Glee Recap: Wedding Belle Blues [Updated]

GLEE_S4-Ep4-I-Do-Emma“Emma’s left the building.” And yet that at-the-altar announcement by ice-cold Sue Sylvester was only the tip of the iceberg on an action-packed episode of Glee that kept the “Say what now?” surprises coming right down to the very final scene.

Oh yes, folks, “I Do” contained the following eyebrow-raising plot developments:

PHOTOS | 25 TV Couples We Miss This Valentine’s Day

* Emma, reeling from the pressure of planning her wedding all alone while Will was in Washington, DC with his blasted blue-ribbon panel, got the coldest of cold feet, delivered an incredible rendition of “(Not) Getting Married Today” and fled the church via putrid green taxi. (Am I the only one who finds Jayma Mays’ musical numbers to be consistently awesome and wishes there were more of ‘em?)

RELATED | Valentine’s Day Love: 30 Duos That Got Snubbed From Our Ultimate Couples Countdown!

* Mr. Schue took the rejection hard — especially since he felt like his absence was the catalyst for the cataclysmic event. But best man Finn — still feeling guilty about kissing the bride 10 days before her big day — helped rally his former teacher/current bestie and made him realize he needs to go out into the world, club his woman over the head and drag her back to the cave (so to speak). Here’s hoping, though, that Finn heeds Rachel’s advice and never mentions the kiss to Schue. As the Lady Berry noted, dude always dreamed of being an actor: “Here’s your chance to play the role of the supportive best man.” Oh snap! (Side note: How hot did Finn look in that wooly brown sweater during his chat with Will in the teacher’s lounge?)

* Under the “What Happens at the Reception Stays at the Reception (Even if It’s No Longer Really a Reception)” Clause, we got hookups between Rachel and Finn, Kurt and Blaine, Quinn and Santana, Artie and Emma’s niece Betty (The Glee Project‘s very cool Ali Stroker), but not for Jake and Marley. Final score: Wah-chicka-wah-waah, 4; Chastity, 1. While Quinn labeled her sapphic awakening as a one-off (okay, make it a two-off) and Kurt tried to play it casual, it was clear where Finn stood on the matter of his future with Rachel: “We are endgame. I know that, and you know that,” he said with mix of optimism and steely resolve. It was as if Glee‘s writers were shouting to the show’s core fans, “Don’t worry — we’ll get these crazy kids back together, but you might have to be patient!” Interestingly, it was Rachel who plucked the final affirmative petal off Finn’s “she loves me, she loves me not” flower. Talk about saying it with flowers. Grrrrl!

* Mercedes and Mike attended the wedding, too, though I’ve got to question why. Mercedes sang a couple lines of music and dropped a bon mot about needing her “arm gays,” while Mike didn’t get to speak at all. Why bother, really? Just to tell fans that they’re still part of the cast? Tina, meanwhile, finally dropped her crush on Blaine — and not a second too soon, I might add!

* In underclassman news, Ryder played Cyrano de Bergerac and helped Jake give Marley a first-rate Valentine’s Week, while clearly pining for her the whole time. But when Jake noted he thought her was “so getting laid” after the reception, Ryder was aghast and insisted Marley wasn’t ready for the full Puckerman. Later, Marley told Ryder she knew he was behind all the Valentine’s romance, and after she sweetly thanked him, he planted a kiss on her lips right there in the McKinley hallway. Triangle alert. Dunn dunn dunnnn!

* Back at home in NYC, it appears that Brody might be paying for his college tuition via the world’s oldest profession. What other reason would he be exiting hotel rooms with copious amounts of cash in his hands? This isn’t going to end well, is it? Burning question: Is Brody’s clientele male, female, or a little of both?

* Oh, and hold on to your wedding hats, ladies and gents, but Rachel might be pregnant. Or so said her day planner. And maybe that home pregnancy test she was taking in her bathroom. The look on her face wasn’t exactly Tony the Tiger trumpeting “I just got some grrrrrrrreat news!” Still, for a girl who’s all about the Sex and the City dream right now, shouldn’t she have invested in a box of condoms?

Musical Performance Grades
Jake and Marley, “You’re All I Need to Get By” | Didn’t Will commit to being a better teacher when he switched from Spanish to History? And yet he allows kids to interrupt class for moony serenades? I just couldn’t get past the ridiculousness. Grade: C+

Emma (and Will and selected guests), “(Not) Getting Married Today” | Jayma Mays hasn’t had much screen time in Season 4, but she’s made every line count. Her panic during this frantically paced number was totally palpable. And dang, her voice is pretty great, too. Grade: A

Kurt and Blaine, “I Just Can’t Get Enough” | Cute reception-hall fun. Grade: B+

Finn and Rachel, “We’ve Got Tonight” | I love when Glee manages to interweave its music with its story arcs, and this was a great example, with Finchel providing a sublime soundtrack to the various hotel-room seductions and shenanigans that followed the wedding fiasco. Great stuff! Grade: A

Marley, Artie, Jake and New Directions, “Anything Could Happen” | I dug the loose, spirited choreography, but given that Marley and Jake already had a prior musical number, I’d have rather had this be an Artie-Betty duet, or maybe even Tina-Kurt! Grade: B+

Episode’s Best Zingers
“Al Roker’s disgusting, by the way.” –Santana, responding to Quinn’s comment that Schue and the Today weather dude were the only decent men alive

This exchange, delivered mid-backseat-makeout session…
Blaine: This is just bros helping bros.
Kurt: I love when you talk fratty.

