The Voice Exclusive Preview: Blake and Adam Prepare to Haze Usher and Shakira

Season 4 of The Voice will bring two new coaches — Usher and Shakira — to those trademark revolving chairs, but don’t expect veteran panelists Blake Shelton and Adam Levine to roll out the red carpet and make their rivals’ jobs too cushy.

RELATED | NBC Execs Talk Revolution Hiatus, Plan for ‘Unique’ Hannibal, The Voice Concerns and More

In this exclusive promo for the new season (which returns March 25 at 8/7c on NBC), social media maven Christina Milian interviews Adam and Blake about plans to “haze” their new colleagues, and we also overhear highly amusing discussions about the correct pronunciation of “Shakira,” whether or not she and Usher have ever bothered to tune in to previous Voice seasons and the Colombian diva’s thoughts on high-stakes gambling.

So press play below for the entire promo, then hit the comments with your anticipation level for Season 4 of The Voice!

Comments (23)

• “10 bucks only?” that was smooth.

Comment by the girl – February 14, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait!!!!

Comment by Becky – February 14, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m soooooooooo glad Christinia isn’t on this season….I really hope she never comes back…I hope Usher and Shakira decide to be tougher on the contestants so the contestants can grow and improve instead of flatlineing and not growing as artists and singers

Comment by Billy – February 14, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I’m excited!! Although I will miss Christina and CeeLo. The seating arrangement is good lol Usher and Blake sitting next to one another.

Comment by B. – February 14, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shakira was pregnant during the blind auditions, Recently she had her baby, I hope american audience don’t notice her absence and she could return when battle rounds and the live performances arrive on tv.

Comment by Fernanda – February 14, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so ready!!! Shakira bring it!!!! Never seen this show but i will now!! Aaaaaahhhhhhh!! #TeamShakira!! <3

Comment by Alex – February 14, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be back when Christina is back…..

Comment by William M. – February 14, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then I hope we will never see you here again. :)

Comment by Alienate – February 15, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • really,come on i am a very big fan of Christina but this show is soooooo much better than A. I. …..
      Usher is amazing,Shakira is amazing,understand your loyalty,but we need more than one artist in our life…come on watch it will will be taken by those 2…

Comment by carol – February 15, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hah, definitely excited. Think Shakira is gonna be awesome.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – February 14, 2013 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will for sure miss Christina and Ceelo. I have enjoy watching them in the past.

Comment by Marilyn – February 15, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is the first time I will not watch…..as long as Blake is on there I want watch…..he is rude ,crude and a DRUNK…..sorry I really liked the show

Comment by Pat Leach – February 15, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TOTALY Disagree! Blake makes the show.

Comment by vicky rowland – February 16, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll just say one thing .. this show will never be the same if Xtina and Cee lo did not return .. nothing against Usher and Shakira, but they definitely never will have the same chemistry that Adam+Christina+Blake+Cee lo has it! :/ miss them

Comment by Carol – February 16, 2013 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with u Carol, i rather watch The Voice, than American Idol. I will MISS them also, i hope they do come back.

Comment by DJ – February 17, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love This Show! I think the dynamics of the show will be much better this season. Adam and Blake are hilarious to watch. Can’t wait to see what the have up their sleeves for the newbies!

Comment by lolly – February 16, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blake Is hilarious, and he is not rude… he is playing with Adam, Cee lo, and Christina. The four of them made a great show!!! I happen to like the fact that these people are positive, and helpful, and not mean and rude like A.I. Or A.G.T. This is why I watch this one and not the others. Even when they have to tell someone they don’t have tallent, they do it in a respectful manner. The contestants of 2012 were so good they didn’t have to be brow beaten to do better.

Comment by sherry – March 10, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why changed!!! what’s wrong with Christina and CeeLo?!!!

Comment by May – March 14, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They needed time off to work on albums/tours and such. Shakira should be a cool fill in.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunning – March 15, 2013 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awsome panel of judges…sure beats the poop out of Idol which has become so stale. Cannot wait…Usher & Shakira who will be great additions to the panel. Usher is soooo cool while Shakira is hot, hot, hot!! Blake is pretty cool, calm & self-deprecating…love him. Adam….well, born a rich kid, but made it anyway.
    Monday, March 25th – Oh, yeah!
    NBC certainly needs some help!

Comment by Eastedie – March 19, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post