25 TV Couples We Miss This Valentine's Day

Get More: Lists, Photo Gallery

Valentine’s Day is here, and like its 364 counterparts on the calendar, it’s a great time to think about television.

In the spirit of the holiday, we started pondering all the great TV couples of the past whose absence from our screens has made our hearts grow fonder: The steamy ones (David and Maddie from Moonlighting), the aspirational ones (yes, your favorite marrieds from Friday Night Lights) and even the ones where half the duo is mostly made out of metal (you’ll have to read on for the identity of that pairing!).

UPDATE | Valentine’s Day Love: 30 Duos That Got Snubbed From Our Ultimate Couples Countdown!

So click through the gallery below to get the skinny on the 25 TV Couples We Miss, then hit the comments and tell us which twosomes you still wish were coming to your living room once a week.

Comments (373)

• Love that Sawyer and Juliette were included. I really loved them together, I also agree Desmond and Penny should have been included. The Constant cemented them as an amazing Love story!

Comment by Meaghan – February 14, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are a lot of great couples on this list. Most surprising and delighting…Cruz and Eden. I’m so glad I’m not the only one that misses them.

Comment by Eric – February 14, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss House and Cuddy!

Comment by Cuddy's lawyer – February 14, 2013 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eden & Cruz!! Oh how I loved Santa Barbara….

Comment by Rachel – February 15, 2013 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I read everyone’s comments, and I still have some favorites that no one mentioned.

Robin and Marion from “Robin of Sherwood” (BBC series from the eighties, which aired on PBS in the US. Huge fan following, including conventions devoted just to them. And yes, I absolutely loved Lady Marion with both Michael Praed’s and Jason Connery’s versions of Robin.)

Julian Luna, the vampire godfather and Caitlin Byrne, the sassy human reporter, played by Mark Frankel and Kelly Rutherford from “Kindred, the Embraced.” In a vampiric society in which consorting with (much less trusting your secret to!) humans carries the death penalty, the king of the whole society is breaking the rules. Their chemistry just sparkled, and I would definitely recommend checking them out if you can find old episodes on dvd.

Alex Reid and Dr. Charlie Harris from “Saving Hope.” I still can’t believe that NBC cancelled that show! The chemistry between the two, as portrayed by Erica Durance and Michael Shanks is just so poignant!!! I never realized she was such a good actress until I saw this show!

Here’s hoping that the website will give us a second gallery based on all of the readers suggestions!

Comment by MaryAnn – February 15, 2013 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brenda and Fritz from The Closer! How could you not put them on this list?!

Comment by Maya – February 15, 2013 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great job. To add a few:
    1. Brian & Justin
    2. Scarecrow and Mrs. King
    3. Luke and Laura

Comment by Stella – February 15, 2013 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No love for Naley?!?! I miss Nathan and Haley (One Tree Hill) so much, the were such an awesome couple!

Comment by jules – February 15, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom and Lynette?? Mike and Susan?? C’mon they were fantastic too!!

Comment by Krithika – February 15, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And where is the best couple ever? I mean House and Cuddy !

Comment by Kriszta – February 15, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know that they were technically not a couple but that can’t stop me from wishing that Joey and Phoebe were on this list. Does anyone still ship them?

Comment by Krithika – February 15, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with the list…and all of the comments…but I still see one coule glaringly missing. Does nobody but me have any love for Coach Hayden Fox and Christine?

(And am I the only fangirl who heard Phil Collins singing “Groovey kind of love” in my head for Eden and Cruz?!)

Comment by Kim – February 15, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Tenth Doctor and Rose so much. Wish there was another spin-off about human!Doctor and Rose in a parallel world… Alas.

Comment by Sofya – February 15, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Benson and Stabler, anyone?!

Comment by Zoe – February 15, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All couples are superb…

Comment by love photos – February 16, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joey and Pacey!!

Comment by ju – February 21, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ted and Robin in How I met your Mother.
    The most beautiful and romantic couple of the decade

Comment by simmons – February 25, 2013 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um…hello?? Brenda and Dylan!! Duh!

Comment by Amanda – February 26, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh, Ross and Rachel?

Comment by Mab – February 26, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Miss rose and that dr

Comment by Mab – February 26, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • house and wilson – they would be my dream valentines dates! bromance is always in season:)
    or peter and olivia on fringe, or jim and pam (season 1-3 though)
    jkras is my back up valentine:)

Comment by Jay K – February 28, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mulder and Scully and Maddie and David!!

Comment by Marie More (@sweeteepie4ever) – February 28, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to see my two all-time favorites, Xena and Gabrielle and Willow and Tara, on the list!

Comment by Roni – March 13, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow that was odd. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say superb blog!|

Comment by agate cameo – March 22, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello to all, it’s genuinely a good for me to pay a visit this site, it contains valuable Information.|

Comment by media stock – March 22, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is among the most significant information for me. And i’m glad studying your article. But wanna statement on few normal issues, The website taste is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Just right task, cheers|

Comment by Anonymous – March 23, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post