“You’re a weird bird lady with a hollow pelvis and OCD, and Will Schuster is a weepy man-child whose greatest joy in life is singing with children. And his best friend is 19.” –Sue, giving Emma additional reasons not to go through with the wedding

On that bitter note, I turn things over to you. What did you think of “I Do”? Did you (like me) think this was yet another incredible week for Jayma Mays? What do you make of Rachel’s possible bun in the oven? How about that speech from Finn? And what about the week’s other hookups? Sound off in the comments!

1. July says:

Jarley might not be the most loved couple of the show, but they’re so cute together. Still, I hated what Ryder did. I wonder if Jake will ever find out about this kiss.

• Ximena says:

I love Jake and Marley!

• Carmen says:

Loved Quinn’s and Santana’s scenes. Great chemistry between the actors and their characters are so well-matched. Down to the fake id’s at the ready. Kurt’s and Blaine’s scenes made me sad. Kurt ‘going casual’ with the boy he’s loved so much. Blaine accepting whatever Kurt will give him even if it’s not what Blaine really wants. Using sex instead of really communicating. Really? So humiliating for these characters who supposedly always shared their thoughts with each other and told each other the truth. The storyline of Kurt and Blaine moving on as friends (with benefits now?) that seemed to have begun with the Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes is not convincing and is unsettling to me really enjoyed Glee Project’s Ali. I hope she returns. I thought Jayma was terrific, breathtaking,really–her acting and her singing flawless.

• LIly says:

totally agree with your analysis of Klaine… they were just using each other for some fun… nothing more…sad…

• CJ Smith says:

I can’t say I agree. I think they’re two boys still hopelessly in love, but Kurt is just afraid because of what happened before. I can’t say I blame him, I would be scared to go back to someone who cheated on me (although, I do feel that when Blaine says he’s sorry, he means it). I feel they need to actually talk though, and have a full on discussion about what they both need to fix in their relationship, before getting back together… That’s just my opinion though.

• Lauren says:

I love Jake and Marley, too. In some ways they’re opposites, but given some of their bad experiences in school, I think they can identify with each other more than other possible partners.

Note to Michael Slezak: About your song comments – admit it, you’re biased, and you were looking for any excuse to attack Will. Jake’s song could have come at the last 3 minutes of class, and was only interrupting a lecture about the History of the American Eagle, I believe (one of Brittany’s classes was interrupted by Artie singing, and there may have been a Puck interruption, too, so teachers at the school are clearly cool with an occasional musical break.) Granted, Jayma’s been sorely missed, and had a tough assignment, but was it so hard for you to pay a compliment to how incredible Matthew and Amber sounded?

• Harmony. says:

No, I gotta back up Slezak on this one-there is not way a teacher in real life would let kids sing to each other in class. Even in the last three minutes. Ask any teacher and they will laugh and say no. Most teachers, especially high school teachers, take their jobs too seriously to let their classrooms be overrun by sappy/horny teenagers. A situation roughly similar to this happened when I was in high school and the teacher said no without a second though. Not realistic at all.

• Lauren says:

You’re joking, right? How much of what happens in that school on Glee is realistic?

Sue repeatedly assaults students, and forces one to babysit her baby, another teacher has a relationship with a student, band members skip their own classes to perform music for New Directions, etc., etc. And the experiences in your own life do not preclude what happens in the thousands of high schools across the U.S. (has there never been in the history of the U.S. a class that was interrupted by an alumni saying hello to a teacher, or on the day before a holiday/vacation had an interruption, etc.?)

• KC says:

They used to be cute together. Crazy/Crazy and Let Me Love you were the best moments. But lately it’s gotten pretty shallow.

I kinda like Ryder and Marley.

I LOVE that Marley made the Cyrano reference! I was thinking that the WHOLE time.

• Strepsi says:

Where is the love for JAKE & RYDER? I think Marley is a teriffic singer & dancer, but these 2 boys always have better chemistry with each other! From dyslexia to comparing biceps…. get these 2 a room as well!!!

• jh says:

Jarley zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• dude says:

I like them both but I much prefer Jake and Marley. What Ryder did was super shady and just begs the question “why even pretend like you’re the dude’s friend?”

• Morgan says:

Ugh, Jake is adorable and all but I think Ryder likes Marley a lot more than Jake does. And all Jake wants to do is get in her pants.

2. April says:

What. The. Hell. Was. THAT?!

• Glee is a TV show says:

Did you mean to post that on the “Nashville” episode 1 recap?

• S says:

-So Brittany and Santana were together for a year and we didn’t see a scene even close to that, we had to wait 3 years for their first kiss, and in one night they have Santana hooking up with Quinn. I know we didn’t see Santana and Quinn kiss, but their moments together in that bed were more intimate than any scene between Brittana ever. I know some people are probably thinking it’s so cool that 2 girls hooked up, but wouldn’t it be better if it were between a couple that loved each other? Santana is super in love with Brittany, and Brittany is trying to move on but still loves her.
        -With only 8 episodes left of this season I don’t see how a Brittana reunion is possible. Kurt/Blaine and Rachel and Finn took leaps and bounds forward, even if they aren’t together right now. Why can’t Brittany and Santana have anything remotely close to that? I don’t get it.

• a says:

It’s because Brittany and Santana kinda suck together. It’s okay, you can admit it. You don’t have to like them just because they were the first lesbian couple on the show.

• KC says:

Agreed, A.

• Ximena says:

This!

• Olivia says:

I shipped Brittana before, but frankly this is waaaaaay better. And it was just a hook up and we saw nothing of it. That should tell you something lol. Brittana was good. WAS. It was nice in high school, but now? No, I can’t see it anymore. And “Brittany still loves Santana”? Well I’m not in her mind but she seemed pretty fine and moving on last time they had a conversation so… It’s bad that they never did them justice, I 100% agree with that. But trying to do it now just for the sake of it, when everything changed and the characters are growing up would be beating a dead horse, sorry S.

