Vampire Diaries Recap: Is [Spoiler] a Goner?

Down the Rabbit HoleOn Thursday’s Vampire Diaries, the hunt for the cure took a deadly turn.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries‘ Joseph Morgan on Klaus’ Mystic Falls Exit

After much talk about the destruction his rising would bring, a mummified Silas awoke… and promptly snapped Jeremy’s neck! Guess it wasn’t his arms we should have been worried about a couple weeks ago, but his everything.

This being Vampire Diaries, we have to ask: Do you think Jer’s death will stick? Are you hoping he miraculously survives?

But first, let’s rewind: The major cure news to come out of the episode is that, unsurprisingly, there is only one dose. So whoever wants the last cookie is going to have to fight for it. Klaus lets his sister, Rebekah, in on this intel. “I hope you get to live and die as you wish,” he says. And I think he actually means it. She then shares the news with Stefan, but once it’s obvious he’d just give the cure to Elena instead of taking it for himself, she snaps his neck and hightails it to the well.

RELATED | Claire Holt Joins Vampire Diaries Spin-Off

Meanwhile, Damon’s been caught by the hunter Shrek Vaughn, who informs him that it took shoving the cure down Silas’ throat to keep the immortal being down. If he’s awakened, that one dose is going to have to be used to kill him. While this is going on, Jeremy and Bonnie have made their way down to Silas’ tomb. Shane got a broken leg during the spell rock-falling, so Bonnie simply says, “Best to stay off it then,” and leaves him behind. In the tomb, she sees her dead Grams much like the professor saw his deceased wife, but Jer convinces her it’s just a hallucination. Silas is just messing with her mind. What he’s not messing with? His vice grip on the cure. They realize that in order to get it out of calcified hands, they’ll need to feed him their blood and wake him.

Then there’s Elena, who discovers another unexpected vampire in the well – Katherine, so good to see you! – and she’s not having any of it. “Oh no,” she mutters. But Kat must have gotten the upper hand, not to mention a hair straightener and a matching outfit, because she fools Bonnie and Jeremy into believing she’s Elena. When Jer insists they help Bonnie, who’s been stabbed by Vaughn, before getting the cure, she finally gets fed up.

“God, I forgot what a brat you are,” Katherine says before biting into him and feeding his blood to Silas. Elena’s brother barely has time to register what’s going on before Silas snaps his neck and sends a lifeless Jeremy to the ground as Katherine takes off with the cure.

RELATED | The CW Orders Early Renewals for Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Arrow

Meanwhile, back in Mystic Falls, Caroline pleads with Klaus to let Tyler go and live safely somewhere far, far away. If they’re the same, as Klaus believes they are – they both like “being strong, ageless, fearless” and thus, wouldn’t take the cure, he says – then she asks that he show compassion. Just as it appears that Klaus will be merciful against Tyler for Caroline’s sake, he adds that it’s just a head start. And so, the couple is once again forced to say their goodbyes in a heartbreaking scene. Tyler tries to convince Caroline that it’s just temporary, but she knows that finding a solution could take a long time and she wants him to live his life. If this exchange didn’t get to you, then you might want to have your ticker checked:

“I will live a happy life without you,” he promises as tears stream down her face. “I will forget all about you. And I will never, ever think about you again.”

“Until we find a way,” she replies.

Vampire Diaries fans, what did you think of the episode’s shocking twists? Are Jeremy and Bonnie both goners? Why do you think Katherine wants the cure? And did you cry during Caroline and Tyler’s “break-up”? Finally, does Damon win Line of the Night for this: “Do I look like I know anything about tattoos? Look at my skin. It’s flawless”?

1. michelle says:

All I know is Queen Rebekah deserves that cure. And its a damn shame she wont get it. Sorry Jer, but you were only interesting when Anna and you were being adorable together.

Hope that they let Rebekah stay in TVD as well as the Originals. She’s awesome.

• 80s says:

And the last time Klaus was interesting was when he was in Alaric’s body. Though I will watch the Originals when it gets picked up, good riddance to Klaus and co. on TVD!

• David says:

OMG So true!

