involved in it.
    I’m looking forward to sunday episode but not to this one.

Comment by Lucy – February 15, 2013 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving Carrie Preston eps, what a great character. Best show on TV right now!

Comment by Wayne T – February 16, 2013 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved it when she became Eli’s lawyer. This is going to be great TV! :)

Comment by Kim R – February 16, 2013 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait for the March 3 episode! Should be great – will enjoy seeing the wacky, but brilliant Elsbeth defend the seriously anal but also brilliant Eli. This is the best show on TV, but CBS treats it as “eh?” and I don’t get it. ALso looking forward to Sunday Feb. 17 episode. Woo Hoo!

Comment by TGW Fan – February 16, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alan Cumming deserves an Emmy nod for his role as Eli…As does the whole cast really. Baranski and Panjabi are all as awesome as Margulies.

Comment by TGW Fan – February 16, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree–he plays a persona SO completely different than his real personality. I’m SO impressed by his performances week after week. This is one of my very favorite shows on TV! Also adore the Carrie Preston character–I hope they make her a permanent fixture.

Comment by Kim – February 16, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What episode does Jessalyn Gilsig guest star in?

Comment by Jasie – February 16, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love and adore Carrie Preston as Elsbeth on The Good Wife. I hope she becomes a regular cast member. She is soooo wasted on True Blood.

Comment by TVDIVA – February 16, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just posted that–great minds think alike!

Comment by Kim – February 16, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to this ep (as usual), though as someone else already stated, I’m not really interested in the Eli storylines outside of his connection to Peter/the campaign. Although this one seems more pertinent than his previous ex-wife/potential love interest plots. And ffs, no more cast additions–use the people you have (*ahem* Cary).

Comment by Saint Alicia – February 16, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They could add cast members if they were able to contain the guest stars’s flow. One episode and we’ll get Carrie Preston, Kyle MacLachlan, Amanda Peet, Maura Tierney, T.R. Knight, Dominic Chianese, Lily Rabe….no surprise they don’t have time for their regulars.
      And I’ve nothing against an Eli storyline. But it’s a spin-off not just a storyline. Carrie Preston, Kyle MacLachlan, T.R. Knight, Dominic Chianese, Kristin Chenoweth…all those people were casted mainly to be part of Eli’s storyline. And unfortunally a storyline I don’t care so much about.
      That while other characters were left with nothing to do for half season.

Comment by Lucy – February 16, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good Wife is the best program on TV and should be treated as such. Its interrupted all the time by football games running overtime. In order to see the whole program I tape two programs so I don’t miss the endings. I love all the characters and they all are top actors. I look forward to watching my tape the next day. Jo

Comment by Jo Detchon – February 17, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jackie takes the stand? I have a hunch about what that means, but I hope I’m wrong. She’s such a pot-stirrer!

Comment by Jodie – February 18, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know who the guy was who testified at the mock trial? He looks like a young Hugh Grant and used to be on a sit com and played sort of a goofy character. He was wearing glasses on The Good Wife

Comment by Susan Quatresols – February 19, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Explosion not Endurance – One of the very important aspects of learning how to
    increase vertical jump is to focus on explosion and not resistence.
    Strength training should be considered for Volleyball players and
    any athletes who want to excel at their sport.
    This is to ensure that no matter how hard the skill is to master, you can always expect success
    in the end.