Scoop: Breaking Bad Star Heads Under the Dome

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Under the Dome Season 1 Cast Dean NorrisThings are getting crowded Under the Dome.

Breaking Bad‘s Dean Norris is the latest actor to join the cast of CBS’ anticipated summer series, TVLine has learned.

Norris will play Big Jim, the successful owner of Chester’s Mill’s used car dealership and also a town councilman, an office he takes very seriously.

The 13-episode drama, an adaptation of Stephen King’s 2009 novel, takes place in the New England community of Chester’s Mill, which inexplicably finds itself trapped beneath a massive, transparent barrier. Chaos soon breaks out.

Norris joins an ever-growing cast that includes Pan Am‘s Mike VogelTrue Blood‘s Aisha Hinds, Life Unexpected‘s Britt RobertsonCSI: NY‘s Natalie MartinezSupernatural‘s Colin FordJolene Purdy (Gigantic) and Nicholas Strong (Nashville).

Comments (7)

• YYYYYEEEEESSSS!!!!! He is exactly what I pictured Big Jim looking like in the book. Maybe they could make him look a little older though….or not. I just hope I don’t end up hating the actor for the character he is going to play. Can’t wait for this show to air

Comment by Darren – February 14, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw the head line and thought …gotta be Big Jim!!

Comment by Ames – February 14, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Up until now, I thought meh, but I will definitely tune in now. Great casting choice!

Comment by Carrie – February 14, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too…I’m actually thinking of watching now

Comment by Sara – February 15, 2013 03:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At first, even when reading the book, I pictured John Goodman…but I actually really like this choice, it’s a meaty role for him to dig into

Comment by Nick – February 14, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is shaping up to be a very random cast. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but still, random.

Comment by Emily – February 14, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post