• S says:

Thank You. I like the originals but frankly I’m getting sick of reading comments like that. Jeremy and the others have been here since S1 and they are way more important. You haters don’t like tvd don’t watch wait for the freakin spin off either way I hope they leave. I’m over them

• Summer says:

She better stay on TVD! ‘The Originals’ really doesn’t interest me at all…

• Celeste says:

Yes jet was wearing his ring you might say being a supernatural hunter it won’t work news flash guys when bonnie done the spell and the tat disappeared so did the supernatural hunters magic so making him just human again he will return for sure

• Celeste says:

Yes jer was wearing his ring you might say being a supernatural hunter it won’t work news flash guys when bonnie done the spell and the tat disappeared so did the supernatural hunters magic so making him just human again he will return for sure

2. kelly says:

I wish it was Elijah returning. I agree with the previous comment on Jeremy..

3. Fabe says:

Holy cow! So happy Katherine is back, but I’m wondering what she is going to do with the cure!

4. S says:

That was really sad. I’ve always loved Jeremy and hope he’s not really gone for good but it looks like he is :( and Elena is going to lose it and poor Bonnie too.

• Josh says:

I like Jeremy too…but I think he should be gone for good. Death has come to mean so little on this show but the death of Jeremy would be REALLY great for the characters of Bonnie and Elena. It would give BOnnie something to do that isn’t “witchy” and would finally set Elena on a path of maybe becoming a character again, really learn to stand on her own two feet and get a storyline of her own.

• Tony says:

I disagree. The body count is staggering on this show. Sure, many were peripheral characters. But there has been some significant deaths. I do agree it should stick because if anything, the show needed something to remind us that anything can and will happen on this show.

• n says:

he was wearing the ring!

• soulja says:

he is definitely wearing his ring, if u watch the bit where kat takes Jeremys arm and feeds it to silus, his guna cum bak.

• Tweed says:

I just checked and the above post is correct. He was wearing the ring when he died. You can clearly see it when Katherine feeds Silas Jeremy’s wrist.

• Lola says:

That doesn´t matter. He being the Hunter and all. He is supernatural. And the ring only works on humens…
            BUT, the tattoo vanishes in that on scene… maybe he isn´t the hunter anymore… than maybe the ring is indeed working…. but I don´t think so, not after seeing the promo for next week… :-(

• sls says:

Just saw a promo where Shane tells Bonnie that Silas drained Jeremy and he is indeed dead. Don’t know if the ring can fix that problem. Also don’t know if Shane isn’t lying.

• soulja says:

if his ring doesnt work on him then y is he still wearing it? on top of that they clearly showed the ring aswel so basically they are trying to do a MIND F*** on the audience. lol. any way we’ll find out soon.

5. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Katherine arrives and this show gets 10X more interesting. Coincidence? I think not.

• Jon says:

She is, without a doubt, the best character on the show. It’s a shame Plec sets her aside for dull Klaus. So glad she’s back, but if they kill her off while Klaus gets his own spin off, I am 1,000x done with this show.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I’m thinking Klaus is getting his own show just so they can bring Katherine back. So long as Klaus is in Mystic Falls, she won’t be. Katherine can’t die. To kill her would be committing a sin against nature.

• Jon says:

That was my theory, too! You can talk about Klaus all you want, but without Katherine, this show would just completely crumble.

• Brynnomsford says:

It is hard for Nina to play both roles for a long period of time. One character is a 12 hour a day job for her so to play both would be double that. I think they try to use Katherine when they really need her and try not to kill Nina with work. Plus, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

• wednesday says:

I’m sure it would be alot of work, but have you ever seen The Lying Game? Alexandra Chando plays twins on there EVERY week & usually plays opposite herself in every episode. It’s unreal. I don’t know how the girl does it! She’s just as talented as Nina. Actually they bare an uncanny resemblance to each other. I think Nina could handle it. I would love to see Katherine more. I’ve missed her. Although I’m not very happy with her right now!

• Chando has totally spoiled Katherine for me. She does such a fabulous job with Emma/Sutton that the crap differentiation between Elena/Katherine and complete unlikability of Elena makes me not think that highly of Dobrev.

I want Katherine dead for killing Jeremy. Her role as a slightly more interesting Elena isn’t sufficient to make it worth keeping her. Bring back Jeremy and kill the B.

• luli says:

Rebekah and Katherine are the best thing on this show!

• lovee tvd says:

yeaah katherina is backkkkkkk

6. Erin says:

I’m too happy about Katherine’s return to be sad about Jeremy’s death. Maybe if they’d actually put any effort into making him an interesting character I’d care more.

