25 TV Couples We Miss This Valentine's Day

Get More: Lists, Photo Gallery

Valentine’s Day is here, and like its 364 counterparts on the calendar, it’s a great time to think about television.

In the spirit of the holiday, we started pondering all the great TV couples of the past whose absence from our screens has made our hearts grow fonder: The steamy ones (David and Maddie from Moonlighting), the aspirational ones (yes, your favorite marrieds from Friday Night Lights) and even the ones where half the duo is mostly made out of metal (you’ll have to read on for the identity of that pairing!).

UPDATE | Valentine’s Day Love: 30 Duos That Got Snubbed From Our Ultimate Couples Countdown!

So click through the gallery below to get the skinny on the 25 TV Couples We Miss, then hit the comments and tell us which twosomes you still wish were coming to your living room once a week.

Comments (373)

• Josh and Donna (West Wing), Chuck and Sarah (Chuck), Athena and Helo (BSG)

Comment by Liz – February 14, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • peter and olivia!

Comment by darla – February 14, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sydney & Vaughn-Alias

Comment by jss0058 – February 14, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BUFFY AND ANGEL DUH

Comment by MistyB – February 14, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww. . . definitely miss Tami and Coach from FNL. But also Veronica and Logan, Angel and Buffy, Rachel and Ross, Monica and Chandler, Cappie and Cassie, Winnie and Kevin (wonder years) and Joey and Pacey. Sigh

Comment by sa – February 14, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK AND SARAH! THIS IS FAILS!

Comment by sia – February 14, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel & Buffy!! DUH !

Comment by Geraldine – February 14, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buffy and Angel!
    Fred and Wesley!
    Nikita and Michael (old version)

Comment by Lila – February 14, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Forgot about Nikita and Michael.

Comment by Lia – February 14, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Max and Liz!!! Roswell forever!

Comment by Justine – February 14, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kevin & Scottty (Brothers and Sisters), Wesley & Fred (Angel), Niles & Daphne (Fraiser), Laura & Mr. Steele (Remington Steele), and Lee & Amanda (Scarecrow & Mrs. King)

Comment by Dicie – February 14, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seth and Summer from The OC. Nothing beats Seth Cohen standing up and professing his love on a coffee cart on Valentine’s Day. NOTHING.

Comment by Chris – February 14, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, as people have said before, Chuck and Sarah (Chuck) and Charlie and Claire (Lost) would be another one I’d put down

Comment by Chris – February 14, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM NOEL!

Comment by David – February 14, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Usually when certain lists come up I can guess right away if Veronica Mars would be in it. I was sad to find out I was wrong and Logan and Veronica weren’t included.

Maybe they can replace Gauis and Number 6′s annoying, boring, weird, and way to long relationship. I was so over “I see the cylon every where” by episode 2.

Comment by Jenn – February 14, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Obviously Buffy and Angel!

Comment by Guerline – February 14, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad Mulder and Scully and The Doctor and Rose are on here..only missing Sam and Jack from Stargate in my book.

Comment by bonesfan – February 14, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also missing:
    Seth and Summer (The OC)
    Josh and Donna (West Wing)
    Monica and Chandler (Friends)
    Chuck and Sarah (Chuck)
    Sully and Dr. Mike (Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman)

Comment by Jenn – February 14, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And how could I forget one of my all time favorites:
      Sydney and Vaughn (Alias)

Comment by Jenn – February 14, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, yeah! I forgot about Dr. Quinn and Sully. I loved that show. Also, Sydney and Vaughn. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Comment by SK – February 14, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I definitely miss Dr. Quinn and Sully. I just wished they hadn’t ruined it by that totally inadequate end episode when they finally got together. The viewers deserved so much more!

Comment by MaryAnn – February 15, 2013 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Cal an Gillian = Callian <3 from Lie To Me? I miss them!!!

Comment by Astrid – February 14, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lorelai & Luke!!
    Xander & Anya, Monica & Chandler, Piper & Leo,

Comment by Annabelle – February 14, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Buffy & Angel <3

Comment by Michelle – February 14, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eden and Cruz?? I’d rather Mason and Julia!!

Comment by Andrea – February 14, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was happy to see the original Beauty and the Beast ,but no Chuck and Sarah what a terrible over site!!

Comment by Bren – February 14, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mick and Beth—Moonlight, Monica and Chandler, Josh and Donna

Comment by aj – February 14, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh. Mick and Beth were the best!

Comment by Deb – February 14, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The couple I miss the most is Mick and Beth from Moonlight – a show canceled way before its time.

Comment by fayedigi – February 14, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carrie and Doug..

Comment by NoName – February 14, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UMMMM HELLO… Ross and Rachel!! Best tv couple ever

Comment by Pickles – February 14, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan and Haley-OTH
    Brooke and Julian-OTH
    Rory and Jess-GG

Comment by Mandy – February 14, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I forgot about Carrie and Big – I definitely miss Sex and the City.