• 80s says:

I love you. Brittana was horrible to me. I’m ready for Satana’s next love interest! I really hope she falls in love with someone meaner and sassier than she is. A nice start-off-as-enemies love story.

• Natty B says:

Totally agree! I’m not a Brittany fan at all. I love me some Santana. Her and Quinn are fun. I hope they stay fun and don’t go all drama. Things don’t have to be so dramatic all the time. Hope they (being the writers of Glee) don’t ruin a good thing. The girls can keep their flirt on and not get all serious. I just want the continued friendship of Quinntana to prevail! The show has enough serious drama queens on it.

• They are kind of a toxic couple, always hurting each other and the pain the two went through just to be together, and in the end breaking up again. They have a great idea going, and if they can mature it would be awesome but in all honesty I really want to watch the Quintana scene.

• Melinda says:

That’s exactly what I feel about Finn and Rachel. It was in high school but now their older. Time to move on. Most of the time people do not stay with their boyfriend or girlfriend from high school.

• KC says:

Brittany doesn’t love Santana anymore. She loves Sam. Sam makes her laugh, he makes her happy. He brings out the very best in her. He was there for her during the toughest times of her life, while Santana was being a bitch and ignoring her. There is no future for Brittany and Santana. Santana is too selfish and immature to have a serious relationship. She’s a fantastic character, and she will grow out of it. But she and Brittany don’t belong together.

Plus their relationship was so one dimensional and BORING. I know a lot of LGBT fans want them to end up together, but in reality most people don’t stay with their high school sweetheart. Santana is better off exploring other options, and Sam and Brittany belong together. At least for now.

• Sean C. says:

When exactly was Santana being a bitch and ignoring her this year? She was at college, where Brittany sent her.

• Trouty Mouth says:

Brittany has never said “I love you/him” to or about Sam though. Sam’s a paternalistic creep and Brittany deserves better.

• not amused says:

Are we watching the same show? Santana is anything but immature and selfish when it comes to Brittany (or even in general, throughout this season, she’s given ample evidence to suggest that she cares about people other than herself, e.g. Finn needing a Rizzo for Grease, Marley’s eating disorder, and the Rachel-nude-scene intervention, Rachel in the upcoming promo, hell…even Mr Shue during this episode). She’s always supported Brittany (e.g. prom, Brittany’s presidential campaign) and believed in Brittany (“you’re a genius”), and Brittany has always done the same with Santana (e.g. encouraging her to go to New York, getting her the scholarship). Even before the break up, Santana tried to be as available as possible to Brittany, going as far as choosing to go to Kentucky so she’d have more time to see Brittany, and only doing laundry at home for the same reason.

Sam was “there for her”? Sam’s “perfect for her”? No. Sam doesn’t understand Brittany at all. Sam put cereal on the floor for her, giving her a glass of milk to wash the floor-cereal down. Santana doesn’t undermine Brittany’s intelligence either. Santana believes that Brittany well and truly understands revenge, and Santana knows this because that was the basis of Brittany’s relationship with Artie. Santana asks Brittany to meet her in the choir room with not a trace of surprise on her face when Brittany enters the room, meanwhile Sam gives her a map of the school and lays a trail of cereal and acts surprised and relieved that she found the room. That “sexy teen imbeciles” scene in 4×12 just highlighted how pathetic Bram is as a relationship. Sam had absolutely no regard for Brittany’s feelings when he acted all surprised that she got a higher SAT score than him, and she showed no regard for his when she listed his possible career prospects.

And as for them “loving” each other, yeah, evidence please? Like Trouty Mouth said, Brittany has never once said she loves Sam, either to his face or in passing. She told Santana “I love you” plenty of times, and she even said “I love him too” to Santana about Artie while they were dating, but she’s never once said “I love you Sam”. “I like you”, “Your impressions are funny” and “You’re awesome” =/= “I love you”. (And you can’t use the “it’s too soon” argument because Jarley have been dating for the same amount of time, and they’ve said it a lot). And as for “Sam makes her laugh and happy”, that doesn’t mean that he’s necessarily good for her as a boyfriend, and anyway, Santana does the exact same thing, and she does it without being paternalistic as hell.

• rofl says:

Behold KC, the most moronic commenter!!!

• a says:

@not amused

It’s always funny that people completely overlook the fact that Brittany’s a terrible girlfriend and, in the past, that’s been Santana’s fault. She manipulated her idiocy and made her cheat on Artie, remember that? Santana may call Brittany a “genius,” but she doesn’t believe it or treat her that way.

Basically, Brittany is terrible and Sam and Santana deserve better. Brittany is better off in the background, spouting off a one-liner every now and then.

• Me says:

@A
            Because “terrible girlfriends” get their girlfriends scholarships, don’t they? Santana didn’t “manipulate” Brittany’s so-called “idiocy” because she knows Brittany’s a ninja (and probably has a higher IQ than the collective Bram fandom). Haters gonna hate.

• a says:

@Me

They’ve had a few nice moments, sure. But the only reason that they have this huge, obnoxious following is because they’re lesbians. If Santana were a guy and treated Brittany the same way, she would be controlling and condescending.

• BRAMSUKS says:

brittany loves sam? no. Its more like a pathetic excuse for the show to have Sam with a gf because everything in glee revolves around relationships. Sam and brittany are the most stupid thing glee has ever done because when you have to bring two characters down to dumb levels to try to make them work it is not working. Just because two characters are popular they dont belong together. CHAD prays to however is up there that he will some day have the same talent and chemistry that naya has with heather

• dcl says:

@BRAMSUCKS You really have to admit that Naya and Heather have off the chart chemistry.