• Cathy O. says:

Sadly I think Jer is permanently dead since one of the spoilers said someone would die permanently. I feel bad for Elena because now all of her family is gone. I wonder if this would cause her to lose her humanity. Poor Damon has given up. Elena did let Stefan know the old Elena is gone so she is not interested in getting back together with him. Too bad Damon won’t let himself believe Elena really loves him because she needs him now. I still believe Delena will get through this and they will be epic when it happens.

7. Cc says:

Awesome. Just… Awesome.

8. ollie says:

if jeremy had the ring on, the neck snapping shouldnt have killed him but who knows and is bonnie gonna to survive bc next week promo elena was asking where was she. glad katherine is back cant wait to see what she wants the cure for.

• E says:

I think there’s the argument that now that he’s one of The Five he’s “supernatural” so the ring won’t work. Although I can’t remember if this had actually even been addressed on the show before.

• Catherine says:

I think the issue they will address in the next episode is that once Jeremy became a hunter he is considered a “supernatural” bc the Five were created by a witch, therefore the ring wouldn’t have saved him :(

9. Kimber says:

I hope Jer survives, he did have the ring on. Oh, I’m loving the play on words used in the article.
    He’s survived having his neck snapped before when wearing the ring so if he doesn’t this time then that will lack complete continuity.
    I did read there is a death so it makes me wonder if the death is Jer but as I said before if they go that route then they have undermined previous season where he and Alaric survived so many things. How would they explain that…

• Isaac says:

Because now Jeremy is a hunter. Much like it doesn’t work on Elena when she’s a doppelganger, it probably won’t work on him.

10. Robert says:

I figured Jeremy would be a goner once this entire hunter/cure storyline started. Was hoping I’d be wrong, but given Elena is like a magnet for tragic family losses, it makes sense.

11. Tisha says:

I’m hoping they somehow bring Jeremy back.

12. Tony says:

Was not expecting that ending….at all. Great way to bring Katherine back.

I kind of feel at this point, Elena should get the cure. As much as she annoys me, they just killed off her last living relative (as far as we know of). Give the girl back her humanity

13. Dizzy says:

They cant kill Jeremy… I like him and Bonnie together. And WOW Katherine is finally back.

14. S says:

I’m all for Katherine being back cause I love the character but to kill off Jeremy (Elena’s only family member left) is just cruel. Why’d they have to do that?

• Anna says:

Wondering the same: just plain cruel like Jenna’s death. Only difference: Jenna was kind of pointless, even as a parental figure, and Elena wasn’t that close to her

15. Delenafan26 says:

Sorry to disappoint everyone who is a fan of Katherine but she dies in the books but I am not sure what they are thinking of doing with Katherine but if they kill her off they are following the books and that is about all it is what is suppose to happen

• Tony says:

Well, thank god they aren’t following the books exactly. Wouldn’t be any point in watching.

• Fabe says:

Yeah, but in the books she dies in a completely different context that had nothing to do with this situation whatsoever, so there not following the books’ plans completely.

• Nahuel says:

Maybe you should have thought about giving away that tiny detail about the books and ruin everything for the people who wants to read them (or are reading). Why don’t you think before writing?

• sa says:

Just because the books spawned the series does not mean they have to follow what happens in them. And I for one, pray that they don’t. The books were bloody awful. I could barely make myself finish them they were so poorly written. The writers on the show have already done a much better job of coming up with more interesting story lines and character developments than the books ever did.

• Faster says:

Agree! Its super annoying when people come to these boards and try to tell everyone what will happen because they read it in the books. This show is a completely different animal, and thank god because as you said it is much better.

• luli says:

Klaus died in the books too, is he dead? No. Is he going to die? No. So I think Katherine will not die…

16. Natlie says:

They might as well leave Jeremy dead to spare everybody the horror of the writers scrambling desperately to give him something to do. Also, I feel like there are only so many times they can use the “omg Jeremy was just killed! Wait, he was wearing the ring!” tactic. It’s getting tiresome.

17. Mary says:

It was mentioned in the past that human Elena couldn’t use the ring since it didn’t protect supernatural beings and she was the doppleganger. Jeremy was a Hunter so technically he was also a supernatural being. It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

• vampers says:

But technically, Jeremy has ALWAYS been a hunter and therefore supernatural. It’s just recently that the mark was awoken, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t always a hunter, just unaware.