Comment by fayedigi – February 14, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Patch & Kayla, and Jack & Jennifer from DAYS. ::sigh::

Comment by AnnieM – February 14, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I never cared for Rose, so in my opinion Amy & Rory are the better choice for Doctor Who…. And I’ll also echo some of the other comments – Veronica & Logan, Lois & Clark (from L&C, not Smallville, sorry), Pacey and Joey, Laura & Mr. Steele, Lee & Amanda, Zoe & Wash. Plus I’ll add two more – Nate & Sophie and Hardison & Parker from Leverage.

Comment by Zeph – February 14, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss….
    * Pacey & Joey from Dawson’s Creek
    * Monica and Chandler from Friends
    * Mulder and Scully from The X-Files
    * Chuck and Sarah from Chuck
    * Cal & Gillian from Lie to Me*
    * Dick and Mary from 3rd Rock from the Sun
    * Bright and Hannah from Everwood
    * Ed and Carol from Ed
    * Remington and Laura from Remington Steele
    * Chris and Rita from Silk Stalings
    * Jack and Jen from Dawson’s Creek (friends)
    * House and Wilson from House (bros)
    * Jack and Karen from Will and Grace (a fun duo)
    * Lynda and Spike from Press Gang
    * Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry — in anything together (I miss all the good old British comedies!)

…not all of them as romantic couples, but some just as amazing duos.
    ;)

No, I do not have a “life” in the eyes of most people.
    Yes, watching TV shows is important part of my “life”.

Comment by R.H. (@alittlebitofm) – February 14, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most people don’t understand how tv can be an important part of our lives. That’s sad.

Comment by Annie-Claude – February 14, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No list of TV couples is complete without Ross and Rachel! I’d also add Piper and Leo from “Charmed.”

Comment by Brandon – February 14, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carrie and Big

Comment by nobody special – February 14, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cooper & Charlotte!

Comment by Kat – February 14, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phoebe and Cole

Comment by broncfanwa – February 14, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BJ and the Bear

Comment by Terry – February 14, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Edith and Archie Bunker.

Comment by Len – February 14, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart to Hart

Comment by Terry – February 14, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Steven and Elyse Keaton

Comment by AL – February 14, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummmmmm… Luke & Lorelai?!

Comment by Leena – February 14, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget Piper & Leo , Charmed

Comment by Tracey – February 14, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to Sydney and Vaughn?!

Comment by Jo – February 14, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doug and Carol from ER!

Comment by Emma – February 14, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MISSING Ross and Rachel… Monica and Chandler… Chandler and Joey for Ultimate Bromance… Blair and Chuck… Cassie and Cappie… Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky… DJ and Steve… And although I didnt watch it, I know Joey and Pacey were pretty epic

Comment by Lynne – February 14, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Luke and Lorelei, Rory and JESS!

Comment by SB – February 14, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • O.k. this list is way RANDOM and it’s missing about a bazillion couples. Eden and Cruz from Santa Barbara?? What the … and that’s the only daytime soap couple that was included … if you’re gonna open up that can of worms then the list should be about 200 couples long. And from primetime shows you’re missing Syd and Vaughn, Chuck and Sara, and well, every other couple already listed by other people in these comments.

Comment by maryploppins – February 14, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Sydney and Vaughn! Just as Chuck and Sarah should have been included! They’re missing way too many couples.

Comment by Adriana – February 14, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smallville – Lois Lane and Clark Kent
    Torchwood – Captain Jack Harkness and Ianto Jones
    Chuck – Chuck Bartowski and Sarah Walker
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer – Buffy Summers and Angel

Comment by A Young Samaritan – February 14, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seth and Summer from The O.C.

Comment by Annie-Claude – February 14, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan and Haley – OTH
    Piper and Leo – Charmed
    7th Heaven Couples, Matt and Sarah and others

Comment by Sanni – February 14, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mary and Wilson! Simon and Deena! ERIC AND ANNIE!!!!!!

Comment by Lynne – February 14, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Piper & Leo Charmed
    Phoebe & Cole Charmed
    Luke & Lorelai Gilmore Girls
    Mick and Beth Moonlight
    Barnabas and Victoria (remake of Dark Shadows)

Comment by Lori – February 14, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really REALLY miss Barnabas and Victoria from the “Dark Shadows” remake. I think the cliffhanger that show ended on is my # 1 just SCREAM moment in terms of frustrated anticipation in my entire television watching career.

Comment by MaryAnn – February 15, 2013 01:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the Friends couples are the biggest oversight- Ross/Rachel and Monica/Chandler both deserve a shout-out. The couple I’ll personally miss the most is probably Chuck and Blair from GG, but the show only ended a couple months ago.

Comment by MB – February 14, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post