• Trouty Mouth says:

@A, they’ve had a cult following because of the chemistry and the story. Out of the three main canon couples, they have the least problems.

• Brittany isn’t a lesbian, folks. Brittany is a person who loves. male, female, Tubbington, she loves, without consideration as to who-slash what she is loving. right now, Sam is providing her with the good feelings she feels she needs, and her heart is in a good place. I don’t think she’s ever going to not love Santana, she’s just not IN love with Santana right now. And that’s ok — it’s called growth, it’s called change, and it’s called living your life the way it’s handed to you. Santana moved on first, and Brittany dealt with that. Why Santana should have expected Brit to sit at home and wait for her to change her mind is beyond me. “No, i don’t want you right now, but you’d better be right where i left you when i decide i do want you!” no, i don’t think so. Maybe they’ll evolve back to each other, and maybe they won’t, but either way, Brittany will continue to be true to her character, a loving, giving person, NOT a label.

• KC says:

I LOVE episodes that make me ask that. XD

3. Bethany says:

One of my favorite episodes… EVER. Awesome.

4. Glee is a TV show says:

– So, why has Emma been keeping Artie in the dark on her hot niece for so long? Glad to see Artie have a hookup.

— I saw the whole Santana-Quinn booty call coming a long time ago. So, can all the upset Brittany shippers just move on now?

• Angry lesbian blogger aka Brittana shipper says:

“Never”

• JakeM says:

Why do the “upset Brittana shippers” have to move on? We just fight for something we believe is the real deal. That’s it. If Brittana it’s ever going to happen again, I don’t know, but I haven’t watched this show for so long, seen such a commitment between this two characters, to just move on after these “smart writers” suddenly decided to break them up, without giving them a change to have a decent storyline, quality time together as a couple, and some hope that it could have really worked. I’m sorry, but I and millions of others out there, can’t just move on.

• A says:

Oh God seriously with all this again? Plus, your comment would hold more value if you actually had been keeping up-to-date with the show. But like you said, you haven’t watched the show for a long time, so I don’t see how you can complain?

• A says:

My bad. I misread the part about you watching the show for a long time, But anyways, I agree with Glee is a TV show

• libby says:

I think that “millions” is quite a stretch.

• Glee is a TV show says:

JakeM: As a lifelong Skilligan shipper — do you have any idea how hard it was to send an email to Sherwood Schwartz, the creator of “Gilligan’s Island,” in 1964? — I think you should take my advice and move on. It’s just a TV show, really.

• dude says:

Well you don’t control the show and television writers should never give control to their fans. Especially vocal shippers. They have their vision for the show, leave it at that.

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

“The real deal” is at the whims of the writers, because this is a TV SHOW and not reality.

I like Brittany and Santana together as much as the next gay, but seriously, the vitriol that’s been spewed over their relationship is well past obnoxious. The show belongs to the writers, not the fans. If you don’t like the storyline, move on. It’s not real life. Brittana won’t affect real life in any way.

Characters grow through obstacles, not through happy scenes. Happy couples on shows are usually boring. That’s why there are always complications. That’s why it took TEN friggin’ years for Ross and Rachel to get together on Friends. That’s why Piper and Leo were ripped apart time after time. That’s why Angel left Buffy.

Just GET OVER IT and watch, or don’t get over it and don’t watch. Either way… STOP WHINING!

• Reality Chex says:

I sincerely hope you are not serious. This is a TV show. It is fiction. The “smart writers” created the characters. They can do whatever they want with them, because Brittany and Santana are not real. The writers can [gasp!] kill them if that’s what they think would be most entertaining.

What are exactly do you “believe is the real deal?” It’s sweet that you find the writing on this show convincing, but these are not real people and by definition the commitment between them is not real. It’s a fantasy, period.

What will you do when the show ends its run?

• dan says:

best line of the night “was it good for you? I dont know” lol this was priceless i cant feel below the knees joke

5. Anna says:

Okay. Rachel had sex with Finn like two seconds before she took the test. So the (potential) baby is Brody’s? It will be a little ridiculous if the writers decide to go in a “whose the father direction.” What will be even more ridiculous is Rachel choosing to keep the baby if she is actually pregnant. Since I doubt they have the balls to go the abortion route (the only realistic choice the character would make), I’m betting it’s a false positive.

• steph says:

When they showed her flipping around in her calendar, it was March. So that scene is set in the future meaning it could be Finn’s baby.

• Terri says:

Glee time is fluid…that scene could be 2 or 3 weeks later…Her calendar was on March…which is when the next episode will be.

• Amanda Ellen says:

If you look closely at the calendar it says March… So that is one month ahead from now so it could be Finn’s ;)

• Inigo says:

The wedding was on Feb. 14th. The calendar Rachel was checking before she took the test was March.

• SST says:

Not necessarily the calendar she was looking at said March so I’m betting the daddy question is up in the air. We know she’s probably not pregnant so that may be what freaks her out in the next episode that if she had been she wouldn’t have known who the father was.

• Leah says:

I bet she’s pregnant with Brody’s kid but that Finn is there for her and Brody’s not. Brody would end up being such a deadbeat dad.

And no, it’s not the only realistic choice. Some people put others before themselves instead of making stupid selfish decisions, even though it’s not easy. Rachel would never have an abortion, that’s not her character. She’s selfish, but not THAT selfish.

She really needs her mom right now. Maybe to talk to her about adoption. But I really hope Rachel keeps the baby.

A miscarriage might be another thing that could happen. Tragic, but possible. Still, I’d rather see Rachel as a mother. It’s so unexpected!

My best case scenario- it’s Brody’s kid, they have a really tough time and argue a lot, she ends up getting back together with Finn and he accepts her even after what happened, and she deals with her struggles co-parenting with Brody.