• Lyndsey says:

No, he was a POTENTIAL hunter, not a member of the Five until the mark appeared. Think of it like the potential slayers on Buffy. At any given time there could be dozens of potentials but only one would be picked to actually BE the slayer once the previous slayer died. The slayer then would acquire supernatural powers & abilities but the unpicked potentials never did (at least until Willow’s spell). In this instance Jeremy could have been picked because of his proximity to the hunter he replaced.

• Jennifer says:

However, Jeremy was already a hunter after Elena ripped the first guys throat out. She was having hallucinations and stuck a knife in Jeremy’s neck thinking it was the other guy…Jeremy was wearing the ring then and came back. Took him a little bit though. Maybe the stronger the being that “kills” him the longer it takes to come back?

18. Sam says:

I’m not sure i get the appeal of klaus and Caroline when he’s so hell bent and willing to kill her boyfriend and best friends.

Personally I’M not about that life and I’m not sure Caroline is either.

19. mac says:

If Klaroline happens now my respect for this show is dead. They made a character leave the show to justify this abomination of a ship…ugh

• Ellie says:

I completely agree. There is nothing at all redeeming about Klaus at this point, that if Caroline did hook up with him, suspension of belief wouldn’t be enough.

20. mike says:

Too much death on this show. Jeremy is one of the core characters, if he’s gone I’ll stop watching.

• Sam says:

I agree. As a huge tvd fan i thought this season especialu the last couple episodes have been weak. I dont really care for a lot of the character anymore but jeremy was actually getting interesting and mcqueen is a great actor so it is sad to see him go. I guess him dying will allow elena to turn off her humanity. That might be interesting but still they should of at least killed him in the finale or something not in a random episode in the middle of the season, just out of respect for the character and actor who has been on the show for 4 years

21. Kendall says:

Jeremy is great, and I love katherine, if hes permently dead, I will be devastated..i already was when Alaric died.

22. Sara says:

How can I even be happy Katherine is back when Jeremy is probably dead. I have never been less excited to see what happens next which is the opposite of how I usually feel after watching TVD. I always rewatch episodes at least a few times, but right now I don’t ever want to watch this one again, even though I thought it was a great episode.
    Still clinging desperately to the denial stage of grief I guess!

23. Jonny says:

I do have one sort of “are we supposed to believe this” point: although the re-entrance of Katherine was totally awesome and surprising, you have to suddenly either a, realize someone let her out of the tomb sometime in the near past, filled her all in about Silas and the cure and suddenly, she was really “gung ho” about causing some damage and get it herself.

Or b, she’s known about a cure for nearly 3 seasons worth of the show (maybe even longer) and suddenly now decides this is the time to go and get it while everyone else is.

Great reveal, great twist… just confused on the “how did we get here” parts.

• Jonny says:

*suddenly believe either… sorry about that

• ronnie says:

maybe she was working with the other hunter and that’s how he knew everything about the gang… how they met i couldn’t tell though

• John says:

Um Katherine wasn’t in the tomb. The last time we saw her she was hightailing it out of Mystic Falls to avoid Klaus. It’s completely realistic that she’s been following the group in the shadows, and found out about the cure through these means.

They’ll probably explain Katherine’s motivation next week

• Ash says:

well someone did save Jer in last weeks episode and, Shanes witch friend was found dead by Damon and the hunter guy, so you have to assume that was Katherine who has been in the shadows..

24. Sunshine says:

Even if the ring is not to protect supernatural beings when Bonnie did the spell, she took the magic into her (I think that was even stated in the episode) thus the tats disappearing and essentially the essence of him being a hunter removed so thinking he was technically no longer a hunter and a supernatural being so the ring would protect him. The character of Jer has grown more than any other so to kill the character off is a disservice.
    Elena hasn’t grown, she is still a whiney lil thing. Bonnie and Caroline have also grown but Jer has grown the most.

• sls says:

Great point about the tats being gone = Jer is huuman again. Maybe he just takes a super long time coming back to life this time. Remember either he or Alaric took a really long time coming back before. Maybe the death of the season isn’t Jer.

• John says:

The tattoos disappeared on the other hunter as well, and he still maintained his supernatural speed and strength, as seen in his brawl with Jeremy towards the end, therefore Jeremy remained a hunter therefore he is dead. :)

• Agreed. I thought the fight was to show they both still had special skills. Although can I just say, I think not being able to be killed by a vampire would make you a more effective hunter than being able to lift a few kegs. Jeremy was much better off with the ring and without the hunter “skills.”

25. Brandy says:

It’s great Katherine’s back, but I’m devastated if Jeremeys death is permanent .Great episode.

• Shanean says:

I noticed the argument of Jeremy becoming supernatural, when he became a Hunter. He was already a supernatural when he was brought back by Bonnie and he became supernatural because his return to life was not natural. Since a witch(Silas is a supernatural being drinking blood no less, the death should not take what do I know.

• Hannah says:

My main question is why was Katherine able to bite Jeremy’s neck and not Vaughn’s since they both are hunters… is it that Bonnie sucked more of Jerm’s power?

• Faster says:

I don’t think it was so much that she couldn’t bite Vaughn, I I think she would have killed him and therefore triggered the hunter’s curse I don’t think that was so much the intent when she bit Jeremy, sadly that was just the result.

26. david says:

kathrine was predictable half way through but Jeremy was shocking. fantastic episode overall

27. Ellen says:

When I saw Jeremy lay there, I was devasted. I’m still thinking that he might come back, but then again, anything can happen. I hope he doesn’t die. I really don’t want Elena to turn off her humanity because that would mean two Katherines running around. I don’t want two see two Katherines, one is enough for me. As much as people think Elena is whiny (I never thought of her as whiny because I think a normal person in the situations that she was in would be whiny), I really like her being a total opposite from Katherine. It makes the series interesting to watch when there are two different sides of Elena/Katherine to watch. I’m thoroughly depressed with how the relationships are going, so I’m not even going to comment on that.

28. Amber says:

This show just bored me to death. Elijah is the best Original, or right up there with Klaus, and we don’t even see him. My goodness they’ve really messed this season up.

• Jim says:

The actor cant be a regular because he has his own show. All he can do is guest appearances. Maybe if his other boring show was cancelled…

I agree Elijah is the best Original, although Klaus is very fun to watch :-)

29. Anna says:

I’ve never thought I’d be so shaken by Jeremy’s death. Maybe it’s because he was the youngest of the gang, he didn’t even get to have a pleasant adolescence: dead parents, dead girlfriends, dead relatives, dead parents. He had no friends of his age, How old was he? 16 tops? Why kill him anyway? To focus on this never-ending insane overrated love triangle? Based on Joseph Morgan’s last interview, this is IT: Jeremy’s dead once and for all.

30. S says:

I don’t understand you haters. Jeremy has been on the show since day 1 and it was a very sad end imo if he’s gone for good. Elena has had every family member taken from her and her life has been destroyed. This show can really be depressing sometimes.

31. shuayb says:

Called it! Jeremy is unfortunately dead. There was a story about a controversial and shocking death on TVD. For me it was between Jeremy and Bonnie. It seems Jeremy got the axe. It also makes sense. Now that Jeremy is dead, Elena will be even more determined to do what ever needs to be done to get out of this mess. Maybe she’ll become more interesting… I’m also thinking Klaus will go easy on her especially now that they both lost siblings. Would love to hear and see Klaus’ reaction to this news. OR
    It could be that Bonnie dies trying to save Jeremy. Sometimes they like throwing these things way out of left field. Either way its def one of them…

• Rachael says:

I agree. I really think they could throw Bonnie’s death out of left field. She’s continuously done stuff to save their lives. What if she dies this time trying to do it? I’d be so sad for Bonnie and Kat Graham has done a fabulous job on the series, but I almost wonder if they’re going to kill her to bring back Jeremy? :(

32. Nahuel says:

But isn’t Silas supposed to get the ones who helped him back to life? Couldn’t it be the way Jeremy comes back? I don’t know if he keeps using the ring after the Alaric incident during last season.

33. Babybop says:

Damn! Not Jeremy! He’s too good looking to die!

• Amanda says:

No kidding! Getting rid of Tyler and Jeremy in the same episode? Who am I supposed to look forward to seeing shirtless every week?!

34. S says:

I was so sad over Jeremy dying that I didn’t even realize that Katherine had taken something from Silas… What was it? anyone?