• Anna says:

In my opinion, the character of Rachel Berry would not think having an abortion is stupid. I believe she would argue that raising a child at this point in her life would be stupid and raising a child she doesn’t want would be selfish (she didn’t want to marry Finn, so I’m guessing she doesn’t want a child with him). She would certainly have to put her dreams of stardom behind her if she decided to parent a child, and I doubt she would want that.

Now, I could totally see Finn demanding that she keep the baby. Why? Because that fits with his character.

I understand your argument, but I think it’s coming from a personal place. I respect that and I’m not saying I disagree with you, but I hope the writers portray decisions that are true to the characters.

• AJ says:

Anna, Rachel did want to marry Finn, don’t you remember? But Finn put Rachel on the train to NYC instead of going through with the wedding. And when Quinn was pregnant with not-Finn’s baby, he was supportive and said he would stand by her whatever choice she made.

• dude says:

Yes but given her relationship with her birth mother, I don’t know how she could put a child up for adoption. Rachel will not be a mother on this show, at least for a while so I’m thinking she loses it or isn’t pregnant at all.

• the writers never stick with what is true with the characters

• What says:

It’s not selfish to get an abortion you child. And she doesn’t need her stupid, abandoning mother when she has two parents who already love her. The writer’s aren’t brave enough to go down this route, but if they did, it’s completely in character for Rachel to realize, she’s still immature, poor and on the cusp of never achieving her dreams, and that those two guys she’s involved with are even stupider and more hapless, and immediately go get an abortion and deal with it.

• dude says:

Abortion is the definition of selfish. I’m not one of those pro-life people, I understand why abortion is necessary or at least considered but it is a very selfish decision to make. People don’t kill unborn babies to help or protect them. If you’re unable to raise a child there’s always adoption. Most people get an abortion because they don’t want to go through with the pregnancy. They don’t want their body to change, they don’t want to go through the pain of labour for a child that’s not really there’s, they don’t want to have to physically give up a child. It’s all affecting them. I can understand abortion but it’s a very selfish decision to make.

• indn says:

I don’t know… Rachel’s adopted, remember? With a rocky relationship with her birth mother to boot. I don’t think she’d want to become Shelby 2.0 for her child, I don’t think that she’d consider giving a baby up for adoption knowing how it affected her. She knows she can’t raise a child; she’s in college, busy trying to achieve her goals/dreams, I can see her getting an abortion for, given her situation and life experience, not completely selfish reasons.

• Anna says:

My question is, don’t women deserve to be selfish when it comes to their bodies? I realize that in general, society believes that we should give up all personal dreams to raise a child. But at age 19, it’s not a bad thing to put your dreams first. Food for thought.

• D says:

But isn’t it only for like 6 months? like be in the pregnant stage for 6 months, put a pause on everything (as a consequence of possibly careless action or lifestyle), put baby up for adoption, and then go back to pursue personal dreams?

• May says:

I think she is pregnant, and this can be May sweeps material. Either for the birth or the miscarriage, or maybe even finding out who the father is, could be a really good arch for the last part of this season.

• Linda says:

If she got pregnant on Valentine’s Day or the day before as it looks like they are doing, she should not be giving birth in May.

• michelle says:

It doesn’t matter if it’s Finn’s or the other guy’s — obviously she’s just going scrape it out and move on (or to avoid controversy, they may fall back on an oh-so-convenient miscarriage). But she’s certainly not going to go the single mom route. But really what was the point of going here? All it shows is that’s she’s too stupid to use birth control and which ever guy it was was too stupid to use a condom?

6. Anna says:

…and by “whose” I obviously meant “who’s” ;)

7. Marcus says:

I feel like Kurt is getting set up for an STD storyline. FWB hook-ups with the ex who cheated on you often end in something that burns when you pee.

8. A says:

Tbh, this was not a bad episode for me, however, I was kinda hoping that the whole episode would be a bit more Emma-centric since it was her wedding day. I know its Glee and about the kids but I’ve really missed Emma this season. Loved her line about the incestuous Glee kids. And Kurt’s “Did you vapo-rape my ex-boyfriend?” AHHAHA.
    Not sure how I feel yet about Quinn and Santana but aside from that this douche bag character Brody seriously needs to leave the show. I don’t care about kicking him off just so Finn and Rachel can get back together, he just needs to leave period.

9. Andy says:

TERRIBLE EPISODE! I’M DONE

• Ruby says:

I’m out too. Good luck gleeks it was fun while it last.

• David says:

It was a very weird episode. It’s like the theme was “hook up with anyone you can because it is Valentine’s Day.” Perhaps not the best message to send out. And we’re supposed to believe that Rachel would ever have unprotected sex? She’s way too success driven for that.

• KC says:

Brody’s kind of turned her into an idiot, if you haven’t noticed. Dude ate sex naked at her dining room table in front of Kurt, and she had nothing to say about it. Dude cheated on her with Cassie and Rachel took him back. Rachel doesn’t exactly have the best judgement right now. It’s boys-boys-boys.

• jh says:

Stop making stuff up. Rachel and Broddy were barely talking much less dating when he slept with Cassie. Until episode 11 Rachel was pretty much single anything she had with Brody has been casual that was even reiterated tonight.

• Britt says:

condoms break…

• Condoms break and she might be on birth control

10. Bender says:

Santana and Quinn wow, would have loved to be a fly in that room.

11. MF says:

I just hope that pregnancy scare involver ONLY Finn! because grossss Brody is a prostitute and Finn said they’re ENDGAME and no manwhore is gonna change that!!
    Quinntana was funny and the car scene with Klaine ewwww

• Ally says:

how is it going to involve Him it was too soon!!! Rachel is a whore now. After sleeping with Finn she went straight to Brody’s arms. Its going to be Brody’s baby. So done with everything!! And Quinn and Santana EWWWWWWWWWWWW

• dude says:

It can’t involve only Finn since it’s already obvious it might be Brody’s baby.