35. Sarah says:

Maybe I’m missing something, it’s not the first time with this ‘Cure’ plot, but why did Tyler and Caroline scramble to turn off the phone when Klaus told Rebecca there was only one dose of the cure?

• Laura says:

they didn’t want Rebecca to know because they want Elena to get the cure…they knew Rebecca would fight for it

• Cathy O. says:

They didn’t want Rebekah to know that there was only one does of the cure. I guess they were afraid she would try to get to it before Elena.

36. Nicolas says:

Elena stabbed him remember and he has been supernatural since he can see ghost he was born a hunter it didn’t just happen, if he is dead that is total bs

• S says:

I get what you’re saying but if he was already supernatural then with the ghost thing then why was he still wearing the ring throughout season 3? that makes no sense to me

37. Marie says:

Man, screw Katherine. Jeremy is probably dead and it’s all her fault. Also, screw this entire show. I might be over it, which really makes me sad because it used to be my absolute favorite. And I never even cared either way about the main ships, so my disdain for it now has nothing to do with that. This season started off so strong, and now all of a sudden I just couldn’t care less about any of the characters.

• jade says:

I agree jeremy was my favorite and one of the reasons why I started this retired show and now that he is gone I have nothing to look forward to every week its on. It kills me to say but I think I’m done with this show:( and for all those people who is glad katherine is back and killed jeremy you fricking suck!

38. AT says:

I was not emotionally connected to the Tyler/Caroline goodbye at all! Guess I don’t have a heart!!! To be honest I’ve just never really liked them as a pairing. Most of the time he just seems like all he cares about is sex. To me, that’s boring. So I was happy when he left. Anyway, overall I thought the episode was okay. Soon they won’t have any characters left to kill. They’ll have to introduce a new cast.

39. anil says:

I feel bad for the actor who plays Tyler. He’s basically been taken off cause they felt like it. He had no story this season and kept coming and going. Way to go writers.

40. sls says:

Anyone else wonder if Katherine is going to give the cure to Klaus to get off his sh*t list? That might be a reach and maybe she has a totally different agenda but she was suppose to be staying out of town, away from anything to do with Klaus. Maybe Klaus found her awhile ago and told her he would stop hunting her down if she could get her hands on the cure, knowing that looking like Elena would help her weasel her way into the the group at some point. Klaus is clever and I don’t think he would put all his eggs in the Jer/Hunter/Sword basket. Klaus is a plan B kind of guy.
    If Katherine has her own agenda I can’t wait to hear what it is. So glad she is back!
    If Jeremy’s death sticks and he is the big death of the season then I’m guessing Elena will lose hold of her humanity. If Katherine is still around hopefully that will mean a little bit “nicer” Katherine while we deal with a crazy ripper-y Elena. Kinda hoping for that. And hoping for the Katherine-Stefan-Rebekah love triangle (which, sorry, I have brought up before here).
    Now, there has been so much talk of Damon turning human, or dying and being brought back as human. I have no idea if any of that will happen. Can’t wait to see what comes of all the rumors.
    The sire bond…if there is no death or cure for Damon then maybe Elena breaks the bond when she loses her humanity. Maybe Damon tries to bring her back from the dark side by using the bond and can’t. Maybe she fights the bond and breaks it. I’m excited to find out but at the same time I’m not looking forward to the long break before Season 5!

• Faster says:

Agree, so glad Katherine is back and am excited for a potential Kathetine and Rebekah cat fight!

• Rose says:

Did anyone forget the fact that Esther is still alive? She was only taken away with Fyn so her sons couldn’t kill her. Correct me if I’m wrong incase I’ve missed something but I think Esther may be the one to fix everything all over again and that’s how the end the entire season? Call me out on leaping ahead a fair bit but I’m just curious on what’s happened to her. And for the record I don’t believe Jeremy will be killed off, the theory of the hunters essence disappearing would’ve made him human. I guess, we’ll just have to wait for next week. Way to leave us hanging. Otherwise – amazing episode! Katherine we’ve all missed you!

• Joyce says:

I think Katharine is planning to use the cure on Klaus – which would result in Klaus being rootable for his spin-off show.

Did anyone notice that the witch that Shane gave the Silas Headstone to – the one that was probably killed by Katharine – does that mean Katharine in combination with the cure has the Silas Headstone filled with Questiyah’s blood?

Why would Katharine steal the cure – the only thing that can stop Silas? – unless there’s another way to kill Silas?

• Cathy O. says:

If somehow Damon gets the cure then the sire bond will be broken for sure. Also I would like to see Elena lose her humanity. I think that would make an interesting story. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the sire bond story wraps up this season though. I don’t think I can take that going on for Season 5.

• Earl says:

Maybe Katherine is planning to take the cure herself to get Klaus off her back. If she is human then Klaus can use Katherine’s blood to make more hybrids.

• sls says:

I don’t think she would ever willingly become Klaus’ b*itch. She may want to try to make Klaus human but it seems more likely that she is going to use it and the tombstone to get Klaus to stop hunting her. Someone also mentioned that maybe she is working with Elijah and that, too, seems likely to me.

• Rachael says:

I think they’re working together too. Pictures have surfaced of Nina Dobrev looking like Katherine and Daniel Gillies (Elijah) on set for episodes coming up, so that’s interesting!

41. Faster says:

This is what I’m unsure of: why would the hunter’s mission be to dig up Silas and kill him with the one dose of the cure? Couldn’t they have just left him buried and save themselves the trouble?

• sls says:

If they didn’t kill him with the cure someone else would find him and free him. maybe? And maybe there were meant to get rid of all immortal beings as a way to balance things out? Just guessing.

42. reward says:

I’d be sad about Jeremy but Kath is back and there’s nothing better. Finslly she is here *-*
    And only for her this ep deserves 10+
    Kath: it’s really good to see u.
    Now, u have to kick ass Klaus’ s ass. You can do it.

43. Anon says:

I enjoyed it. I think it had to be one the 5, I think that makes sense. Now I am sure there are plenty of pot holes in this thought, but I wondered…what if Jeremy’s ring does bring him back and the dead person is Bonnie? I mean she was still lying there, bleeding out. Would be kind of a cool twist…..plus i’d pick Bonnie’s death over Jeremy’s. But whatever would they do without the magical Bennett witch!? Since it seems nearly all curses trail back to the Bennett line, only a Bennet is the answer!……they’re doomed, ha ha ;-)

44. RobMF says:

I thought the rules of the ring were if you died a supernatural death it brought you back to life. Which is why when Sheriff Forbes shot Jeremy, Bonnie had to bring him to the witches. Later Elena gave up the ring, but I believe that was because she is a Vampire and the ring wont work on her since technically she is already dead. I don’t think it was ever suggested that the ring wouldn’t work for a witch or a werewolf so it shouldn’t effect Jeremy since he’s a hunter. He was wearing the ring during the episode so, I’ve got to believe next weeks episode will start with him waking up. Plus the death that sticks was supposed to come in episode 15. This was episode 14.

• Faster says:

In season 3, Alaric didn’t want to take the ring from Elena and she said that it wouldn’t work on her anyway because she was a doppelgänger. A hunter is just as much of a supernatural being as a doppelgänger is, I’m assuming.

• Sara says:

Yea, but he was a hunter at the end of Episode 5, when the mark appeared and in episode 6 (of this season) Elena stabbed him and he was revived by the ring. So if his death sticks, they are totally breaking continuity! It’s gonna be Bonnie, if anyone.. I’m guessing.

• Patty says:

I just watched the promo for next week, and it looks as if Jeremy is really dead. We´ve seen the ring revive Jeremy and Alaric, not long after they were killed, so if so much time has passed in the promo, I´m inclined to say Jeremy is really dead. Any thoughs?

• Kelly says:

Amazing point!! But do you mind telling me where you found this news, I can’t find any proof anywhere and everyone else doesn’t believe me either but Jeremy CANNOT be dead otherwise this show will just be a huge hoax.. PLEASE REPLY IF YOU GET THE CHANCE.. I’m feeling so desperate!!!! And I realize this is just a show, but I still care about what happens… I LOVE THE CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY JEREMY and BONNIE!!!!!!!!