12. Gina says:

Glee is turning into one hot mess. TOO much junk in one episode. It’s like someone on speed wrote the damned thing. And I was a megafan, too…but, now, I just watch out of habit. You know dopey Rachel is going to get an STD out of this, besides a possible baby. It’s all like an afterschool special run amok.

13. Amz says:

All I have to say is.. What was that? Quinn & Santana? Yeah.. I don’t even know where to start

• Marie says:

That was terrible!!! my little cousin was watching the episode with me and I had to turn it off. So out of the blue. I liked them as friend but this!!!! Wow!! ew

• Sean C. says:

Why would you have to turn if off specifically because of them? There were four couples having sex.

• jess says:

Stop being so homophobic. We gays already don’t get real kisses on this show, I enjoyed the bed scene.

• Amz says:

It’s not about being homophobic.. I don’t mind the gays, especially Brittana and Klaine, but those scenes in this episode were just wrong, as a huge fan of the show and usually trying to see the upside to things, I’m not even sure how to make an upside out of this!

• huh says:

It was rated PG 14, If your cousin is 14 they understand if not why did you let them watch?

• libby says:

Yeah and don’t forget all the Klaine groping and making out.

14. Marilou says:

Finn and Rachel forever! Brody needs to get out! And rachel needs to stop lying to herself, also Lea and Cory are perfect.

15. Siren says:

Glee NEEDS more Finchel scenes. Today episode is a proof.

16. Nola says:

So Rachel Berry is living with and sleeping with a male prostitute? What is happening to this show????? Yuck.

17. wow says:

rachel pregnancy was schocking, brody character just need to go, loved emma music number and finchel duet, marley and jake are boring

18. jess says:

If Glee actually has Rachel get pregnant, I’m honestly done with the show. Quinn’s in season one was enough for me. Hopefully just a scare. And Finn’s ‘endgame’ comment was so cringeworthy.

Best part of the episode? Quinn and Santana, easily. I thought Naya and Dianna played off each other well. I just really enjoy their banter they have back and fourth. Brings the laughs.

19. Marilyn says:

Jake is so not cool. Ryder FTW! Also, Betty + Artie = Bartie = Awesome! That is all……

20. Terri says:

Finn’s speech to Rachel was flawless…and flirty and I love this Finn. Go get ‘em Tiger! And the flower love me/love me not scene was exquisite !

21. Sib says:

From all the comments above, am i the only one who find this week’s episode quite enjoyable? Despite all of its flaws, i find the musical number were better than last week and i feel entertained throughout the episode, which was the point of a tv show right, to entertain you not to be too critical of the show?

22. K says:

wait was rachel looking at her day planner or brody’s ‘appoint planner’ therefore causing her to discover the truth of how he spent his valentine’s day (cause thats what im really hoping for) finchel ftw!

23. marie says:

Finchel… they were perfect tonight and would be perfect every episode if only they’d interact in every episode… very happy about tonight’s episode!! =)

24. Bianca says:

KURT AND BLAINE AMAZING!!!! or Chris and Darren, I’m not so sure with those two, hahaha

25. vkaro21 says:

Finchel was perfect!!!! they are really endgame

26. metaphors says:

loved rachel and finn music number and emma too, jake and marley are annoying and boring. when finn was talking about seeds and then rachel thinking she is pregnant it made me think about rachel’s line in season one “metaphors are important”

27. heyang says:

Tonight just proved to me that the only great pairings from Glee are Finchel and Klaine. How could Rachel go back to Brody after Finn’s declaration?? I’m hoping it’s just a pregnancy scare that ends up breaking up Rachel and Brody.

• Sean C. says:

Because Finn is an aimless loser?

• Ace says:

Yes, yes he is. You need a college degree to be a teacher or even a sub…so right now, he’s a fill in glee-club teacher who is not qualified for anything more really. I get college wasnt his thing and he screwed up the military thing, but he needs more direction than this idea to co-coach an after-school glee program for the rest of his life.

Living at home with Mom and Burt is gonna get old soon, especially with this whole possible renewed Rachel love interest/baby scare. Plus, he needs to figure out what to do with himself and find a real job now that Schue is back and I’m sure glee coach doesnt pay much either. Figure it out Finn, cuz honestly, (besides the fact that he’s dating a sophomore who is 16 at most and may possibly fit into the statutory rape category as he’s 19) Puck is less of a Lima Loser than he is. Figure it out, Hudson.

Oh, and to JH below, it’s not all Rachel’s fault but it’s not all Finn’s either (as much as I hate sticking up for either one of them.) I think it’s on both of them and their mutual situations put them where theyre at now…

• Jess says:

You do know that Finn’s 18/19, not 30 right? They’re not all going to have their lives mapped out at this point. Life is not a race, you go at your own pace.

• Yep says:

Exactly. And selfish and a moron. I don’t know why Rachel keeps forgiving his cowardice and general idiocy.

• Francesca says:

EXACTLY! I mean, Finchel what? Why should she waste her life and talent with an idiot who has no aim or talent whatsoever? I really don’t get Finchel O.o

• jh says:

Because he won’t go to NY. It is for him to change not her. People need to stop blaming her for his situation.

• Stac says:

How could Finn not get his crap together and follow her to NY and stop whining and running away like a little baby? He needs to nut up or get the eff out of her way permanently.