45. sls says:

Watching it now for the second time, so does Katherine also have the tombstone since Shane’s guy was killed (not by Damon or the other hunter)? Or is there still someone else on the island?
    If Katherine does have both the tombstone and the cure what is she going to do with them? Katherine is a lay low sort, not really putting it all on the line unless she absolutely has no other choice.
    My above theory in another post, that she is going to give the cure to Klaus thus getting off of his sh*tlist is still my first guess but I would love to hear more theories! Could she have gotten her hands on a witch herself and be planning to take out Klaus? Obviously, given the spinoff that won’t succeed but she might try. I don’t think that would be her motive though. Again, she would rather run and lay low.
    Does any of this have anything to do with why Klaus leaves Mystic Falls for New Orleans? I also just read somewhere that Klaroline may be explored more as some characters may go between both shows. This surprised me a bit because I was under the impression those two were never really going to go anywhere. I’m happy if it is true though. Would love to see Caroline pop over to the Originals show every now and then.

46. josh says:

As a few people mentioned, jeremys tatts were taken away by Bonnie, making him human again which would result in him loosing his hunters strength? hence why he couldn’t take out Vaughn for himself. so if he did have a ring on maybe he will be back and someone else will die in episode 18?

47. Fran says:

I’m not sure why people are hating this season. I admit I’ve been up and down with it myself at times, but I really like where it’s going. Jeremy’s death is sad- not sure yet whether it’s really sticking or not. Katherine being back is fantastic. I do wish Rebekkah wouldn’t always get the crappy storylines though. She is such a complex and interesting character. But the best part is that out of all these comments, there are barely any about the love triangle :) That’s always a plus in my book.

• MaryAnn says:

I have not liked this season because of the plan to kill vampires and bring out Jeremy’s tats. How on earth could Elena claim to still have her humanity and want to kill vampires who deserve to live as much as she does, just so she can be human again? To me, this has completely ruined continuity of characerization for the show. Why on earth hasn’t one of the characters called it like it is on this?

48. Dominique says:

If Jeremy’s really dead, then that’s it.
    All the secondary, much less fascinating characters get to live, but those who’ve been there from the start all die. We get it Julie; Elena’s not allowed to have any family. You made that clear when her parents died in the car accident, when Isobel died under Klaus’ orders, when Jenna died during the ritual, when John died to save Elena, and when Alaric died as a result of the neverending fight between all the Originals.
    WE GET IT!! Why did Jeremy have to be another proving point for you?

49. ARIADNE says:

Someone said that in the next 2 eps (14 and 15) two major deaths will take place(one is Jeremy obvs) but only one will stick!HHHHmmmmmmmmm…

• S says:

Oh is that what was said? so maybe Jeremy isn’t the one who dies then? I had been thinking either Jeremy or Bonnie would die but now that they are showing it I really don’t want neither… Its just so freaking depressing :( Neither deserve it.

• Kelly says:

This was a GREAT point!! Thank-you so much, I never even thought about that..but where did you find this because others have been doubting me on who dies (Jeremy’s been the real reason why I actually continue watching this show each week!!!), and I’ve been looking everywhere for an answer..JERMEY CANNOT BE DEAD OTHERWISE THE WRITERS WILL HAVE SUCCESSFULLY AND FINALLY GONE AGAINST EVERYTHING THEY’VE BEEN WRITING FOR SINCE DAY ONE ( which is for hope and morality and love and family ect..) I hope I made my point and/ or where it makes sense?!? Thanks!

50. cherie says:

Omg I loved tonights episode and for all of you who say elena is over STEPHEN I think if jer really dies he is the one who is going to be by her side because it seems damon is set on thinking that she doesnt really love him. But as far as katherine love it I knew it they said somebody else was on the island and their is no way in hell that she wants the cure for herself she totally wants it for klaus or to use it as her leverage. I was pondering the other day about the potential spin off the originals focusing on klaus and I thought it would be super cool if they could have elena on the vampire diaries then katherine on the originals the one who is after klaus with the cure would love to see katherine in her own show. but any whoo really liked the way this all played out tonight excited to see next weeks episode.

• Cathy O. says:

Cherie, I watched last night’s episode again and have to agree with you regarding Stefan. I am a Delena fan and even though Elena made it clear to Stefan that she will never be the person she was before going off the bridge, with Damon pushing her away, I think there is a strong possibly that she may end up going back to Stefan because he will be there for her again after she loses another loved one. It may go like this this time, she will end up with Stefan again but still be in love with Damon, therefore keeping the infinite love triangle. Then again, should she lose her humanity, probably none of this will apply.

• How can Katherine have her own show? Nina Dobrev’s pretty busy with film The Vampire Diaries.