28. Allyson says:

I am furious that Will and Emma didn’t get married. What the hell was that? Way to go and upset fans in a big way! Anyway, I do sense a Finn and Rachel reunion soon! Lets hope Rachel isn’t pregnant with Brody’s baby. There wasn’t enough time to pass that she could be pregnant with Finn’s baby so lets hope Rachel isn’t pregnant at all for everyone’s sake.

• KC says:

I think they’ll still get married. I think it will be a small wedding later this season, just a few of their closest friends. Sort of an elopement. But they’ve got to work out their issues. Will was an idiot for leaving her alone so long and expecting her to plan a wedding as soon as he got back. After months apart, she could be feeling like she didn’t even know him anymore! I’m an army wife, my husband was deployed for a year while we were engaged. When he first got back, it was weird. If we hadn’t spent a month living together before our wedding I’d have been super nervous too. But we ended up with a stress-free wedding and we’ve been married happily for over two years now.

Distance makes the heart grow… A little unsure. Emma and Will need more time.

29. Val says:

Omg what a awesome episode! Felt like the old glee again! Loved Jayma Mays song, she did great! And absolutely loved Finchel! Finn hit the nail on the head an said what needed to be said! And people calm down about the “preggo” Rachel there is another long break so we are suppose to believe that it is March already when she took the test, so it could be Finn’s if they didn’t use protection, as said in spoilers. And because Brody is a manwhore, they would always use protection! And we don’t know yet what’s gonna happen so stay calm! Best episode yet!!

30. Josh says:

I wish Michael would snark this show more like he does Smash…It’s equally, if not more so, outrageous..

31. Liz says:

I still firmly believe that Jayma Mays deserves a better show than this

• April says:

I think everyone, cast and audience alike, deserves a better show than this.

• Lola says:

Hey, Lea, Cory, Chris, Dianna, Naya and all the other Original Cast deserve better than this.

• Fin fan says:

Yes to that. I have to admit that this episode was so much better than others but I have trouble with some of the content. It doesn’t appeal to me. Loved most of the songs. The last one I hate that song.

32. katy says:

Have they learned nothing from Quinn getting pregnant with beth? Use protection jfc

33. karenb says:

Great to see Ali from the glee project. Now if we can just get Michael and Nelly-that would be awesome.

• KC says:

Nellie, yes. Michael, no. Shanna would be AWESOME!

• Trouty Mouth says:

Aylin deserves a guest spot before any of those three.

• indn says:

I’m a bigger fan of the Glee Project than the actual show, so I feel compelled to comment here:

I really liked Ali in this episode, her character was hilarious and she played off Kevin really well. I’ll be a fan of her on the show until she sings; her voice is just shrill to the point of grating to me.

Big fan of Michael, but not sure what role he could fill. Puck’s guitarist brother? Taken. Insecure freshman? Pretty much the point of the show. He could’ve easily been what Blake/Ryder has been this season (not taking anything way from Blake, he’s been fantastic). Seeing him would be great, but I don’t have enough faith in the Glee writers to not disappoint me if he does come.

Nellie would fit in right away. She’s an amazing singer, unique, and has her own niche, really. Even if she played herself, it wouldn’t be a caricature of anybody. ‘Nuff said.

Not really sure what Shanna would be… Joe’s cousin? She seemed like she could handle the show easily.

And I know I’m against a lot of people in saying this, but…

Not a fan of Aylin… I never really saw her play anybody but herself, and we’ve seen how that turned out. Also, I never really bought how she would inspire Turkish “Moslem” girls. She’s a modern woman who ran away from her family’s faith because she felt restricted. That’s great for her, but do we want her spreading that message on Glee? That religion, specifically Islam (discriminated enough already) is bad and should be ignored? Don’t think that’ll go over well with much of the viewing population.

34. Gabrielle says:

I like the idea of Ryder/Marley way better then Marley/Jake.

35. Karenh says:

Loved that they finally let Quinn go gay…Like we didn’t know already. Quinn and Santana had more chemistry in 4 scenes then Britanna has ever had

36. Moonpie says:

Rachel has never really had conflict that didn’t resolve quickly or get tied up in a neat little good-for-her bow.
    I’m hoping things go awful for her.

• KC says:

Me too. It’ll REALLY show her true character and who she really is. She needs some real challenges in life. I can’t wait to see how this plays out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37. Finchel :) says:

All I can say is, this episode was awesome!

38. JCD says:

While part of the Finchel speech was cute, but the part where he’s all ‘you’ll always be my gf’ came off a bit creepy and controlling.

39. Lalalalala says:

Love Klaine and I hope they end up together but doesn’t Kurt have a boyfriend? Or at least an almost boyfriend? Wonder how he would feel about him hooking up with his ex at a wedding. Sorry but Kurt just cheated which is exactly what made him break up with Blaine in the first place.
    – although he totally saved me from losing respect for him completely with his “vapo-rape” line

• Pippa says:

It’s right in the dialogue of the show that Kurt and Adam are not exclusive. He didn’t cheat.

• CJ says:

Kurt didn’t cheat as his and Adam’s relationship is undefined….even Kurt says that to Blaine last night. Having said that….Klaine shippers shouldn’t get too excited about them being a couple again as Kurt also made it clear that he views whatever he and Blaine have right now to be just friendship….with some obvious benefits. I’ve said before and I will say it again…Ryan Murphy AND the actors who portray Kurt and Blaine DO NOT WANT THEM TOGETHER ANYMORE. This was just something to appease a number of folks in the Glee fanbase.

All that being said…thank the TV gods that they finally closed out the Tina having a crush on Blaine storyline. That was so stupid.

• Michele says:

Considering Ryan Murphy said Klaine was eternity, Darren compared them to Ross and Rachel from Friends and Chris compared them to Meredith and Derek from Grey’s Anatomy, I don’t think anything you said about Klaine in this makes any sense. They want the drama, but all three of them want Kurt and Blaine to get back together in the end…

40. david says:

they cant make rachel pregnant because it will ruin her story. shell probably get an abortion or lose the baby in true soap fashion.

• KC says:

No it won’t. It’ll bring out a WHOLE new side to her. She’s always been the little diva, and she never changes on the inside nearly as much as she changes on the outside. It would be fascinating to see her changing her life plan and being a mom. She needs some hardship to bring out the best in her.

41. Olivia says:

Quinntana :O

That. Was. Awesome!

And the whole episode (minus the noobs) was entertaining, I didn’t believe it was still possible with this show. I’m shocked. Not because of the plots, but because I loved it, wow.

Oh and Jayma? I love you! So underrated woman. She did an outstanding job with NGMT!

Can I say again how AWESOME that Quinntana stuff was? Hot as hell and endearing at the same time, it’s a shame they probably won’t develop that because if they did it would bring a lot of good vibes back to this show… Anyway, can we take a minute to talk about Quinn saying “I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be with a woman”? Yes Quinn, we know. Happened to me too lol.

• dan says:

I agree that this episode was pretty good and one of the best for the season. They highlighted more of the original cast members (and Blaine) instead of putting all the focus on the newbies. I was glad that Wade, the rasta-religious guy (name?), Kitty and Sugar weren’t involved in this episode. But why were Marley, Ryder and Jake at the wedding? They barely know Emma and Will. Then to have Mike and Mercedes show up at the wedding but not be present at the reception was weird (it was obvious the two of them weren’t there with the others). Finally, where was Coach Beiste? She definitely would’ve been invited to the wedding. Another continuity error by the producers. Otherwise, I liked the episode.

42. Jess says:

Every time Will & Emma has a life changing event (proposal Season 3, wedding this episode), Finn & Rachel has a cliffhanger. When Emma gets pregnant, I expect Finn & Rachel to elope.

43. maxwell says:

i liked the ep! espcially the song, also that song, she can rap! and i love the klaine scenes

44. kmc says:

I only watched this episode for “Getting Married Today” and was completely impressed with Jayma Mays. That tempo! Rivaled the original. Wow. Awesome sauce.

45. lin says:

I can with how disgusting Rachel character is, all this hook up with her ex and her boyfriend prostitute It makes her character look really dirty.

46. What the what is going on? Glee has passed wacky, and is a full blown mess.

47. Tom says:

Where the hell is Jayma Mays’ Emmy? Honest to goodness, “(Not) Getting Married Today” is one of the hardest songs you could even TRY singing, which is why it’s always slowed-down from its intended tempo. But Jayma not only sang it, but she also sang it at its original speed, without missing a word or a beat (hell, even while lipsynching the goddamn thing). I mean, girlfriend needs recognition stat.

I thought this was a fantastic episode, and definitely the best one in weeks. The drama and comedy were equal in step, and this was the first time that I was genuinely invested in the Marley-Jake-Ryder triangle (poor Ryder, indeed). I don’t care if it was just a huge group of hook-ups at the end of the day. As a Valentine episode I was very much impressed. The fluidity of the hotel room scenes was superbly directed, and “We’ve Got Tonight” was a beautiful segue, beautifully sung by all involved.

• Lily says:

Totally agree. It’s the first Glee episode I’ve ever truly enjoyed since The First Time.

• Marcus says:

the fact that you enjoyed the episode with the borderline date rape in it tells me all I need to know about you

• Leslie says:

Get over it! Ppl already moved on. Pls. stop beating a dead horse. It’s just good to see a good episode with all these happy couples together including Klaine.

• Lydia says:

Snapping at people to “get over it!” is not a very mature way to respond to an issue that can be very triggering for some people. That car scene caused my cousin to have a full blown panic attack because of her history, and just because you weren’t bothered by the scene doesn’t mean you should just dismiss the people who were.

48. hmm says:

if you hated even this episode (which was great) why are you still watching? why keep watching a show that you have a problem with week after week after week? ugh, idiots.

49. Tracy says:

Glee has already had an unplanned pregnancy – they don’t need another! And c’mon, Rachel knows Brody slept with Cassie so she would have used a condom! Quinn and Santana…came out of left field and didn’t make sense. The new kids did not belong in this ep as anything but background noise!!!! Schue has been gone all season – he barely knows them and he himself said the original kids changed his life so why force the newbies into the picture? Don’t the producers know we would have rather seen more of the original kids and it would have been much more respectful to the history of the show? Finn and Rachel being the end game was the only good thing to come out of this ep. I love Finchel but Glee has gotten so awful….I don’t know how much more I can stand.

50. kavyn says:

Am I really the only one that though Finn’s speech was so condescending? He knew Rachel was with Brody but completely trashed their relationship and acted like such a jerk about it. I was offended, and I’m a guy! If I were ever in a relationship and found out my girlfriend’s ex said that to my girlfriend, I would be BEYOND pissed.

I don’t care about Brody but I sure as hell didn’t care for that speech. Just think about it, if you were with someone and your ex came up to you and said stuff like that about your current boyfriend, wouldn’t that offend you?

• Liv says:

Finn’s always been a selfish dick who’d rather wallow in his own impotence and expect everyone to cater to his idiocy and lack of self-esteem than do anything about it. He’s a liar and a d-bag and I’m so sick of him. He needs a good strong kick to the balls. Maybe it’ll jump start his brain while making sure he won’t inflict the world with his inevitably horrendous offspring.

• Gabbie says:

Hahahaha tell me how much hate Finn Hudson. I agree the dialogue was extremely awkward (like 75% of Glee dialogues tbh) and I felt for Cory Monteith who had to act that scene, but he was looking particularly handsome at that moment so I didn’t mind.